Game 65: Utah Jazz (41-23) vs New Orleans Pelicans (28-36)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: Game 65: Utah Jazz (41-23) vs New Orleans Pelicans (28-36) 

Post#21 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:37 pm

Some random musings from yesterday's game:

--- I loved seeing Gobert get the first points of the NBA reopen and the the last two winning points of the NBA reopen. It helps put behind the overtalked narrative of Gobert as coronavirus patient number one.

--- I loved seeing Mitchell dish the ball to Gobert with 7 seconds left and Gobert going on to sink those winning free throws.

--- Mitchell did a nice job of sharing the ball and assisting. And he was quite good on offense the last five minutes of the game.

--- I liked the way the Jazz kept attacking the paint once they figured out that was working.

--- I would like to see Gobert get more offensive opportunities in clutch time and more shot attempts overall.

--- I was pleasantly surprised to see the Jazz get this win over the Pelicans while competing without Bogey.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#22 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Catchall wrote:Seems like Zion is likely going to play limited minutes. I wonder if we'll get to see Brantley try to stay in front of him.

Nope, just more of Niang, who is useless if he's not hitting a 3. Niang seems like a great teammate/guy, but this team is dying at the "bigs" outside of Gobert. No D, no length, no athleticism. Brantley seems like he could check some of those boxes, but it doesn't appear he'll get that chance this year. Hopefully he has a good offseason (or the Jazz bring in a better option).
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#23 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:37 pm

sipclip wrote:Man this team is so bad defensively. Just pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

Yup. It takes a lot of fun out of watching them, when they play such terrible D and turn the ball over like it's a hot potato.

Return to Utah Jazz