ImageImageImage

NBA 2020 Playoffs | R1 G4 | Mavs vs Clippers, Sunday 3:30ET

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Re: NBA 2020 Playoffs | R1 G4 | Mavs vs Clippers, Sunday 3:30ET 

Post#61 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:15 am

I don't even have a ton of words. I think the last time I was this excited was when Dirk blew by Chris Bosh for the game closing layup in 2011.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#62 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:22 am

Archx wrote:
aggerrard wrote:Adrenaline down. Great fight to come back after being down 20 - and even greater picking themselves up in OT. What a win!

I didn't know Mavs had Iverson on their team. What a great late pickup that was. I hope he can continue playing like this. Amazing collective effort after being so far behind. Just wish Maxi could find his shot somewhere and start playing like pre-bubble.

If Maxi could remember that he's a 39% 3 point shooter and not a 3.9% 3pt shooter that would be huge. That and a healthy Luka and KP.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:24 am

dirkforpres wrote:Gotta hand it to Carlisle, he is out coaching Doc by a long shot. What a turnaround

RC is a playoff coach IMO, he's always been pretty good at figuring out matchups in a playoff series but boy does he drive us nuts during the regular season.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:28 am

Pinkyring wrote:Didn't even realize delon wright was a dnpcd today. The way maxi and dfs played he should have gotten a few minutes. People have the audacity to call them value contracts yet they only show up occasionally

Maxi and DFS have played the season well above their contracts. Maxi is doing a solid job on Kawhi (if there is such a thing) and got some crucial rebobunds and blocks, sadly he's completely forgotten how to hit a wide open 3.
DFS splashed in some timely 3s and has played good D on PG all series long so far.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#65 » by Pinkyring » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Didn't even realize delon wright was a dnpcd today. The way maxi and dfs played he should have gotten a few minutes. People have the audacity to call them value contracts yet they only show up occasionally

Maxi and DFS have played the season well above their contracts. Maxi is doing a solid job on Kawhi (if there is such a thing) and got some crucial rebobunds and blocks, sadly he's completely forgotten how to hit a wide open 3.
DFS splashed in some timely 3s and has played good D on PG all series long so far.

If you can't do it in the playoffs it doesn't count and both have been horrible thus far
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 am

Pinkyring wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

If you can't do it in the playoffs it doesn't count and both have been horrible thus far

You've been horrible for this board for 4 years and it still counts so... :dontknow:
Could only be you complaining about players irrationally after such an incredible team effort to come back from 21 down and beat the arguably most stacked team in the league with our best player playing with a twisted ankle and our second best player out...
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#67 » by Pinkyring » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Maxi and DFS have played the season well above their contracts. Maxi is doing a solid job on Kawhi (if there is such a thing) and got some crucial rebobunds and blocks, sadly he's completely forgotten how to hit a wide open 3.

You've been horrible for this board for 4 years and it still counts so... :dontknow:
Could only be you complaining about players irrationally after such an incredible team effort to come back from 21 down and beat the arguably most stacked team in the league with our best player playing with a twisted ankle and our second best player out...

Oh ok well thanks for your worthless opinion it's much needed.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#68 » by Heezzi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:58 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Gotta hand it to Carlisle, he is out coaching Doc by a long shot. What a turnaround

RC is a playoff coach IMO, he's always been pretty good at figuring out matchups in a playoff series but boy does he drive us nuts during the regular season.

You can't excuse his play calling the last 5 mins of the 4qtr.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:01 am

Heezzi wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

No clue why we didn't see more Bobi and MKG either as they were very effective (really liked MKG on Kawhi to give Maxi a break) but you know... it's not midget ball like back in the day so I'll take it :lol:
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#70 » by ejs78 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:43 am

100% on MKG. I kept thinking just imagine if he could get close to DFS offensively they'd have a decent piece. Even with how poor he is on that end hes earned minutes.
dirkules_41 wrote:
Heezzi wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:RC is a playoff coach IMO, he's always been pretty good at figuring out matchups in a playoff series but boy does he drive us nuts during the regular season.

No clue why we didn't see more Bobi and MKG either as they were very effective (really liked MKG on Kawhi to give Maxi a break) but you know... it's not midget ball like back in the day so I'll take it

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#71 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:03 am

OMG we freaking got a hope at winning this series now and you wont be able to tell who is going to be the next player to step up and do what is needed.

We maybe are as deep as any team in the league with fantastic 3 point shooting in the clutch and 4 players shooting significantly better than 50% in this game.

Led by Trey Burke with 71% of his shots Luka at 58% Seth at 67% and Boban at 55%.

Suffice it to say we had the talent to win even without KP playing.

Obviously Luka is getting as many minutes as he can play but I think these 3 deserve to be rewarded with more responsibility for what they accomplished today.

When KP returns these guys are our crunch time players.

THJ did great as well scoring 21 but he was at 44% with his shots.

If Kleber can start to hit his shots and continue his defensive greatness I think we may win this series.

Heck the way we are playing against a contender we may be poised to win a ring this season.

I hope we lock Burke up long term as JJB's replacement.

I think it is going to be a lot easier to attract talent going forward so I expect rings to be the norm around here as soon as we grab that next superstar.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#72 » by HMFFL » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:28 am

Paul George has NBA fans all over him.for his poor play.
We've done a great job against him during this series. Go MAVS

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#73 » by fuller4379 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:05 am

Clipper fans are probably wishing Paul George was still in Oklahoma City right about now.
swaggerbox
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#74 » by swaggerbox » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:25 am

we can now trade for PG now that his value is at an all-time low. Maxi + 18 + 31 for PG
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#75 » by Darren » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:36 am

I like the leadership and influence from Doncic. Whenever your franchise player is pushing self over the limits, your teammates respond. on broken legs, Doncic still make plays, defend well and hit clutch buckets. What's not to like? There're some calls doesn't go our ways. There're some buckets should have gone in. There should be no overtime period. But at the end of the day, you stick with the wins despite all adversities. Good energy and efforts. I kinda like Maxi's defense on Kawhi in clutch period. Unfortunately, Maxi still doesn't able to buy a bucket. I think most of the 3s are pretty close. Anyway, it's amazing considered the Mavs trail by 21 points in 2nd quarter. I think I could have gone offline and slept but gladly I didn't.
Darren
RealGM

Post#76 » by Darren » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:37 am

swaggerbox wrote:we can now trade for PG now that his value is at an all-time low. Maxi + 18 + 31 for PG

Way too generous. Take away the picks, we may consider. I think we at least secure oladipo in 2021 without giving up anything. I don't think Indiana is serious to resign Victor at all costs.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#77 » by arkuo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:10 am

swaggerbox wrote:we can now trade for PG now that his value is at an all-time low. Maxi + 18 + 31 for PG

That is too much value for Joe Ingles' first born son.
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#78 » by JJP » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am

I doubt most of us realize yet that we have "The Guy". The Mavs have that player under contract. Not the Lakers. Not Miami.

Bird was that guy in the 80s, Jordan in the 90's, and Kobe in the 00s. This is the guy who makes everyone stop what they're doing when the game is on the line. If you live in another city and you're just an NBA fan, the first thing you do in the morning is click on his box score and highlights. The final score is secondary. He's that guy. It's not hyperbole since he already has the stats to back it up along with the respect of other players. He doesn't have the rings yet, but that won't keep him from being The Guy. You still have to see what he's going to do next.

Besides Mavericks fans, the big winner is the NBA. He's their marketing dream. He's the guy that will pay the light bills for awhile.
Darren
RealGM

Post#79 » by Darren » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Doncic is unbelievable, yes. But it's a total team effort. look at those heavily-contested reverse layups by Hardaway, Curry and Burke in the 4th quarter defended by Kawhi and George. I'm amazed. All players are exceeding personal limit and perform well beyond the comfort zone. If the supporting cast plays like that, the Mavs may shock a lot of people. We're still waiting for Maxi and DFS somewhat. But I do like Maxi's defense on Kawhi in clutch time. It makes things very tough for Kawhi. This time Maxi is doing individually without any help defense. That's unbelievable.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#80 » by Bob8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Darren wrote:Doncic is unbelievable, yes. But it's a total team effort. look at those heavily-contested reverse layups by Hardaway, Curry and Burke in the 4th quarter defended by Kawhi and George. I'm amazed. All players are exceeding personal limit and perform well beyond the comfort zone. If the supporting cast plays like that, the Mavs may shock a lot of people. We're still waiting for Maxi and DFS somewhat. But I do like Maxi's defense on Kawhi in clutch time. It makes things very tough for Kawhi. This time Maxi is doing individually without any help defense. That's unbelievable.

Exactly. You need a team to win important games. That's why they have lost game 1, nobody, except Luka, could hit anything in second half. Mavs will need a team to win next games. Burke is amazing more or less the whole series and Curry is very good too. I hope KP will have at least one great game.

Return to Dallas Mavericks