Lou will is a liar

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Re: Lou will is a liar 

Post#81 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:06 pm

I have eight years working in the strip club business so I can provide an inside perspective. Social distancing is only enforced on the floor so in case cops come in to check they can see everything is appropriate and leave. It is absolutely not enforced in lap dance or champagne rooms. All bets are off there and people are grinding and f'ing like usual.

When Miami re-opened in phase 2 (of 3) we were open for two weeks before having to close again due to the ongoing countywide curfew in Miami-Dade. Us and our competitors all re-opened through the kitchen license loophole which allowed us to operate as a restaurant. It's all performative bull****. Nothing got safer. A lot of staff in Tootsie's and my club caught covid-19 and they were all floor staff. At my club nearly all the night shift floor staff caught covid-19. Booby Trap had positive cases too. One of my bartender friends in Tootsie's was on a ventilator two weeks and nearly died. I only worked one shift and it was day shift and the back area cause I was scared of catching it. My fears were not unfounded. Strip clubs should've never been allowed to reopen if safety was an actual concern. They only care about ways to make money by skirting laws. Lou Will is an irresponsible idiot who is putting hundreds of millions of dollars and lives at stake and should not be allowed back in the bubble. He's also a hypocrite talking about not wanting to play cause the NBA would be a distraction to BLM. Well he's a distraction now.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#82 » by GuyverX » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:11 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:Social distancing is only enforced on the floor so in case cops come in to check they can see everything is appropriate and leave. It is absolutely not enforced in lap dance or champagne rooms. All bets are off there and people are grinding and f'ing like usual.

When Miami re-opened in phase 2 (of 3) we were open for two weeks before having to close again due to the ongoing countywide curfew in Miami-Dade. Us and our competitors all re-opened through the kitchen license loophole which allowed us to operate as a restaurant. It's all performative bull****. Nothing got safer. A lot of staff in Tootsie's and my club caught covid-19 and they were all floor staff. One of my bartender friends in Tootsie's was on a ventilator two weeks and nearly died.

Nobody actually reported that Lou Will got a private lap dance though. Except the TC and everybody else who jumped on that bandwagon.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,355

Post#83 » by D.Brasco » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:17 pm

Sorry did people actually non-ironically believe Lou was at a strip club for the food?
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#84 » by homecourtloss » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:17 pm

ImSlower wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:The don’t have Grubhub at the Atl?

Does Grubhub deliver T&A where you’re at?

About a month after the shutdown, I read about some strip club owner in Portland who started a legitimate company called Boober Eats, with his strippers serving as deliverers (and bouncers etc as drivers I guess.) Yep here ya go

This is Godtier entrepreneurial spirit
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#85 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:17 pm

He's walking thru his 10 days right now. Folks are killin him now for missing the Laker game loss. Media and everyone is sayin...if only they had WLou...things woulda been different. He's served his time, he's been thru enough. Let's move on.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#86 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:21 pm

D.Brasco wrote:Sorry did people actually non-ironically believe Lou was at a strip club for the food?

You'd be surprised. There's not a lot of places you can have a nice steak at 3am.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#87 » by Black Mage » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:46 pm

Laker1 wrote:NBA is like a new millennial mom with their misbehaved kid. “You take your food and your chocolate desert to the room upstairs and think about your actions Lou!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be thankful that they are. Imagine what the NBA could have done to the Lakers for all their tampering and dirty deeds seeking PPP loans as a multi-billion dollar valued franchise that could have gotten any bank to issue a similar loan and instead took money intended to help actual small businesses. Heck, whole franchise might have to be suspended.
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#88 » by Los Manos » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:13 pm

What annoyed me most about the reaction from the ESPN talking heads (I'm looking at you TMac in particular) was just to dismiss it as if the outrage was based on morality. It has nothing to do with morality and the suggestion is just absurd. We're in the largest public health crisis we are likely to ever see in our lifetimes and the NBA has frankly invested millions and bent over backwards to ensure the future pay of its players by satisfying their advertising / broadcast requirements while also going above and beyond to provide a safe and comfortable work environment. If I was a fellow player in the bubble I would be furious that a colleague could act so selfishly when the financial futures of every player is at stake.

And then on top of that to lie repeatedly about the timings and intentions of that night (as this article is a surprise to no-one) surely puts the NBA in a position where they need to send a stronger message about how dangerous Lou Will's decision making was to the whole operation.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,440

Post#89 » by ImSlower » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:15 am

homecourtloss wrote:
ImSlower wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
Does Grubhub deliver T&A where you’re at?

About a month after the shutdown, I read about some strip club owner in Portland who started a legitimate company called Boober Eats, with his strippers serving as deliverers (and bouncers etc as drivers I guess.) Yep here ya go

This is Godtier entrepreneurial spirit

Hah! I just asked my brother who lives out there. He said his buddies ordered a huge party-amount worth of wings and said the girls were super laid back (you Portlandians) and hung out on the porch for awhile and said they were getting tanner working that job than the stage.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#90 » by seanbig » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:24 am

If the nba can stock fish in the lake they can stock chicks on a strip
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#91 » by NPZ » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:56 am

bisme37 wrote:This story is funny because it's bringing back memories of all the times I went to strip clubs directly after leaving my grandparents funerals.

What kinda looks are you into re: your strippers? Do you go for big chested blondes or does it not matter to you? They have different looks and personas for the sake of variety.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#92 » by NPZ » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:57 am

You're probably at least 30 if you remember the term, "Who want to sex Mutombo?!" re: strip clubs, btw.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#93 » by skones » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:04 am

GuyverX wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:Social distancing is only enforced on the floor so in case cops come in to check they can see everything is appropriate and leave. It is absolutely not enforced in lap dance or champagne rooms. All bets are off there and people are grinding and f'ing like usual.

When Miami re-opened in phase 2 (of 3) we were open for two weeks before having to close again due to the ongoing countywide curfew in Miami-Dade. Us and our competitors all re-opened through the kitchen license loophole which allowed us to operate as a restaurant. It's all performative bull****. Nothing got safer. A lot of staff in Tootsie's and my club caught covid-19 and they were all floor staff. One of my bartender friends in Tootsie's was on a ventilator two weeks and nearly died.

Nobody actually reported that Lou Will got a private lap dance though. Except the TC and everybody else who jumped on that bandwagon.

Did you read the post? Say he didn't get a lap dance. He's still in a club that is money driven. You think those girls aren't trying to get a little cash? It's a breeding ground during a pandemic and Lou Williams is going and spending time there when he's supposed to be mourning a death. Either way, he's putting himself at risk, his team at risk, and the integrity of guys actually leaving during emergencies at risk.

You're an NBA player in a club you're more than familiar with. Are you honestly going to tell me that those strippers who are coming up to him being like, "Hi Lou, want a dance?" and he's like, "nah, nah, nah, I'm in a strip club, but there's this bubble thing, I'm just sitting here, in the club, looking at tiddies and eating wings." He was so conscious of his social distancing Jack Harlow got up in his grill for a selfie.

Doubtful. You're "guessing he didn't know he was doing anything wrong?" C'mon. Get real. These guys are locked in a **** bubble to finish a season.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#94 » by junot111 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:06 am

Los Manos wrote:What annoyed me most about the reaction from the ESPN talking heads (I'm looking at you TMac in particular) was just to dismiss it as if the outrage was based on morality. It has nothing to do with morality and the suggestion is just absurd. We're in the largest public health crisis we are likely to ever see in our lifetimes and the NBA has frankly invested millions and bent over backwards to ensure the future pay of its players by satisfying their advertising / broadcast requirements while also going above and beyond to provide a safe and comfortable work environment. If I was a fellow player in the bubble I would be furious that a colleague could act so selfishly when the financial futures of every player is at stake.

And then on top of that to lie repeatedly about the timings and intentions of that night (as this article is a surprise to no-one) surely puts the NBA in a position where they need to send a stronger message about how dangerous Lou Will's decision making was to the whole operation.

T-Mac's take on this was so dumb and frustrating to listen to. He kept saying "if this were a normal situation, we wouldn't be talking about it." No **** sherlock, it's not a normal situation, we are in a pandemic, that's why there's a fkn bubble in Orlando and all these rules.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#95 » by GuyverX » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:33 am

skones wrote:
GuyverX wrote:

Did you read the post? Say he didn't get a lap dance. He's still in a club that is money driven. You think those girls aren't trying to get a little cash? It's a breeding ground during a pandemic and Lou Williams is going and spending time there when he's supposed to be mourning a death. Either way, he's putting himself at risk, his team at risk, and the integrity of guys actually leaving during emergencies at risk.

You're an NBA player in a club you're more than familiar with. Are you honestly going to tell me that those strippers who are coming up to him being like, "Hi Lou, want a dance?" and he's like, "nah, nah, nah, I'm in a strip club, but there's this bubble thing, I'm just sitting here, in the club, looking at tiddies and eating wings." He was so conscious of his social distancing Jack Harlow got up in his grill for a selfie.

Doubtful. You're "guessing he didn't know he was doing anything wrong?" C'mon. Get real. These guys are locked in a **** bubble to finish a season.

You can go to a club, sit at the bar or table and not get a private lap dance. He shouldn't have been there at all but let's get the facts straight if you are accusing him of lying. So far he hasn't lied to the NBA about anything as far as we know. The NBA punished him with 6 additional days of quarantine and that's that. He made a mistake, he tests negative and we move on.

The next post is going to accuse him of having sex in there while social distancing.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#96 » by Baski » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:06 am

Well one thing is for certain: Lou Williams is a full of ****, selfish and irresponsible person who did not want to enter the bubble for his own selfish reasons rather than the bull he was saying about Social Justice.
He didn't want the NBA season to distract from BLM but is fine distracting everyone with this risky decision and stupid game of denial he's playing with everyone.
Yeah right Lou, "Chill"

Pathetic
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#97 » by TheWitcher » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:20 am

I hear ya Lakers fans, but he's going to be a big reason why the Clippers not only win their first chip, but prevent y'all from getting one. :lol: ✌️
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,021

Post#98 » by JN61 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:27 am

BodieB wrote:If this didn't take place at a strip club no one would even care. He's doing his 10 and that should be that.

That is the point. If he had actually just visited some takeaway spot with phonecall beforehand, nobody would care as should be. But hanging out in a strip club not caring about restrictions and putting entire program in danger and lying about it is a bad look... How you don't get that is beyond me...
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
CptCanada
Pro Prospect
And1: 911

Post#99 » by CptCanada » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:49 am

j-ragg wrote:
Optms wrote:Seems like a Clippers thing to do. The organization knows nothing about championships and what it takes to win one so no surprise.

If him going to a strip club isn't an indictment of the organization not knowing how to win, I don't know what is!

People are starved for something dramatic to talk about

Something dramatic? Do you realize how many people have died? Do you realize how people sacrifice everyday to contribute to this pandemic ending? I will say this in the most polite way that I possibly can. It makes me sad that people like you exist.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#100 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:50 pm

GuyverX wrote:
You can go to a club, sit at the bar or table and not get a private lap dance. He shouldn't have been there at all but let's get the facts straight if you are accusing him of lying. So far he hasn't lied to the NBA about anything as far as we know. The NBA punished him with 6 additional days of quarantine and that's that. He made a mistake, he tests negative and we move on.

The next post is going to accuse him of having sex in there while social distancing.

To be clear, we don't know exactly what he told the NBA. If he told the NBA what he told the public through social media, he lied to them. I am willing to bet he took it seriously knowing the hammer could come down on him and told the NBA exactly what happened, and that the league didn't want to explicitly say he got dances, too.

Return to The General Board