84 combined free throw in the game between Memphis and Portland

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Re: 84 combined free throw in the game between Memphis and Portland 

Post#21 » by Jables » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:06 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:The irony’s that the officiating tightened up under David Stern and then Adam Silver because the league wanted to prevent another Malice at the Palace.

And now it’s gotten worse in games with NO crowd.

Adam Silver has completely dropped the ball with the insanity of the technical fouls, and watching guys get techs left and right is ruining the games. This is a political decision from the top down.

Stop the madness now and let the players have fun and play with emotion. It’s so weak on Silver’s behalf.

Genuinely curious what penalty the players would get for fighting the virtual fans.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#22 » by drosereturn » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:12 am

I dont like free throws at all. Revert the league back to 90s allow fist fighting, handchecking. Its better than disrupting the flow of the game and gets rid of soft players.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#23 » by Myth » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:43 am

deadfeather wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Myth wrote:The techs were especially embarrassing, and because of the precedent set earlier, they felt they had to call a T with 18 seconds left in a close game for yelling after a clutch block. Ref can't chance overturning a game because of **** like that.

Also, it is just silly to say Nurk is in a bad situation in Portland, yet a more stacked team like Boston would allow Nurkic to thrive much more. But based on some past posts I've seen (either really bad takes or trolling, not sure which), I know not to take that poster seriously.

The next good take that guy has will be his first

I perfectly predicted the exact outcomes of 3 of their past 5 playoff appearances and predicted they wouldnt be in the playoffs this year.

3 out of 5 doesn't sound that impressive depending on how specific you got. But that doesn't change how terrible your takes have been that I have seen in recent weeks.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#24 » by Goldbum » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:48 am

I actually really like the 1 free throw idea. Make or miss all or nothing. Keep the game moving.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,526

Post#25 » by zzaj » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:01 am

Jables wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The irony’s that the officiating tightened up under David Stern and then Adam Silver because the league wanted to prevent another Malice at the Palace.

And now it’s gotten worse in games with NO crowd.

Adam Silver has completely dropped the ball with the insanity of the technical fouls, and watching guys get techs left and right is ruining the games. This is a political decision from the top down.

Stop the madness now and let the players have fun and play with emotion. It’s so weak on Silver’s behalf.

Genuinely curious what penalty the players would get for fighting the virtual fans.

I could totally see Pat Beverly going nuts and throwing haymakers at a virtual fan...actually I take it back, I WANT to see that.

Return to The General Board