ImageImageImage

NBA restart | Mavs vs Bucks | 8:30 ET

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Re: NBA restart | Mavs vs Bucks | 8:30 ET 

Post#21 » by Teffer10 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 2:15 pm

aguiar95 wrote:Luka had by far his best game in a Mavs uniform. 19:2 AST/TO, Clutch, really murdered the #1 defense in the NBA. Shout out to DFS, monster game.

Other than Curry and THJ I thought everyone had a decent game.
Maxi looked very active on both ends and even Wright and Jackson contributed.

Agree, that was the best I've seen of Luka and he took his game to another level if that is even possible. Hopefully he can stay consistent and DFS can keep that up.
Gotta get THJ and Curry going though if we want to have any chance against the Clips.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#22 » by aguiar95 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 3:34 pm

Teffer10 wrote:Other than Curry and THJ I thought everyone had a decent game.

Agree, that was the best I've seen of Luka and he took his game to another level if that is even possible. Hopefully he can stay consistent and DFS can keep that up.
Gotta get THJ and Curry going though if we want to have any chance against the Clips.

If we want a shot to take a game against the Clippers,we have to be smart and play bigger. Maxi have to start, play at least 30+ minutes and put Seth on the bench. I agree with the Jackson/Wright part, really liked then. They seemed very confident with Luka leading them.

Right now if I were RC, here's my rotation agains LAC:

Doncic (36)/Burke (14)
Hardaway (32)/Curry (28)
DFS (36)/ Wright (15)
Maxi (30)/ Jackson (6)
KP (36)/ Boban (5)
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#23 » by Teffer10 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:38 pm

aguiar95 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Other than Curry and THJ I thought everyone had a decent game.

If we want a shot to take a game against the Clippers,we have to be smart and play bigger. Maxi have to start, play at least 30+ minutes and put Seth on the bench. I agree with the Jackson/Wright part, really liked then. They seemed very confident with Luka leading them.

Right now if I were RC, here's my rotation agains LAC:

Doncic (36)/Burke (14)
Hardaway (32)/Curry (28)
DFS (36)/ Wright (15)
Maxi (30)/ Jackson (6)
KP (36)/ Boban (5)

The lack of front court depth on this roster is beyond concerning and something that will most likely come back to haunt the FO.
There are only 3 guys on this roster over 6'7" and one of them is severely limited.
I agree Maxi will need to start against some of these teams but we have virtually no chance of winning anything if either KP or Maxi is out for any length of time whether that be minutes or God forbid games.

I like the FO and Rick but the mismanagement of risk on this one is inexcusable and completely reckless.
They have put themselves in a position that will require Maxi to exclusively play center and that will drastically limit matchup options.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#24 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:38 am

Have to agree on the weak front court depth. This team is going to regret not taking aim at some of the other bigs that they could have had. WCS not playing shows me his heart is not in the game enough to bet on him.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#25 » by aggerrard » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:55 am

Any chance Nuggets can take 2nd place?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#26 » by HMFFL » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:55 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Have to agree on the weak front court depth. This team is going to regret not taking aim at some of the other bigs that they could have had. WCS not playing shows me his heart is not in the game enough to bet on him.
He loss me too.
I won't support him being a Mav going forward. Now, if he has real personal life things to attend to other than work, and I don't know the full story, correct me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#27 » by daoneandonly » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 pm

HMFFL wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:Have to agree on the weak front court depth. This team is going to regret not taking aim at some of the other bigs that they could have had. WCS not playing shows me his heart is not in the game enough to bet on him.
He loss me too.
I won't support him being a Mav going forward. Now, if he has real personal life things to attend to other than work, and I don't know the full story, correct me.

If I'm not mistaken, he and his gf are expecting a child and he has sickle cell anemia. So if either of those are true, I think its completely understandable.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#28 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:23 am

daoneandonly wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
He loss me too.

If I'm not mistaken, he and his gf are expecting a child and he has sickle cell anemia. So if either of those are true, I think its completely understandable.

I dgaf about his expectant gf. If his sickle cell anemia is a known risk intensifier .. then .. sure .. stay away.

Return to Dallas Mavericks