ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Additional rule added to page one 

Post#1841 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:57 am

NewEra wrote:
Context wrote:How yall miss TJ WARREN's 53pts? 20-29 shooting--9-12 threes :o

I’m sure those who ran to Slicin’s inbox purposely didn’t announce it

I tried for the better part of the season to try and acquire Warren and gave up lol that contract is way too good

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Post#1842 » by NewEra » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:02 am

Kyle Looowwry!!
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#1843 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:05 am

Lowry killing it...gonna get paid
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#1844 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:07 am

Theres gotta be a bubble bump in the sim...you play good in the bubble you get a 1 to 1.5 star boost
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1845 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:22 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Lowry killing it...gonna get paid

I dont see why not he was rated 3 stars in the SIM I think, could still get an increase

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1846 » by King of Canada » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:55 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:

I dont see why not he was rated 3 stars in the SIM I think, could still get an increase

5yr deal

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1847 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:58 pm

King of Canada wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

5yr deal

Why not he could retire in 2 or 3 years IRL so you could just place him on the exempt list like I have with Gortats contract.. also those that think that limits my free agency 1 years offers it doesnt.. I'm using bogs contract as my gortat replacement player this year

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1848 » by HEZI » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:55 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:I dont see why not he was rated 3 stars in the SIM I think, could still get an increase

5yr deal

Why not he could retire in 2 or 3 years IRL so you could just place him on the exempt list like I have with Gortats contract.. also those that think that limits my free agency 1 years offers it doesnt.. I'm using bogs contract as my gortat replacement player this year

I'm confused, what do you mean?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1849 » by HEZI » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:37 pm

Might need to start preparing for that Naz Reid extension. His numbers in limited minutes are :o

:nod:
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,544

Post#1850 » by Capn'O » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:25 pm

Meyers Leonard:

Stands for the anthem.
Sits for the game.

:-?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#1851 » by Context » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:Meyers Leonard:

Stands for the anthem.
Sits for the game.

:-?

:lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Context
RealGM

Post#1852 » by Context » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:28 pm

Spoiler:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#1853 » by SOUL » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:03 pm

Context
RealGM

Post#1854 » by Context » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:40 pm

SOUL wrote:Image

your boy Issac running the floor :o
Spoiler:
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1855 » by bishnykfan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:52 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately Brazillian Knick is no longer active on the site. He has not been on the forum in a month now and has not responded to numerous attempts to reach him from many BaF participants. I sincerely hope that all is well with him but considering that he has gone MIA now for 30+ days, including the start of our league year, without any notice, we will have to begin the process of replacing him and finding a new GM for the Miami Heat. I regret posting this and have tried putting it off for awhile because up until a month ago, BK was one of our most active GMs. I was definitely hoping that BK would be back.

But considering he isn't and there is no word from him, either on the site or off of it, the process of finding a new GM will begin. We have some time now so we will do this right. First off, nobody that has joined RealGM in the last 30 days will be considered. The new GM will need to have some history of activity on the board, preferably in a past BaT/BaF. There will be an actual vetting process done to ensure that we get the best candidate possible to fill the shoes of BK. Also, if BK does happen to return at any point before an official replacement is announced, then he will retain the duties of running the Heat.

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested, have them PM me. I will take "applications" for the next week or so. Hopefully we can find someone that has a genuine interest in helping to build the league. I understand that not everyone can be as active as some, but moving forward, GM activity levels should rise. At least checking in once a week in season is going to be required unless there is a specific reason, communicated to me, that you would not be able to do so. Active GMs, both in-season and in the discussion thread during the offseason is a must to ensure the league thrives. Obviously, in the offseason, activity levels will not be required to remain as high. But still, GMs should be checking in fairly regularly to respond to PMs and vote on potential rule changes, etc. If that can not be done for whatever reason, communication will be key so people don't risk losing their teams.

Turning now to the last bit of disappointment with this whole process. A number of teams offseason plans were disrupted by BK's sudden disappearance. Three teams have communicated to me that they had deals done with Miami. Generally, no deal would be official unless both teams submitted the paperwork. In this instance though because of the situation, the GMs asked me to put it out to the league for a vote on how to proceed. They have each submitted their case for the moves that were made on their end in good faith. Please take a look at them and vote on how we, as a league, should proceed. As far as I can tell, we can allow all moves that BK approved if provable before he went AWOL, we can not allow any moves that were not officially submitted, or we can wait and allow the new GM to look the moves over and try and explain the situation to them before they officially take control of the team. Any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Their arguments can be found below:

Opening Statement:
Just before the opening of the season, Brazilianknick and I (NewEra) agreed upon a trade. Brazilianknick’s agreement to this trade was quoted and confirmed. (Proof has been submitted to the Commissioner.) I am requesting that our agreement be upheld, and approved. Please take some time to review my official argument. Thank you in advance.

My argument:
Prior to our trade, Brazilianknick requested a smaller contract in place of one that was initially offered to him. I then went out, and traded for a contract of Braz’s liking. This wasn’t easy. It took time and effort, but I got it done. This contract was included in the deal that Braz agreed to. Essentially, he made me trade a player in order to make the deal work, then unfortunately disappeared AFTER confirming the deal. (Proof has been submitted to the Commissioner.)

Brazilianknick’s sudden disappearance was concerning to many of us. As a result, with good intentions and purely out of concern, we made attempts to check on his well-being. Braz was witnessed liking and commenting on social media. Multiple GMs messaged him to check in, but shortly after, Braz chose to switch his account to private. Essentially ignoring us all.

Closing Statement:
This situation is new and unlike any other that has ever taken place. I don’t believe Braz was operating in “bad faith”. Braz never hinted to quitting BAF. Braz never announced that he was quitting. Braz and I have completed deals before. He has a history with me of being a GM of integrity. Prior to July 11th, absolutely nothing about his actions suggested otherwise.

However, because of Braz’s recent actions, my team has been left in a state of limbo. I made moves (at the request of Braz) for this particular deal to happen. I have solid proof of his agreement and confirmation of our trade.

I kindly ask that you all consider my arguments above as if this happened to you, and vote FOR my trade with BrazilianKnick to be approved by Commissioner Bishnykfan.

Thank you for your time.
Respectfully submitted-
Warriors GM,
NewEra

Him disappearing negatively affected my off season as I made a trade with another team in order to complete the deal with Braz. I also had to settle for a worse trade since I decided to move on.

Summary of my offseason:

I had agreed to a trade with Miami that drastically changed the "needs" of my roster which is why I agreed to 2 other trades that went through on the 1st day of the offseason. Trades that I most likely would not have made had I known the original trade was not going to happen. I've also seen opportunities to salvage the situation pass by because we didn't know what was going to happen with Miami. The time to go a different direction with my roster has come and gone because the best time to make these trades was right at the start of the offseason. As rosters have settled in it's going to be much harder to find a trade partner for the player(s) I was going to move to Miami.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93 

Post#1856 » by King of Canada » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:15 am

Isaac back down. Hopefully it’s not a reinjury.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Context
RealGM

Post#1857 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:17 am

bishnykfan wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately Brazillian Knick is no longer active on the site. He has not been on the forum in a month now and has not responded to numerous attempts to reach him from many BaF participants. I sincerely hope that all is well with him but considering that he has gone MIA now for 30+ days, including the start of our league year, without any notice, we will have to begin the process of replacing him and finding a new GM for the Miami Heat. I regret posting this and have tried putting it off for awhile because up until a month ago, BK was one of our most active GMs. I was definitely hoping that BK would be back.

But considering he isn't and there is no word from him, either on the site or off of it, the process of finding a new GM will begin. We have some time now so we will do this right. First off, nobody that has joined RealGM in the last 30 days will be considered. The new GM will need to have some history of activity on the board, preferably in a past BaT/BaF. There will be an actual vetting process done to ensure that we get the best candidate possible to fill the shoes of BK. Also, if BK does happen to return at any point before an official replacement is announced, then he will retain the duties of running the Heat.

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested, have them PM me. I will take "applications" for the next week or so. Hopefully we can find someone that has a genuine interest in helping to build the league. I understand that not everyone can be as active as some, but moving forward, GM activity levels should rise. At least checking in once a week in season is going to be required unless there is a specific reason, communicated to me, that you would not be able to do so. Active GMs, both in-season and in the discussion thread during the offseason is a must to ensure the league thrives. Obviously, in the offseason, activity levels will not be required to remain as high. But still, GMs should be checking in fairly regularly to respond to PMs and vote on potential rule changes, etc. If that can not be done for whatever reason, communication will be key so people don't risk losing their teams.

