ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Knicks Hire Thibs - Official PG 64 - Woodson expected to join pg 66

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Re: Woj: Knicks Hire Thibs - Official PG 64 - Woodson expected to join pg 66 

Post#1561 » by Oscirus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:30 am

yea knox is the throw in to a bigger trade at this point. More valuable to us then what we'd get in a legit trade
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1562 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:29 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
When asked what Scott Perry thinks player development is, he was quoted as saying "Clearly, it's giving players who I was involved in drafting a 2nd chance on the Knicks"

I wouldn't be mad at all if they moved on from Knox, maybe use him to move up from #27. I just don't see it w/ him

RJ and Mitch are the 2 foundation pieces and Frank and Dot can be useful bench players

I just don't know what Knox gets us in return. Seems like we'd be selling very low.

What if RJ still struggles with his shot?

Knox probably gets you higher in the draft. in 2017 Jazz traded #24 and Lyles for #13. Lyles was also coming off a disappointing sophomore season, and was older at the time, so maybe Knox could have a bit more value than him

I'd try to take on a salary dump/pay cash to move up 1st, but I also want to acquire another 1st rounder and go big on youth (love the potential role players in this draft)

Even if RJ struggles w/ his shot, I still like his potential because he can still get to the rim, make plays for others, rebound, and is a better defender than I expected. RJ should have more ball-handling responsibility IMO, and the shot isn't terrible; he still made 32% from 3, he's at least a shooting threat
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1563 » by knickabocker88 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:36 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Staff would be diverse especially in player development. -Scott Perry

When asked what Scott Perry thinks player development is, he was quoted as saying "Clearly, it's giving players who I was involved in drafting a 2nd chance on the Knicks"

So Elfrid Payton?
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,160

Post#1564 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:00 am

knickabocker88 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Staff would be diverse especially in player development. -Scott Perry

So Elfrid Payton?

Think hes talkin Knox
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1565 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
I wouldn't be mad at all if they moved on from Knox, maybe use him to move up from #27. I just don't see it w/ him

RJ and Mitch are the 2 foundation pieces and Frank and Dot can be useful bench players

I just don't know what Knox gets us in return. Seems like we'd be selling very low.

Knox probably gets you higher in the draft. in 2017 Jazz traded #24 and Lyles for #13. Lyles was also coming off a disappointing sophomore season, and was older at the time, so maybe Knox could have a bit more value than him

I'd try to take on a salary dump/pay cash to move up 1st, but I also want to acquire another 1st rounder and go big on youth (love the potential role players in this draft)

Even if RJ struggles w/ his shot, I still like his potential because he can still get to the rim, make plays for others, rebound, and is a better defender than I expected. RJ should have more ball-handling responsibility IMO, and the shot isn't terrible; he still made 32% from 3, he's at least a shooting threat

Okay, I’m riding with you. Better get my shades first. The future is bright! 8-)
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1566 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:45 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Okay, I’m riding with you. Better get my shades first. The future is bright! 8-)

I legitimately think the future is bright despite Thibs not being one of my top 3 choices as HC. RJ and Mitch + a this years lottery pick LaMelo or Edwards (gotta speak it into existence)
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1567 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:20 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get that Brunson is a longtime Thibs assistant and former Rose client, but they seriously gonna hire him?

Brunson was arrested in June 2014 and indicted on charges of attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated battery and domestic battery following an encounter with a massage therapist at a Lifetime Fitness in Vernon Hills. Authorities say Brunson used the name of retired NBA star Patrick Ewing to book an appointment in April with the massage therapist who had previously notified Brunson that she would no longer provide him with massages. Brunson pleaded not guilty to all charges. He later testified that the incident that led to the charges was a consensual act as part of an ongoing extramarital relationship. He was eventually acquitted. -via Wikipedia

He used Pat's name :noway: :noway:

Jesus....no way they can hire him; found this too

Read on Twitter

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/08/timberwolves-rick-brunson-resignation-improper-interaction-allegations
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#1568 » by aq_ua » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:43 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get that Brunson is a longtime Thibs assistant and former Rose client, but they seriously gonna hire him?

Brunson was arrested in June 2014 and indicted on charges of attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated battery and domestic battery following an encounter with a massage therapist at a Lifetime Fitness in Vernon Hills. Authorities say Brunson used the name of retired NBA star Patrick Ewing to book an appointment in April with the massage therapist who had previously notified Brunson that she would no longer provide him with massages. Brunson pleaded not guilty to all charges. He later testified that the incident that led to the charges was a consensual act as part of an ongoing extramarital relationship. He was eventually acquitted. -via Wikipedia

He used Pat's name :noway: :noway:

Jesus....no way they can hire him; found this too

Read on Twitter

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/08/timberwolves-rick-brunson-resignation-improper-interaction-allegations

Yeah, Brunson’s radioactive from a hiring perspective. I can’t imagine the Knicks hiring someone that brings back memories of the days of Isaiah Thomas and Anucha Browne.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#1569 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
knickabocker88 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

So Elfrid Payton?

Think hes talkin Knox

I never considered Knox! He should be in the mix as well:

Then again, Perry was somehow involved in drafting RJ (kind of a no brainer) and Mitch (definitely not a no brainer at the time)

I was just kidding about Perry loving his own personal 2nd contract retreads. It's not a bad idea in concept, just that the Knicks have kind of sucked in pro player scouting.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#1570 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am

Clyde_Style wrote:I want to know how many sour candies Perry consumes per day

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,575

Post#1571 » by El Poochio » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:I want to know how many sour candies Perry consumes per day

They are the best

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1572 » by Triple C » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1573 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:34 pm

https://twitter.com/LarryGreer4/likes

liking every Thibs related post on Twitter, previous Thibs staff member, and has been rumored to be on the staff (by Berman), so I assume this means he's on board
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Re: Woj: Knicks Hire Thibs - Official PG 64 

Post#1574 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:47 pm

F N 11 wrote:Free agents that match what we are looking for imo

Jerami Grant
FVV
AD
Ibaka
Gallinari
Dragic
Olynyk
Harkless
Dellavedova
Joe harris
Dj Augustin
Davis Bertans
Jae Crowder
Belinelli
JaMychal Green
Mcgee
Noel
Wood

Feel free to add or chit on my list

it'd be awesome to sign gallinari but i think at this point in his career, this is his last "big contract" and i'm sure contending teams will want his service.

what a career he's carved into, imagine what it'd be if 30 year old robert taylor didn't play in the summer league?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,382

Post#1575 » by JXL » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1576 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
i don't think it's slander to point out a single concern over one of your fundamental building blocks. i'm chock full of faith in this working out

re: Knox, yeah, if we keep him i do think a bigmouthed coach like Thibs will be better for him than a coach like Fiz, who i presume was keeping his criticisms limited, being a nice guy in person, and leaving Knox to wonder why he isn't playing instead of openly working on his weaknesses and setting a clear standard for who gets minutes and why

mitch is a gym rat who also plays with the most effort on the team. him being "goofy" off the court is irrelevant. he's a hard worker and stays locked in during the games. his biggest problem has been that he's too regressive trying to block everything. thibs aint gonna care about his personality when he's not playing.

plus this whole "he's gonna break guys" thing is old news. he doesn't even do that anymore. they said it minny he had around the same regular amount of practice minutes that every team does. he never got towns & wiggins to play defense. he's a good coach, i always like him. i wanted him here when they got phil. he's not gonna work miracles. he can just enhance what's already there. some things are out of his control.

Yea, people are talking about Mitch like he's Dwight Howard mentally.

Mitch is goofy, but he is serious.

idk even think mitch is goofy, he's just a yute in the year 2020.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#1577 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 pm

JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

I absolutely love this.

Keep doing work www/Leon!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1578 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

I absolutely love this.

he's just re-assembling his CHI/MIN staff's + Woodson and/or Miller; this was widely expected
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,217

Post#1579 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

I absolutely love this.

he's just re-assembling his CHI/MIN staff's + Woodson and/or Miller; this was widely expected

Yeah that was a weird reaction to that story.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#1580 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

I absolutely love this.

“Meanwhile, there have been internal talks about Pat Zipfel joining as either an advance scout or bench coach. Zipfel, who worked under Daryl Morey in Houston, is considered one of the NBA’s top advance scouts. Zipfel was Thibodeau’s advance man for part of his Bulls and Minnesota stints. The advance scout is considered part of the coaching staff.

Did not think zipfel would come on board. He is the best of the best in terms of scouting.

Again I absolutely love this.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks