ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks reportedly remain open to trading Julius Randle

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Re: Knicks reportedly remain open to trading Julius Randle 

Post#141 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm

F N 11 wrote:
knickabocker88 wrote:If Randle ever bought into being a role player, 6th man, Anthony Mason type. He'd be an extremely valuable player, one that can give you the odd 30 pt game every 6-7 games, while averaging 15/10.

The problem is in the head

Can’t blame him, we paid him to be the man. He didn’t improve so we look dumb. If he accepts the bench role he’ll be fine I think.

He is a Center who doesn't defend the rim. Also known as a bench player.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#142 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:45 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:I think it is better to keep Randle if we have to give away assets to move him.

I hope we can trade him without given away assets outside Dennis or Knox for:

1) Directly absorbed into Charlotte, Detroit, or Atlanta Cap Space.
2) Dennis Shroeder 15,5M expiring contract
3) Otto Porter 28.5M expiring contract. It could include 7,5M Felicio or Thaddeus 13,5M 2 year contract as well (Bulls love to save money).
4) CP3 2 year contract
5) Rudy Gay 14,5M expiring contract
6) Terry Rozier 18,9M 2 year contract (makes sense but it's not ideal).

Batum + pick #32 for Randle

Saves Char money and gives them some production.

Free's up $4mil next year for us and we add a decent pick.

I don't know if Charlotte want to save money giving away a pick.

They only have a 90M payroll. They dont need to dump salary except if they are willing to sign great deals for FA agents, what I dont believe. Small market tanking teams tend to overpay to grab good players.

And #32 pick + 4M saving in 2021 to get a 27M useless player is too little.

Yea, I dont know if Charl or any team would be interested. But maybe they would be tempted by Randle's stats.

For the Knicks, I would def do it. I dont look at it as $27mil. I look at it as an extra $9mil this year that we would have to spend anyway, to save $4mil next year and get a decent pick.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#143 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:If Randle ever bought into being a role player, 6th man, Anthony Mason type. He'd be an extremely valuable player, one that can give you the odd 30 pt game every 6-7 games, while averaging 15/10.

Randle should have been the 6th man C surrounded by shooters and defenders. He also should have offense created for him (PnR) instead of him going one on one out of the post. I kept saying like Harrell all year.

If we sell low to a team with a good coach, I bet they change the numbers on how his FGA are created.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#144 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:03 pm

You need a stretch big who protect the rim next to Randle. How many of those guys are around?

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#145 » by Dantares » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:09 pm

How much do you think it would cost to bring back Marcus Morris? I just cant see the clippers being able to re-sign him with the cap going down and Harrell being a higher priority for them.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#146 » by knickabocker88 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:11 pm

Dantares wrote:How much do you think it would cost to bring back Marcus Morris? I just cant see the clippers being able to re-sign him with the cap going down and Harrell being a higher priority for them.

NO
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,047

Post#147 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:12 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:
Dantares wrote:How much do you think it would cost to bring back Marcus Morris? I just cant see the clippers being able to re-sign him with the cap going down and Harrell being a higher priority for them.

NO

Morris wouldn't be a bad option to bring back if we can unload Randle
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#148 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:13 pm

1 year, $15mil to play PF then move him at the deadline for a pick again
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#149 » by knickabocker88 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:16 pm

Also, I wouldn't sign anybody long term this offseason. This new CBA is getting torn up. This supermax era is dead.
Dantares
Head Coach

Post#150 » by Dantares » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:16 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dantares wrote:Today Rose and Thibs mention Mitch and RJ as cornerstone pieces yet no mention at all of Randle. Seems like its inevitable that Randle gets moved.

makes you wonder tho why did it take them so long to figure it out? knicks fans were calling all season for Mitch to start with another stretch 4 and for RJ to be surrounded with shooters and players that dont like to dribble the air out of the ball like Payton and randle.

I would be surprised if they trade Randle. What realistic trade is out there where Knicks get anything worthwhile? Probably just better off letting his money come off.

CP3 for Randle as I am sure OKC will want to save money. salary dump is fine too then we can sign a 4 that actually fits this team like marcus Morris, Christian Wood or Gallinari and also sign another PG like Van Fleet. I just want Randle gone so he can stop impeding the development of Mitch and RJ.

I will even settle for Randle to come off the bench, but because of his contract and politics I am afraid thibs will still start him if we dont move him.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Dantares
Head Coach

Post#151 » by Dantares » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:21 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:

NO

what why? He was amazing for us at the 3, just imagine how good he can be if we play him at his correct position 4. Mook brought toughness, leadership, floor spacing, defense and a whole lot more basketball IQ than Randle ever did.

SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#152 » by SmoothLefty21 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:22 pm

We aren't getting anything for this bum. Just ride out next season and decline his option and we'll all forget he was ever a Knick to begin with.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#153 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:27 pm

Dantares wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dantares wrote:Today Rose and Thibs mention Mitch and RJ as cornerstone pieces yet no mention at all of Randle. Seems like its inevitable that Randle gets moved.

makes you wonder tho why did it take them so long to figure it out? knicks fans were calling all season for Mitch to start with another stretch 4 and for RJ to be surrounded with shooters and players that dont like to dribble the air out of the ball like Payton and randle.

I would be surprised if they trade Randle. What realistic trade is out there where Knicks get anything worthwhile? Probably just better off letting his money come off.

CP3 for Randle as I am sure OKC will want to save money. salary dump is fine too then we can sign a 4 that actually fits this team like marcus Morris, Christian Wood or Gallinari and also sign another PG like Van Fleet. I just want Randle gone so he can stop impeding the development of Mitch and RJ.

I will even settle for Randle to come off the bench, but because of his contract and politics I am afraid thibs will still start him if we dont move him.

Does thunder want to get rid of CP3 though? It’s not like they are a free agency destination anyway.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,047

Post#154 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:30 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dantares wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

Does thunder want to get rid of CP3 though? It’s not like they are a free agency destination anyway.

They hate paying the luxury tax though, especially in these Covid times with depressed revenues.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#155 » by god shammgod » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:57 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dantares wrote:

They hate paying the luxury tax though, especially in these Covid times with depressed revenues.

wonder what will happen. i thought all along that next season will be fan-less too and they'll be a big sell off by a lot of teams. there's almost definitely gonna be a lowering of the cap and tax threshold. teams willing to spend now will have an advantage. but dolan makes most of his money now in the live venue business. he might not want to spend now either.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,399

Post#156 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:00 pm

i would continue to keep him around as an solid expiring trade chip for 2021 or 2022 for some team desperate to create some cap space. we don't need to be the one that's making bad trades out of desperation just because you can't stomach watching an expiring player for another year. especially when we are going to be bad anyway and probably need to be tanking again

we still are going to be suffering for another 2 seasons because of the joakim noah blunder that we could have just rode out. meanwhile he's probably going to win a ring on the clippers and we will still be paying because they got impatient
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#157 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Are we giving him the unlimited green light?

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,339

Post#158 » by rajajackal » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:06 pm

F N 11 wrote:

Can’t blame him, we paid him to be the man. He didn’t improve so we look dumb. If he accepts the bench role he’ll be fine I think.

actually don't think we paid him to be the man. i think we paid him to be a Zion filler for RJ, and our then-front office was as dumb as Enes Kanter
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#159 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:15 pm

robillionaire wrote:i would continue to keep him around as an solid expiring trade chip for 2021 or 2022 for some team desperate to create some cap space. we don't need to be the one that's making bad trades out of desperation just because you can't stomach watching an expiring player for another year. especially when we are going to be bad anyway and probably need to be tanking again

we still are going to be suffering for another 2 seasons because of the joakim noah blunder that we could have just rode out. meanwhile he's probably going to win a ring on the clippers and we will still be paying because they got impatient

The only things I’ve seen this board agree on is

1) unrelenting love for Prigs
2) stretching Noah before needing the money would be stupid

viewtopic.php?t=1688198

viewtopic.php?t=1719309

Mills is the gift that keeps on giving

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#160 » by br7knicks » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Rodimus921 wrote:Orlando get

Julius Randle
Dennis Smith Jr

Knicks get

Aaron Gordon
Khem Birch (filler)

Why for Knicks ?

Aaron Gordon is only 24 years old and has improved on his shot this season. They have him as a power forward but I think he would be more effective as a full time small forward. Currently averaging 15 ppg, 9.6 rebs 6.8 assist 1 block 1 steal for the last ten games.

Knicks would have to throw in at least 2 FRPs for Orlando to even consider thinking about pondering the possibility of entertaining that trade
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to New York Knicks