Image ImageImage Image

If you were AK, who is the first core player you would trade?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Re: If you were AK, who is the first core player you would trade? 

Post#21 » by League Circles » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:04 am

I would think it goes without saying that we should be primarily offering packages to other teams in an attempt to get an actual good player. A package that includes, say, Porter and Lauri and our pick could actually bring back somebody pretty damn good IMO to play with Lavine, Carter and White. Bottom line is, we have to focus on consolidation.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#22 » by League Circles » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:24 am

I think Westbrook or Derozan are sort of the obvious type targets for a package deal. Not saying a desirable deal could necessarily be done but those are the caliber of guys you'd realistically target right now.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#23 » by Leslie Forman » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:25 am

Wait…there's a core?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#24 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:38 am

Leslie Forman wrote:Wait…there's a core?

Well yes, but actually no.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,632

Post#25 » by Dez » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:29 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Dez wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:With Gafford's solid rookie year I won't be shocked if WCJ is on the table to be moved.

I would be given Gafford is just a back-up big, his play was good but in no way did he make WCJ expendable.

Could easily see Gafford being a starter. He plays good defense, finishes well and can rebound. Carter is nothing special.

He can catch lobs.

Disagree on his rebounding, thought it was pretty average for a guy with his athleticism.

There's more to defense than occasionally blocking shots.

Gafford is a handy back-up big, nothing more.
netduri2
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#26 » by netduri2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:28 am

It's easy pick for me. I'd trade Zach Lavine first because

1. He is the most valuable player on the roster

2. He is the best scorer on the roster so trading him makes the Bulls lose more games so that we can be positioned on the bottom to raise lottery probability

3. His contract remains 2 years and if you want to grab him you should give him more money than 20 mil per year

4. He is neither a franchise changer nor is worth max contract
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#27 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:02 am

Lauri mainly because he stinks at conditioning cant seem to stay healthy work ethic is pretty poor and he has a deal upcoming.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#28 » by pipfan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:17 am

I think you could get

-a pick 5-8 in the draft for Lavine
-the #10 pick for Lauri from the Suns
-White and Gafford stay. Hutch has no value, so no reason to lose him
-WCJ is a tough one. I think his value is artificially low, so you keep him
-Porter has neutral value, at best, due to injuries

If we move up to the top 2 and AK likes Edwards, then Lavine goes and we reset. If we stay at 7, take the BPA and see what a new coach can do
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#29 » by Andi Obst » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:29 am

pipfan wrote:I think you could get

-the #10 pick for Lauri from the Suns

I highly doubt it. I would do that in a heartbeat, but I don't think the Suns would be interested.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Dez
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Dez » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:00 am

I'd rather keep Lauri and give him one last shot than take a late lotto pick in a poor draft.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#31 » by Andi Obst » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:21 am

Dez wrote:I'd rather keep Lauri and give him one last shot than take a late lotto pick in a poor draft.

I respect that. I mean, I'm just very low on Lauri's future potential and his contract situation scares me, so I would rather get something back now. But if he stays - and I think he will - I hope he proves me wrong all year next season.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#32 » by TeamMan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:21 pm

2018C3 wrote:If you were AK, who is the first core player you would trade?

If I had the power, I'd dangle out both Lauri, and Wendell, and see what is offered in return, and build from there, I don't see either guy becoming a star, and would take the chance on trading either while the value is still somewhat high.

If you had all the power, which players you dangle out for a trade?

Either of these two players should get a high return.

Gafford needs more PT and losing either won't hurt the Bulls that much because WCJ can be moved to PF,

We need a good 3&D SF out of the draft and a trade-up would be a good possibility.

The same is true if we don't get one in the draft, then just go for a straight trade.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#33 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:10 pm

There is no core. Trade them all. I am not kidding. I dont like single player on this franchise. Lauri is massive dissapointement.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,923

Post#34 » by Wingy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:25 pm

We have a core? :-?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#35 » by ChettheJet » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:44 pm

With new people in charge they're not as strongly committed to the recent draft picks because they didn't draft them. Because both Karnisovas and Eversley were drafting at the same time they could have a high opinion of the guys that the Bulls did draft. They aren't saying and your guess could be as wrong as mine.

The Chicago Bears just traded a TE that they drafted in the 2nd round for a 6th round pick. When it's time to move on, don't wring your hands, just move on.

Having watched the Bulls through all this first in line to trade would be Markkanen. He has shown he could be your 2nd or 3rd option, obviously he can shoot, he can drive tot he basket, he's rebounded at times. He's just so inconsistent, the mystery injuries, the attitude. The question is does he finally put it all together, should the Bulls count on that and is it really that embarrassing if they trade him and he puts it all together at his next stop? The reason I'm ready and fine with trading him is there are stretch 4's to be signed short term, drafted or on the FA market for 2021. We need to fix several things see what he brings.

Is there a way for some bigger young center, Ayton, Bamba, like them to come here, if not then I'm willing to see how Carter can get stronger, shoot longer and better and stay healthy before I think about moving him. Gafford would have to take big steps for a couple of years in several aspects to look like the starter.

I'd trade Hutchison if anybody wanted him for their recent pick that didn't measure up. If somebody asks for Satoransky, he can go. backup guards are not hard to find

Does a S&T for Dunn or Valentine net anything like a gently used ball rack or some shoelaces? They aren't worth keeping around and not part of the future

Unless Coby White flops, or develops a horrible attitude I'm not trading him. That kid can play and the fools that list him in trades on various boards have low BB IQs.

Not trading Lavine unless we shore up the other 4 positions and have that primary scorer emerge.

As bad as everyone thinks GarPax were they didn't saddle themselves and now the new guys with big untradable contracts, no malcontents, nobody that's washed up, they didn't trade draft picks 2,3,4 years out for short term gain so the future is there to be used.

The good news is they aren't forced to trade Porter, Young, Felicio, Kornet or Arcidiacono, they either will go away on their own or don't cost much. But should somebody make an offer for any of them, the Bulls don't have to ask for a huge ransom in return, just something that doesn't tie them up worse than would be by keeping them.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#36 » by khufure » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:55 pm

in general 'selling low' is not something I'm in favor of because you usually get worse return when you force trades. feels like we need a new staff to discover the actual value of our players. OTOH, maybe our new GM is a baller and we can trust them to get net return?

on the plus side.. assuming the season starts.. I'm gonna sign up for youtubetv league pass and get 60fps HD. kind of stoked about that.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#37 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:24 pm

I like both Lauri and Wendell. But the more I watch these modern offenses, the more I'm convinced that we have to trade both of them.
We have a little more time with Carter, but Lauri should be traded this draft. Saw some deals being proposed in the Trades board, and the best trade partner in my opinion is PHX. Something around the 10th pick, maybe Ouber Jr as well, IDK.
I would also ring the Pelicans and see if they have any interest in something involving NAW and/or their pick.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,812

Post#38 » by kulaz3000 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:43 pm

That's the wrong way to approach rebuilding a team.

It shouldn't be a question as to who should be the first to be traded, but how best to rebuild the team via trade with the best return.

The only thing I'd say is as far as the players on the roster goes, everyone should be on the table.
Why so serious?
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#39 » by drosereturn » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:08 am

League Circles wrote:I would think it goes without saying that we should be primarily offering packages to other teams in an attempt to get an actual good player. A package that includes, say, Porter and Lauri and our pick could actually bring back somebody pretty damn good IMO to play with Lavine, Carter and White. Bottom line is, we have to focus on consolidation.

Porter doesnt have any value so hes mostly salary filler for guys like Derozan. That being said, I agree Bulls need to get good veteran players if they want to win anything with Lavine. He will command a max contract soon and doesnt really fit with the rookies thats getting drafted. Spurs will do Lauri +Porter for Derozan +Poeltl if they want to rebuild.
Would also target Gordon with Thad and the pick.

I dont want to build around Lavine but if I am forced to, it would have to be something like FVV/Lavine/Derozan/A Gordon/Poeltl.
Thats a pretty good lineup for 2nd round.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Dez
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Dez » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:53 am

Showtime23 wrote:
League Circles wrote:I would think it goes without saying that we should be primarily offering packages to other teams in an attempt to get an actual good player. A package that includes, say, Porter and Lauri and our pick could actually bring back somebody pretty damn good IMO to play with Lavine, Carter and White. Bottom line is, we have to focus on consolidation.

Porter doesnt have any value so hes mostly salary filler for guys like Derozan. That being said, I agree Bulls need to get good veteran players if they want to win anything with Lavine. He will command a max contract soon and doesnt really fit with the rookies thats getting drafted. Spurs will do Lauri +Porter for Derozan +Poeltl if they want to rebuild.
Would also target Gordon with Thad and the pick.

I dont want to build around Lavine but if I am forced to, it would have to be something like FVV/Lavine/Derozan/A Gordon/Poeltl.
Thats a pretty good lineup for 2nd round.

No, no it isn't.

Return to Chicago Bulls