ImageImageImage

Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● Welcome To Cleveland Cavaliers?!

Moderator: ijspeelman

Draft2020
Freshman
And1: 53

Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● Welcome To Cleveland Cavaliers?! 

Post#1 » by Draft2020 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:10 pm

What's your thoughts about this kid?
should we draft him?

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,374

Re: Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● Welcome To Cleveland Cavaliers?! 

Post#2 » by JonFromVA » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Draft2020 wrote:What's your thoughts about this kid?
should we draft him?

Well, based on his mix-tape, ... he's no Sarunas Jasikevicius ...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● Welcome To Cleveland Cavaliers?! 

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:55 pm

not at 5 sorry... I wouldnt I mean it is definitley a possibility at 5 but not a probability.
There remain some pretty big holes defensively on this roster on the wing and in the paint if we take a
playmaking forward who lacks a legit reliable jumper and struggles to defend the perimeter against nba level wings or the paint against NBA level length and hops.
I am taking somebody else 9 times out of ten
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
arusinov
Sophomore
And1: 254

Post#4 » by arusinov » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:59 am

Stillwater wrote:not at 5 sorry... I wouldnt I mean it is definitley a possibility at 5 but not a probability.
There remain some pretty big holes defensively on this roster on the wing and in the paint if we take a
playmaking forward who lacks a legit reliable jumper and struggles to defend the perimeter against nba level wings or the paint against NBA level length and hops.

Well. Why are you sure he " struggles to defend the perimeter against nba level wings". Actually Deni was considered plus-defender in Euroleague guarding wings and even PG against top Euroleague teams, and guarded them quite good.
p.s.
There're good chance Cleveland would not be able to get him anyway, Bulls can take him at 4th.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:08 pm

arusinov wrote:
Stillwater wrote:not at 5 sorry... I wouldnt I mean it is definitley a possibility at 5 but not a probability.

Well. Why are you sure he " struggles to defend the perimeter against nba level wings". Actually Deni was considered plus-defender in Euroleague guarding wings and even PG against top Euroleague teams, and guarded them quite good.
p.s.
There're good chance Cleveland would not be able to get him anyway, Bulls can take him at 4th.

There were people my self included that thought about a secondary creator for this roster would be a good compromise but not in the top 10. Imo he will not have the same impacts defensively in the nba and a legit defender on the wing if they pick one over other positions and is needed more for this roster. I think there are some teams so low on other prospects they might be drinking the Kool aid on Deni like you are but i hope Cavs at least realize he wont provide enough spacing as a creator in the nba unless his shooting is drastically improved which kills his vslue to be worth a top 10 pick , i mean Okoro with his elite defense has a better chance.
Im taking Hayes for his upside as a lead guard not Deni if im not taking Okongwu Vassell or similar
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers