Bol Bol

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#601 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:46 pm

we've already had multiple examples of Bol defending in space in the NBA, albeit 'not real games' but to act like he can't do it on any level is counter reality at this point
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,142

Post#602 » by TB » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 pm

All Bol has to do to defend in space is raise his arms. I think he can handle that.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#603 » by King Ken » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 pm

I believe he has a chance to be an all star one day if he can stay healthy enough. He's just too unique and talented. He's not MPJ, he does a lot more to fill up the stat sheet
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#604 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:11 am

I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#605 » by King Ken » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:07 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.

I am a MPJ fan but he's primarily a scorer/rebounder who doesn't move much off the ball, doesn't have a defensive position, and lacks defensive versatility. He's kinda what we felt Michael Beasley would be.

Bol, on the other hand, can score, he can shoot, he can block shots at an elite level, he can rebound, and can draw fouls. Bol can fill up the stat sheets and he's rare af. His length effects everything like his dad but he's much quicker in getting there. Bol is different. He's special. He just needs to get stronger and stay healthy. MPJ just needs to stay healthy but I don't see this future All-Star like I thought he could be when I saw him in HS.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#606 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:16 pm

lol this is **** insane

Read on Twitter
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#607 » by No-Man » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:40 pm

He also turned Olynyk into an unstoppable force, his perimeter defense is so rough
clyde21
RealGM

Post#608 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:03 pm

why even hate? dude makes an insane half-court bounce pass that only a handful of 7 footers can even do and that's your response?

btw Olynyk was going off before even Bol played. you sure it was Millsap that was a -20 in 28 minutes?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#609 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:04 pm

and I don't know how anyone can look at that clip and see the insane athleticism that it took to make that play at his height

in a redraft this dude ain't dropping out the top5 and u know it
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#610 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:49 pm

He wasn’t even an early second rounder. He went 44th. Someone should have taken the risk before then.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
King Ken
General Manager

Post#611 » by King Ken » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:47 am

clyde21 wrote:and I don't know how anyone can look at that clip and see the insane athleticism that it took to make that play at his height

Not for me, I still got the OG top 3, Cam, and Clarke. Bol clearly would be next for me. After that, White, Hunter, Herro, and Garland in no specific order. I can see Bol at 6th with his health getting clean billed. Hell, I saw it then at that time. If anything changed for me, Hayes got replaced by Herro by I can see Hayes being superior to Herro in two-three years just due to his potential.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#612 » by clyde21 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:00 am

King Ken wrote:
clyde21 wrote:and I don't know how anyone can look at that clip and see the insane athleticism that it took to make that play at his height

Not for me, I still got the OG top 3, Cam, and Clarke. Bol clearly would be next for me. After that, White, Hunter, Herro, and Garland in no specific order. I can see Bol at 6th with his health getting clean billed. Hell, I saw it then at that time. If anything changed for me, Hayes got replaced by Herro by I can see Hayes being superior to Herro in two-three years just due to his potential.

Zion
Ja
Bol
Coby
Herro

would be my top 5 in a redraft right now

other guys u mentioned have a good case too, it's gonna be a solid class
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#613 » by No-Man » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:11 am

I think Bol would be late teens/early 20s for me, same as pre-draft
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#614 » by Richard4444 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:51 pm

Bol Bol has skills and is healthy now. But he hasn't played meaningful minutes in NBA.

He still has a very slender and apparently fragile frame. He might be a perennial injury concern. We don't know anything about his stamina and resilience. Things will become more challenging after opponents begin to plan to disrupt his game. He has yet to prove if he can keep his shotting efficiency and endure bumps and bruises from a more physical game.

Teams still would pick over him: Zion, Ja, RJ, Cam, Clarke, Coby, PJ Washington, Rui, Herro, Terrence Davis, Kevin Porter Jr and Matisse. Almost proven NBA players with great upside.

Bol Bol might be in the same tier of Garland, Culver, Hunter, Paschall, Hayes, Dort and Cameron Johnson. Bol Bol would be a high risk/high reward option.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#615 » by Ayt » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:39 am

King Ken wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.

I am a MPJ fan but he's primarily a scorer/rebounder who doesn't move much off the ball, doesn't have a defensive position, and lacks defensive versatility. He's kinda what we felt Michael Beasley would be.

Bol, on the other hand, can score, he can shoot, he can block shots at an elite level, he can rebound, and can draw fouls. Bol can fill up the stat sheets and he's rare af. His length effects everything like his dad but he's much quicker in getting there. Bol is different. He's special. He just needs to get stronger and stay healthy. MPJ just needs to stay healthy but I don't see this future All-Star like I thought he could be when I saw him in HS.

He moves extremely well off the ball. That is one of the things that has impressed me the most during his NBA career so far.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#616 » by King Ken » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:52 am

Ayt wrote:
King Ken wrote:

He moves extremely well off the ball. That is one of the things that has impressed me the most during his NBA career so far.

He did today. that's for damn sure but before today, I've been watching him for years look completely lost off the ball on offense.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#617 » by King Ken » Wed Aug 5, 2020 11:06 pm

I hope MPJ can keep this up. This is what I expected from him.

Return to NBA Draft