Turning now to the last bit of disappointment with this whole process. A number of teams offseason plans were disrupted by BK's sudden disappearance. Three teams have communicated to me that they had deals done with Miami. Generally, no deal would be official unless both teams submitted the paperwork. In this instance though because of the situation, the GMs asked me to put it out to the league for a vote on how to proceed. They have each submitted their case for the moves that were made on their end in good faith. Please take a look at them and vote on how we, as a league, should proceed. As far as I can tell, we can allow all moves that BK approved if provable before he went AWOL, we can not allow any moves that were not officially submitted, or we can wait and allow the new GM to look the moves over and try and explain the situation to them before they officially take control of the team. Any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Their arguments can be found below:

Opening Statement:
Just before the opening of the season, Brazilianknick and I (NewEra) agreed upon a trade. Brazilianknick’s agreement to this trade was quoted and confirmed. (Proof has been submitted to the Commissioner.) I am requesting that our agreement be upheld, and approved. Please take some time to review my official argument. Thank you in advance.

My argument:
Prior to our trade, Brazilianknick requested a smaller contract in place of one that was initially offered to him. I then went out, and traded for a contract of Braz’s liking. This wasn’t easy. It took time and effort, but I got it done. This contract was included in the deal that Braz agreed to. Essentially, he made me trade a player in order to make the deal work, then unfortunately disappeared AFTER confirming the deal. (Proof has been submitted to the Commissioner.)

Brazilianknick’s sudden disappearance was concerning to many of us. As a result, with good intentions and purely out of concern, we made attempts to check on his well-being. Braz was witnessed liking and commenting on social media. Multiple GMs messaged him to check in, but shortly after, Braz chose to switch his account to private. Essentially ignoring us all.

Closing Statement:
This situation is new and unlike any other that has ever taken place. I don’t believe Braz was operating in “bad faith”. Braz never hinted to quitting BAF. Braz never announced that he was quitting. Braz and I have completed deals before. He has a history with me of being a GM of integrity. Prior to July 11th, absolutely nothing about his actions suggested otherwise.

However, because of Braz’s recent actions, my team has been left in a state of limbo. I made moves (at the request of Braz) for this particular deal to happen. I have solid proof of his agreement and confirmation of our trade.

I kindly ask that you all consider my arguments above as if this happened to you, and vote FOR my trade with BrazilianKnick to be approved by Commissioner Bishnykfan.

Thank you for your time.
Respectfully submitted-
Warriors GM,
NewEra

Him disappearing negatively affected my off season as I made a trade with another team in order to complete the deal with Braz. I also had to settle for a worse trade since I decided to move on.

Summary of my offseason:

I had agreed to a trade with Miami that drastically changed the "needs" of my roster which is why I agreed to 2 other trades that went through on the 1st day of the offseason. Trades that I most likely would not have made had I known the original trade was not going to happen. I've also seen opportunities to salvage the situation pass by because we didn't know what was going to happen with Miami. The time to go a different direction with my roster has come and gone because the best time to make these trades was right at the start of the offseason. As rosters have settled in it's going to be much harder to find a trade partner for the player(s) I was going to move to Miami.

From my point of view this is a no brainer when all things are considered. We have confirmed that BK is healthy. I know this because I know what he looks like. I had BK's IG account because I helped him with something personal (I'll just leave it at that).
All GM's involved have a perfect record. There are three teams that are affected by this- not one or two...and even though these trades arent technically approved - we expect eachother to honor our confirmations. And why should three franchises suffer
because of BK's lack of thought or compassion for his follow gms...

With that said I vote that all trades be honored!
So YES TO ALL TRADES that BK agreed to...
Spoiler:
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#1858 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:22 am

It is unfortunate but you never make deals prematurely unless you can live with those separate deals in isolation, thats why I never confirm deals beforehand until they all fall in line together cuz I got burned before

Brazz could have changed his mind too, then what would happen?

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Context
RealGM

Post#1859 » by Context » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:23 am

El Poochio wrote:It is unfortunate but you never make deals prematurely unless you can live with those separate deals in isolation, thats why I never confirm deals beforehand until they all fall in line together cuz I got burned before

Brazz could have changed his mind too, then what would happen?

if he changed his mind he should have voiced it and not disappear and then ignore people El Po...terrible how he handled it...
Spoiler:
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4 Offseason- Commish Update pg. 93 

Post#1860 » by El Poochio » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:31 am

I dont want to offend NewEra since he is an awesome person and I love him but kinda naive from such an experienced GM expecting that nothing can go wrong %100

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell

Return to New York Knicks