ImageImage

ATL - Season Resumes page 87

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: ATL - Season Resumes page 87 

Post#1901 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:39 am

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#1902 » by Whiteman » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:52 am

trwi7 wrote:There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Understandable.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#1903 » by vlietinho » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:12 am

Yeah..
Whiteman wrote:
trwi7 wrote:There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Understandable.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,719

Post#1904 » by AussieBuck » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:45 am

Jez2983 wrote:Watching a bit of Philly Indy today and TJ Leaf was horrible.

I've seen him twice and both times he's been the worst player on the court
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#1905 » by Daver » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:08 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Raps are going to need Lowry to be a lot like this to go b2b but man they'll be tough either way.

RIght with Miami in the defense plus shooters pain in the butt to play group.

I know its hard to critisize a team thats on pace to win 69 games but when you see teams like miami who leads all basketball in 3 pt shooting and toronto who also is top 5 i think i wonder if horst biggest regret wasnt bringing in a better 3 pt shooting SG or anyone other than korver who can shoot 40% or better like a duncan robinson type of player.
Both Miami n toronto biggest O advantage is the 1 thing the bucks suck in and thats defending 3 pt shooting.
Unless coach bud can readjust his D you leave the heat n raptors players wide open 3s it will be a long series.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1906 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:11 pm

I was wondering if Miami could catch Boston since they play each other and Miami is only 1.5 back. Holy crap does the Celtics have an easy schedule: Wizards, Magic, Nets. Seeding is pretty much locked for them. Would've been great scenario of Celtics/pacers at 4/5
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,719

Post#1907 » by AussieBuck » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:26 pm

Daver wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Raps are going to need Lowry to be a lot like this to go b2b but man they'll be tough either way.

RIght with Miami in the defense plus shooters pain in the butt to play group.

I know its hard to critisize a team thats on pace to win 69 games but when you see teams like miami who leads all basketball in 3 pt shooting and toronto who also is top 5 i think i wonder if horst biggest regret wasnt bringing in a better 3 pt shooting SG or anyone other than korver who can shoot 40% or better like a duncan robinson type of player.
Both Miami n toronto biggest O advantage is the 1 thing the bucks suck in and thats defending 3 pt shooting.
Unless coach bud can readjust his D you leave the heat n raptors players wide open 3s it will be a long series.

This is why Marvin is so important. At some point we're going to need to go to a mobile, switch everything defense with Lopez sitting and Giannis at C to stop teams bombing threes on us
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1908 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:38 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Yeah, I'm already getting PTSD just thinking about another series with them, Kawhi or not. They are so mentally tough.

I felt the opposite during/after that game. The Lakers seemed disinterested and couldnt shoot for **** yet hung around into the 4th despite the Raps' starters shooting >50% from 3. Good win, but I dont feel any less confident the Bucks would beat them in a series.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1909 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:49 pm

I would like to point out that 'Duncan Robinson types' don't grow on trees. He's 2nd in 3FGM, 6th in 3FG%, and 3rd in TS%. He has been an absolute find.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1910 » by Daver » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:23 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I would like to point out that 'Duncan Robinson types' don't grow on trees. He's 2nd in 3FGM, 6th in 3FG%, and 3rd in TS%. He has been an absolute find.

Yes he has and i agree he doesnt grow on trees wish he did though.Im just saying that the way miami Boston and toronto can pretty consistently shoot the 3(more miami than other 2) bucks i hope fix their 3 pt D cause if not n they play miami with the way they shoot 3s that could absolutely bite the bucks bad.
I only wish the hucks had a robinson type 3 ot shooter that teams actually have to guard bucks i feel are sorely lacking that
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1911 » by Daver » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:28 pm

Out of the 12 loses the bucks have how many were to teams teams that abused them from the 3 pt line SA Dallas miami(2xs)phoenix denver(2xs) to name a few that has been the bucks bugaboo for 2 years now FVV games 3-6 last year.
Bud hasnt changed his D to slow down a hot shooting 3 pt team
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#1912 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:40 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Daver wrote:

This is why Marvin is so important. At some point we're going to need to go to a mobile, switch everything defense with Lopez sitting and Giannis at C to stop teams bombing threes on us

Yeah, that is a clear Achilles heel. People talk a lot about what Lopez's defense is doing for the team d, but we also need to talk about what the system has done for his individual defense. They can't switch with him out there and the 3-point defensive issues are a direct consequence of having to play to his strengths.

That said, the Bucks have more advantages over the Heat or Raptors this year than they had over the Raptors last year. Toronto might not have had a great regular season last year, but they had more of a "wait for the playoffs" vibe. Having the same regular season success this year does not mean they're just as good. And Miami isn't as good as them, let alone as good as the Kawhi Raptors. And the Bucks are better than they were last year.

I could see 6 or 7 games against the Raptors, but I think it would be one of those series where you can tell the Bucks are going to win even though it's competitive. I don't think Miami has enough talent to challenge the Bucks though. Khris no longer looks like the guy who routinely got eaten alive by great 2-way wings like Butler in the past and the Bucks have too many good players for them at other positions. As long as Giannis doesn't stubbornly force things against Adebayo all day, they'll be fine.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#1913 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:10 pm

Found this quote on Youtube highlights from a Pacers fan after beating 6ers: "This was a good game to show the league that we’re a legit team and a legit contender" lol
Better quote: "Embiid was in his feelings this game"
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1914 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:59 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Yeah, I'm already getting PTSD just thinking about another series with them, Kawhi or not. They are so mentally tough.

I felt the opposite during/after that game. The Lakers seemed disinterested and couldnt shoot for **** yet hung around into the 4th despite the Raps' starters shooting >50% from 3. Good win, but I dont feel any less confident the Bucks would beat them in a series.

It was a strange game and I looked at the box score and the thing that stuck out to me was that the Raptors bench was terrible and that was what allowed the Lakers to stick around as long as they did, the Lakers bench outscored them 49-15.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1915 » by tedbrogen » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:16 pm

I think people don't fully understand all aspects of Bud's D. Yes, a Lopez is going to always drop to the paint, but they are also going to have him guarding Bam against the Heat. It's not like Bud is going to have Lopez guarding Duncan Robinson and then allow as many open pick and pop threes to Robinson as the Heat want. Duncan Robinson will not be treated the way they treat Theiss, Horford, Embiid, Simmons, Rondo, and so forth. If Bam screens for Robinson, Lopez might not show, but whoever is guarding Robinson will fight through the screen and challenge the shot. (It's also way easier to fight through a screen when the screener's man drops because it takes one body out of the equation which allows for space to get around the screener quickly)

Bud's D does allow tons of threes but they attempt to steer them to shooters who are low volume and league average or below percentage-wise. Hence why on Friday night they basically would let Theiss have an open three at the top of the key any time he wanted. If Theiss is willing to take ten threes and actually hits five of them, well you tip your cap because you can't cover everything, but chances are he will not even take them. They still try to get out and cover on high volume, above average three point shooters.

They can still mostly do this with a Lopez in the lane because the rest of the team is pretty fantastic at fighting over screens (Bled, DDV, Pat, Hill, Wes) or very long and can cover a lot of ground to challenge shooters (Bled, Hill, Midds, Giannis, Marvin).

And this is just their standard defense, they do have the option if the other team is going off from deep to go with Giannis at center and go full switch on everything.

Would it have been nice if Horst found Duncan Robinson for the Bucks? Sure. But people are underestimated how versatile a team the Bucks have constructed. They can crush you inside with Giannis, Bledsoe, and Hill driving to the rack. The can post up either Lopez. They can surround Giannis with shooters. They can let Midds go to work in the mid-range. They can run Korver around screens. They can unleash that Midds/Giannis PnR. Defensively, they can absolutely shutdown the paint at historically great levels or they could roll out a lineup to switch everything. They have at least one defender capable of guarding any type of player in the league.

The Raptors beat them by six points over six games last year not because of one guy going off. It took two guys shooting at unreal percentages from three for four straight games, interior D that matched the Bucks interior D, and nobody for the Bucks besides Hill being ready for the moment. If they face off again, the Raptors won't have Kawhi and the Bucks will have added DDV, Korver, and Marvin.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1916 » by Daver » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:28 pm

Its not just robinson the geat have though they are not leading the NBA in 3 pt shooting only because of robinson they have dunn herro and that kelly (sp) his last name who hit 5 straight yesterday they have 4 guys close to 40% 1 guy at 45% cant just cover robinson n let herro n dunn shoot open 3s either
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#1917 » by TroyD92 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:31 pm

Philly has such an unlikeable team. Imagine having to root for Embiid and Simmons. Shake should have slapped Embiid
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1918 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:54 pm

Currently an article on NBA.com worthy of the Onion, where Bogdan Bogdanovic explains that there is no ethnic inequality in Serbia.

This is ironic, because within our lifetimes they slaughtered all non ethnic Serbs. Also in my travels there Ive seen roma people thrown out of shops and chased out of parks.

The NBA is missing a huge opportunity IMO to address important human rights atrocities around the world, for the sake of looking like worldwide leaders nationally. And if their decision is to use their platform to focus on domestic inequality, I get that and I support that. But using Serbs to scold Americans or Draymond Green telling an African born GM that he couldnt understand the issues because he lived in Canada brings this all to dangerous levels of ignorance.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#1919 » by skones » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:42 pm

Could be massive for the 3/4 situation if Portland is able to eek out a win vs. Boston today. I want Miami in that 3 slot.

Ideally:

3. Miami
4. Boston
5. Indiana
6. Philly
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1920 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:00 pm

These two dimensional randomly moving crowds make me feel like Im back playing NBA2K04

Return to Milwaukee Bucks