ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Bucks vs Celtics July 31 6:30PM

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Re: GT: Bucks vs Celtics July 31 6:30PM 

Post#41 » by Jcity08 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:36 am

The blocking call was the right call, Smart didnt beat Giannis to the spot when the legal contact was made, Giannis was already off the ground and well into his shot attempt.

I dont know how that's even arguable.

The Theis contact should have been a personal foul. That's when Giannis should have been fouled out.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,813

Post#42 » by junot111 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:36 am

SFour wrote:
junot111 wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:I still can’t believe there’s people out there that actually thinks Norm Powell is better than Middleton.

Raptors fans were delusional before winning a championship, the title didn't really help things

like I said in the other thread, Giannis is the MVP this year and is playing like he hasn't lost a single step since the season ended. think the Finals is the Bucks to lose this year

Do you know why the Bucks lost against the Raptors in the ECF? It wasn't because of Giannis...it was because Middleton and especially Bledsoe played like scrubs. Giannis could play like an MVP but if Middleton and Bledsoe choke again they aren't going to the finals.

For the Bucks to make it to the finals Middleton has to play like an allstar, and Bledsoe has to not choke like he always does when the pressure is on.

So one bad series means we can rule him out from ever contributing in the playoffs again? This would be like the critics saying the Raptors wouldn't go anywhere last postseason despite having Kawhi, because Lowry played poorly in some playoff series in the past. The fact that Giannis wasn't the reason why they lost is the exact reason why I'm not worried about them. Their best player can be relied upon to not choke under pressure.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#43 » by LJKO » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:46 am

SFour wrote:
junot111 wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:I still can’t believe there’s people out there that actually thinks Norm Powell is better than Middleton.

Raptors fans were delusional before winning a championship, the title didn't really help things

like I said in the other thread, Giannis is the MVP this year and is playing like he hasn't lost a single step since the season ended. think the Finals is the Bucks to lose this year

Do you know why the Bucks lost against the Raptors in the ECF? It wasn't because of Giannis...it was because Middleton and especially Bledsoe played like scrubs. Giannis could play like an MVP but if Middleton and Bledsoe choke again they aren't going to the finals.

For the Bucks to make it to the finals Middleton has to play like an allstar, and Bledsoe has to not choke like he always does when the pressure is on.

Let me add that Bucks will regret letting Brogdon go over Middleton :nod:

And Bledsoe contract :lol:
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,071

Post#44 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:50 am

Jcity08 wrote:The blocking call was the right call, Smart didnt beat Giannis to the spot when the legal contact was made, Giannis was already off the ground and well into his shot attempt.

The Theis contact should have been a personal foul. That's when Giannis should have been fouled out.

Theis blatantly tried to sell that mild contact to get Giannis his 6th. I’m glad they didn’t reward that.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,430

Post#45 » by KrazyP » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:02 am

LJKO wrote:

Middleton chokes in the playoffs and Norm doesn't :roll:

Middleton .574 TS% in the playoffs on 22% usage for 36.9 MPG
Powell for .530 TS% in the playoffs on 19% usage over 15.9 MPG

Middleton has been much more efficient over his career in the playoffs with a much bigger role....he also has the edge defensively. There is no comparison here and I love Norm.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#46 » by bon » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:11 am

SFour wrote:
junot111 wrote:

Giannis was still a big part of their loss.. I was watching his highlights of the ECF and the footage kept stopping in the 3rd quarter. If he played like his regular season self they would have won
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#47 » by SFour » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:19 am

bon wrote:
SFour wrote:
junot111 wrote:Raptors fans were delusional before winning a championship, the title didn't really help things

Giannis was still a big part of their loss.. I was watching his highlights of the ECF and the footage kept stopping in the 3rd quarter. If he played like his regular season self they would have won

of course Giannis was exposed as well....that's why he had nightmares of Gasol and Kawhi double teaming him.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#48 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:19 am

Tatum went off.

All jokes aside, these next 8 games will determine who had a better regular season this year, Siakam or Tatum.
The second round series between the Raptors and Celtics will determine who the better player is.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#49 » by pagal » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:40 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Tatum went off.

All jokes aside, these next 8 games will determine who had a better regular season this year, Siakam or Tatum.
The second round series between the Raptors and Celtics will determine who the better player is.

2-18 from the field for 5 points!!! Bosturds would have you believe he's KD 2.0 but he's not in on Siakam's level and simply overrated.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#50 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:58 am

pagal wrote:

2-18 from the field for 5 points!!! Bosturds would have you believe he's KD 2.0 but he's not in on Siakam's level and simply overrated.

Siakam had a 4/22 game this season against a much worse team. Can't judge a player based on one game. Everyone has real off nights. Ray Allen shot 0/12 after setting the record for most 3-pointers in an NBA finals game in the previous game. Happens to the best of em. Let's see how Tatum and Siakam both perform in the remaining regular season games + playoffs before we make any conclusions. They're still neck and neck IMO. I hope Siakam balls out against the Lakers on national TV tonight and shows the world he's the better player.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#51 » by Kabookalu » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:14 am

The blocking call on Smart was the right one, but that Theis one was weird. They waved it off because it wasn't...malicious?
Read on Twitter
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,391

Post#52 » by And1+2 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:10 pm

Kabookalu wrote:The blocking call on Smart was the right one, but that Theis one was weird. They waved it off because it wasn't...malicious?

Yeah, it was odd. Seemed to me like a classic rule bend to keep Giannis in the game, but that doesn't make sense against the Celtics. That kind of trickery is usually reserved to screw lowly teams like the Raptors.

But hey, at the end of the day I am glad the Bucks won. Lol
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#53 » by Psubs » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:30 pm

pagal wrote:

Mr. I haven't touched a ball for 3 months went 6 for 20. :lol:
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#54 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:50 pm

junot111 wrote:
SFour wrote:
junot111 wrote:Raptors fans were delusional before winning a championship, the title didn't really help things

So one bad series means we can rule him out from ever contributing in the playoffs again? This would be like the critics saying the Raptors wouldn't go anywhere last postseason despite having Kawhi, because Lowry played poorly in some playoff series in the past. The fact that Giannis wasn't the reason why they lost is the exact reason why I'm not worried about them. Their best player can be relied upon to not choke under pressure.

It's not one bad series, middleton played like trash against TOR in 2017 as well. What terrible understanding.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,430

Post#55 » by KrazyP » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:48 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:
junot111 wrote:
SFour wrote:

It's not one bad series, middleton played like trash against TOR in 2017 as well. What terrible understanding.

Lowry has had multiple "trash" series where his scoring completely dissappeared....people also labeled him a playoff choker. People are idiots.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,160

Post#56 » by Tofubeque » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:00 pm

Kabookalu wrote:The blocking call on Smart was the right one, but that Theis one was weird. They waved it off because it wasn't...malicious?

It's because you can trigger a review to see if someone made a malicious act, but you can't use reviews to call personal fouls. Otherwise every time they went to video review, they could find contact that wasn't seen in real time and call fouls after the fact. And you'd probably have even more guys doubling over and reacting to minor contact like Theis did.

I do think there should be wiggle room to uphold the "spirit" of the rules though. Like when an uncalled foul causes the ball to go out off your team.
props Turbozone
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#57 » by rrdjutriurt » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:52 pm

I agree. Marcus was whining after the game about it being another bulls*** call, but even his left foot was still in the restricted area when Giannis had clearly left the ground. You can't move into a guy either when he is in the air though refs often do blow that call into an offensive charge.
Jcity08 wrote:The blocking call was the right call, Smart didnt beat Giannis to the spot when the legal contact was made, Giannis was already off the ground and well into his shot attempt.

NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
Jef
Sixth Man
And1: 3,405

Post#58 » by Jef » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:26 pm

The Giannis non-call on Theis was karma. In the first quarter, on the rebound play where both Giannis and Smart went down, and Smart looked like his was injured for a minute, that was Smart hooking Giannis' arm and bringing him down with him, twisting as he had GA's arm curled, trying to injure him. None of the announcers caught it, but it was clear to me.

Also they gave a foul to GA when he "kicked" Smart, when clearly he didn't. Announcers didn't point that out at all, either. Maybe JVG saw it but he would never point it out because he was clearly rooting for the Celtics. He's so f'ing annoying, JVG.

Smart is dirty, and that non-call was karma.
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#59 » by Psubs » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:47 pm

Jef wrote:The Giannis non-call on Theis was karma. In the first quarter, on the rebound play where both Giannis and Smart went down, and Smart looked like his was injured for a minute, that was Smart hooking Giannis' arm and bringing him down with him, twisting as he had GA's arm curled, trying to injure him. None of the announcers caught it, but it was clear to me.

Also they gave a foul to GA when he "kicked" Smart, when clearly he didn't. Announcers didn't point that out at all, either. Maybe JVG saw it but he would never point it out because he was clearly rooting for the Celtics. He's so f'ing annoying, JVG.

Smart is dirty, and that non-call was karma.

He's worse than Draymond. I'm glad none of our players are flopper. Lowry just takes charges.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Post#60 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:38 pm

Too small a sample to determine anything. They both had great half seasons this year (just different halves). I was down on Tatum after last season/how he started this season, but I he was very impressive in the second half. I think they'll have similar careers in terms of impact.

Return to Toronto Raptors