Let's start the rebuild!

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Let's start the rebuild! 

Post#281 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:47 am

chrbal wrote:
BJK1 wrote:How bad is Gordon’s deal? The Pistons have the cap space to take on a “bad” contract or two, but it all depends on the duration of those contracts and what assets they get with them.

Expires in 23/24. High teens low 20s per year

I really wouldn't touch that contract. Not for whatever low asset they try to use to dump it anyways.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,521

Post#282 » by snowman » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:15 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
vege wrote:
Too many wasted roster spots for bad players and a bad pick. I would rather let Rose expire to be honest.
The roster spots are only wasted if our organization doesn't believe these guys are worth having, in which case we'd waive them anyway.

Personally I think we can get more for Rose than a bunch of question marks and the 26th pick.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

I was a Romeo Langford fan last draft so I'll take him and late pick. Honestly I'd probably take either one just cause Rose is a waste of time here and can create too much of his own offense when we really need to lose our asses off again for that 21 draft.

That defeats Boston purpose of the trade. If I were Boston I would even add in the 30th pick to the 26th to get the deal done. That's just me though.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#283 » by chrbal » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:08 am

I could see that. I only see them hanging on to their 1st first rounder. 26 and 30 are trade bait I’m thinking
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#284 » by rmfc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:44 pm

Pistons Hire Harold Ellis, Ryan West As Scouts.

Any thoughts on these hires or has the topic already been discussed?
chrbal
RealGM

Post#285 » by chrbal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 pm

Ellis was an assistant here in 08/09, thank you Wikipedia. I remember him as a player. Ryan west is Jerry’s kid. Also Wikipedia. Hopefully this helps and gets Jerry west to come over as an advisor.

But honestly I know nothing about them
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#286 » by The_Irony » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:32 pm

If pistons really want to rebuild they should look at trading luke for one of bostons 3 first rders.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#287 » by Canadafan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Really cant believe we drafted Luke over Mitchelllllll fml
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#288 » by Crymson » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Canadafan wrote:Really cant believe we drafted Luke over Mitchelllllll fml

Well, he-who-shall-not-be-named legitimately believed that Andre Drummond was a categorical superstar. And so, believing that he had the foundation already, he went with the safe pick. "We needed a shooter, so I drafted a shooter," he said, leaving aside the fact that he had no real plans of even giving Kennard significant minutes in the short term. He then signed Langston Galloway to a three-year deal nine days later, and shortly thereafter offered $80 million to KCP.

There was no logic to the decision, and the man was frightfully bad at both of his jobs.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#289 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Crymson wrote:

Well, he-who-shall-not-be-named legitimately believed that Andre Drummond was a categorical superstar. And so, believing that he had the foundation already, he went with the safe pick. "We needed a shooter, so I drafted a shooter," he said, leaving aside the fact that he had no real plans of even giving Kennard significant minutes in the short term. He then signed Langston Galloway to a three-year deal nine days later, and shortly thereafter offered $80 million to KCP.

There was no logic to the decision, and the man was frightfully bad at both of his jobs.
If memory serves:

We drafted Stanley Johnson because we wanted a mini Ron Artest - defensive SF that couldn't shoot.

Was it the very next year we drafted Luke? A poor defensive fit that could shoot!

IF we had of got Booker or Mitchell things would have been different. Kinda sad considering SVG was in Miami when Wade made his debut - how he didn't see Mitchell being a mini Wade is beyond me.

rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#290 » by rmfc » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:11 pm

This, really, was the worst Pistons blunder of the recent times. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

just wow
TurboTitan
Starter
And1: 1,936

Post#291 » by TurboTitan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:30 pm

The D Book one doesnt hurt as much, but we ALL knew D Mitch was the obvious choice, I'd like to see the draft thread from that year again...
“We don't see ourselves as All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.” ~SHEED
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#292 » by Manocad » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:27 pm

TurboTitan wrote:The D Book one doesnt hurt as much, but we ALL knew D Mitch was the obvious choice, I'd like to see the draft thread from that year again...

I suggested previously that a lot of people on this board wanted Booker which was debated vs Winslow, but I’ll take another shot in saying that I think nearly this whole board wanted Donovan Mitchell. I didn’t even know who Kennard was.

Plus Donovan has an awesome last name. So there’s that too. 8-)
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#293 » by Pharaoh » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:36 am

Manocad wrote:
TurboTitan wrote:The D Book one doesnt hurt as much, but we ALL knew D Mitch was the obvious choice, I'd like to see the draft thread from that year again...

I suggested previously that a lot of people on this board wanted Booker which was debated vs Winslow, but I’ll take another shot in saying that I think nearly this whole board wanted Donovan Mitchell. I didn’t even know who Kennard was.

Plus Donovan has an awesome last name. So there’s that too. 8-)
Lol agreed.

Thinking back to that Draft I don't remember anyone wanting Luke over Mitchell. Kid looked like a star!

SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#294 » by SamFlow » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Crymson wrote:

If memory serves:

We drafted Stanley Johnson because we wanted a mini Ron Artest - defensive SF that couldn't shoot.

Was it the very next year we drafted Luke? A poor defensive fit that could shoot!

IF we had of got Booker or Mitchell things would have been different. Kinda sad considering SVG was in Miami when Wade made his debut - how he didn't see Mitchell being a mini Wade is beyond me.

I'm calling it now. We can get booker this year. THIS YEAR. His name is Devin Vassell 6-7 can shoot the lights out, defensive minded. 6-7, so he could play the sf, but would crush at sg.

BPA. Devin Vassell.

If we win the draft, trade down and get Vassell. Trake Kennard, too injured to pay, to soft on D.

There. I called it. Use that sharpie. Etch it in stone. and I'm only always right... It's not my fault god made me this way. And god don't make no mistakes. But if I ever do, well, god gave me the beauty not the brains, don't expect that much from me. But even when I'm wrong I could have been right. Devin Vassell. Still would need a pg but Devin will be the pick.

I wouldn't be upset at adding Lonzo Ball for the right price. Kennard for Ball. Something like that. Ball and Vassell in the backcourt.

Ball
Vassell
Brown
Sekou
Woods
BigDaddyJungle
rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#295 » by rmfc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Agreed. Everyone was on the Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow hype train (I was on the Winslow one with SJ being the 2nd choice) while Booker was the 3rd option. I think the SFs were priority at that point in time for the team because KCP was still on the team and was considered an integral part of the team.

Still really hurts that we missed out on Booker. :cry: He was one of the guys I had watched closely in a few college games.

That miss on Mitchell, though...... :x :x :x
rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#296 » by rmfc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:02 pm

SamFlow wrote:
I'm calling it now. We can get booker this year. THIS YEAR. His name is Devin Vassell 6-7 can shoot the lights out, defensive minded. 6-7, so he could play the sf, but would crush at sg.

BPA. Devin Vassell.

If we win the draft, trade down and get Vassell. Trake Kennard, too injured to pay, to soft on D.

There. I called it. Use that sharpie. Etch it in stone. and I'm only always right... It's not my fault god made me this way. And god don't make no mistakes. But if I ever do, well, god gave me the beauty not the brains, don't expect that much from me. But even when I'm wrong I could have been right. Devin Vassell. Still would need a pg but Devin will be the pick.

I wouldn't be upset at adding Lonzo Ball for the right price. Kennard for Ball. Something like that. Ball and Vassell in the backcourt.

Ball
Vassell
Brown
Sekou
Woods

Would love to draft Vassell somehow but I am not sure our FO is that dynamic... especially during draft. They love wasting time with useless, old players with long contracts.
pistons4ever
Junior
And1: 108

Post#297 » by pistons4ever » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm

If there is a booker in this draft its Aaron Nesmith
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#298 » by Pharaoh » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:08 pm

SamFlow wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Crymson wrote:

If memory serves:

BPA. Devin Vassell.

Ball
Vassell
Brown
Sekou
Woods
I mentioned Vassell months ago when I was the first to float the idea we trade Luke to land a extra pick.

Idea was to land Okoro with our pick, Vassell with the extra pick.

With Wood (4/5), Sekou (3/4), Okoro & Vassell (2/3) & Brown (1-3?) we'd head into the much stronger 2021 Draft looking for a stud PG for sure but could take a big or wing due to the versatility of those guys.

Sets us up to roll out a young starting 5 next season (once Blake is hurt) of:

Wood
Sekou
Okoro
Vassell
Brown

chrbal
RealGM

Post#299 » by chrbal » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 pm

My question is what is Luke’s draft pick value in a trade?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#300 » by MotownMadness » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:17 am

chrbal wrote:My question is what is Luke’s draft pick value in a trade?

Probably early 20s depending on the team given his injury history now.

Return to Detroit Pistons