ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,993

Re: Injuries: Hayward (R.Ankle) 

Post#1181 » by 31to6 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:48 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:He is? When did he say/indicate this?

It's in the latest Woj story.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29705413/gordon-hayward-overlap-recovery-ankle-sprain-leaving-nba-bubble-child-birth

What Hayward and the Celtics do know is that he won't be back any time soon. Because of that, Hayward said he is looking at the possibility of scheduling the impending birth of his fourth child during the time he is out.

The Celtics had been prepared for Hayward to leave the team for a few days at some point in September to be with his wife, Robyn, for the birth.

"I think it's two separate things," Hayward said, referring to his injury and the impending family addition, "but it's something I'm taking a look at. It's just very unfortunate of the timing of the whole deal, so I think I'm just trying to take it day by day, and we're looking at scheduling for the baby and all that stuff, so it's taking it day by day."

It could just be me but I read the quote as aligning his rehab and his moving out of the bubble to the (natural) birth of his child and not the other way around.

Have you watched Robyn's IG video? While it's clear she was particularly upset at the fans/people she doesn't know suggesting the birth be induced, I don't think she'd be open to the idea even if Gordon himself broached the subject, "just for basketball."

So you’re saying at some point Hayward will be out with a “vaginal delivery”.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,636

Re: Injuries: Green (R.Knee); Hayward (R.Ankle) 

Post#1182 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#1183 » by Higgs Boston » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Someone knows how much time Langford will miss after the surgery?
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1184 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:00 am

Read on Twitter

Team just can’t catch a break
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#1185 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:18 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Team just can’t catch a break

Maybe part of the reason he hasn't shot worth s**t.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1186 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,904

Post#1187 » by Parliament10 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:50 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah. He might as well heal at home. Spend time with the Family, leading up to the Birth of his Son.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1188 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:Someone knows how much time Langford will miss after the surgery?

I can't imagine he won't be ready before whatever time training camps will start next year. At latest the Finals end 10/13 and next season is probably not starting until January or something I bet.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1189 » by Parliament10 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:Someone knows how much time Langford will miss after the surgery?

I can't imagine he won't be ready before whatever time training camps will start next year. At latest the Finals end 10/13 and next season is probably not starting until January or something I bet.

The season may start on XMas day.
Romeo can miss the start of the season. We see what he's capable of.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1190 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:08 am

Injuries are stupid. How unlucky can we get??
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,685

Post#1191 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter

GREATTTTTTTTTT MORE SEMI CAN'T WAIT
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1192 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Our lone "microwave scorer" is now OUT. Not that I expected Stevens to play him a ton. Still would've been nice to have that option off the bench.

If we're playing Javonte in a playoff game, that means we're desperate for answers. Anyway, recover soon SavageWoo!
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1193 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:44 pm

I'm not a fan of Hayward leaving the bubble so early. I get that he's got a family, his wife is about to give birth, and that he can't play anyhow. However, just remaining in the bubble to be with his team, have the ability to get more treatment (let's be real - Celtics aren't sending anyone out to Indiana and will let his own trainer be in charge of his rehab), and just being available to cheer his guys on is good for team morale, IMO.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1194 » by 3D Chess » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:08 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I'm not a fan of Hayward leaving the bubble so early. I get that he's got a family, his wife is about to give birth, and that he can't play anyhow. However, just remaining in the bubble to be with his team, have the ability to get more treatment (let's be real - Celtics aren't sending anyone out to Indiana and will let his own trainer be in charge of his rehab), and just being available to cheer his guys on is good for team morale, IMO.

Celtics have plenty of medical/fitness staff sitting on the sidelines outside of the bubble right now, including at least one guy who worked closely with Gordon post his leg break. Would think they might send one of them to wherever Hay goes.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#1195 » by BillTheGOAT » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:00 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I'm not a fan of Hayward leaving the bubble so early. I get that he's got a family, his wife is about to give birth, and that he can't play anyhow. However, just remaining in the bubble to be with his team, have the ability to get more treatment (let's be real - Celtics aren't sending anyone out to Indiana and will let his own trainer be in charge of his rehab), and just being available to cheer his guys on is good for team morale, IMO.

I am not losing sleep over Hayward, as far as im concerned he is done for the year and hopefully with this team.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1196 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 pm

3D Chess wrote:

Celtics have plenty of medical/fitness staff sitting on the sidelines outside of the bubble right now, including at least one guy who worked closely with Gordon post his leg break. Would think they might send one of them to wherever Hay goes.

I dunno. I have my doubts as to whether or not the Celtics would send a guy to live in Indiana for a month during a pandemic. I remember when Gord broke his foot and returned home to San Diego for rehab, it was his personal trainer/gaming buddy who was entrusted to look after Gord. Celtics would send their guy once in awhile, but it was mainly his own personal trainer who was with Gord. Gord looked pretty fat when he came back the following season. It's no surprise that Gord came back in much better shape this past season when he opted to stay in Boston (instead of going home to San Diego) during the summer so he could work with the team's coaches and trainers.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1197 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:19 pm

3D Chess wrote:

Yeah. There's not much need for him to be a cheerleader for 4+ weeks.
He's better utilized at home with his Family, pending the Birth of his Son.

In fact, Hayward may be in a better position to heal at home, where he doesn't have to move around a lot.
Celtics can send some Staff to him. Or, since he's a multi-million, he can hire his own recovery team.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1198 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

In fact, Hayward may be in a better position to heal at home, where he doesn't have to move around a lot.
Celtics can send some Staff to him. Or, since he's a multi-million, he can hire his own recovery team.

He can get treatment around the clock in the bubble. He's living in a hotel - he wouldn't have to lift a finger there. Guess what he's doing at home? Babysitting his 3 girls and his pregnant wife.

And sure, he can hire his own guy, but when the guy you hire is your gaming buddy (they're stationed in Indiana), that doesn't inspire too much confidence from me. Gord looked fat in 2018 when he worked with his pal. When he stayed in Boston during the summer, he came into camp in much better shape.

We can agree to disagree here. It would have been one thing if he returned to Boston and worked out at the team's practice facilities where he could be monitored by team staff, but who's watching him in Indiana? And I also wish he had stayed in the bubble to cheer on his teammates. Let's be real here - NONE of those players really enjoy being trapped in there. Rather than stay in the trenches and cheer his guys on, Gord took the first plane out. It just doesn't sit well with me at all.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#1199 » by djFan71 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:41 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
3D Chess wrote:Celtics have plenty of medical/fitness staff sitting on the sidelines outside of the bubble right now, including at least one guy who worked closely with Gordon post his leg break. Would think they might send one of them to wherever Hay goes.

He can get treatment around the clock in the bubble. He's living in a hotel - he wouldn't have to lift a finger there. Guess what he's doing at home? Babysitting his 3 girls and his pregnant wife.

And sure, he can hire his own guy, but when the guy you hire is your gaming buddy (they're stationed in Indiana), that doesn't inspire too much confidence from me. Gord looked fat in 2018 when he worked with his pal. When he stayed in Boston during the summer, he came into camp in much better shape.

We can agree to disagree here. It would have been one thing if he returned to Boston and worked out at the team's practice facilities where he could be monitored by team staff, but who's watching him in Indiana? And I also wish he had stayed in the bubble to cheer on his teammates. Let's be real here - NONE of those players really enjoy being trapped in there. Rather than stay in the trenches and cheer his guys on, Gord took the first plane out. It just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think it's super dire. But, it sure doesn't inspire his teammates any. I'm sure they "get it", but there's no chance for anyone to say "Man, Gordon just attacked his rehab - he was always in the gym. During games he was cheering us on and was a great help with the coaching staff and pointing out things he saw from the bench. He's just been great and we're really excited to get him back"
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,860

Post#1200 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 pm

I'm guessing that his teammates as well as Celtics' management support his decision. They know Hayward has a young family with another baby on the way, and that even at home he'll do what he can to get back on the court.

But I would love to see Hayward as one of the "zoom" fans on Thursday, like Paul Pierce and "Deuce" Tatum.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to Boston Celtics