ImageImage

PG: Rusty Bucks Hold off Celtics

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: PG: Rusty Bucks Hold off Celtics 

Post#81 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:21 am

In other news, Brown has been so damn disappointing this year. He showed some flashes at the end of last year and looked prime to take over for Pat, because to be frank, Pat isn't good. Brown has been atrocious all year. Today he was a dumpsterfire.
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#82 » by Big Dog Yank » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:28 am

Ill-yasova wrote:I hate Smart as an opponent but he would be tied as my second favorite player if he was on the Bucks.

No way. He's a bitch, plain and simple. I don't want to cheer for anyone like that, no matter how effective.

Anyone who has ever played ball, whether it was high school/college or just on the playground, has played with guys like him and hated them. There's a big difference between getting by on hustle, grit and guile and just being a bitch. While both ways can be successful, only the former is respectable.
"Ready to Die"
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#83 » by Brewhoopfan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:32 am

Just feeling really fortunate to continue watching the best Bucks team of my lifetime. Every game is a gift.

Obviously some rust, but great to see confident playmaking at the end.

Lots of wide open looks missed. Look out I when those start dropping.

Sterling just cant get out of his own way. Always trying to be a player he's not.

Giannis is good.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#84 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:34 am

After the game a lot of Bucks were talking to Smart and the announcers assumed it was respect but I think they were telling him he was playing dirty and there will be consequences next time. Hill in particular was incredibly frustrated with the refs in the last few minutes, but I didn't see what it was about because it was apparently away from the action. He was talking to Smart for a while at the end and it looked respectful in a superficial way but I think he was telling him off without making it obvious.

Let Sterling knock him the eff out to earn his salary if they meet again.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,295

Post#85 » by fan230 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:40 am

I thought that Sterling was ok on defense. His ball handing was not good.

Midds shots did not fall but will. Hit the clutch shot which almost assured us the victory.

Ersan has slowed down but he played well today given his phase of life.

Hill was just ok, not real good.

Wes defended masterfully.

Donte and Brook were v good.

Giannis was great.

I am always afraid that Smart will injure Giannis.

I still think one more consistent good shooter will make this team elite. Had hoped Mirotic could be the one but that was not to be.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#86 » by buckboy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:47 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:After the game a lot of Bucks were talking to Smart and the announcers assumed it was respect but I think they were telling him he was playing dirty and there will be consequences next time. Hill in particular was incredibly frustrated with the refs in the last few minutes, but I didn't see what it was about because it was apparently away from the action. He was talking to Smart for a while at the end and it looked respectful in a superficial way but I think he was telling him off without making it obvious.

George Hill especially.

Edit: I don't read well when drunk.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
skones
RealGM

Post#87 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:49 am

Celtics fans are whining about Giannis getting away with a clear goaltend and I have no clue what the hell they're talking about.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#88 » by RiotPunch » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:51 am

skones wrote:Celtics fans are whining about Giannis getting away with a clear goaltend and I have no clue what the hell they're talking about.

There was one that they never looked at. I think it was a Hayward attempt, ball was still dancing on the rim when GIannis secured it. Definitely looked questionable live.

But still, Saltics gonna be salty. Smart was a **** wizard the entire game, got away with murder because he has the refs fooled.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#89 » by buckboy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:51 am

skones wrote:Celtics fans are whining about Giannis getting away with a clear goaltend and I have no clue what the hell they're talking about.

They're right. He took a defensive rebound out of the cylinder.

Edit: covered above.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
skones
RealGM

Post#90 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:53 am

RiotPunch wrote:

There was one that they never looked at. I think it was a Hayward attempt, ball was still dancing on the rim when GIannis secured it. Definitely looked questionable live.

But still, Saltics gonna be salty. Smart was a **** wizard the entire game, got away with murder because he has the refs fooled.

You have a rough timestamp on this? Literally no recollection of it. May have been peeing.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,228

Post#91 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:54 am

The Bucks have a fairly large base of haters out there now. I love it
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#92 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:56 am

Fans of every team complain about the refs but we should acknowledge that Giannis gets a ton of superstar calls. Today was no different. There was the clear goaltend and there was what should've been his 6th foul on Thies.
Read on Twitter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#93 » by RiotPunch » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:01 am

skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

You have a rough timestamp on this? Literally no recollection of it. May have been peeing.

I'd have to go back and look, wanna say maybe mid 4th? We definitely scored on the next possession and then Giannis had a sick block the possession after that. I'm a few claws deep watching Rockets/Mavs currently, then I'll try to find it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

PG: Rusty Bucks Hold off Celtics 

Post#94 » by machu46 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:04 am

skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

I don’t have a time stamp but it was shortly before the Theis play and immediately led to a Niddleton 3 if i remember right. He didn’t actually grab the rebound but he swatted it as it was coming off the rim like you’d see Tyson Chandler do a lot in his prime. They eventually showed a replay and it was a blatant goaltend. The Theis play itself was questionable IMO. I think refs would generally let it go if not for Theis’ reaction but I don’t blame Celtics fans and Giannis haters for being mad about that one. The block on Smart was obviously a block on Smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#95 » by engelmartin » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:20 am

Big Dog Yank wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:I hate Smart as an opponent but he would be tied as my second favorite player if he was on the Bucks.

No way. He's a bitch, plain and simple. I don't want to cheer for anyone like that, no matter how effective.

Anyone who has ever played ball, whether it was high school/college or just on the playground, has played with guys like him and hated them. There's a big difference between getting by on hustle, grit and guile and just being a bitch. While both ways can be successful, only the former is respectable.

You couldn't be more correct. He's Javier Baez, not Fernando Vina.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#96 » by bango_the_buck » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:38 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:After the game a lot of Bucks were talking to Smart and the announcers assumed it was respect but I think they were telling him he was playing dirty and there will be consequences next time. Hill in particular was incredibly frustrated with the refs in the last few minutes, but I didn't see what it was about because it was apparently away from the action. He was talking to Smart for a while at the end and it looked respectful in a superficial way but I think he was telling him off without making it obvious.

Pretty sure it was the elbow to Donte’s face (shown in the video Twirl posted on page 3). Think I read Hill’s lips telling the ref that wasn’t a basketball play.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
mistabeez
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#97 » by mistabeez » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:51 am

This game shows how deep the Bucks are; they should've won this by a lot more WITHOUT Bledsoe and Connaughton; is it just me or Giannis had a quiet 36 points (especially off ONE three pointer); and 7-12 FT is not bad; they did look rusty at times and still won which is a scary thought...just my thoughts!
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#98 » by DanoMac » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:53 am

God it feels amazing to be reading a postgame thread.

**** Marcus Smart.

Love you all
skones
RealGM

Post#99 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:06 am

mistabeez wrote:This game shows how deep the Bucks are; they should've won this by a lot more WITHOUT Bledsoe and Connaughton; is it just me or Giannis had a quiet 36 points (especially off ONE three pointer); and 7-12 FT is not bad; they did look rusty at times and still won which is a scary thought...just my thoughts!

It's 58%. Yes it's bad.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#100 » by tedbrogen » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:12 am

JayMKE wrote:Tatum never really shows up against the Bucks so I have to assume they're a tough match up for him, usually it's Brown or Smart or Horford in years past that would do the most damage.

The two reasons I was down on Tatum when he was coming out of college was shot selection (he loved long twos over threes and also drove into walls rather than kicking to wide open teammates) and it seemed when stuff started to get bad he would spiral negative. He's exceedingly better than I thought he would be but those flaws still show up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks