Anyone else getting really turned off by NBA because of the political stuff they are pushing?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

swaelo
Sophomore
And1: 183

Anyone else getting really turned off by NBA because of the political stuff they are pushing? 

Post#1 » by swaelo » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:13 am

One thing is to put phrases on jerseys (which isn't gonna change anything anyway) but do they really have to play clips of Martin Luther King and players talking about it in every timeout? And the commentators are so annoying always talking about the same thing
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: Anyone else getting really turned off by NBA because of the political stuff they are pushing? 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:21 am

Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Re: Anyone else getting really turned off by NBA because of the political stuff they are pushing? 

Post#3 » by Bankai » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:24 am

It's actually a Social Issue than a Political Issue. I find Politicians always find ways to make anything political when it really isint.
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#4 » by Lawyershawn » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:26 am

Bankai wrote:It's actually a Social Issue than a Political Issue. I find Politcians always find ways to make anything political when it really isint.

This is great. I have never heard it phrased this way, and it is absolutely spot on.

As I see it, and I know people disagree, working to create equality is not "political". Same way saving people from their own stupidity by not wearing masks is also not political, just trying to save lives.
Lower Cases & Capitals
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:26 am

I don't get why people who want players to "shut up and dribble" feel the need to air their grievances on a public forum...seems hypocritical. Just shut up and watch.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,354

Post#7 » by Infinite Llamas » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:28 am

I have no issues at all with it
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#8 » by Lawyershawn » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:31 am

False consciousness is this political strategy: Trying to make issues that are largely irrelevant into a "political issue" (e.g. stories on Fox News about tree huggers or immigrant caravans to come kill you in your sleep) to distract from the real issues that actually harm you (e.g. tax cuts for the rich).

Great video from Vox on false consciousness:
Lower Cases & Capitals
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#9 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:31 am

No because I’m not a piece of ****.

Op trying hard get his burner account banned Today. V obvious
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,404

Post#10 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:33 am

Nope.

Also, equality and freedom is not a matter of politics.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#11 » by Lunartic » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:34 am

Yeah every few plays the commentators make some comments about "justice" and "equality" it's not natural at all. Clearly they have been given a script

Forced stilted "conversations" that will pretty much cease to happen in a few weeks.

Return to The General Board