ImageImage

Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#261 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:00 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Just trying to figure out creative ways to trade into this draft if we wanted. Ideally we'd go for a top 10 pick since there is a drop off after that, but that may be a bit tough without using the UTA 1st.

MEM-MIN
Brooks, Anderson, 2nd for James Johnson, #17
Gives MIN a quality SG/SF and PF who aren't terribly old as they try to make the playoffs. We clear future salary and get a middle pick.

MEM-POR
Brooks, Anderson for Ariza, Hood, #16
Upgrade for POR as they try again to get Dame into the playoffs.

Knicks are rumored to want Ball. If Ball falls to 3rd pick Charlotte, they might prefer to net an extra asset.

Knicks trade - (Mitch, #8) for (#3 Ball)

Charlotte trade - (Batum, #3) for (Mitch, Dieng, Winslow, Utah pick 2022)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow) for (Batum, #8)
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#262 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Cavs trade - (Love, #4) for (Wiggins, #2)

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2) for (Love, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (GS 2024) for (#4)

In Memphis giving back control of GS 2024, GS net Love & Minnesota 2021 for their troubles. Memphis net a top pick now instead of 4 years from now to help build. Cavs move on from an unhappy Love who goes to a contender, get a young player on a similar contract while jumping to #2.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#263 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 pm

From GS's board.

Some juicy draft rumors from the Supes guy

Like has been reported everywhere, Silver wants fans back in the arena for next season to make up for lost revenue. So the odds for another bubble is very slim. Teams want to know the cap before making any moves, including drafting players because they want to use the picks to dump contracts. Teams also want the draft date moved back but Silver doesn't want to do that.

Hornets will take BPA whether it's Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, Deni, Toppin, will not move up and are not pressured to do so. Want to keep all their future picks(expected). Bulls are leaning Towards international prospects at 4, Deni and Hayes. Seems that they won't move up? (imo). Also in my opinion I don't know if they pass on Ball if he drops to 4, Might be leaning towards they will.

CLE want wings that defend, so Okoro, Vassell and Patrick Williams. Nothing on DET. Knicks want a player that fits Thibs style. No news on if they want to move up(doubt they will move up in this draft giving away Mitch or their 21 picks). WAS looking for BPA. Also said they want a C and they are likely the team that will move up to get Wiseman, so watch out, might only give top 5-10 protected 21 and maybe a player?

Warriors are working hard to try and get workouts. also he says our players want Wiseman the most but he thinks the FO want Onyeka? lol also there were quotes from BOB that said the players deserve a say in the draft. So it would be funny when dudes get salty that Steph, Klay and Dray picked Wiseman. I also think the FO is split on Wiseman, I think that's why they are working hard to get the workouts. I think deep deep down they want Deni.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#264 » by Whole Truth » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 am

An opposing NBA executive believes that the Cleveland Cavaliers will be willing to trade their fifth pick for an experienced player. The executive quoted -

"They don't want that (No.5 overall) draft pick," he told SI.com. "I don't know that for certainty -- but I've spoken to enough people over there that I know they don't really want to bring in another young unknown."I strongly believe they will end up trading it."

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/nba-trade-rumors-executives-around-league-doubt-cleveland-cavaliers-will-keep-no-5-draft-pick
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#265 » by Whole Truth » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:18 am

Cavs aren't getting players like Simmons or Beal with their assets but they need to improve their defense.

Knicks trade - (Mitch, Randle, 13m TPE, #8) for (Wiggins, #2)

Cavs trade - (Love, #5) for (Mitch, Randle, Winslow)

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2) for (Love, #8, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Winslow, GS 2024) for (13m TPE, #5)
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#266 » by Whole Truth » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 pm

In my last trade suggestion I have Memphis giving up too much value with Winslow & the GS pick, so here's a modified version.

