ImageImage

PG: Rusty Bucks Hold off Celtics

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: PG: Rusty Bucks Hold off Celtics 

Post#101 » by DrWood » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:20 am

ElPeregrino wrote:Fans of every team complain about the refs but we should acknowledge that Giannis gets a ton of superstar calls. Today was no different. There was the clear goaltend and there was what should've been his 6th foul on Thies.

He, like LeBron, also get the **** beat out of them because the refs don't want them to shoot 25 FTs every game.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#102 » by DrWood » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:21 am

skones wrote:
mistabeez wrote:This game shows how deep the Bucks are; they should've won this by a lot more WITHOUT Bledsoe and Connaughton; is it just me or Giannis had a quiet 36 points (especially off ONE three pointer); and 7-12 FT is not bad; they did look rusty at times and still won which is a scary thought...just my thoughts!

It's 58%. Yes it's bad.

I think he meant that he wasn't getting a ton of points off FTs.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,825

Post#103 » by tedbrogen » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:27 am

Bled was definitely missed. Really hurt the bench as DDV had to try and do his Bled impersonation. He's not quite there yet as the top defender at the point of attack and it takes away his ability to create chaos offball and bring energy off the bench.

Marvin was missed for those lineups when the Celtics went small and the Bucks matched. Need Marvin for the 4 there. Otherwise, they lack rim protection since Bud's D is based on multiple times protectors.

Pat was missed because he is better than Sterling. (Remember what he did against the Celtics last postseason)

Giannis didn't even seem to have near his best and put up those stats. If you don't have true rim protectors, Giannis is going to destroy your interior.

Stevens didn't use the 'screen and fullback blocking roll' play more than a couple times. I think he is trying to save it until the playoffs to avoid the refs getting too much footage on it.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#104 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:45 am

Nowak008 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
That's a good comparison for sure. We win by 25 tonight if he is replaced by Zach Lavine.

Is this a shot at me? This feels like a shot at me. :x

:angel:

It was for sure a shot at you haha

You know the Knicks covet Lavine. A fine organization like that doesn't just go after scrubs.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#105 » by RiotPunch » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:48 am

skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
skones wrote:Celtics fans are whining about Giannis getting away with a clear goaltend and I have no clue what the hell they're talking about.

There was one that they never looked at. I think it was a Hayward attempt, ball was still dancing on the rim when GIannis secured it. Definitely looked questionable live.

But still, Saltics gonna be salty. Smart was a **** wizard the entire game, got away with murder because he has the refs fooled.

You have a rough timestamp on this? Literally no recollection of it. May have been peeing.

Made this for your viewing pleasure.

Definitely do not think it was a goaltend after looking at it, Massholes will be Massholes. YZo, Tatum went 1-18 so they would roast us in a series, I heard.

Enhanced
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,417

Post#106 » by th87 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:53 am

Jez2983 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
That's a good comparison for sure. We win by 25 tonight if he is replaced by Zach Lavine.

Lol Smart is trash.

In the modern NBA he can defend multiple positions, is good on the perimetre and hits 3s. I don't like the dude but he'd be perfect next to Giannis.

Missed these absurd spellings. :wink:
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,475

Post#107 » by neiLz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:53 am

DrWood wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Fans of every team complain about the refs but we should acknowledge that Giannis gets a ton of superstar calls. Today was no different. There was the clear goaltend and there was what should've been his 6th foul on Thies.

He, like LeBron, also get the **** beat out of them because the refs don't want them to shoot 25 FTs every game.

True af. Shaq was the first player I ever saw get hacked every play. LeBron got hacked so much he became a flipper. Giannis is still young but he rarely gets the calls.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#108 » by TroyD92 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:27 am

Feel bad for Sterling. I dont know what happened from the end of last year until now, but he looks like hes getting worse game by game. Hopefully we get a talented young player to replace him next year.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#109 » by RiotPunch » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:34 am

TroyD92 wrote:Feel bad for Sterling. I dont know what happened from the end of last year until now, but he looks like hes getting worse game by game. Hopefully we get a talented young player to replace him next year.

He's just better in a reduced role, specifically not as a handler unless driving an open lane to the basket.

Agreed though, would be nice to find a young guy with more skills and a brain to replace his minutes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#110 » by ZeppelinPage » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:06 am

Sterling looked very good defensively but pretty awful on offense, sad to say. I had high hopes.
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#111 » by galena » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:09 am

Lol PP
"I guess..."
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#112 » by galena » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:10 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Image

Good to have Bucks basketball back

Perfect
"I guess..."
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#113 » by Jez2983 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:17 am

th87 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Lol Smart is trash.

In the modern NBA he can defend multiple positions, is good on the perimetre and hits 3s. I don't like the dude but he'd be perfect next to Giannis.

Missed these absurd spellings. :wink:

Do you know what, it's not spelt like that at all, I just do it to be a stirrer :lol:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#114 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:12 am

Was going to completely lose my **** if Smart got away with the ole Shane Battier charge.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#115 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:55 am

Why no Marvin? Injury? Holding off on the small ball against a likely playoff opponent?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Post#116 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:41 am

AussieBuck wrote:Why no Marvin? Injury? Holding off on the small ball against a likely playoff opponent?

Groin strain.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#117 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:54 am

Sterling looked like he shouldnt be on an NBA roster next year.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#118 » by TroyD92 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:03 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Feel bad for Sterling. I dont know what happened from the end of last year until now, but he looks like hes getting worse game by game. Hopefully we get a talented young player to replace him next year.

He's just better in a reduced role, specifically not as a handler unless driving an open lane to the basket.

Agreed though, would be nice to find a young guy with more skills and a brain to replace his minutes.

For sure agree with that. Wonder if it's partly on Bud for putting him in lineups hes forced to create.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#119 » by Badgerlander » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:12 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Why no Marvin? Injury? Holding off on the small ball against a likely playoff opponent?

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#120 » by KidA24 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:18 pm

Big Dog Yank wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:I hate Smart as an opponent but he would be tied as my second favorite player if he was on the Bucks.

No way. He's a bitch, plain and simple. I don't want to cheer for anyone like that, no matter how effective.

Anyone who has ever played ball, whether it was high school/college or just on the playground, has played with guys like him and hated them. There's a big difference between getting by on hustle, grit and guile and just being a bitch. While both ways can be successful, only the former is respectable.

Big difference between a try hard (GP3, Sterling) and a cheap shot (Smart, Delly).

I hate the latter.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks