We ever going to acknowledge Lowry has been a top ten player for almost a decade?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jaybiddyforeal
Rookie
And1: 1,327

We ever going to acknowledge Lowry has been a top ten player for almost a decade? 

Post#1 » by jaybiddyforeal » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:17 am

Every night it’s the same thing. Completely controls the game and makes winning play after winning play. Clutch shot after clutch shot. A literal puppet master who is the best player on the floor 9 out of 10 nights.

He almost outperformed AD and LeBron tonight by himself.

He better make all-nba this year.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,395

Re: We ever going to acknowledge Lowry has been a top ten player for almost a decade? 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:22 am

He’s a top 10 point guard
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Re: We ever going to acknowledge Lowry has been a top ten player for almost a decade? 

Post#3 » by MoMan24 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:22 am

Decade is too long. Top 10 is probably too high. But in the last 5+ years he has been top 5 in leadership, and impact on winning and culture. Best PG in the East. I do not want to hear about players that play one end of the court and have not carried a franchise to relevance.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#4 » by The Flying Gent » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:24 am

Whatever specific rankings or timespan you want to use, Lowry has been criminally underrated for a long time.

Partly because he plays in Canada, but it's due his style too. Often times he's not being flashy while still providing extreme on-court value.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,259

Post#5 » by mademan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:24 am

decade is too long. But ya, he's been a top 10 player since like 2015 for most seasons
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,191

Post#6 » by Kahn_2001 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:27 am

JRoy wrote:He’s a top 10 point guard
Of all time?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
credit: TurboZone
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#7 » by drosereturn » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:29 am

His style sucks which is why he has been underrated. But yeah if you only care abt winning Lowry is the guy to keep.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
jaybiddyforeal
Rookie

Post#8 » by jaybiddyforeal » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:30 am

mademan wrote:decade is too long. But ya, he's been a top 10 player since like 2015 for most seasons

It’s been a seven year run so far. I admittedly thought it was eight when I made the OP but still think that qualifies as almost a decade.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#9 » by Valard » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:32 am

Showtime23 wrote:His style sucks which is why he has been underrated. But yeah if you only care abt winning Lowry is the guy to keep.

Winning is stupid. I much prefer point guards who dribble the piss out of the ball to try and get themselves a highlight on sportscenter, refuse to defend, bitch about their coaches and teammates, and eventually erode locker rooms to the point where fan bases that once rode the guys jock would rather trade him for a bag of rocks.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,038

Post#10 » by ItsDanger » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:33 am

He doesn't get credit because he's not flashy and doesn't put up video game offensive numbers. He's an old school player. "He makes winning plays" best describes him I think.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#11 » by And1+2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:33 am

He has actually been top 5, but way to cater to the clueless masses of the General Board.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#12 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:36 am

6 foot tall Kyle Lowry had 14 rebounds tonight in 35 minutes. 21 foot tall Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard and Javale McGee combined for 15 rebounds in 52 minutes, Nobody is as tough or determined as Kyle Lowry.
jaybiddyforeal
Rookie

Post#13 » by jaybiddyforeal » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:36 am

And1+2 wrote:He has actually been top 5, but way to cater to the clueless masses of the General Board.

I originally put top five but then changed it to ten because the thread would have devolved into people quibbling over the 5th best player as opposed to the 7th which isn’t the point I was trying to get across. Although I do feel there is a strong argument for him to sneak into the 4 or 5 spot behind LeBron/Curry/Kawhi.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#14 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:38 am

No need to acknowledge something that isn’t true
NirvanaFC
Veteran
And1: 2,600

Post#15 » by NirvanaFC » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:39 am

The most underrated superstar
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#16 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:40 am

jaybiddyforeal wrote:
And1+2 wrote:He has actually been top 5, but way to cater to the clueless masses of the General Board.

I originally put top five but then changed it to ten because the thread would have devolved into people quibbling over the 5th best player as opposed to the 7th which isn’t the point I was trying to get across. Although I do feel there is a strong argument for him to sneak into the 4 or 5 spot behind LeBron/Curry/Kawhi.

There’s not. Like not even close.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#17 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:40 am

He's been a league leader in charges taken for a while now, top 10 3-point shooter in the league, one of the best rebounders at the PG position, and the constant pressure he puts on the opposition is great. Lowry is absolutely masterful at taking the right shot at the right time. Extending a neck and neck game from 5 points to 8 can be a back breaker. That's what happened today Vs. LAL. Toronto took the motivation and energy out of them with Lowry's 3 and 3 shot foul.

Lowry has been the Raptors best player since 2015. For a single season I would take him over Westbrook, Paul, Walker, Lillard, Wall, Simmons, Young, and anyone else other than Curry. At 6 feet he impacts the game way more than you would expect.
jaybiddyforeal
Rookie

Post#18 » by jaybiddyforeal » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:42 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:6 foot tall Kyle Lowry had 14 rebounds tonight in 35 minutes. 21 foot tall Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard and Javale McGee combined for 15 rebounds in 52 minutes, Nobody is as tough or determined as Kyle Lowry.

He actually had 15. He grabbed an offensive board while up 15 points with a minute and a half left and got pushed out of bounds with no call. The official scorer credited it as a team rebound for LA.

The game went to commercial break right after that play. Lowry was so mad about the non call he got T’ed up during the break. Arguing a push on an offensive rebound in transition while up 15 with 90 seconds left. I love the guy
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#19 » by Roco14 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:42 am

He's been a top 10-15 player in terms of impact on his team since arriving to Toronto (hence the winning), but not even close if we're rating it by skill/talent.

Raptor fans will always appreciate him, but the average NBA fan who sees a non-flashy game, and who remembers all of the Raptors stinkers, will think this is an outrageous take.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
jaybiddyforeal
Rookie

Post#20 » by jaybiddyforeal » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:43 am

Dupp wrote:
jaybiddyforeal wrote:

There’s not. Like not even close.

If you are considering the only that matters which is doing things to win basketball games then yes, there is...

Return to The General Board