ImageImageImageImageImage

Buck's Boycott

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#21 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:31 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Us and the Lakers voted to end the season now. Lame.

Still might just be a symbolic gesture.

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#22 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 am

Dame Lillard's comment at the bottomImage
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#23 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 am

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:My main issue with the boycott is that the NBA has no control over the justice system. The most that can really be done is convincing the owners to start funding certain political causes, but that still doesn't guarantee anything changes. Ultimately, I just don't see what this accomplishes longterm.
Couldn't agree more. It does nothing other than irritate fans who went without sports for 4 months and now they're disappearing again.

America might be about BLM-ed out.

Tucker Carlson ratings--4.33 million https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-liberal-duckworth-1234734035/

NBA Playoff ratings--1.875 million https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/nba-playoff-ratings-down

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

https://lidblog.com/violent-crime-driving-trumps-approval/

The latest Zogby Analytics poll just shared with Secrets had Trump’s approval at 52%. “The president has recorded his best job approval rating on record,” said pollster Jonathan Zogby.

What’s more, his approval rating among minorities was solid and, in the case of African Americans, shockingly high. Zogby said 36% of blacks approve of the president, as do 37% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians.

Approval among independent voters is also up, to 44%. And “intriguingly,” said Zogby, 23% of Democrats approve of Trump.

Jonathan Zogby said the riots in cities such as Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon, are pushing urban voters to Trump.

“Another factor continuing to help the president’s high approval rating is a rise in crime in our nation’s biggest cities. Unlike a year ago, the president is performing well with voters in large cities. It’s highly likely he is benefiting from the uptick in violence. His law-and-order message is resonating with urban voters at the moment,” said the analysis.

What does this all mean? First, it seems that the President’s law and order message is working and is slowly expanding his base. Secondly, all those naysayers who claim that Joe Biden has a huge lead in this race are wrong. This is a close election and will continue to be tight through election day only just 68 days away.

NBA ratings have been dipping since before the pandemic, which is why they changed the all star game. I'm sure the pandemic also plays into the numbers.

You're quoting right wing stuff, I'm going to assume you're right wing. In any case, I'd like to see trump gone and we get a proper president. Blue or red. Someone competent.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:09 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Dame Lillard's comment at the bottomImage

Mann said the same thing. Sounds like reporters are making stuff up.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#25 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:11 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Couldn't agree more. It does nothing other than irritate fans who went without sports for 4 months and now they're disappearing again.

Tucker Carlson ratings--4.33 million https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-liberal-duckworth-1234734035/

NBA Playoff ratings--1.875 million https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/nba-playoff-ratings-down

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

The latest Zogby Analytics poll just shared with Secrets had Trump’s approval at 52%. “The president has recorded his best job approval rating on record,” said pollster Jonathan Zogby.

What’s more, his approval rating among minorities was solid and, in the case of African Americans, shockingly high. Zogby said 36% of blacks approve of the president, as do 37% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians.

Approval among independent voters is also up, to 44%. And “intriguingly,” said Zogby, 23% of Democrats approve of Trump.

Jonathan Zogby said the riots in cities such as Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon, are pushing urban voters to Trump.

“Another factor continuing to help the president’s high approval rating is a rise in crime in our nation’s biggest cities. Unlike a year ago, the president is performing well with voters in large cities. It’s highly likely he is benefiting from the uptick in violence. His law-and-order message is resonating with urban voters at the moment,” said the analysis.

What does this all mean? First, it seems that the President’s law and order message is working and is slowly expanding his base. Secondly, all those naysayers who claim that Joe Biden has a huge lead in this race are wrong. This is a close election and will continue to be tight through election day only just 68 days away.

NBA ratings have been dipping since before the pandemic, which is why they changed the all star game. I'm sure the pandemic also plays into the numbers.

You're quoting right wing stuff, I'm going to assume you're right wing. In any case, I'd like to see trump gone and we get a proper president. Blue or red. Someone competent.

Zogby is liberal. Please don't ever pull this garbage stunt again. And I don't care what you think about President Trump so please keep that garbage out of here too.

This was a statistical analysis of how BLM etc. is faring with the American public. There is evidence that this BLM-NBA stuff is helping to re-elect President Trump. And now tonight they are doubling down.

Brother Quake gets it. We've agreed on little over the years but he's laughing at all this too.

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:America might be about BLM-ed out.

"might be"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

You quoted me but I don't see anything that you've written if you written anything.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:25 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

Zogby is liberal. Please don't ever pull this garbage stunt again. And I don't care what you think about Trump so please keep that garbage out of here too.

This was a statistical analysis of how BLM etc. is faring with the American public. There is evidence that this BLM-NBA stuff is helping to re-elect President Trump. And now tonight they are doubling down.

Brother Quake gets it. We've agreed on little over the years but he's laughing at this too.

It's not a stunt and Clearly, you're a trump supporter which is probably why you're annoyed. America is tired of BLM politics but they're watching Tucker Carlson...Right lol :lol:

Tucker Carlon has a dedicated viewership. The nba was going down pre-pandemic and going down as a result of the pandemic and games during the mid day as your link quoted. But spin the narrative anyone you want to lol

Your opinion nor quake has any basis on fact. Its an opinion, which you both are entitled to.

You don't care to hear it but I'll say it anyway. TRUMP IS TRASH. 8-)
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#28 » by nickhx2 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:51 am

i think if you replaced trash with a flaming pile of dogcrap you'd be closer in your assessment
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#29 » by nickhx2 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:55 am

maybe even that doesn't work cause dog poop doesn't try to kill the dog that it was created from.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:02 am

nickhx2 wrote:i think if you replaced trash with a flaming pile of dogcrap you'd be closer in your assessment

He's terrible.

I'm not a conservative, but I have friends that are conservative that worked on a certain republican candidate's campaign to get elected. They were flabbergasted that trump won the primary. There are several republicans that think he's a goof.

The guy is the most incompetent president ever and the most fascist one to date. Never seen this country so divided like this in my lifetime. This is historic incompetence. We're going to be in classroom books with the whole pandemic, protests, riots, civil unrest and all this stuff.

We need a president that makes america whole again(for the most part anyway) I'm not sure the other candidates are picture perfect candidates for that either, but at least they're not incompetent
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:28 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:I'll admit that being white, I'm sure I don't understand dealing w racism the way a black person may.
But these guys boycotting games, refusing to play, demanding change etc don't actually do anything about it. They just say they want change then go comfortably kick it in their multi million dollar mansions.
I'm about ready to move to Europe or some **** though. The USA is embarrassing on so many levels lol

My main issue with the boycott is that the NBA has no control over the justice system. The most that can really be done is convincing the owners to start funding certain political causes, but that still doesn't guarantee anything changes. Ultimately, I just don't see what this accomplishes longterm.
Couldn't agree more. It does nothing other than irritate fans who went without sports for 4 months and now they're disappearing again.

With all due respect, F-ck the fans.

They'll get in order sooner or later. If the fans want something done, then put pressure on the local gvts to do something about it.

I'm disappointed about basketball but it is what it is. I support the players. Gotta stand up for something sometimes

I'm sure there's a portion that just want to go home and tired of being in the bubble too. I sympathize with those guys but if people are upset about the politics, I'm all for that most importantly over my amusement at them hooping.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#32 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:01 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:NBA ratings have been dipping since before the pandemic, which is why they changed the all star game. I'm sure the pandemic also plays into the numbers.

Zogby is liberal. Please don't ever pull this garbage stunt again. And I don't care what you think about Trump so please keep that garbage out of here too.

Brother Quake gets it. We've agreed on little over the years but he's laughing at this too.

It's not a stunt and Clearly, you're a trump supporter which is probably why you're annoyed. America is tired of BLM politics but they're watching Tucker Carlson...Right lol :lol:

Tucker Carlon has a dedicated viewership. The nba was going down pre-pandemic and going down as a result of the pandemic and games during the mid day as your link quoted. But spin the narrative anyone you want to lol

Your opinion nor quake has any basis on fact. Its an opinion, which you both are entitled to.

I'm annoyed because you've poisoned the discussion. We were discussing the current situation at arm's length, very respectfully. It will be ironic if this helps re-elect President Trump. The joke will be on them.

Personally I think if the players played and donated their earnings to whatever cause they thought would be constructive I would respect that. Boycotts are negative. I do not believe they achieve anything positive. At best they are blackmail even if they do "accomplish" something. I think blackmail sucks.

President Trump has NOTHING to do with these tragedies. Same stuff happened when President Obama was president. Michael Brown. Eric Garner.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

It's not a stunt and Clearly, you're a trump supporter which is probably why you're annoyed. America is tired of BLM politics but they're watching Tucker Carlson...Right lol

I'm annoyed because you've poisoned the discussion. We were discussing the current situation at arm's length, very respectfully. It will be ironic if this helps re-elect President Trump. The joke will be on them.

Personally I think if the players played and donated their earnings to whatever cause they thought would be constructive I would respect that. Boycotts are negative. I do not believe they achieve anything positive. At best they are blackmail even if they do "accomplish" something. I think blackmail sucks.

President Trump has NOTHING to do with these tragedies. Same stuff happened when President Obama was president. Michael Brown. Eric Garner.
Imagine thinking protests are blackmail. Man that's wild

Trump's response to these protests have been poor and looks to antogonize the left. Instead of looking to quell social unrest, he incites it!

You can defend your president all you want but I hope he gets voted out Nov! He's trash!

I'll leave it there.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#34 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:27 am

Brother Quake gets it. We've agreed on little over the years but he's laughing at all this too.

Quake Griffin wrote:

"might be"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:55 am

esqtvd wrote:Brother Quake gets it. We've agreed on little over the years but he's laughing at all this too.

Quake Griffin wrote:

"might be"
If fans are tired then think of the people who live through it.

In essence, tough ****. You'll get over it. If they can try to get the owners to do anything, now is the time. If not, it was worth the effort anyway. Change is never comfortable.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#36 » by NickP » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:05 pm

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Us and the Lakers voted to end the season now. Lame.

Still might just be a symbolic gesture.

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

I heard this morning that LeBron James is spearheading this. Yes when the NBA playoffs loses to Tucker Carlson it says something. It says people are already tuning the NBA out. Last time I checked, the average NBA player needs his salary to keep going. A boycott is not a great option for most of them.
Also, take away the NBA playoffs and what platform does any other NBA player besides LeBron have? Yeah they can March all day long but who is listening to them?
Maybe there are Trump NBA fans watching these games, watching Charles and Shaq, getting some messaging out to them? But not playing means alienating your fan base who in these trying times are looking for some release.
And LeBron, where were you when Daryl Morey was supporting Hong Kong? Lebum called him uneducated? Why because all LeBron was thinking of was a China NBA boycott? Where his **** is sold?
I'll never listen to a joker like LeBron or a political organization like BLM. Yeah I'm BLMed out.
"Black Life Matters"!
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#37 » by NickP » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 pm

NippySudz wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i think if you replaced trash with a flaming pile of dogcrap you'd be closer in your assessment

He's terrible.

I'm not a conservative, but I have friends that are conservative that worked on a certain republican candidate's campaign to get elected. They were flabbergasted that trump won the primary. There are several republicans that think he's a goof.

The guy is the most incompetent president ever and the most fascist one to date. Never seen this country so divided like this in my lifetime. This is historic incompetence. We're going to be in classroom books with the whole pandemic, protests, riots, civil unrest and all this stuff.

We need a president that makes america whole again(for the most part anyway) I'm not sure the other candidates are picture perfect candidates for that either, but at least they're not incompetent

Been reading your takes on the issue and two things stood out. "Fcuk the fans" and "A president needs to make us whole again".
Ask MLB how fcuk the fans turned out. They're still playing to empty stadiums.
I know you're going to take my following take as "pro Trump" and which is fine. But I have supported every Democratic candidate since I was of legal voting age. I have even made small political contributions to president Obama.
Now, I didn't see any criminal or police reforms that came out in his tenure. You say Trump is fanning the flames but what did Obama do? He too rushed to judgement many times inciting riots and unrest.
What gun control reform did he pass? Why wasn't BLM a big deal back then? Why weren't NBA players boycotting back then? Weren't innocent black lives being lost to police brutality back then?
I question the motive of someone like LeBron who's always thinking of money. Promoting his brand. He knows that if the NBA season ends today then only his popular voice will be heard. You honestly believe that someone like Van Vleet will have that platform? Do people even know who he is?
LeBron is constantly promoting his brand. Where was he when Hong Kong was burning? He called Darryl Morey uneducated. He didn't want to piss China off.
The season needs to go on and guys like Van Vleet should know that once this season ends, so does their voice because outside the bubble no one knows them.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#38 » by Kelphus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Unless you've had to worry about being pulled over by police;
Unless you've had to teach your son if you get pulled over don't move your hands, keep them on the wheel;
If you've never had police pull guns on you from the getgo;
Unless you have never had law enforcement eye you suspiciously;
Unless you've ever been afraid of the law enforcement which is supposed to be protecting you;

How dare anyone say we are "BLM'ed out"

A guy was shot in the freaking back seven times in front of his kids. And no weapon. And not a felon or other dangerous person.

But apparently he was presumed to be dangerous because of his skin color.

Until you really understand what it's like, shut up. Go talk to a Black friend and ask some questions. You might learn something.
You might get very upset to realize what you've not been understanding, what you've been oblivious to your whole white middle class life.

Black Lives Matter.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:22 pm

NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

He's terrible.

Been reading your takes on the issue and two things stood out. "Fcuk the fans" and "A president needs to make us whole again".
Ask MLB how fcuk the fans turned out. They're still playing to empty stadiums.
I know you're going to take my following take as "pro Trump" and which is fine. But I have supported every Democratic candidate since I was of legal voting age. I have even made small political contributions to president Obama.
Now, I didn't see any criminal or police reforms that came out in his tenure. You say Trump is fanning the flames but what did Obama do? He too rushed to judgement many times inciting riots and unrest.
What gun control reform did he pass? Why wasn't BLM a big deal back then? Why weren't NBA players boycotting back then? Weren't innocent black lives being lost to police brutality back then?
I question the motive of someone like LeBron who's always thinking of money. Promoting his brand. He knows that if the NBA season ends today then only his popular voice will be heard. You honestly believe that someone like Van Vleet will have that platform? Do people even know who he is?
LeBron is constantly promoting his brand. Where was he when Hong Kong was burning? He called Darryl Morey uneducated. He didn't want to piss China off.
The season needs to go on and guys like Van Vleet should know that once this season ends, so does their voice because outside the bubble no one knows them.

I acknowledge obama didn't do enough to combat gun control or even affect the police brutality. I even acknowledge I think Biden/Harris aren't the ideal candidates. They're centrist democrats that want to keep more of the status quo. I'm no fool to think they'll do much for the american people. I'm not a fan of them personally

But what they are, they're at least competent. **** is not gonna be falling completely off the rails like it is now.

The owners have political sway in this country. They spend millions of dollars lobbying. Who cares about the fans right now. You don't like they're inconveniencing you for something they believe in, don't watch it. You don't like that some are using their voice to promote their image as being politically conscious, then don't watch it. Right now, its just a small inconvenience. Basketball will be back sooner than later. I want to watch basketball . I don't want to see the season canceled. But if it does, it does. f-ck it. I can accept it. It's worth the risk/effort than doing NOTHING.

Last Time I checked, LeBron didn't spark this. George Hill did. Milwaukee did and the players responded accordingly.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Kelphus wrote:Unless you've had to worry about being pulled over by police;
Unless you've had to teach your son if you get pulled over don't move your hands, keep them on the wheel;
If you've never had police pull guns on you from the getgo;
Unless you have never had law enforcement eye you suspiciously;
Unless you've ever been afraid of the law enforcement which is supposed to be protecting you;

How dare anyone say we are "BLM'ed out"

A guy was shot in the freaking back seven times in front of his kids. And no weapon. And not a felon or other dangerous person.

But apparently he was presumed to be dangerous because of his skin color.

Until you really understand what it's like, shut up. Go talk to a Black friend and ask some questions. You might learn something.
You might get very upset to realize what you've not been understanding, what you've been oblivious to your whole white middle class life.

Black Lives Matter.

"mUH SpOrts!" is what I'm hearing now. When its violence and riots, its why don't they protest. When its peaceful, its not the appropriate time. So when is the appropriate time? Never. :lol:

Let the players do what they think is right.

Every election we're told voting out the jerks will fix the issues. It never does. Well, if voting doesn't help, maybe a strike/boycott will. Lets see how that goes.

Its worth the risk.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers