Post#781 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#782 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm

trwi7 wrote:The Pretzel looks delicious.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#783 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#784 » by KidA24 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:10 am

Finished week 1 (of 4) working remotely and hiking near Silverthorne, CO.

The wildflowers are incredible

Hiked 13.5 miles today, up and over a pass (took a bus then walked back to my car).

Sometimes I wonder if I even want to go back to Milwaukee.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#785 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:12 pm

Any of you subscribers to The NY Times? I’ve been paying them $15 every four weeks for over a year. I called to cancel this morning, and they gave me a discounted rate of $4/month for the next year. So if you are a digital subscriber, call and get your new rate.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#786 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Any of you subscribers to The NY Times? I’ve been paying them $15 every four weeks for over a year. I called to cancel this morning, and they gave me a discounted rate of $4/month for the next year. So if you are a digital subscriber, call and get your new rate.

I cancelled after they published a certain Senator's Op-Ed.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#787 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:47 pm

trwi7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Any of you subscribers to The NY Times? I’ve been paying them $15 every four weeks for over a year. I called to cancel this morning, and they gave me a discounted rate of $4/month for the next year. So if you are a digital subscriber, call and get your new rate.

I cancelled after they published a certain Senator's Op-Ed.

The first time I cancelled was after a dogsh*t op-ed. Their opinion page is still incredibly terrible but I still read the Post and the Times enough to keep giving them money.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#788 » by jschligs » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:13 pm

I ordered my ****ing Eden pillow on 7/23 with 5-7 day shipping and it's been stuck in IL for 4 days without moving.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#789 » by Mags FTW » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:38 pm

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#790 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:48 pm

jschligs wrote:I ordered my ****ing Eden pillow on 7/23 with 5-7 day shipping and it's been stuck in IL for 4 days without moving.

Mine still smells so I haven't really been able to test it out. I keep it outside all day and have done the dryer/dryer sheet thing. It's getting close to being usable. Maybe the smell bothers most people less.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#791 » by Beorn » Wed Aug 5, 2020 7:25 am

Mags FTW wrote:Videos of the Beirut explosion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/i3ldqj/comment/g0cbzr8

Spoke with a friend in Cyprus, it was felt even there, 300k away. Saw some pics of the port after the explosions, it 's mostly flattened and destroyed buildings ,we are talking about hundreds of people dead, at least.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#792 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
jschligs wrote:I ordered my ****ing Eden pillow on 7/23 with 5-7 day shipping and it's been stuck in IL for 4 days without moving.

Mine still smells so I haven't really been able to test it out. I keep it outside all day and have done the dryer/dryer sheet thing. It's getting close to being usable. Maybe the smell bothers most people less.

Damn, that stinks (pun...ok, pun intended). I was using mine a couple days later, but you're right, probably bothers some more than others.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#793 » by Siefer » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:41 pm

Beorn wrote:

Spoke with a friend in Cyprus, it was felt even there, 300k away. Saw some pics of the port after the explosions, it 's mostly flattened and destroyed buildings ,we are talking about hundreds of people dead, at least.

Some early numbers to help understand the scale of this disaster.

2750 metric tons (~3000 American tons) of ammonium nitrate is about 1500 x what was used in the OKC bombing in 1995.
The estimated yield of the explosion was 1.1kt. Hiroshima was ~15kt. This thing looked like a baby nuke, because it kinda was.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#794 » by jute2003 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:42 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Damn, that stinks (pun...ok, pun intended). I was using mine a couple days later, but you're right, probably bothers some more than others.
We got a nectar mattress a while back. It came with two of the memory foam strip pillows.. It was definitely stinky for about a week. The pillow cases and sheet help but you just gotta wait it out. After the first day or two it subsided enough that it was usable. Obviously, sniffer sensitivity differs.
only a fan, only an opinion
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#795 » by jute2003 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:47 pm

Siefer wrote:
Beorn wrote:

2750 metric tons (~3000 American tons) of ammonium nitrate is about 1500 x what was used in the OKC bombing in 1995.
The estimated yield of the explosion was 1.1kt. Hiroshima was ~15kt. This thing looked like a baby nuke, because it kinda was.
I'm shocked that someone in a position to make the decision would be ok with storing unused Amonium Nitrate in a warehouse on a main port like that. Is it not common knowledge that that stuff goes boom?

Most ag retailers don't even mess with it.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#796 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:14 pm

Read on Twitter
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#797 » by buckboy » Wed Aug 5, 2020 3:26 pm

jute2003 wrote:
Siefer wrote:
Beorn wrote:

I'm shocked that someone in a position to make the decision would be ok with storing unused Amonium Nitrate in a warehouse on a main port like that. Is it not common knowledge that that stuff goes boom?

Most ag retailers don't even mess with it.

Edit: NSFW (naughty words)

Also ammonium nitrate:

This expolosion was "only" 800 tons, so yesterday's explosion was 3 1/2 times worse. Which is almost unthinkable.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#798 » by dbrodz7 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 5:09 am

Some of you probably remember that my dog was attacked by a German Shepherd a couple years ago, with no injuries luckily, and I ended up getting subpoenaed by the city. Tonight I was helping my elderly aunt adjusting some outdoor lighting on the tenant's side of her side-by-side ranch. As I was coming back I turned the corner and the tenant's garage door was going up their dog came out (I believe a Rhodesian Ridgeback) charged me and bit my leg. We filed a police report to protect myself in case I have future medical bills if it gets infected. It could've been a lot worse I think, but it still hurts four hours later and hurts a bit when I walk. He nailed me on the outside of my right leg above my knee. Fingers crossed I don't have any infection issues.
Misery loves company
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#799 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 8, 2020 8:50 am

dbrodz7 wrote:Some of you probably remember that my dog was attacked by a German Shepherd a couple years ago, with no injuries luckily, and I ended up getting subpoenaed by the city. Tonight I was helping my elderly aunt adjusting some outdoor lighting on the tenant's side of her side-by-side ranch. As I was coming back I turned the corner and the tenant's garage door was going up their dog came out (I believe a Rhodesian Ridgeback) charged me and bit my leg. We filed a police report to protect myself in case I have future medical bills if it gets infected. It could've been a lot worse I think, but it still hurts four hours later and hurts a bit when I walk. He nailed me on the outside of my right leg above my knee. Fingers crossed I don't have any infection issues.

Dude stop wearing that pork chop around your leg (kidding man, I'm sorry, that sounds terrible).
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#800 » by jschligs » Sat Aug 8, 2020 1:20 pm

How does SportsCenter still exist. They covered 3 NBA games in 2 minutes and showed 5 total plays...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks