ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Are Canadian Sports Broadcasters and Media Personalities Predominately White?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Does the Canadian Sports Broadcast / Media have a racism problem?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 148

GQStylin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,631

Re: Why Are Canadian Sports Broadcasters and Media Personalities Predominately White? 

Post#141 » by GQStylin » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:26 am

TheAlchemist wrote:What in the f*** does let "these people roam" mean. Do you read what you even write? Like Holly s***. What statistic prove black people commit the vast majority of crimes in America?

Plenty of data here for you to look through to show how wrong you are.

https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud.gov/explorer/national/united-states/crime

https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud.gov/explorer/national/united-states/shr
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Re: Why Are Canadian Sports Broadcasters and Media Personalities Predominately White? 

Post#142 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:27 am

GQStylin wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:What in the f*** does let "these people roam" mean. Do you read what you even write? Like Holly s***. What statistic prove black people commit the vast majority of crimes in America?

Plenty of data here for you to look through to show how wrong you are.

https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud.gov/explorer/national/united-states/crime

https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud.gov/explorer/national/united-states/shr

Which numbers are you referring to on those pages? Looks like the 2018 numbers for all violent crime broken down by race shows white at 46% and black or African American at 43% in the offender table. I am not sure how that equates to black people committing the vast majority of violent crime.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
GQStylin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,631

Post#143 » by GQStylin » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:59 am

Fairview4Life wrote:Which numbers are you referring to on those pages? Looks like the 2018 numbers for all violent crime broken down by race shows white at 46% and black or African American at 43% in the offender table. I am not sure how that equates to black people committing the vast majority of violent crime.

Ummm did you somehow forget that there's almost 5 TIMES more white people in the US than black people and yet somehow there are a higher number of black people involved in murder both as perpetrators and as victims?

The number of black murder victims per capita - 17 per 100,000
The number of white murder victims per capita - 3 per 100,000

The number of black murder offenders per capita - 15 per 100,000
The number of white murder offenders per capita - 2.60 per 100,000

You can do this for all types of violent crimes and see for yourself what the statistics say. The same can be done for the GTA where I think we all know who's committing the overwhelming majority of Toronto's record breaking 260+ shootings to date and counting. This coming from 2014 when Toronto had 177 shootings FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR.

https://data.torontopolice.on.ca/pages/shootings
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#144 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:27 am

GQStylin wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:Which numbers are you referring to on those pages? Looks like the 2018 numbers for all violent crime broken down by race shows white at 46% and black or African American at 43% in the offender table. I am not sure how that equates to black people committing the vast majority of violent crime.

Ummm did you somehow forget that there's almost 5 TIMES more white people in the US than black people and yet somehow there are a higher number of black people involved in murder both as perpetrators and as victims?

You can do this for all types of violent crimes and see for yourself what the statistics say. The same can be done for the GTA where I think we all know who's committing the overwhelming majority of Toronto's record breaking 260+ shootings to date and counting. This coming from 2014 when Toronto had 177 shootings FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR.

Okay, so why do you think these numbers are what they are?
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#145 » by SpaceCenter » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:16 am

beanbag wrote:
GQStylin wrote:

I am sure I will get in trouble for saying the truth but its because of their culture. If black people really want to succeed they need to take a look in the mirror.

1) 65% of black kids grow up without a dad in the home - Most of the crimes are committed by black males and its because most of them don't have fathers to teach them right from wrong
2) Rap music/movies - promoting violence/abuse/drug dealing/gangs, etc. (broken home and your idols telling you its cool to be in a gang is a bad combo)
3) Stop shooting each other. Black people are far more likely to be murdered by another black person than the police
3) Never ending cycle - once your culture goes down this path its hard to change because kids learn their habits from their parents

The whole BLM movement is just a blame game that ignores the real issue. The government should invest more to help promote education in poor neighborhoods and reinforce the importance of education to black kids but the big issue is black people keeping their families together the government can't do that for them.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#146 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:16 am

beanbag wrote:
GQStylin wrote:

racism, duh. everything is because of racism. actually no, its because of evil white people!
is that the answer you were looking for? did I make the answer simple enough for u to accept?
beanbag
Analyst

Post#147 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:21 am

SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:
GQStylin wrote:

I am sure I will get in trouble for saying the truth but its because of their culture. If black people really want to succeed they need to take a look in the mirror.

1) 65% of black kids grow up without a dad in the home - Most of the crimes are committed by black males and its because most of them don't have fathers to teach them right from wrong
2) Rap music/movies - promoting violence/abuse/drug dealing/gangs, etc. (broken home and your idols telling you its cool to be in a gang is a bad combo)
3) Stop shooting each other. Black people are far more likely to be murdered by another black person than the police
3) Never ending cycle - once your culture goes down this path its hard to change because kids learn their habits from their parents

The whole BLM movement is just a blame game that ignores the real issue. The government should invest more to help promote education in poor neighborhoods and reinforce the importance of education to black kids but the big issue is black people keeping their families together the government can't do that for them.

Cool, this is about exactly what I figured I'd get out of you and I sure as **** have no interest in engaging with you any further. Just wanted to see if you'd go full mask off.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#148 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:22 am

Chandan wrote:
beanbag wrote:
GQStylin wrote:

racism, duh. everything is because of racism. actually no, its because of evil white people!
is that the answer you were looking for? did I make the answer simple enough for u to accept?

I'm actually asking why he thinks it is. I got his answer and it was about as disappointing as I'd expected.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man

Post#149 » by SpaceCenter » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:24 am

beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:

Cool, this is about exactly what I figured I'd get out of you and I sure as **** have no interest in engaging with you any further. Just wanted to see if you'd go full mask off.

Im a different poster than who you were first talking too if you didn't realize. My mask was never on I only speak the truth.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#150 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:29 am

SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:

Im a different poster than who you were first talking too if you didn't realize. My mask was never on I only speak the truth.

I have no doubt it's your truth.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man

Post#151 » by SpaceCenter » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:35 am

beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:

If I didn't have a father growing up I would have got into all sorts of trouble. I really don't know why this is so offensive to you?
beanbag
Analyst

Post#152 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:39 am

SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:

If I didn't have a father growing up I would have got into all sorts of trouble. I really don't know why this is so offensive to you?

I'm good. Believe what you want. Your kind is dying off.
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#153 » by agentzero2010 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:43 am

There have been a few non-white sports Tv personnel in Canada, most recently nabil, cabbie, Adnan virk, and Bomani Jones from years ago. But yes, there is a noticeable lack of representation and there are, they are mostly irrelevant journalists with very little screen time. But I think in general, Canadian tv media has a pretty good representation, tsn and sports net just needs to do better.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man

Post#154 » by SpaceCenter » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:46 am

beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:

1) Im 25 so no
2)Here's your favorite CNN host Don Lemon saying exactly what I said (fast forward to .27 or you have to listen to Tucker Carlson)

beanbag
Analyst

Post#155 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:52 am

SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:

1) Im 25 so no
2)Here's your favorite CNN host Don Lemon saying exactly what I said (fast forward to .27 or you have to listen to Tucker Carlson)

Send that to a centrist. I have no interest in CNN and Don Lemon. What's next, you gonna tell me that Bill Maher and Hillary Clinton suck? Lol.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man

Post#156 » by SpaceCenter » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:12 am

beanbag wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:
beanbag wrote:

1) Im 25 so no

Send that to a centrist. I have no interest in CNN and Don Lemon. What's next, you gonna tell me that Bill Maher and Hillary Clinton suck? Lol.

I know CNN sucks but its from 7 years ago when they still allowed logic somewhat. Im just pointing out that this isn't something i'm making up. This BLM movement is ignoring the actual problems (you can quote me on this in ten years when nothing has changed). The way the political system works now is we keep getting a crazier person every time. So your going to have a bat **** crazy left guy next followed by someone worse than trump and what do you think is going to happen when those far right people remember this movement and they got someone more crazy than trump in charge? civil war we are close to this already). The political centre is the only thing that works and no one likes logic anymore.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#157 » by johanliebert » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:21 am

because canada is predominantly white lol
geminiz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,431

Post#158 » by geminiz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:27 am

Lol some poster. Ask for opinion. People provide theirs with data to support, doesn't align with his/her preconceptions so he/she just shuts off and throws a tantrum. How disappointing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#159 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:03 am

GQStylin wrote:

Cool story, but you said the vast majority of violent crime is committed by black people, then posted stats showing that wasn’t true.

I see that other people have moved on to the old black culture and where are the black fathers myths. Turns out you’re actually very ignorant and should read a book or two. “Black fathers” actually spend as much or more time with their kids than white ones. When you start controlling for variables like income and poverty, ie not just skin colour, the disparity in who is committing crime narrows to almost nothing. There are just a lot more poor black people than poor white people. This has been extensively studied. There is a whole lot more evidence for the lead-crime hypothesis, for example, than some nebulous “black culture makes black peoples do crimes” ignorance. This isn’t controversial or woke sjw political correctness or whatever either. You’ve been sold a bill of goods.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#160 » by yodamaster » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:21 am

imo it might be better idea to advocate for equitable access to sports for kids without barriers due to ethnicity and financial means. . then issues like disparity in representation in sports broadcasting will sort itself out.

Return to Toronto Raptors