ImageImageImage

Hire Nate McMillan?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#1 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm

He would be a great defensive asst coach. Sometimes it's not just the roster, we need a great defensive coaching staff to organize our defense. If Ryan Saunder experiments fails. We can always let Nate McMillan take over as headcoach. He has done a good job with the pacers these past few seasons.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#2 » by Neeva » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Can’t we just get D’antoni, beat the pacers to the punch.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#3 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:37 pm

Neeva wrote:Can’t we just get D’antoni, beat the pacers to the punch.

lol he's gonna end up trading towns..he prefers small ball lineups and all his team does is shoot 3s and 0 defense. No thanks.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#4 » by minimus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:41 pm

No. He is a mediocre coach
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#5 » by KGdaBom » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:43 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
Neeva wrote:Can’t we just get D’antoni, beat the pacers to the punch.

lol he's gonna end up trading towns..he prefers small ball lineups and all his team does is shoot 3s and 0 defense. No thanks.

D'Antoni wouldn't have the authority to trade KAT and I don't think he'd want to as KAT is the best 3 point shooting Center in NBA history.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#6 » by shrink » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:11 pm

KAT says he’s happy and he has the coach he wants in Ryan Saunders.

If this is true, I don’t see a coaching change.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#7 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:46 pm

shrink wrote:KAT says he’s happy and he has the coach he wants in Ryan Saunders.

Ryan Saunders proved that he doesn't know what he was doing whatsoever in his first full season as Head Coach. We haven't fired him yet. However, if we still suck halfway through this season we consider firing him.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#8 » by TheProdigy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:41 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:KAT says he’s happy and he has the coach he wants in Ryan Saunders.

Ryan Saunders proved that he doesn't know what he was doing whatsoever in his first full season as Head Coach. We haven't fired him yet. However, if we still suck halfway through this season we consider firing him.

Our best player was hurt for most of the season and the roster was almost completely turned over at the trade deadline. What exactly were you expecting? I'm not saying that Saunders is a good coach, I just don't think there is enough evidence yet to say one way or the other...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#9 » by shrink » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:12 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Our best player was hurt for most of the season and the roster was almost completely turned over at the trade deadline. What exactly were you expecting? I'm not saying that Saunders is a good coach, I just don't think there is enough evidence yet to say one way or the other...

This is not my area, but I agree. Saunders was ordered by Rosas to install this new system, regardless of who we were matching up against, whether it won games or not. Even though it probably doesn’t help his career with the losses, Saunders has been completely loyal to Rosas and the system.

Now, we may never know how much control Saunders had to change course when it was needed. What we do know though is that Towns and the younger players like him, and he has changed the culture after Thibs.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#10 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:07 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

I can't believe the excuses people continuously make for Saunders. He didn't have legit credentials to be a HC in the first place. He had a far worse winning percentage than Thibs after he took over for Thibs and he coached us to the third worst record in the NBA last year. He never should have been hired in the first place and the sooner he is fired the sooner we can move forward as a basketball team.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#11 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:08 pm

shrink wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Ryan Saunders proved that he doesn't know what he was doing whatsoever in his first full season as Head Coach. We haven't fired him yet. However, if we still suck halfway through this season we consider firing him.

This is not my area, but I agree. Saunders was ordered by Rosas to install this new system, regardless of who we were matching up against, whether it won games or not. Even though it probably doesn’t help his career with the losses, Saunders has been completely loyal to Rosas and the system.

Now, we may never know how much control Saunders had to change course when it was needed. What we do know though is that Towns and the younger players like him, and he has changed the culture after Thibs.

He didn't have anywhere close to HC credentials when he was hired. He got the job through nepotism. He's probably the worst HC in the NBA.
minimus
RealGM

Post#12 » by minimus » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:52 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:Our best player was hurt for most of the season and the roster was almost completely turned over at the trade deadline. What exactly were you expecting? I'm not saying that Saunders is a good coach, I just don't think there is enough evidence yet to say one way or the other...

He didn't have anywhere close to HC credentials when he was hired. He got the job through nepotism. He's probably the worst HC in the NBA.

Hate, hate, hate.
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#13 » by TheProdigy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:22 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:Our best player was hurt for most of the season and the roster was almost completely turned over at the trade deadline. What exactly were you expecting? I'm not saying that Saunders is a good coach, I just don't think there is enough evidence yet to say one way or the other...

He may have gotten his first assistant coach gig through nepotism, but he was selected as head coach by Glen Taylor who has no family relation. That is not nepotism.

He is relatively inexperienced but that doesn't mean he can't succeed. Let's see what he can do next season when he has a healthy roster that fits the system we're trying to run. Until that happens, we have nothing to go off of. Can you imagine if the Spurs would have fired Greg Popovich after his first season as head coach when he had a .266 winning percentage?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:27 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:This is not my area, but I agree. Saunders was ordered by Rosas to install this new system, regardless of who we were matching up against, whether it won games or not. Even though it probably doesn’t help his career with the losses, Saunders has been completely loyal to Rosas and the system.

Hate, hate, hate.

I have nothing personal against him. I've never even met him. My disapproval of his coaching us is based on his lack of credentials and his horrific results as our coach. You have been possibly his single biggest excuse maker.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#15 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:28 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:This is not my area, but I agree. Saunders was ordered by Rosas to install this new system, regardless of who we were matching up against, whether it won games or not. Even though it probably doesn’t help his career with the losses, Saunders has been completely loyal to Rosas and the system.

He may have gotten his first assistant coach gig through nepotism, but he was selected as head coach by Glen Taylor who has no family relation. That is not nepotism.

He is relatively inexperienced but that doesn't mean he can't succeed. Let's see what he can do next season when he has a healthy roster that fits the system we're trying to run. Until that happens, we have nothing to go off of. Can you imagine if the Spurs would have fired Greg Popovich after his first season as head coach when he had a .266 winning percentage?

Nepotism doesn't have to be his dad hiring him. It can be a friend of his dads hiring him. I don't know what Pops credentials were when he was hired.
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#16 » by TheProdigy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:38 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:He didn't have anywhere close to HC credentials when he was hired. He got the job through nepotism. He's probably the worst HC in the NBA.

Nepotism doesn't have to be his dad hiring him. It can be a friend of his dads hiring him. I don't know what Pops credentials were when he was hired.

The word you're thinking of is cronyism.
minimus
RealGM

Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#17 » by minimus » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:He didn't have anywhere close to HC credentials when he was hired. He got the job through nepotism. He's probably the worst HC in the NBA.

Hate, hate, hate.

I have nothing personal against him. I've never even met him. My disapproval of his coaching us is based on his lack of credentials and his horrific results as our coach. You have been possibly his single biggest excuse maker.

Alright, you hate him as coach. It was discussed thousand times before, but you still don't see context, even after getting 1st pick. I might be the biggest Rosas fan on this board, but I am not the only one. Also, you called me lap dog of Rosas, did not you? You can try now, go on reddit MIN board, saying same ridiculous things about Rosas and his HC choice, you will be downvoted pretty quickly. You can also go on reddit and say your ordinary praises to Thibs and your ordinary blames of KAT as a bad leader. Why reddit? Because it is largest MIN fan board, you can be sure that they aren't Rosas lap dogs like me.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#18 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:32 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Hate, hate, hate.

Alright, you hate him as coach. It was discussed thousand times before, but you still don't see context, even after getting 1st pick. I might be the biggest Rosas fan on this board, but I am not the only one. Also, you called me lap dog of Rosas, did not you? You can try now, go on reddit MIN board, saying same ridiculous things about Rosas and his HC choice, you will be downvoted pretty quickly. You can also go on reddit and say your ordinary praises to Thibs and your ordinary blames of KAT as a bad leader. Why reddit? Because it is largest MIN fan board, you can be sure that they aren't Rosas lap dogs like me.

I don't care about getting downvoted or upvoted. Irrelevant. Thibs is a vastly superior coach to Saunders.
You may have been critical of Rosas about something, but I don't recall what it would be.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#19 » by MN7725 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:28 pm

dave joerger

his teams outperformed their vegas wins pretty much every year
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#20 » by Klomp » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:46 am

McMillan would be good for a move to Seattle....he was pretty popular there.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves