Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#981 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:45 pm

wco81 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
On the 3 inches taller thing. I get you on that. That’s why, me....I’d play him as a backup at the 2. I’d have his height be a benefit by making him a big guard and less a small forward. He can move and catch and shoot like Klay, but obviously not as good as Klay. As a small forward he’s on the smaller side.

Yeah, as long as you have someone else on the court that can handle a bit next to him, I'm fine with him being the nominal 2. I remember in the first preseason game against the Lakers, it really stood out to me how small this team was when I saw GRIII out there guarding Lebron. Next to Klay, I think it would be fine. Klay is about the same height, it's remarkable how strong Klay has become. He's a rugged defender in the post. I'm more confident than most about his ability to be our primary defender on the bigger 3's in the league. Hell, I think he can play some 4 on defense as well.

I don't think Klay can guard Lebron or Kawhi all game. They will take him in the paint and draw fouls against him or he will have to let him shoot.

Plus he's still needed to guard the big PG and SG scoring threats on the other team, giving Steph some relief on the defensive end.

GSW needs a couple of wings who are at least strong enough to make the Lebron and Kawhi's work. Iggy was undersized but was effective against Lebron at times because he had ridiculously great hands. Maybe among young players the only one who can be llke that is Thybulle. But Dame lit him up for 51 points yesterday.

I suspect Wiggins will guard the smaller, quicker guards. I suspect the Warriors will try and preserve Klay's legs some. Wiggins' issues with defense seem to have been about his focus. Chasing around smaller guys is a good way to stay engaged and avoid off-ball mental lapses.

I do agree though, there is a need for a bigger defensive wing. James Johnson on the TPE could be nice for that purpose. If Paschall can cut down the fouls, he'd be a good and useful body to throw against the bog boys.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,236

Post#982 » by wco81 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Or someone like Crowder.

Nobody is going to stop those players. They're going to get what they can. Just have to make them work and then on the other half of the court, light it up.

Yeah you need bull dogs like Tucker but Houston isn't letting him go unless their owner is having money problems. Covington on that team too.

Unless Houston breaks through and wins it this year. that owner may be uncomfortable with higher salaries on that team, since he's stuck with paying and keeping Harden and probably Westbrook too.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#983 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:10 pm

wco81 wrote:Or someone like Crowder.

Nobody is going to stop those players. They're going to get what they can. Just have to make them work and then on the other half of the court, light it up.

Yeah you need bull dogs like Tucker but Houston isn't letting him go unless their owner is having money problems. Covington on that team too.

Unless Houston breaks through and wins it this year. that owner may be uncomfortable with higher salaries on that team, since he's stuck with paying and keeping Harden and probably Westbrook too.

Love Tucker, but he's 35. I don't know how much longer he is useful. Makes more sense to try and find the next Tucker.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#984 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:16 pm

wco81 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
On the 3 inches taller thing. I get you on that. That’s why, me....I’d play him as a backup at the 2. I’d have his height be a benefit by making him a big guard and less a small forward. He can move and catch and shoot like Klay, but obviously not as good as Klay. As a small forward he’s on the smaller side.

Yeah, as long as you have someone else on the court that can handle a bit next to him, I'm fine with him being the nominal 2. I remember in the first preseason game against the Lakers, it really stood out to me how small this team was when I saw GRIII out there guarding Lebron. Next to Klay, I think it would be fine. Klay is about the same height, it's remarkable how strong Klay has become. He's a rugged defender in the post. I'm more confident than most about his ability to be our primary defender on the bigger 3's in the league. Hell, I think he can play some 4 on defense as well.

I don't think Klay can guard Lebron or Kawhi all game. They will take him in the paint and draw fouls against him or he will have to let him shoot.

Plus he's still needed to guard the big PG and SG scoring threats on the other team, giving Steph some relief on the defensive end.

GSW needs a couple of wings who are at least strong enough to make the Lebron and Kawhi's work. Iggy was undersized but was effective against Lebron at times because he had ridiculously great hands. Maybe among young players the only one who can be llke that is Thybulle. But Dame lit him up for 51 points yesterday.

A miraculous trade that lets them get Wiseman and Okoro/Vassell (will need some muscle)/Bey/Williams/Precious ... but only Okoro would have half a chance next season of having a chance against them.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#985 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Justice Winslow or Marcus Smart would get some time on them and potentially do well in short stints. Covington would be a nice tool to use against them.

As long as we're dreaming a committed Ben Simmons might have some success defending wings in the West.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#986 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:07 pm

wco81 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Wiggins will be guarding Lebron and Kawhi quite a bit, and actually he has a decent history of at least staying with Lebron at times. And I also think Paschall will spend some minutes on those guys as just a bigger body to pound them a bit and have them guard his physical presence as an iso player.

I don’t want Robinson guarding those types of guys, but I’m cool with him guarding some of the twos around the league.

As a cheap add, he fits very well as a spot up shooter and a guy who can defend some. I just think he loses some of his shine guarding bigger guys.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#987 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Justice Winslow or Marcus Smart would get some time on them and potentially do well in short stints. Covington would be a nice tool to use against them.

As long as we're dreaming a committed Ben Simmons might have some success defending wings in the West.

Covington is still the guy I like best as a fit into a forward rotation. If you had Wiggins, Covington, Draymond, and Paschall as your 4 main forwards, we’d be in great shape. You could also go somewhat small with those guys and Draymond at 5.

Then if you have Klay and Robinson as your big 2’s you’re still big on the perimeter.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#988 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:00 am

If we draft Wiseman I like a veteran Center to pair with him.

Robin Lopez or Joakim Noah for the minimum? Way past their time, but having a veteran big man who can play 15mpg here and there and be guidance to Wiseman imo is key.

Wiseman/Chriss/Lopez or Noah.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#989 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:11 am

cdubbz wrote:If we draft Wiseman I like a veteran Center to pair with him.

Robin Lopez or Joakim Noah for the minimum? Way past their time, but having a veteran big man who can play 15mpg here and there and be guidance to Wiseman imo is key.

Wiseman/Chriss/Lopez or Noah.

Robin Lopez has a player’s option for $5M next year, and loves playing in Milwaukee next to his brother. Him coming here (or going anywhere) for the minimum ain’t going to happen.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#990 » by cdubbz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:46 am

Trey Burke fans anyone? Minimum contract guy, scorer, 3point shooter, and most importantly has experience in the league and playoff experience even if minimal.

He’s emerged as a FA target for me as well as Austin Rivers, but Rivera would want more than his $2mil PO.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#991 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:15 am

Burke has found a good situation, he has rounded into form and looks like a good backup point guard. He gets to backup Doncic and play alongside him and fellow Michigan teammate Hardaway Jr. In Burkes best interest he should stay in Dallas. But he would provide some of the outside shooting and crafty passing that Curry can in backup minutes, he would do well I believe.

I would still probably take Reggie over Trey just because Reggie is a stout defender who could actually defend shooting guards well in lineups with Curry. Although Trey definitely comes from a more free flowing offensive system that is more comparable to ours than the type of heavy iso the Clippers run.

If Dallas does opt to invest in Burke we could easily grab Delon Wright with the TPE. Delon is a great 6-5 defender for 1-3, he could fit in like Livingston. Delon was brought in to take the tough defensive guard assignments next to Doncic but since they are both dribble drive guys it's not a great offensive fit. His brother Dorrell played here, so we are connected in some way to him personally as he played college ball in San Francisco when Dorrell was here.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#992 » by ShayDee » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:42 am

DAWill1128 wrote:Burke has found a good situation, he has rounded into form and looks like a good backup point guard. He gets to backup Doncic and play alongside him and fellow Michigan teammate Hardaway Jr. In Burkes best interest he should stay in Dallas. But he would provide some of the outside shooting and crafty passing that Curry can in backup minutes, he would do well I believe.

I would still probably take Reggie over Trey just because Reggie is a stout defender who could actually defend shooting guards well in lineups with Curry. Although Trey definitely comes from a more free flowing offensive system that is more comparable to ours than the type of heavy iso the Clippers run.

If Dallas does opt to invest in Burke we could easily grab Delon Wright with the TPE. Delon is a great 6-5 defender for 1-3, he could fit in like Livingston. Delon was brought in to take the tough defensive guard assignments next to Doncic but since they are both dribble drive guys it's not a great offensive fit. His brother Dorrell played here, so we are connected in some way to him personally as he played college ball in San Francisco when Dorrell was here.

I don't mind Delon, they have to give us back our 31th pick or even their 18th pick because Delon is like a negative contract for them now and they need to dump him+Dwight for space in 2021
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#993 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:38 am

Hassan Whiteside: 7pts, 8rbs, 5 blks in 26 minutes. I know he's a flawed defender and a limited offensive player but his production was a huge part of Portland winning game 1. Do we want this guy for the MLE?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#994 » by B-King » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:16 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:Hassan Whiteside: 7pts, 8rbs, 5 blks in 26 minutes. I know he's a flawed defender and a limited offensive player but his production was a huge part of Portland winning game 1. Do we want this guy for the MLE?

It is all about motivation with him. He was a beast until he got that big contract. If he is willing to chase a ring and go down to the MLE, it is definitely worth exploring. I get the feeling that someone will throw at least $10M a season at him.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#995 » by ShayDee » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:04 am

Would you guys still take Reggie Jackson on MLE if we draft Wiseman and can't get Dragic?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#996 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:02 pm

B-King wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:Hassan Whiteside: 7pts, 8rbs, 5 blks in 26 minutes. I know he's a flawed defender and a limited offensive player but his production was a huge part of Portland winning game 1. Do we want this guy for the MLE?

It is all about motivation with him. He was a beast until he got that big contract. If he is willing to chase a ring and go down to the MLE, it is definitely worth exploring. I get the feeling that someone will throw at least $10M a season at him.

He was never consistent and he always made bad decisions. He put up big stats but was driving Spolstra crazy even at his "peak".
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#997 » by Quazza » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
B-King wrote:

He was never consistent and he always made bad decisions. He put up big stats but was driving Spolstra crazy even at his "peak".

Mmm in Miami sure. But check his numbers - he was fkn beasting in Miami while Nurk was hurt
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#998 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Looking back, House and Boucher could really help the Warriors with their length and such.

I know some will say Nunn, but I’m not sweating that one.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#999 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Oh and I like this Jeff Green. Not so much the previous versions.
Khoee wrote “
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1000 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:06 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Oh and I like this Jeff Green. Not so much the previous versions.

I’ve been on the Jeff Green role player hype train for two seasons now! He’s rejuvenated.

Return to Golden State Warriors