ImageImageImageImage

Woj: Isaac has torn ACL

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#141 » by Tarheel » Wed Aug 5, 2020 7:15 am

Def Swami wrote:Pedophilia? In the Jonathan Isaac thread?

The Minister would not approve. :wavefinger:

Must not be a Catholic Minister then...
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,575

Post#142 » by basketballRob » Wed Aug 5, 2020 11:22 am

Hopefully they get James Andrews to do the surgery. Not sure if Hammond picked the doctor who did surgery on Jabari Parker but that didn't work out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#143 » by Ducklett » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:00 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:You can't just say "liberals" when you're only really talking about the far left.

This. This is the cause of all the tribalism in the US. This is the cause of the violent discourse in the US. Call people for what they are as individuals, not large swaths of the country they might have some things in common with.

However, MagicStarwipe, when the middle of the road, normal liberals (I consider myself one in most regards) don't call out the far left for the crazy stuff they do, we are complicit in their misdeeds.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#144 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:35 pm

Seeing Jonathan Isaac walking in the newest Troy Daniels YouTube vlog definitely give me all the feels. Dude, this one hurts.

He's there for literally 3 seconds around the 4:28 mark.
;t=449s
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#145 » by drsd » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:59 pm

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#146 » by drsd » Wed Aug 5, 2020 3:00 pm

TheGlyde wrote:He also claimed that a doctor said that "this landing would have resulted in this injury for any player in the NBA" and I just call B.S, sorry.

There was nothing special or unique about the move. It was a simple cutting jump stop. There are multiple moves like it or with more torque and impact in every game, every day.

Super thoughtful response!

I will add to the BS: when PBO Weltmann was talking about Biomechanics, and such, I rewatched the move and positioning of Isaac's leg. I totally, totally agree with you that there was nothing spectacular about the move. And as such Isaac's leg itself is the issue.

But this was not my point. PBO Weltmann's point on "upside" of this injury though was that Isaac wearing a brace may have saved him from much, much further structural damage.

And in that he is probably correct. Isaac's brace looked like robocop. Rhetoric: how bad could it have possibly have been?

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#147 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:15 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:You can't just say "liberals" when you're only really talking about the far left.

I don't want to get involved in a political debate, but what you said makes me wonder. If Liberals end up following whatever the extreme left dictates, does that not make them far left as well?

We truly need a Third party in this country as people and politicians are just taking hard stances left or right with no partisan compromise. One person says they are one thing and the other side immediately takes the opposite stance.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#148 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:33 am

I was talking to a friend (a fellow Magic fan + FSU alumni) about this.

His prediction is that Orlando will decide not to extend Isaac due to injury concerns. Isaac will then sign a large yet modest FA contract (3 year / $60M) with the Knicks and completely revitalize that franchise becoming a 20+ ppg scorer and a multi-year DPOY while attracting at least one SUPER STAR to join him.

I can’t this this out of my head now.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#149 » by Bensational » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:10 am

MagicFan101 wrote:I was talking to a friend (a fellow Magic fan + FSU alumni) about this.

His prediction is that Orlando will decide not to extend Isaac due to injury concerns. Isaac will then sign a large yet modest FA contract (3 year / $60M) with the Knicks and completely revitalize that franchise becoming a 20+ ppg scorer and a multi-year DPOY while attracting at least one SUPER STAR to join him.

I highly doubt it. DeMarcus Cousins is still waiting on his next big payday since his injuries and he was much more proven than Isaac.

I also think that he is the kind of character the franchise want to keep around who speaks to their values. I don't see us letting him go. Probs offer him a two-three year deal at $10M a year with a player option so he can prove himself, and then we all re-evaluate from there. And I think Isaac would reward the loyalty from the team in that case.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#150 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:15 am

Bensational wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I was talking to a friend (a fellow Magic fan + FSU alumni) about this.

I highly doubt it. DeMarcus Cousins is still waiting on his next big payday since his injuries and he was much more proven than Isaac.

I also think that he is the kind of character the franchise want to keep around who speaks to their values. I don't see us letting him go. Probs offer him a two-three year deal at $10M a year with a player option so he can prove himself, and then we all re-evaluate from there. And I think Isaac would reward the loyalty from the team in that case.

Cousins is 29 years old and a team cancer. Horrible attempt but thanks for playing.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#151 » by Bensational » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:20 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Cousins is 29 years old and a team cancer. Horrible attempt but thanks for playing.

Show me the last injury riddled rookie who signed a deal for $20M a season.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#152 » by jayrehme » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:17 pm

Welp, Isaac was the only reason to watch the season anymore. NBA is done for me. They are now an enemy of America.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#153 » by thelead » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:29 pm

jayrehme wrote:Welp, Isaac was the only reason to watch the season anymore. NBA is done for me. They are now an enemy of America.

THIS is what is wrong with America and yes I know this is way off topic. Disagreements should not equal enemy. This polarization from both sides is disgusting.

Stop with the drama.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#154 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:42 pm

jayrehme wrote:Welp, Isaac was the only reason to watch the season anymore. NBA is done for me. They are now an enemy of America.

Lmao. What a snowflake
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#155 » by jayrehme » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:11 pm

thelead wrote:

THIS is what is wrong with America and yes I know this is way off topic. Disagreements should not equal enemy. This polarization from both sides is disgusting.

Stop with the drama.

Disagreement? They are actively supporting a terrorist organization. The proper thing for the NBA to do would be to leave politics out of sports and "stop with the drama"... but they took the bribe and are now seeing that the consequences weren't worth it.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#156 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:14 pm

:lol:

Isaac scored 20 ( career high 25 points) grand total of 5 times in 141 games he played in NBA.
His offensive development was noticable, but never anywhere near star level. He wasn't even dominant scorer in college. He is like more advanced on defense Draymoond Green,without any passing gift. Or like KG without offensive talent. Regardless of his value on defense, teams with him as best or secend best player are always bound to go nowhere. That's why nobody in right mind builds team around Gobert without having offensive star power around him.

Magic will resign him, just simply not break a bank for a player that misses 50% of games he could play.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#157 » by KillMonger » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:17 pm

No surgery date set yet?
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#158 » by NotACat » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:23 pm

jayrehme wrote:
thelead wrote:

Stop with the drama.

Disagreement? They are actively supporting a terrorist organization. The proper thing for the NBA to do would be to leave politics out of sports and "stop with the drama"... but they took the bribe and are now seeing that the consequences weren't worth it.

BLM is not a terrorist organization. 45 is a white supremacist and would be considered a terrorist if our entire government is based in white supremacy.
Black Lives Matter
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#159 » by jayrehme » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:53 pm

NotACat wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
thelead wrote:THIS is what is wrong with America and yes I know this is way off topic. Disagreements should not equal enemy. This polarization from both sides is disgusting.

Stop with the drama.

BLM is not a terrorist organization. 45 is a white supremacist and would be considered a terrorist if our entire government is based in white supremacy.

Huh? "Races" don't even exist anymore. Quit being so "racist" with this unsubstantiated BLM nonsense.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#160 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:05 pm

KillMonger wrote:No surgery date set yet?

Likely has to wait for swelling to go down and he got a 2nd MRI. Would guess next week he’ll have it.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic