Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:14 am

Imagevs

vs

Time: 5:30pm
Place: The Bubble
TV: KATU

GLB of the game Zoe Saldana
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Re: Playoff game 3 RD 1 Portland vs Los Angeles 5:30 PM KATU 

Post#2 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:08 am

How do we think Lillard will do with his finger?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#3 » by d-train » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:How do we think Lillard will do with his finger?

If Joe Biden can be President with his bad finger, I think Lillard can play basketball with his.
d-train
RealGM

Post#4 » by d-train » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:17 pm

The best way for Blazers to get over the last bad game is to win this one today.
d-train
RealGM

Post#5 » by d-train » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:31 pm

It looks like Lakers biggest advantage is holding Blazers to 1 shot and crashing their own offensive boards for 2nd chances. Rebounding is the key, Blazers need to rebound.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,872

Post#6 » by JasonStern » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Shouldn't impact his ability to defend the Lakers' weak back court, nor his ability to read defenses, nor his ability to penetrate, nor his ability to pass the ball out to an open player. But "Logo Lillard" might be on hold for a while. Few people can do what he was doing in the first place, let alone with a brace impacting their shooting form.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#7 » by Wizenheimer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:52 pm

JasonStern wrote:

Shouldn't impact his ability to defend the Lakers' weak back court, nor his ability to read defenses, nor his ability to penetrate, nor his ability to pass the ball out to an open player. But "Logo Lillard" might be on hold for a while. Few people can do what he was doing in the first place, let alone with a brace impacting their shooting form.

actually I think if he's got a splint on his finger and two fingers taped together to control the spint, every thing he does will be impacted. Dribbling, catching, passing, shooting

he can still overcome the disadvantage and have decent games. But Portland won't be beating the Lakers too often if Dame only has a decent game. They need elite Dame and maybe even super-Dame

another thing they need is for CJ to actually start earning his money this game. So far, he has 34 points on 36 shots and has 3 assists vs 6 turnovers. He's shooting under 31% on three's and 33% on FT's. He has a PER of 4.7; a 44% TS mark; the worst winshare stats on the team; and a BoxPM of -4.3. I guess 157 million doesn't go as far as it used to
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,872

Post#8 » by JasonStern » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
JasonStern wrote:

actually I think if he's got a splint on his finger and two fingers taped together to control the spint, every thing he does will be impacted. Dribbling, catching, passing, shooting

he can still overcome the disadvantage and have decent games. But Portland won't be beating the Lakers too often if Dame only has a decent game. They need elite Dame and maybe even super-Dame

Obviously being injured enough to have to wear a brace will have some impact on every part of his game. But I'm sure he's jacked so full of pain killers that certain areas are going to be more impacted than others. And in my opinion, his supernatural deep range is most likely to be affected due to the precision necessary.

Agree the Lakers are likely to win and bet them moneyline. Even with a best-case "Dame at 90%", you still have CJ's back injury, Hood done, Ariza out, Collins done, etc.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#9 » by Wizenheimer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm

JasonStern wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
JasonStern wrote:

Obviously being injured enough to have to wear a brace will have some impact on every part of his game. But I'm sure he's jacked so full of pain killers that certain areas are going to be more impacted than others. And in my opinion, his supernatural deep range is most likely to be affected due to the precision necessary.

Agree the Lakers are likely to win and bet them moneyline. Even with a best-case "Dame at 90%", you still have CJ's back injury, Hood done, Ariza out, Collins done, etc.

CJ himself has said the back injury is being way overblown by media and that's it's not impacting his game to any significant level. Hood's been out for a long long time. Zach is missed but it's not like he's a world beater. I think Ariza is a significant loss, but he elected to sit, just like Bradley for the Lakers. They are also missing Rondo
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#10 » by GEE » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:13 pm

I want that team Dr. canned! In my observation, twice now he has performed sideline procedures that were both unnecessary, and potentially damaging to multi-million dollar players on a billion dollar business endeavor. Why didn't he just take the 10 minutes to go in the back to get Xrays, and then determine a reset was the best treatment? If it was fractured, he could have done quite a bit of damage to Dame's finger. Stick to band-aids and coban you asshat!

Whew.... as for tonight's game, Nothing has changed from how I felt going into game 1. If given half a chance from the VEGAS, I mean NBA refs, we can still win this thing. 2nd biggest key factor is Stotts' rotations, which I thought were near perfect in game 1. Third key factor is Dame, and his ability to lead. Melo and CJ at keys 4&5, with the bench play key #6.

All of our players looked frustrated in game 2. I think this is because of the officiating mostly. The Fakers biggest advantage I agree has been the offensive glass, but that's happening because McGee and Howard and are being allowed to come crashing in over our players backs, or just get thrown aside by Bron or Brow in a few cases. The Fakers know when they are getting away with this, and as a result will hack at will and just play dirtier.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#11 » by GEE » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Blazers need to make Bron & Brow shooters and keep them out of the paint as much as possible, and do not foul when they do get there. Also, lead in some basic stats, mostly Assists w/25+, 3pt%, Pace and Rebounding. Having some kind of a fast break would also be nice, to make the Fakers pay for crashing the offensive boards.

Hoping Dame's OK, just needs buddy taping, and will have another great performance. Just imagine Dame (and Melo to lesser) beating King James.... that's how you become an MVP soldier, and the first huge battle to winning one. Next round would be easier IMO with Harden likely, but he'd get tested again with Leonard and the Clips, followed by Giannis. I think that would be Dames path to MVP.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#12 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,826

Post#13 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:50 am

Choked on my food at the news of Hassan starting alongside Nurk for this matchup.

It's going to be a long night.
The Sebastian Express

Post#14 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:54 am

Good to see that the Lakers get to kick us and we get called for the foul.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#15 » by Klinky » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:59 am

Good start so far. Hopefully we keep it up for 4 quarters.
Circus Americano!
The Sebastian Express

Post#16 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:04 am

We need to take advantage of their early inability to hit free throws.
The Sebastian Express

Post#17 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:04 am

Love seeing CJ hit these early shots. An absolute must for us to have a chance.
The Sebastian Express

Post#18 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:05 am

Oh Dame. Oh. Dame.
The Sebastian Express

Post#19 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:09 am

They let Jusuf touch ANthony without a foul.

Tears of joy.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#20 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:11 am

11-2 in free throw attempts already

Return to Portland Trail Blazers