ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Knicks Hire Thibs - Official PG 64 - Woodson expected to join pg 66

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Re: Woj: Knicks Hire Thibs - Official PG 64 - Woodson expected to join pg 66 

Post#1601 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:21 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

I absolutely love this.

Keep doing work www/Leon!!!!!!

he's just re-assembling his CHI/MIN staff's + Woodson and/or Miller; this was widely expected

The diversity is insane. Some of the best minds in the game have been assembled under our roof. Hearing Rockets top advance scout may be coming. That's 1 from Thunder, Rockets and Utah top teams in the West.

Looking tight.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#1602 » by F N 11 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:28 am

Zenzibar wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
I absolutely love this.

he's just re-assembling his CHI/MIN staff's + Woodson and/or Miller; this was widely expected

The diversity is insane. Some of the best minds in the game have been assembled under our roof. Hearing Rockets top advance scout may be coming. That's 1 from Thunder, Rockets and Utah top teams in the West.

Looking tight.

Defined roles, this team is set up for success.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1603 » by F N 11 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:41 am

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#1604 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:46 am

god shammgod wrote:

Tom Thibodeau: Developing Knicks Youth Is Most Important Thing

New Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau talks about how all his experience has led him to his "dream job," his vision on improving the team and the importance of RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson to the success of the Knicks.

Description is a little misleading as it gives the impression that Thibs singled out Mitch and RJ, when in reality the interviewer is the one who did and Thibs just gave a very broad answer about player development (unless there’s something I missed).
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,133

Post#1605 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:53 am

Zenzibar wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
I absolutely love this.

Looking tight.

I want the Knicks to assemble as much coaching talent as possible.

Also, I know Thibs is a good coach by himself, but lots of coaches seem to have a guy integral to their success. I mean, Hornacek was supposed to be ok, as long as you got his good defensive assistant. Kenny is good, but better with Fleming, and so on.

As long as the Knicks did their homework and Thibs is able to bring the 2,3,4 guys that actually make a difference, like this Houston advance scout, I'll be good. Knicks have always f*cked this up in the past.

THEN bring in additional development guys as well.
And analytics guys.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#1606 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:54 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Tom Thibodeau: Developing Knicks Youth Is Most Important Thing

New Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau talks about how all his experience has led him to his "dream job," his vision on improving the team and the importance of RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson to the success of the Knicks.

Description is a little misleading as it gives the impression that Thibs singled out Mitch and RJ, when in reality the interviewer is the one who did and Thibs just gave a very broad answer about player development (unless there’s something I missed).

he did single them out yesterday during the press conference
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#1607 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:57 am

god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

he did single them out yesterday during the press conference

Thanks, I didn’t watch the whole thing so I missed this bit.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1608 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:06 am

F N 11 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Looking tight.

Defined roles, this team is set up for success.

Rose has a great grasp of corporate structuring but moreso has not played with department heads. No nepotism, no Dolan fan boys or previous regimes.

He's restructured things with his relationships. The man is CRAZY connected! Perrin was what, like 15 years in Utah?

Yo these big cats are leaving their teams for Rose and WWW.
Like this. :lol:

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Post#1609 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:11 am

So good you had to hump the thread twice?
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1610 » by Zenzibar » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:16 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Looking tight.

Also, I know Thibs is a good coach by himself, but lots of coaches seem to have a guy integral to their success. I mean, Hornacek was supposed to be ok, as long as you got his good defensive assistant. Kenny is good, but better with Fleming, and so on.

As long as the Knicks did their homework and Thibs is able to bring the 2,3,4 guys that actually make a difference, like this Houston advance scout, I'll be good. Knicks have always f*cked this up in the past.

And analytics guys.

Thibs won't be burdened with recruiting, he's only giving his feelings and thoughts, Rose and team are picking the candidates.
For example:

New Knicks Scout Alex Kline, 26, Brings Relationships With, And Intel On, NBA And College Players

Adam Zagoria
Adam ZagoriaContributor
SportsMoney

New Knicks scout Alex Kline brings a wealth of relationships with NBA players.
Alex Kline ALEX KLINE
Rob Kennedy is a lifelong Knicks fan.

In recent years, he’s been a frustrated Knicks fan. Like so many others.

The Knicks, after all, haven’t made the playoffs in seven years — and missed them again this year.

But Kennedy, the longtime President of the New Jersey-based Hoop Group, thinks the move the Knicks made in hiring Alex Kline, 26, as a scout will pay dividends down the line.

“Here’s what I think he does for the Knicks: Alex has really good relationships with a lot of people and he’s very well-liked but he’s got some real deep relationships with people — with certain players but also with AAU coaches, college coaches, so Alex is a relationship-builder,” Kennedy said Friday by phone.

“And in any business, and especially in the NBA and in free agency, his ability to tap into those relationships that are deep, I think gives them an opportunity hopefully to have a leg up on some people.”

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1611 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:28 am

Rose appears to be the opposite of Phil Jackson who smugly assumed his aura would attract talent and that relationships around the league didn't matter.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1612 » by F N 11 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:33 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Rose appears to be the opposite of Phil Jackson who smugly assumed his aura would attract talent and that relationships around the league didn't matter.

Did he even hire anybody?
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1613 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:38 am

F N 11 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Rose appears to be the opposite of Phil Jackson who smugly assumed his aura would attract talent and that relationships around the league didn't matter.

Clarence Gaines
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1614 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:38 am

F N 11 wrote:

Rambis, Gaines lol.
#MKGA
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1615 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:56 am

F N 11 wrote:

A shoeshine guy IIRC
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,133

Post#1616 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:59 am

Zenzibar wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

Looking tight.

And analytics guys.

Thibs won't be burdened with recruiting, he's only giving his feelings and thoughts, Rose and team are picking the candidates.
For example:

New Knicks Scout Alex Kline, 26, Brings Relationships With, And Intel On, NBA And College Players

Adam Zagoria
Adam ZagoriaContributor
SportsMoney

New Knicks scout Alex Kline brings a wealth of relationships with NBA players.
Alex Kline ALEX KLINE
Rob Kennedy is a lifelong Knicks fan.

In recent years, he’s been a frustrated Knicks fan. Like so many others.

The Knicks, after all, haven’t made the playoffs in seven years — and missed them again this year.

But Kennedy, the longtime President of the New Jersey-based Hoop Group, thinks the move the Knicks made in hiring Alex Kline, 26, as a scout will pay dividends down the line.

“Here’s what I think he does for the Knicks: Alex has really good relationships with a lot of people and he’s very well-liked but he’s got some real deep relationships with people — with certain players but also with AAU coaches, college coaches, so Alex is a relationship-builder,” Kennedy said Friday by phone.

“And in any business, and especially in the NBA and in free agency, his ability to tap into those relationships that are deep, I think gives them an opportunity hopefully to have a leg up on some people.”

I like the FO hires. I was referring the coaching staff ones.

The Knicks under Rose may see the Developmental Coaches as more an arm of the FO than the head coach, or like a bridge between them. And therefore the part of the staff (outside Woodson/Miller) where they really want their way, or to get to pick 2/3 of the hires.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#1617 » by NewYorkPride85 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:09 am

That would be amazing if it were true. I can see how having the developmental staff as part of the front office as a way to actually start incorporating analytics into the development aspect of player. Especially with the hire of the Analytics guy that ran a sports analytics company for 4 years.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1618 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:35 am

aggo wrote:never forget

i have no idea what i'm looking at
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Post#1619 » by moocow007 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:38 am

Like I said, give the freaking guy (Leon Rose) a chance. So far he's put together one heck of an experienced team around him from top organizations and took his time to find a coach that if nothing else should be able to instill in the Knicks young players the need to go all out all the time, compete, fight and scrap for wins. If you want to rebuild that's what you need.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,195

Post#1620 » by mpharris36 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:44 pm

So an article just came out that Scott Perry was the main driving force in the Knicks not using the g-league when other members of the organization thought it was important to get playing time to develop. Perry thought staying on the big club was sufficient and that it would be too much negative attention and seem like a demotion.

So to sum up because it made him look bad for drafting Knox he refused to send players to the g-league

Get this clown out of here
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks