ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #31 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE PICK TWO!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #31 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE PICK TWO!!!

Poll ended at Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Cassius Stanley
23%
Vernon Carey Jr.
17%
Tyler Bey
13%
Daniel Oturu
13%
Jared Butler
17%
Isaiah Stewart
3%
Killian Tillie
10%
Other (Write in comments)
3%

Total votes: 30

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,389

Re: NY Knicks 2020 Draft Big Board #31 Pick - 24 Hours to VOTE PICK TWO!!! 

Post#21 » by robillionaire » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I think the difference between Carey and say Steward is defensive potential. I think Carey will struggle on that end especially in space (poor wingspan as well). Stewart has his concerns in space as well...but Carey carries a little more around the waist if you know what I mean :lol:

carey jr is probably a lottery pick if it was 10 years ago. but if we get him at 27 i'm not complaining. 38 and i'd be ecstatic

interestingly these 3 guys were #3, #6, and #7 on espn's top 100 prospects coming out of HS

here's a stewart-carey stat comparison

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=vernon-carey-jr--isaiah-stewart

I'll just take Xavier Tillman if he sticks in the draft.

True. Also Oturu, Zeke Nnaji, xavier tillman, udoka azubuike, a lot of centers will be falling into this "early 2nd" range
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,562

Post#22 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:06 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
carey jr is probably a lottery pick if it was 10 years ago. but if we get him at 27 i'm not complaining. 38 and i'd be ecstatic

interestingly these 3 guys were #3, #6, and #7 on espn's top 100 prospects coming out of HS

here's a stewart-carey stat comparison

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=vernon-carey-jr--isaiah-stewart

I'll just take Cassius Winston if he sticks in the draft.

I like Cassius Winston; he might be undersized but he can play. kinda reminds me of Kyle Lowry

I meant Xavier Tillman...just had a mind fart lol. I like Winston but Tillman I think might be the best of those early 2nd round big men.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,434

Post#23 » by RHODEY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
fair...stewart is a 5 in the NBA though so I don't think the non jumper will matter. He has a 7'4 wingspan so if you are looking for an energy big that can finish around the basket and protect the paint a bit he will be productive in his minutes I think.

I guess if you saying McDaniels is going to be a shot in the dark high ceiling player I guess I can buy that...but he has major bust potential.

well, you see where carey jr is being slotted and he's a 5 and also young and put up much better stats in the ACC. it's more to do with the fact that "non-shooting traditional big" isn't as valued of a position right now more than it is McDaniels being good

I think the difference between Carey and say Stewart is defensive potential. I think Carey will struggle on that end especially in space (poor wingspan as well). Stewart has his concerns in space as well...but Carey carries a little more around the waist if you know what I mean :lol:

I havent watched Stewart(need to take a look) but Carey is deceptively agile for his size...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:14 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:i went with carey jr and isiah stewart

I do find it interesting the debate between Jaden McDaniels and Isiah Stewart. Clearly Stewart was way more productive, has more of a defined role in the NBA, and younger. They both came in highly recruited to Washington. But some think McDaniels should be picked maybe after far as the high lottery or late teens...when Stewart kind of projects as a late 1st early 2nd round pick by most.

Not saying I lean one way or the other...just find it interesting that they are on the same team too.

Jaden McDaniels and Isiah Stewart are like polar opposites from a maximizing skill set and focus standpoint.

McDaniel's is the guy that has the great upside and is toolsy but really doesn't seem to get anywhere near to maximizing it...and his focus comes and goes in ways that you really have to be concerned about come NBA time (when the going get hard, what is Jaden McDaniels going to do is my biggest question/concern?).

Stewart on the other hand doesn't really have much going in the way of tools and skill and his upside is pretty limited but he goes out and does whatever he can with the physicality he possesses (which is pretty solid, shortish but big wingspan) and grinds. My concern with Stewart is that he puts in a lot of effort to get everything he gets and his game is pretty much only physicality and effort. Don't honestly really see any sort of upside. His physicality isn't going to be as useful in the NBA as I just don't see him as anything more than a maybe backup C. There isn't the NBA upside that a Vernon Carey has.

A team would definitely be more prone to take McDaniels early if they feel that the potential and upside can be met. Stewart? He really has no upside and you take him cause you need a guy that will fight and compete but that may not be able to give you much of anything else. Stewart isn't Montrezl Harrell (who may have a similar profile). Harrell showed the same type of fluidity and agility that Vernon Carey showed and is a lot more explosive than Stewart when he was at Louisville. And Harrell was one of the most intense players in college basketball at the time (Stewart not as much).
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:17 pm

RHODEY wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
well, you see where carey jr is being slotted and he's a 5 and also young and put up much better stats in the ACC. it's more to do with the fact that "non-shooting traditional big" isn't as valued of a position right now more than it is McDaniels being good

I think the difference between Carey and say Stewart is defensive potential. I think Carey will struggle on that end especially in space (poor wingspan as well). Stewart has his concerns in space as well...but Carey carries a little more around the waist if you know what I mean :lol:

I havent watched Stewart(need to take a look) but Carey is deceptively agile for his size...

That is a big thing. Carey is more fluid and agile than Stewart and his overall play shows more skill and upside. Stewart is a bruiser in the truest sense of the word and that won't work as well in the NBA when he can't simply out muscle guys.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,992

Post#26 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:27 pm

Nominate: Jay Scrubb
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#27 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:30 pm

Capn'O wrote:Nominate: Jay Scrubb

because of the name?

ROSTER

Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,992

Post#28 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

because of the name?

He has an inspiring story.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#29 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

because of the name?

He has an inspiring story.

overcoming his name? :lol:

ROSTER