ImageImageImage

Sixers v Celtics Round 1

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Re: Sixers v Celtics Round 1 

Post#181 » by mike76 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:19 pm

Arsenal wrote:Before we give up on Ben Simmons, we need to get a coach in here who will FORCE him to start shooting, instead of coddling and indulging him like Brett Brown has done. Need a total hardass who will bench him if he refuses to shoot. For all his faults, I bet a guy like SVG would bring the hammer down. That is imperative for our next coach.

SVG is actually in the "Ben doesn't need to shoot camp"

Read on Twitter
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,932

Post#182 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:32 pm

What a load of BS, players would never improve with this mentality, oh wait, it is what has been happening, our players don't improve much because of this mentality, why bother to work on your weaknesses if you can still be "good enough"?
Look, if this is our next coach, it is time to trade Simmons fast. Dude will never realize his potential under this pathetic org.
Horrible takes since 2016
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#183 » by Negrodamus » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:38 pm

They should have really switched the Jazz vs Nuggets series with this series since it's actually competitive and more people would watch during EST primetime. I'd also be able to get this travesty of a series out of the way while I'm working.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#184 » by Mik317 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:44 pm

SVG is not wrong about the turning down 3s part.

Cov bricked a ton but man was pulling no matter the coverage. Every time anyone catches the ball, then pump fakes and dribbles...the defense won. Just let it **** fly. **** it at this point.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#185 » by Kobblehead » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Mik317 wrote:Tatum is hitting pull up 3s tho.

not sure how giving him those is the solution

Whether at the three point line or in the mid-range, any time Jayson Tatum is the ball handler and calls for a screen, I'm attacking that P&R with a blitz/hedge.

If he wants to take a ton of contested pullup threes, let him. Those are terrible shots and he will go ice cold in due time.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#186 » by Kobblehead » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:33 pm

mike76 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:There's not a single player on the Celtics that consistently scores off the dribble at all three levels. Meaning there's no reason to protect the rim at all against them. Just aggressively guard the mid-range and closeout on three point attempts.

Tatum in the regular season shot
38% from midrange
40% from 3
59% at the rim.

obviously, you want to contest a Tatum shot at every level because a contested shot is the best defense.

I think the most important part is the frequency. Just 24% of his field goal attempts occurred at the rim. And an even smaller percentage of them were unassisted. He's just not a guy you have to worry about slashing all the way to the rim from the perimeter. He couldn't even consistently do that at Duke. He's very perimeter pullup heavy. Which makes him way easier to defend, in theory. That's why I said to blitz/hedge every time he has the ball and calls for a screen. That's what Budenholzer did and it rendered him a scrub in last year's playoffs.

And in this series, he's getting to the rim on just 12% of his field goal attempts. This fix is soooo simple.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#187 » by phillynative » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Our team making public comments about having no answer for incomplete scoring talents like Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown is pretty pathetic.

A collective realgm poster group could devise a gameplan to reduce each of those guys to 16-18 ppg players (instead of them toasting us for a combined 57+ each playoff game).

I get what your saying but both tatum and brown have improved their games to the point that they are a threat at all three levels. Tatum more than brown obviously. Tatum is also a big forward and we dont have the wing size to contest him. We could have used ennis.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#188 » by VDT » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:19 pm

They maybe incomplete but they are playing against subpar defenders. Harris, Burks, Korkmaz and a couple of rookies are not going to lock anyone up. And Tatum is hitting 57% on mostly pull up 3s that are basically impossible to guard in the modern Nba.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#189 » by phillynative » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:22 pm

I agree with blitzing tatum because he can pretty much shoot over any defender we have and hes good enough ball handler to get to the spot he wants. Deny kemba the ball as much as possible with jrich and let brown and the others have to score
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#190 » by Saint Lazarus » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:28 am

Kobblehead wrote:Our team making public comments about having no answer for incomplete scoring talents like Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown is pretty pathetic.

A collective realgm poster group could devise a gameplan to reduce each of those guys to 16-18 ppg players (instead of them toasting us for a combined 57+ each playoff game).

You don't actually know anything about how Tatum and Brown play. LOL at holding them to 16 ppg with 1 easy fix.

Tatum and Brown aren't midrange shooters, I have no idea where you get the idea that guarding the midrange will stop them.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#191 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:07 am

So, uh, did you guys still want that Wiggins + #2 pick (Wiseman) for Simmons + Horford? :)
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#192 » by stormi » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:16 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:So, uh, did you guys still want that Wiggins + #2 pick (Wiseman) for Simmons + Horford? :)

fruck no
stormi
General Manager

Post#193 » by stormi » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 am

Wiggins
Richardson
Harris
Embiid
Wiseman

:P
stormi
General Manager

Post#194 » by stormi » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 am

if i'm going for futures, i want 2021 picks. this draft is horrendous
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#195 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:19 am

stormi wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:So, uh, did you guys still want that Wiggins + #2 pick (Wiseman) for Simmons + Horford? :)

fruck no

I'm only kidding. I know Simmons is untouchable if he can bury 3s, and every team will poke away from the vastly overpaid Horford and Harris. Good luck to yas!
stormi
General Manager

Post#196 » by stormi » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:23 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
stormi wrote:

fruck no

I'm only kidding. I know Simmons is untouchable if he can bury 3s, and every team will poke away from the vastly overpaid Horford and Harris. Good luck to yas!

He's untouchable to me... but who knows with this organization and ownership.

The Warriors with Ben would be incredible, he'd be like a super soldier Draymond for y'all and he'd probably win a few rings. I'd love to see it
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach

Post#197 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:17 am

Only if Edwards is the pick, because Wiseman and Embiid is a nightmare of problems, it would be doubling down on this Big Man BS. I feel if you can get Edwards with Simmons, you do it any day of the week.
stormi
General Manager

Post#198 » by stormi » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:

Only if Edwards is the pick, because Wiseman and Embiid is a nightmare of problems, it would be doubling down on this Big Man BS. I feel if you can get Edwards with Simmons, you do it any day of the week.

What kind of player do you think Edwards can be. See lots of Oladipo / Brown etc comparisons. You think that's lazy?
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#199 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Oladipo was an elite defensive prospect. Edwards is borderline bad, defensively. He's much closer to Jaylen Brown/Jason Richardson. He's a pretty weak as far as top prospects go.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach

Post#200 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:44 pm

stormi wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

What kind of player do you think Edwards can be. See lots of Oladipo / Brown etc comparisons. You think that's lazy?

Yeah, peak Oladipo is what I could see, at least on the offensive end. Brown nah, i think he is much more skilled than that, with due respect to Brown.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers