ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: 1st Round | Game 3: Raptors @ Nets - Fri, 08/21/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV

Nycnyc7188
Ballboy
And1: 5

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 3: Raptors @ Nets - Fri, 08/21/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#121 » by Nycnyc7188 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:42 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Today was disgraceful... no energy, no desire to try hard.... **** weak.... players and coaches.....even Levert tapped out... maybe he’s hurt or maybe he’s already eating that diva crap like he ain’t trying hard....

What? maybe he’s being realistic that the team is outnatched
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: 1st Round | Game 3: Raptors @ Nets - Fri, 08/21/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#122 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:43 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Today was disgraceful... no energy, no desire to try hard.... **** weak.... players and coaches.....even Levert tapped out... maybe he’s hurt or maybe he’s already eating that diva crap like he ain’t trying hard....

Or they are aware they are down 8 guys against a loaded healthy championship team? Joe leaving was the nail in the coffin. He brought alot of effort plays and we don’t know why he truly left. It could’ve been emotional in the locker room for him.

We’re asking alot of guys in larger roles. Temple lost us Game 2 and had Joey been out there, we would’ve had a different Game 3.

We’re supposed to be seeing Crawford in these moments of need for scoring and that turned into a bad signing. It is what it is.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 3: Raptors @ Nets - Fri, 08/21/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#123 » by ProspectPark » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Oakvillehoops wrote:You guys have a lot of nice role players. You have 6 guys right now who deserve minutes on any team. When you get everyone back you’ll have 10/11 quality players and 2 superstars. Very deep

Thanks.

Your team is stacked from top to bottom. Elite rim protection, elite perimeter d. Everyone can shoot. Multiple playmakers. Great coach. Our G-League Nets hopefully learned a lot in this series.

Hope you whoop the Celtics. Lowry vs Smart will be an interesting matchup.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#124 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:44 pm

This team man :lol: they sucked vs d.league teams. We roll them out vs second seed.
Toni
Junior
And1: 246

Post#125 » by Toni » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:45 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:
Oakvillehoops wrote:You guys have a lot of nice role players. You have 6 guys right now who deserve minutes on any team. When you get everyone back you’ll have 10/11 quality players and 2 superstars. Very deep

Thanks.

Your team is stacked from top to bottom. Elite rim protection, elite perimeter d. Everyone can shoot. Multiple playmakers. Our G-League Nets hopefully learned a lot in this series.

Hope you whoop the Celtics. Lowry vs Smart will be an interesting matchup.

Boston has had Toronto’s number as of late that will be an extremely tough series. I like their chances more against the Bucks they seem to match up better against them and put a wall up at the rim against Giannis.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#126 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#127 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:58 pm

Paradise wrote:

Or they are aware they are down 8 guys against a loaded healthy championship team? Joe leaving was the nail in the coffin. He brought alot of effort plays and we don’t know why he truly left. It could’ve been emotional in the locker room for him.

We’re asking alot of guys in larger roles. Temple lost us Game 2 and had Joey been out there, we would’ve had a different Game 3.

We’re supposed to be seeing Crawford in these moments of need for scoring and that turned into a bad signing. It is what it is.

Our identity to compete wasn’t there today.... no one expects us win, not expecting to win the series but this is still player development... it’s obvious a handful in the Bubble roster will stay on through next season but its no excuse not to compete harder and better...get the experience in...

We’re going to have two “all stars” coming in expecting a much more invested and talented surrounding cast, if you don’t perform by midway next year, you’ll be gone as we have gave them the keys to the team direction... don’t waste this opportunity to get better...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#128 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Toni wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Lol maybe we should sign FVV.....

Our expected luck, he’ll get injured or break down worse than Travis Outlaw

He’s probably going to get the max or close to it. I don’t think you can afford him with KD, Irving, Dinwiddie, Jordan, Levert and Prince all locked up amongst others?

Oh no, clearly we cannot.... it was more for the sarcasm that we are tight in the cap for no real good reason
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Toni
Junior

Post#129 » by Toni » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:03 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Toni wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Lol maybe we should sign FVV.....

Our expected luck, he’ll get injured or break down worse than Travis Outlaw

He’s probably going to get the max or close to it. I don’t think you can afford him with KD, Irving, Dinwiddie, Jordan, Levert and Prince all locked up amongst others?

Oh no, clearly we cannot.... it was more for the sarcasm that we are tight in the cap for no real good reason

Well you are tight to the cap and you have two of the best players in the NBA in KD and Kyrie locker up long term. Plus the amount that you paid Levert and Dinwiddie is ridiculous those are some of the best bargain contracts in the NBA.

And this is coming from a Raptors fan. You guys are stocked up for the next 3 years to win championships.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,833

Post#130 » by Duffman100 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Props to your players as they fight hard. Really good time auditioning for role players with the real squad next year.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#131 » by djsunyc » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:21 pm

yeah, there's no need for fans to be upset with the nets. undermanned and thoroughly outmatched to the defending champs that are talented and well coached.

what will be interesting is next season and how it's played. if it's another bubble season, team chemistry is going to be huge with the limited outlets for players and everyone constantly around each other so whoever the new coach is will have to be one to get everyone on the same page. and that's not easy to do with kyrie + kd.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#132 » by AreBe » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:08 am

I am impressed with the Nets. This Raptors series can only help in their confidence and in their development. The Raptors are vastly superior, and the Nets are making the Raptors, rightfully, earn victory.
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:51 am

I'm not sure why anyone is upset. We are severely outmatched and losing Joe Harris' presence on the perimeter was the death blow for a roster that is a shell of what it should be. Anyone who didn't expect to get the tar beaten out of us today was asking for way too much for a roster that has given us more than what they should have been capable of in the first place.

Regardless, this experience has been invaluable in evaluating players and putting guys like Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen in a situation where they have to adjust to defensive pressure that they never dealt with, and won't have to deal with next season when they are on on the floor with much better players and two elite talents.

This entire experience has been fun. Nets basketball in the summer, and we got some bonuses out of it to boot. This has been a win for the Nets regardless of the playoff round outcome.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#134 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:53 am

Duffman100 wrote:Props to your players as they fight hard. Really good time auditioning for role players with the real squad next year.

Where was Rondae today? did Nurse bench him or something?

Toni
Junior

Post#135 » by Toni » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:58 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Props to your players as they fight hard. Really good time auditioning for role players with the real squad next year.

He had a swollen knee and took a game off. Do you guys regret letting him go? He’s a pretty gritty piece coming off the bench for the Raps this year. Great rebounder.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#136 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:58 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:VanVleet may have sold his soul. :lol:

I told the fans on the Raptors board that I hope he gets a huge contract from a western conference team this offseason :lol: i'm tired of us getting torched by him.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#137 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:00 am

Toni wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He had a swollen knee and took a game off. Do you guys regret letting him go? He’s a pretty gritty piece coming off the bench for the Raps this year. Great rebounder.

Rondae will always be a favorite of mine, the guy plays at 100mph every game. I wish we still had him, we could use a defender like him in the rotation but I understand why the team wanted to go in another direction. I'm just happy that he landed with you guys and gets to play meaningful basketball.

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#138 » by djsunyc » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:32 am

as a nyc based raptors fan, i was peeved i couldn't see games 3 & 4 in person in brooklyn...not just to see the raptors but to see my girl ally love. my word she is fine.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#139 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:38 am

djsunyc wrote:as a nyc based raptors fan, i was peeved i couldn't see games 3 & 4 in person in brooklyn...not just to see the raptors but to see my girl ally love. my word she is fine.

Our Queen's presence has been missed in the bubble environment.

AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#140 » by AreBe » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:43 am

The Raptors are vastly superior. The officiating they will face against the Celtics fetish is the reason they may lose to the NBA Celtic fetishists
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros

Return to Brooklyn Nets