ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election (All Serious POVs Welcome)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who are you voting for?

Donald Trump
28%
Joe Biden
60%
Howie Hawkins
4%
Jo Jorgensen
3%
Kanye West
6%

Total votes: 105

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,592

2020 Presidential Election (All Serious POVs Welcome) 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:09 am

Other thread is a little one sided. And you can tell some of our more right leaning members shy away from that thread. Which kind of makes sense it's titled "Democratic Primary Thread".

But one party doesn't decide an election. So I would love to have some serious political discussions with all our members.

Please be rational and serious, and stay away from name calling and baiting. Otherwise, mods are going to end up getting a bunch of reports and end up just locking the thread. Don't be the reason please.

If you tend to get emotional, I suggest you use the ignore feature.

Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,637

Re: 2020 Presidential Election (All Serious POVs Welcome) 

Post#2 » by mpharris36 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:20 am

Spoiler:
in all seriousness behave everyone!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,164

Post#3 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:38 am

I dont really do politics but Joe Biden seems like a wack ass option

But anybody better than Trump
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:10 am

Can we skip this election? Like, just go the next four years without one, and let's see what happens. If things get worse, we'll try the president thing again. If lives generally get better, let's remove the position.

That being said, voted for Kanye. Honestly can't be much worse than what's currently available or already in place.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#5 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:12 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I dont really do politics but Joe Biden seems like a wack ass option

I wanted Tulsi. If Biden had picked her as VP I would jump on board with him. Chances are Biden is going to be mentally incapacitated soon, so Tulsi would've taken over.
RIP, magnumt '19

omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#6 » by omerome » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 am

I still don't understand how voting for someone who doesn't have a chance to win would help this situation we're in. Biden isn't a great choice, I get it. But I would take vomit over toxic waste any day. Because dealing with vomit is easier than trying to clean up Chernobyl.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#7 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:27 am

br7knicks wrote:Can we skip this election? Like, just go the next four years without one, and let's see what happens. If things get worse, we'll try the president thing again. If lives generally get better, let's remove the position.

That being said, voted for Kanye. Honestly can't be much worse than what's currently available or already in place.

Jared Kushner has spent everyday on the phone with Kanye.

Kanye is the Trump campaigns attempt to get you to not vote for Biden.

If you really voted for Kanye, not only did you just vote for Trump, you also disrespected the value of your vote.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#8 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:35 am

br7knicks wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I dont really do politics but Joe Biden seems like a wack ass option

I wanted Tulsi. If Biden had picked her as VP I would jump on board with him. Chances are Biden is going to be mentally incapacitated soon, so Tulsi would've taken over.

I love her in more ways than 1. The DNC is already trying to blacklist her. To not have her speak at the convention is a travesty. I'll never support either party.. eff that.
br7knicks

Post#9 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I love her in more ways than 1. The DNC is already trying to blacklist her. To not have her speak at the convention is a travesty. I'll never support either party.. eff that.

To completely keep her out and away from the party should be embarrassing for them. She's reasonable and smart enough, for people like me, to have swung people that hate Trump, but don't like biden, to some good change that we need.
RIP, magnumt '19

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#10 » by Knick4Real » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:21 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
br7knicks wrote:Can we skip this election? Like, just go the next four years without one, and let's see what happens. If things get worse, we'll try the president thing again. If lives generally get better, let's remove the position.

If you really voted for Kanye, not only did you just vote for Trump, you also disrespected the value of your vote.

EXACTLY CORRECT!!

Anybody who is so affected that the'd vote for Kanye might as well stay home and avoid the crowds.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#11 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:27 am

Knick4Real wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

EXACTLY CORRECT!!

Anybody who is so affected that the'd vote for Kanye might as well stay home and avoid the crowds.

On the actual candidate level, I'm stunned that anyone would vote for Kanye who is mentally ill. I think you have be kind of imbalanced yourself to think that's a cool move to vote for Kanye.

It is indicative of the level of the debased discourse of this country that people don't even know they are voting for Trump when they vote for Kanye which should be blindingly obvious if you bothered to read just a little.

If people are so nihilistic that they equally hate Trump and the Democrats then America is doomed if that has become the new swing voter who will blithely throw away their vote on Kanye West. Truly pathetic
br7knicks

Post#12 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:30 am

Knick4Real wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

EXACTLY CORRECT!!

:banghead: :lol:

Lol neither of you could tell the obvious sarcasm.

Resorting to insults is nice, though, you two

So much for POVs welcome :D
RIP, magnumt '19

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#13 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:35 am

br7knicks wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

EXACTLY CORRECT!!

:banghead: :lol:

Lol neither of you could tell the obvious sarcasm.

Resorting to insults is nice, though, you two

Hold up a second there.

If you were being sarcastic, then we were not insulting you because then you didn't vote for Kanye West. And that would mean you may also agree that voting for Kanye is a ludicrous thing to do

So I said IF you had voted for him, that would be pathetic. I wrote:

I wrote IF. Which gave you the opportunity to tell us you were joking or didn't vote for him

This was your post

The first paragraph sounds loopy, thus sarcastic, but then you shifted tone by saying you actually voted for Kanye. You didn't say you may as well have.

Anyway, if you didn't, that's good.

I stand by everything I wrote, because anybody who does vote for Kanye West should be humiliated and embarrassed
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#14 » by Kampuchea » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:05 am

Bernie write in.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#15 » by Gravy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:12 am

br7knicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

To completely keep her out and away from the party should be embarrassing for them. She's reasonable and smart enough, for people like me, to have swung people that hate Trump, but don't like biden, to some good change that we need.

I dont follow politics hardcore so I'm out of the loop. Why does the DNC not like Tulsi?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#16 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:26 am

Gravy wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

I dont follow politics hardcore so I'm out of the loop. Why does the DNC not like Tulsi?

She went to war against her own party. Not in the AOC style I call BS kind of critiques, but actual war.

She has well known political affiliations with Assad and Modi.

Most of her attacks are similar or identical to the same memes generated by Russian troll farms and the Alt Right.

If you want to see how FOS she is, read this:

Gabbard voted "present" when the House of Representatives voted to impeach President Trump in December 2019, saying, "I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing. I could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting president must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country."

She's duplicitous and opportunistic and has zero loyalty to the Democratic Party so she doesn't get a seat at the table. Tough chit
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#17 » by Pointgod » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:34 am

Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#18 » by Pointgod » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:38 am

Read on Twitter
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#19 » by Gravy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:46 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Gravy wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

She went to war against her own party. Not in the AOC style I call BS kind of critiques, but actual war.

She has well known political affiliations with Assad and Modi.

Most of her attacks are similar or identical to the same memes generated by Russian troll farms and the Alt Right.

If you want to see how FOS she is, read this:

Gabbard voted "present" when the House of Representatives voted to impeach President Trump in December 2019, saying, "I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing. I could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting president must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country."

She's duplicitous and opportunistic and has zero loyalty to the Democratic Party so she doesn't get a seat at the table. Tough chit

Gotcha. thnx
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#20 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:49 am

Gravy wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

On January 22, 2013, Gabbard was unanimously elected to a four-year term as vice chair of the Democratic National Committee.[139] In September 2015 she criticized chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz's decision to hold only six debates during the 2016 Democratic Party presidential primaries, compared with 26 in 2008 and 15 in 2004,[140][141] and to exclude from all future DNC-sanctioned debates any candidate who participated in a non-DNC sanctioned debate. Gabbard released a statement about the debate controversy in a Facebook post in 2015:[142][143]
Following her public criticisms of the debate process, Gabbard was reported to have been either "disinvited" or asked to "consider not coming" to the October 13, 2015 Democratic debate in Las Vegas.[144][better source needed] In an interview with The New York Times, she spoke of an unhealthy atmosphere, saying, "no one told me I would be relinquishing my freedom of speech and checking it at the door" in taking the job.[145] Gabbard privately wrote to Wasserman Schultz, accusing her of violating the DNC's duty of neutrality by favoring Hillary Clinton. This letter later became public in leaked emails published by WikiLeaks.[146][147]
Gabbard resigned as DNC vice chair on February 28, 2016, in order to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for the nomination for President of the United States.[148][149] She was the first congresswoman to endorse Sanders[149] and later gave the nominating speech putting his name forward at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.[150]
In July 2016, Gabbard launched a petition to end the Democratic Party's process of appointing superdelegates in the nomination process.[151] She endorsed Keith Ellison for DNC chair in the 2017 chairmanship elections.[152]
Gabbard was assigned as Bernie Sanders's running mate in California for any write-in votes for Sanders.[153] Shortly after the election, she was mentioned as a possible presidential candidate for 2020.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard

Return to New York Knicks