Philly trade - (Horford, 2020 #21, FRP?) for (Dieng, Winslow (26m expiring))

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2, Wolves 2021) for (Horford, #8, Philly #21, GS 2024)

Knicks trade - (Mitch, #8) for (#2)

Bulls trade - (#4) for (Mitch, Philly FRP?)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow (26m expiring), GS 2024) for (Wiggins, #4, Wolves 2021)

I was on the GS board & they seem to like the Wiggins for Horford salary swap but Philly need an outlet for the bad contract already having Harris' contract. That's where (Memphis) who's giving up 26m in expiring value + control of the GS pick comes into play for all teams involved. Besides taking on bad salary, GS would have more value for their pick control, when they could be potentially rebuilding. Whereas it's a possibility Wolves could make the playoffs next year.

Wiggins #2 for Horford, #8, #21. GS get a better player/fit for the salary & 2 picks for depth options in draft that is not top heavy, where they could probably net a player as good at 8 as at 2.

Knicks use Mitch & the 8th to move up for Ball who they're rumored to covet.

Bulls net a good proven young big in Mitch. With the state of their team, they avoid the bust potential of this draft & net a future pick from Philly for the #4 pick.

Memphis move the value of the 2024 pick to 2021 to aid the timeline of the rebuild with Memphis looking like they can make the playoff sooner than later. Reason for this trade is I specifically have Onyeka targeted to round out the front court thinking his game fits with both Memphis building blocks. Depending on Minnesota, Memphis could have 2 picks in the 2021 draft to potentially net that wing solution either in luck or packaged to move up
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#267 » by Whole Truth » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 pm

From OKC's board in response to a Sixer trade for CP3 & his availability.

"Pretty sure that he's (even more available considering the fact that our owner won't be happy about paying him 40+ millions while struggling financially because of the covid situation)".

Note - This is the same owner that traded Harden to keep, resign Ibaka.

The problem this Philly fan has is that he was offering up an equally bad contract in Horford or Harris in trying to involve Houston/Tucker who IMO is the backbone of their defense. I doubt Houston would trade Tucker for Horford as suggested.

If Philly is willing to give up value for CP3 & OKC to dump 40+m

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Richardson). (29m expiring value, 40m savings + a young SG)

Philly trade - (Horford, Richardson, 2020 1st) for (CP3)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow) 29m expiring value for (Horford, Philly 2020, Houston 2024 1st)

With Philly's want to land a proven PG & OKC need to shed salary, Memphis trade 29m expiring value for pick assets. Considering Philly's 2020 is a late first in a weak draft & Houston's 2024 pick if they land top 4, Memphis will only receive 2 2nds. I have them taking risk of netting overall a late first & 2 2nds for a big salary dump. The upside being, if Houston doesn't land top 4 when they/Harden, is expecting to fall off, this trade would make 3 picks in the 2024 draft, 2 potential lotto between GS & Houston, where Memphis could alternatively use the perception of it's high value in future trade to avoid it's risk.

Philly use incentives to swap a declining player, bad fit, salary in Horford for a good proven PG to lead their team into contention.

OKC receive 29m in expiring value, 40m savings, a young player by splitting the cost with Philly in this Covid financial climate, which that poster estimates his ownership is weary, concerned about.

Horford is an upgrade over Dieng, he'll provide some court value & veteran experience in netting assets. As a result Memphis will have 4 picks owed to them over as many years with 3 having potential to be lottery if thing break right. Not bad considering Horford would be the lone bad contract on roster.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#268 » by VCfor3 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Whole Truth wrote:From OKC's board in response to a Sixer trade for CP3 & his availability.

"Pretty sure that he's (even more available considering the fact that our owner won't be happy about paying him 40+ millions while struggling financially because of the covid situation)".

Note - This is the same owner that traded Harden to keep, resign Ibaka.

The problem this Philly fan has is that he was offering up an equally bad contract in Horford or Harris in trying to involve Houston/Tucker who IMO is the backbone of their defense. I doubt Houston would trade Tucker for Horford as suggested.

If Philly is willing to give up value for CP3 & OKC to dump 40+m

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Richardson). (29m expiring value, 40m savings + a young SG)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow) 29m expiring value for (Horford, Philly 2020, Houston 2024 1st)

With Philly's want to land a proven PG & OKC need to shed salary, Memphis trade 29m expiring value for pick assets. Considering Philly's 2020 is a late first in a weak draft & Houston's 2024 pick if they land top 4, Memphis will only receive 2 2nds. I have them taking risk of netting overall a late first & 2 2nds for a big salary dump. The upside being, if Houston doesn't land top 4 when they/Harden, is expecting to fall off, this trade would make 3 picks in the 2024 draft, 2 potential lotto between GS & Houston, where Memphis could alternatively use the perception of it's high value in future trade to avoid it's risk.

Philly use incentives to swap a declining player, bad fit, salary in Horford for a good proven PG to lead their team into contention.

OKC receive 29m in expiring value, 40m savings, a young player by splitting the cost with Philly in this Covid financial climate, which that poster estimates his ownership is weary, concerned about.

Horford is an upgrade over Dieng, he'll provide some court value & veteran experience in netting assets. As a result Memphis will have 4 picks owed to them over as many years with 3 having potential to be lottery if thing break right. Not bad considering Horford would be the lone bad contract on roster.

Depends on the protections on the HOU pick, but there is a real chance Winslow is better than anyone we'd get with either of those picks plus Horford eats a lot of cap. We could take salary dumps next offseason and maybe get better assets at that time while keeping Winslow.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#269 » by Whole Truth » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:35 pm

VCfor3 wrote: Depends on the protections on the HOU pick, but there is a real chance Winslow is better than anyone we'd get with either of those picks plus Horford eats a lot of cap. We could take salary dumps next offseason and maybe get better assets at that time while keeping Winslow.

Houston pick conveys in 2024 unless they land top 4, then it becomes 2, 2nds. 2023 Harden would be 33 & an unrestricted FA if he's not already traded for assets. 2024 could be the 2nd year of a Houston rebuild ..

There's also a real chance Winslow might not stay healthy but only the organization knows his health status. If it's a preference to keep Winslow, what about offering up Anderson in his place?.

Horford had a down season but he's still an upgrade for the front court. His defense & 3pt shooting paired with 3J pushing Jonas to the bench helps opens the paint for Ja. He'll be expiring when 3J & Ja would be looking for their first extensions. At that point with this deal, Memphis could potentially have 3 picks in the 2024 draft, 2 in the 5-10 range not their own. to boost the roster depth & help offset the contracts handed out to 3J & JA with cheap talent.

I targeted the 2020 #21 pick, with the thought of potentially using it to trade up. Didn't have to be top 10, thinking a player could drop far enough to not hold a high asking price. Offer up a team like Suns (Allen, +21) for (#10) then draft Patrick Williams before the Spurs get their hands on him & he would be the Winslow or Anderson depth replacement as a 6'8" 18yo forward.

Moving Jonas to the bench & giving the young wing some burn could help angle Memphis for a set back & high 2021 pick.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#270 » by VCfor3 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:28 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote: Depends on the protections on the HOU pick, but there is a real chance Winslow is better than anyone we'd get with either of those picks plus Horford eats a lot of cap. We could take salary dumps next offseason and maybe get better assets at that time while keeping Winslow.

Houston pick conveys in 2024 unless they land top 4, then it becomes 2, 2nds. 2023 Harden would be 33 & an unrestricted FA if he's not already traded for assets. 2024 could be the 2nd year of a Houston rebuild ..

There's also a real chance Winslow might not stay healthy but only the organization knows his health status. If it's a preference to keep Winslow, what about offering up Anderson in his place?.

Horford had a down season but he's still an upgrade for the front court. His defense & 3pt shooting paired with 3J pushing Jonas to the bench helps opens the paint for Ja. He'll be expiring when 3J & Ja would be looking for their first extensions. At that point with this deal, Memphis could potentially have 3 picks in the 2024 draft, 2 in the 5-10 range not their own. to boost the roster depth & help offset the contracts handed out to 3J & JA with cheap talent.

I targeted the 2020 #21 pick, with the thought of potentially using it to trade up. Didn't have to be top 10, thinking a player could drop far enough to not hold a high asking price. Offer up a team like Suns (Allen, +21) for (#10) then draft Patrick Williams before the Spurs get their hands on him & he would be the Winslow or Anderson depth replacement as a 6'8" 18yo forward.

Moving Jonas to the bench & giving the young wing some burn could help angle Memphis for a set back & high 2021 pick.

I think 21+Allen at best gets you 16 from Portland which probably isn't enough to get Patrick Williams which I'm liking for us after looking into him. I wonder if the trade could be tweaked a bit. I think OKC is making out well so maybe we can tweak their value. I'd love to get a second 1st from them but can't see a great way to make that happen unless they are incredibly in love with Winslow and/or think they can flip Richardson for a 1st. So option 1 would be that they just toss in the lower of their two 2021 or 2022 1sts (their choice). It should be a late pick and we could either use that extra 1st to move up in the draft to go after Williams/Vassell/Onyeka or we keep it and use it to move up next year in a supposedly strong wing draft.

Option 2 would be to maybe find a 4th team even though big trades are hard to make happen.

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Joseph). (30m savings + a young SG/SF and vet PG)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow) 29m expiring value for (Horford, Sacramento 2020, Houston 2024 1st)

Sacramento trade - (Joseph, Sacramento 2020 1st) for (Richardson, Philly 2020 1st)

Sacramento moves down from 12 to 21 for Richardson whose defense may help compliment the offense of Buddy and Bogdan (who can help cover some of the backup PG minutes). At 12 we have a good shot at Williams.

Another option is maybe Portland trades Hood+Ariza+16 or 2021 1st for Richardson and those expirings are sent to OKC instead. Memphis would then get the pick. The GSW may also take Richardson into their TPE and send us a future 1st.

And then you got the big mamba trade:
OKC trade - (CP3, #25, 2022 LAC 1st, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Porter, #21). (Hella savings + 11m TPE + a young versatile SF + flyer on a PF/C + move up a few spots this draft)

Philly trade - (Horford, Richardson, #21) for (CP3, #40)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow, JV, Brooks, Porter, #40) for (Horford, Wiggins, #2, #25, 2022 GSW 1st, 2022 LAC 1st, Houston 2024 1st) (#25+GSW or LAC pick probably gets you Williams, maybe you get Edwards at 2, and then you still have two extra future 1sts)

Golden State trade - (Wiggins, TPE, #2, 2022 GSW 1st Top 20 protected) for (JV, Richardson, Brooks). (Add depth, round out their roster, and keep the MIN pick even though I really wanted it ha)

I'm actually starting to like a deal like you suggested more than before, but I think the main question is what potential opportunities are we giving up? Cap space in 2021 may be very valuable especially with a COVID-induced lower cap than teams originally expected. I wonder what the chances are that we net similar or better assets if we wait and take on salary at that time. Or is there a chance we can attract a big FA in 2021 or 2022? In 2022 Zach Lavine is a FA, Bradley Beal could opt out and become a FA, Michael Porter Jr will be a RFA so an overpay may scare Denver off from matching, Aaron Gordon is kinda interesting for the right price, Robert Covington could be a solid SF roleplayer, Bagley/Bamba/WCJ/Miles Bridges may be RFAs worth a look for the right price, Mikal Bridges has played well and is a RFA that we can maybe overpay, Shai is my dream but I can't see OKC not matching even a max offer. I feel like Ja is one hell of a recruiter, but we've never been a player in FA before so I don't know if hoping that changes is a smart outlook. So I don't know what the smartest path forward is.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#271 » by Whole Truth » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:14 am

VCfor3 wrote:I think 21+Allen at best gets you 16 from Portland which probably isn't enough to get Patrick Williams which I'm liking for us after looking into him. I wonder if the trade could be tweaked a bit. I think OKC is making out well so maybe we can tweak their value. I'd love to get a second 1st from them but can't see a great way to make that happen unless they are incredibly in love with Winslow and/or think they can flip Richardson for a 1st. So option 1 would be that they just toss in the lower of their two 2021 or 2022 1sts (their choice). It should be a late pick and we could either use that extra 1st to move up in the draft to go after Williams/Vassell/Onyeka or we keep it and use it to move up next year in a supposedly strong wing draft.

Option 2 would be to maybe find a 4th team even though big trades are hard to make happen.

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Joseph). (30m savings + a young SG/SF and vet PG)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow) 29m expiring value for (Horford, Sacramento 2020, Houston 2024 1st)

Sacramento trade - (Joseph, Sacramento 2020 1st) for (Richardson, Philly 2020 1st)

Sacramento moves down from 12 to 21 for Richardson whose defense may help compliment the offense of Buddy and Bogdan (who can help cover some of the backup PG minutes). At 12 we have a good shot at Williams.

Another option is maybe Portland trades Hood+Ariza+16 or 2021 1st for Richardson and those expirings are sent to OKC instead. Memphis would then get the pick. The GSW may also take Richardson into their TPE and send us a future 1st.

And then you got the big mamba trade:
OKC trade - (CP3, #25, 2022 LAC 1st, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Porter, #21). (Hella savings + 11m TPE + a young versatile SF + flyer on a PF/C + move up a few spots this draft)

Philly trade - (Horford, Richardson, #21) for (CP3, #40)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow, JV, Brooks, Porter, #40) for (Horford, Wiggins, #2, #25, 2022 GSW 1st, 2022 LAC 1st, Houston 2024 1st) (#25+GSW or LAC pick probably gets you Williams, maybe you get Edwards at 2, and then you still have two extra future 1sts)

Golden State trade - (Wiggins, TPE, #2, 2022 GSW 1st Top 20 protected) for (JV, Richardson, Brooks). (Add depth, round out their roster, and keep the MIN pick even though I really wanted it ha)

I'm actually starting to like a deal like you suggested more than before, but I think the main question is what potential opportunities are we giving up? Cap space in 2021 may be very valuable especially with a COVID-induced lower cap than teams originally expected. I wonder what the chances are that we net similar or better assets if we wait and take on salary at that time. Or is there a chance we can attract a big FA in 2021 or 2022? In 2022 Zach Lavine is a FA, Bradley Beal could opt out and become a FA, Michael Porter Jr will be a RFA so an overpay may scare Denver off from matching, Aaron Gordon is kinda interesting for the right price, Robert Covington could be a solid SF roleplayer, Bagley/Bamba/WCJ/Miles Bridges may be RFAs worth a look for the right price, Mikal Bridges has played well and is a RFA that we can maybe overpay, Shai is my dream but I can't see OKC not matching even a max offer. I feel like Ja is one hell of a recruiter, but we've never been a player in FA before so I don't know if hoping that changes is a smart outlook. So I don't know what the smartest path forward is.

^ I wouldn't bank on any of those "opportunities" listed. Despite JA's appeal, he's still a 2nd year player. It's not impossible but highly unlikely Memphis would land Giannis or Beal in free agency & teams won't not match keeping their corner stone players like SGA. To your question, IMO all that's there is the perception of availability where I think Memphis would come up empty. I'm not interested in players like Lavine either, who are one dimensional & expensive. I think being proactive is the way to go, deal with opportunities as they present themselves. If you agree with me that there's potential opportunity with OKC possibly wanting to shed CP3's contract out of financial desperation, it's entirely possible the current Covid climate & fear factor leverage that I've based the CP3 trade on could be gone by next year.

I like where you took this. However, with your suggestion of Sacramento, I don't know if Williams will go higher than 10 but I doubt he'll fall past the Spurs at 11. Ideally, I'd like to get in the top 10 & think your suggestion of flipping Richardson is a possible in, I didn't think of. Maybe the Knicks who've had trade targets like Heild would be interested in Richardson?, where I know Detroit & Casey would love to get Mitch Robinson to anchor his defensive scheme ala Mavs/Chandler.

to Knicks - Richardson +?

to Detroit - Mitch +?

to Memphis - #7
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#272 » by Whole Truth » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:34 am

Trade 1

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Philly 2020 #21). (30m expiring value, 10m TPE, 50m savings + late first)

Philly trade - (Horford, Richardson, 2020 1st #21) for (CP3)

GS trade (Wiggins, #2) for (Horford, Richardson, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow, GS 2024) 29m expiring value, control of GS top 4 back for (Wiggins, #2, Houston 2024 1st)

Trade 2

Memphis trade down - (#2) to any team willing #4-8, + FRP, where I'd draft (Onyeka or Williams) & net an additional asset.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#273 » by VCfor3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:12 am

Whole Truth wrote:Trade 1

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Winslow, Philly 2020 #21). (30m expiring value, 10m TPE, 50m savings + late first)

Philly trade - (Horford, Richardson, 2020 1st #21) for (CP3)

GS trade (Wiggins, #2) for (Horford, Richardson, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow, GS 2024) 29m expiring value, control of GS top 4 back for (Wiggins, #2, Houston 2024 1st)

Trade 2

Memphis trade down - (#2) to any team willing #4-8, + FRP, where I'd draft (Onyeka or Williams) & net an additional asset.

I also had the thought of #2 for a top 8 pick+Future 1st, especially if Edwards is gone. I'm not sure if GS would agree to this deal or not, but I like the idea.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#274 » by VCfor3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:28 am

babyjax13's idea from the Trades board:
Spoiler:
Happens after the draft, so the picks are really the rights to the players drafted there.

Utah trades: Rudy Gobert, Tony Bradley, Joe Ingles, 2020 UTA 1st (23)
Utah receives: DeMar DeRozan, Eric Paschall, 2020 SAS 1st (11), 2021 MIN 1st
Utah moves Rudy Gobert and Joe Ingles for another high volume scorer and two lottery picks. They should have the option to flip the Minnesota pick + ??? later in the season for another difference maker, should they so choose. They have the floor spacing to maximize DeRozan's interior/mid-range game, but will need to find a center after this. They also get Donovan Mitchell's best friend (Paschall).

Golden State trades: Andrew Wiggins, Eric Paschall, 2020 GSW 1st (2), 2021 MIN 1st, 2021 GSW 1st
Golden State receives: Rudy Gobert, Joe Ingles (technically using TPE, would be Joe for 2021 MIN 1st)
Golden State gets the best defensive center in the league and an elite rim-runner + screener, and also adds an elite shooter and PnR playmaker in Joe.

San Antonio trades: 2020 SAS 1st (11), DeMar DeRozan
San Antonio receives: 2020 GSW 1st (2), 2020 UTA 1st (23), 2021 GSW 1st, Andrew Wiggins, Tony Bradley
San Antonio moves DeRozan for Wiggins, which is obviously a loss from a value standpoint, but they also move up from 11 to 2, and add two first round picks. They also add Tony Bradley, who has turned into a very good backup center, and who the LOVED in the draft (so I think this is a plus for them, but he can easily be taken out if they don't see him that way anymore).

Changing things around and inserting us instead of SAS:

Happens after the draft, so the picks are really the rights to the players drafted there.

Utah trades: Rudy Gobert, Joe Ingles
Utah receives: Jonas Valanciunas, Dillon Brooks, Eric Paschall, 2021 MIN 1st, 2021 GSW 1st
Utah moves Rudy Gobert and Joe Ingles for younger but lesser replacements, a lottery pick, and another future 1st. They should have the option to flip the Minnesota pick + ??? later in the season for another difference maker, should they so choose. JV would provide a starting level center though Utah will very much miss Gobert's defense and Brooks can fill Ingles' role off the bench as a 6th man type. They also get Donovan Mitchell's best friend (Paschall). Dieng can be substituted in for JV if Utah prefers.

Golden State trades: Andrew Wiggins, Eric Paschall, 2020 GSW 1st (2), 2021 MIN 1st, 2021 GSW 1st
Golden State receives: Rudy Gobert, Joe Ingles (technically using TPE, would be Joe for 2021 MIN 1st)
Golden State gets the best defensive center in the league and an elite rim-runner + screener, and also adds an elite shooter and PnR playmaker in Joe.

Memphis trades: Jonas Valanciunas, Dillon Brooks
Memphis receives: 2020 GSW 1st (2) Andrew Wiggins
Try to follow this up with the ever popular Wiggins for Horford deal and we are looking good. Horford can replace a chunk of what JV does and if we draft Edwards then hopefully he is a much better version of Dillon for us. We also can trade down from #2. My ideal trade would be a deal with Detroit if they'd offer up a lightly protected future 1st but it is hard to see them going for that given how bad they'll likely be next season.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#275 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:50 pm

VCfor3 wrote:babyjax13's idea from the Trades board:
Spoiler:

Utah trades: Rudy Gobert, Tony Bradley, Joe Ingles, 2020 UTA 1st (23)
Utah receives: DeMar DeRozan, Eric Paschall, 2020 SAS 1st (11), 2021 MIN 1st
Utah moves Rudy Gobert and Joe Ingles for another high volume scorer and two lottery picks. They should have the option to flip the Minnesota pick + ??? later in the season for another difference maker, should they so choose. They have the floor spacing to maximize DeRozan's interior/mid-range game, but will need to find a center after this. They also get Donovan Mitchell's best friend (Paschall).

San Antonio trades: 2020 SAS 1st (11), DeMar DeRozan
San Antonio receives: 2020 GSW 1st (2), 2020 UTA 1st (23), 2021 GSW 1st, Andrew Wiggins, Tony Bradley
San Antonio moves DeRozan for Wiggins, which is obviously a loss from a value standpoint, but they also move up from 11 to 2, and add two first round picks. They also add Tony Bradley, who has turned into a very good backup center, and who the LOVED in the draft (so I think this is a plus for them, but he can easily be taken out if they don't see him that way anymore).

Changing things around and inserting us instead of SAS:

Utah trades: Rudy Gobert, Joe Ingles
Utah receives: Jonas Valanciunas, Dillon Brooks, Eric Paschall, 2021 MIN 1st, 2021 GSW 1st
Utah moves Rudy Gobert and Joe Ingles for younger but lesser replacements, a lottery pick, and another future 1st. They should have the option to flip the Minnesota pick + ??? later in the season for another difference maker, should they so choose. JV would provide a starting level center though Utah will very much miss Gobert's defense and Brooks can fill Ingles' role off the bench as a 6th man type. They also get Donovan Mitchell's best friend (Paschall). Dieng can be substituted in for JV if Utah prefers.

Memphis trades: Jonas Valanciunas, Dillon Brooks
Memphis receives: 2020 GSW 1st (2) Andrew Wiggins
Try to follow this up with the ever popular Wiggins for Horford deal and we are looking good. Horford can replace a chunk of what JV does and if we draft Edwards then hopefully he is a much better version of Dillon for us. We also can trade down from #2. My ideal trade would be a deal with Detroit if they'd offer up a lightly protected future 1st but it is hard to see them going for that given how bad they'll likely be next season.

Is the fact that both Gobert & Ingles are expiring part of the appeal for GS in this deal?. If that's the case Knicks could out right absorb Wiggins into their cap space for that pick value. Not to mention I think Mitch is as good as Gobert as a defender, rim runner but is cheaper & under control, where GS could cheaply retain his value apposed to losing Gobert to free agency.

GS is basically trading a number 2 pick, potential late first & a good young big man for an expiring Gobert, possibly with the intent to dump Wiggins long term commitment.

I think GS would be better off trying to trade Wiggins into the Knicks cap space, which will also save them money this year. I'd imagine Knicks would gladly take Wiggins into cap space to net the young shooting bigman, #2 (Wiseman/Ball), GS 2021. Maybe also allowing them to keep #8.

Is Babyjax a Utah fan?. IMO, Utah make out like bandits..

Spurs net 3 late picks for a more expensive, long term & worse version of Derozan.

Horford is an older version of 3J, he won't replace Jonas screening ability, post game & rebounding but with Jonas not fitting the teams timeline, it would be a trade worth the #2 pick for Memphis.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#276 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:18 pm

I read on the GS board that Suns would like to shed salary to keep Bayne & or sign FVV.

Salary dump +10 for cap space.

Trade 1

Philly trade - (Horford, Richardson, 2020 #21) for (CP3)

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Anderson, (Oubre or Richardson)) 2 young wings, 31m expiring value, 40m savings.

Suns trade - (Oubre, #10) for (Allen, #21, 13m cap space)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Anderson, Allen) for (Horford, (Oubre or Richardson), #10, Houston 2024)

Trade 2

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2) for (Horford, (Oubre or Richardson), GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Horford, Oubre or Richardson, GS 2024) for (Wiggins, #2)

Overall Memphis trade (Dieng, (Anderson or Winslow), Allen, GS 2024) for (Wiggins, #2, #10, Houston 2024)
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#277 » by VCfor3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:38 pm

Whole Truth wrote:I read on the GS board that Suns would like to shed salary to keep Bayne & or sign FVV.

Trade 1

OKC trade - (CP3, Houston 2024) for (Dieng, Anderson, (Oubre or Richardson)) 2 young wings, 31m expiring value, 40m savings.

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Anderson, Allen) for (Horford, (Oubre or Richardson), #10, Houston 2024)

Trade 2

Overall Memphis trade (Dieng, (Anderson or Winslow), Allen, GS 2024) for (Wiggins, #2, #10, Houston 2024)

Suns say no in trade 1 and I think GSW would say no to Trade 2. I think they'd have better offers for #2.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#278 » by Whole Truth » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:15 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:I read on the GS board that Suns would like to shed salary to keep Bayne & or sign FVV.

Trade 1

Trade 2

Suns say no in trade 1 and I think GSW would say no to Trade 2. I think they'd have better offers for #2.

From GS' board - "So I forget where I read it but heard a rumor in regards to the Warriors and Phoenix.

The writer said that Phoenix wants to free up some money to try and bring in a bigger free agent. They are loaded with small forwards and may be interested in Kelly Oubre to the Warriors.

The trade proposed was Oubre and 10 for our TPE......WHAT?"

Suns want to shed salary to retain Baynes & target FVV in free agency. This is the same team that dumped Warren for nothing.

As for GS in this deal re route the #10 pick

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2) for (Horford, Oubre, #10, GS 2024)

GS sure up their front court with Horford, net their 2way SF Oubre, #10 without using the 17m TPE & get back control of their 2024.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#279 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:55 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

Trade 1

Trade 2

From GS' board - "So I forget where I read it but heard a rumor in regards to the Warriors and Phoenix.

The writer said that Phoenix wants to free up some money to try and bring in a bigger free agent. They are loaded with small forwards and may be interested in Kelly Oubre to the Warriors.

The trade proposed was Oubre and 10 for our TPE......WHAT?"

Suns want to shed salary to retain Baynes & target FVV in free agency. This is the same team that dumped Warren for nothing.

As for GS in this deal re route the #10 pick

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2) for (Horford, Oubre, #10, GS 2024)

GS sure up their front court with Horford, net their 2way SF Oubre, #10 without using the 17m TPE & get back control of their 2024.

Oubre is a good player. I'd be surprised if PHX is trying purely to get rid of him, especially if they are trying to attach assets to make it happen. I guess the one kind of exception is if they have FVV coming but have to clear space and have no other option.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#280 » by Whole Truth » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:06 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Oubre is a good player. I'd be surprised if PHX is trying purely to get rid of him, especially if they are trying to attach assets to make it happen. I guess the one kind of exception is if they have FVV coming but have to clear space and have no other option.

Suns went on their best run of the season with Oubre out. He's expiring & facing a considerable commitment. If Suns have no intent on giving him money moving forward or think they'll lose him to free agency & have a preference to resign Baynes who IMO was more integral to their success than him, then they have a need to shed his salary. That's not even including who they might want to target as a free agent as part of their rumored interest (FVV ?).

What did GS give up for that same 17m trade exception because they had a need to shed salary for Russel?. Iggy, who was more integral to their success over the years than Oubre is & will be to the Suns along with arguably the value of a much better pick in 2024. Though on the wrong side of his career, Iggy also still had player value in trade where several contenders if they had the financial means would have targeted him in a subsequent trade.

Value is not static, its related to want, need & perception. What you value highly, someone else might not. A struggling team financially, will give up player value, purely to save money. That was the idea behind OKC moving CP3 in this Covid economy where they in the past dumped Harden in order to resign Ibaka to avoid the expense of keeping both.

It's basically what the Suns did last year giving up Warren for basically nothing, Josh + to obtain Rubio in free agency.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies