ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DarkXaero
RealGM
Posts: 10,239
And1: 2,872
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#61 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:39 pm

Our defense hasn't been NBA caliber. Absolutely dreadful.
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,754
And1: 11,386
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#62 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 pm

Almost expected that run there with the lack of defense. You can expect the other team's defense to wake up before the Nets in these games.
User avatar
3pt_chucker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,221
And1: 702
Joined: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Practicing my 3's
       

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#63 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 pm

If Chiozza and Temple are gonna play this many mins, they gotta start playing much better on both ends.

0-8 combined
Yearning for more 3's
User avatar
Stone
Starter
Posts: 2,112
And1: 345
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Picking dimes up off the floor
 

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#65 » by Stone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:41 pm

In the last three minutes we’re playing sloppy and they go on a run. Yet Jacque does not call a time out. Kenny used to do the same thing..... smh
DarkXaero
RealGM
Posts: 10,239
And1: 2,872
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#66 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:44 pm

Stone wrote:In the last three minutes we’re playing sloppy and they go on a run. Yet Jacque does not call a time out. Kenny used to do the same thing..... smh
Vaughn did call some early timeouts though. However, I don't know what our gameplan is defensively. Magic are getting whatever look they want (hence ~61% shooting), and they're far from an elite offensive team.
User avatar
3pt_chucker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,221
And1: 702
Joined: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Practicing my 3's
       

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#67 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:49 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Stone wrote:In the last three minutes we’re playing sloppy and they go on a run. Yet Jacque does not call a time out. Kenny used to do the same thing..... smh
Vaughn did call some early timeouts though. However, I don't know what our gameplan is defensively. Magic are getting whatever look they want (hence ~61% shooting), and they're far from an elite offensive team.


The magic were actually the best offense in the league the month before the covid interruption, so they are actually pretty good on offense.

That said, we are offering no resistance on defense. Need to be more physical and be active since we can't match their length.
Yearning for more 3's
DarkXaero
RealGM
Posts: 10,239
And1: 2,872
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#68 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:52 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Stone wrote:In the last three minutes we’re playing sloppy and they go on a run. Yet Jacque does not call a time out. Kenny used to do the same thing..... smh
Vaughn did call some early timeouts though. However, I don't know what our gameplan is defensively. Magic are getting whatever look they want (hence ~61% shooting), and they're far from an elite offensive team.


The magic were actually the best offense in the league the month before the covid interruption, so they are actually pretty good on offense.

That said, we are offering no resistance on defense. Need to be more physical and be active since we can't match their length.
Covid interruption was months ago though. Magic are a team that can definitely go through hot stretches but they aren't an amazing team offensively.
7footMONSTER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 837
And1: 663
Joined: Jul 17, 2019
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#69 » by 7footMONSTER » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Garrett Temple has a team option for $5 million next year. I really don’t think he belongs in the NBA, at least not on a championship caliber roster.

I hope Marks is looking for trades. Maybe Avery Bradley? If we decline the option, we lose him for nothing.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,924
And1: 8,907
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#70 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Our defense hasn't been NBA caliber. Absolutely dreadful.

You can say that again.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,924
And1: 8,907
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#71 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm

We look absolutely unprepared.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,924
And1: 8,907
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#72 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:07 pm

94 points in the 3rd quarter is horrendous. The fact Vaughn looks so calm isn’t helping me.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,924
And1: 8,907
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#73 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:07 pm

Lance Thomas getting more minutes than Rodi is ridiculous.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,172
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:08 pm

If we don't defend there is no way that we can keep it close in any of these games. What a meltdown.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Stone
Starter
Posts: 2,112
And1: 345
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Picking dimes up off the floor
 

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#75 » by Stone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:09 pm

I don’t know why we’re settling for low percentage shots... make the extra pass
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 24,331
And1: 10,396
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#76 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 pm

LOL wow, playoffs are gonna be ugly. We're the 7th seed, they're the 8th seed (for now), and we don't even belong on the same court as them.

Imagine when we play the Bucks.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,172
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#77 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:11 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:Garrett Temple has a team option for $5 million next year. I really don’t think he belongs in the NBA, at least not on a championship caliber roster.

I hope Marks is looking for trades. Maybe Avery Bradley? If we decline the option, we lose him for nothing.


Temple is absolutely an NBA player, he will be fine as a 3 and D wing on next year's roster when we have our full assortment of talent. Same with Prince.

we have been asking guys who are roleplayers to do heavy lifting all year with Kyrie and KD out.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,924
And1: 8,907
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#78 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:19 pm

Vaughn about to be the first coach to be fired in the bubble.

Come on man.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,172
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:20 pm

I don't even think this team can beat the Wizards.

we played 1 and a half quarters today and the rest has been awful. I hope we fall out of the playoffs, this roster is not NBA caliber.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
DarkXaero
RealGM
Posts: 10,239
And1: 2,872
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: GT: Magic (30-35) vs Nets (30-34) - Friday, 07/31/20, 2:30 PM EST | YES 

Post#80 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I don't even think this team can beat the Wizards.

we played 1 and a half quarters today and the rest has been awful. I hope we fall out of the playoffs.
Wish that was an option.

Return to Brooklyn Nets