Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,717

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#21 » by minimus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I have nothing personal against him. I've never even met him. My disapproval of his coaching us is based on his lack of credentials and his horrific results as our coach. You have been possibly his single biggest excuse maker.

Alright, you hate him as coach. It was discussed thousand times before, but you still don't see context, even after getting 1st pick. I might be the biggest Rosas fan on this board, but I am not the only one. Also, you called me lap dog of Rosas, did not you? You can try now, go on reddit MIN board, saying same ridiculous things about Rosas and his HC choice, you will be downvoted pretty quickly. You can also go on reddit and say your ordinary praises to Thibs and your ordinary blames of KAT as a bad leader. Why reddit? Because it is largest MIN fan board, you can be sure that they aren't Rosas lap dogs like me.

I don't care about getting downvoted or upvoted. Irrelevant. Thibs is a vastly superior coach to Saunders.
You may have been critical of Rosas about something, but I don't recall what it would be.

1) Downvote and upvote are two reality check tools on reddit. As I see, for you reality is irrelevant because you have your opinion on Ryan.

2) I was critical about Rosas not re-signing Tyus Jones. The only move that looked questionable to me at that moment. One year ago it looks much better.

3)
Thibs is a vastly superior coach to Saunders.
:lol:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,529

Post#22 » by shrink » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:17 pm

KGdaBom wrote: Irrelevant. Thibs is a vastly superior coach to Saunders.

I have a hard time accepting this, and it’s not just because of all the commentary about how Thibs’ insistence on his archaic system didn’t fit the modern NBA. (“ICE! ICE!!!”)

The coach is responsible for the morale of the team, and we have many players and ex-players who said how low morale was. I think with the talent on the team, we underperformed. And of course, team moral resulted in the Jimmy Butler explosion, and it’s hard to pass the buck on that one since Thibs was also he GM.

But who knows? Thibs got a new head-coaching job in the NBA, even if he got it from his agent, Leon Rose. Rose also represents Towns, so maybe he knows more about the situation, and doesn’t blame Thibs. I guess we’ll see.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,802

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:55 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Alright, you hate him as coach. It was discussed thousand times before, but you still don't see context, even after getting 1st pick. I might be the biggest Rosas fan on this board, but I am not the only one. Also, you called me lap dog of Rosas, did not you? You can try now, go on reddit MIN board, saying same ridiculous things about Rosas and his HC choice, you will be downvoted pretty quickly. You can also go on reddit and say your ordinary praises to Thibs and your ordinary blames of KAT as a bad leader. Why reddit? Because it is largest MIN fan board, you can be sure that they aren't Rosas lap dogs like me.

I don't care about getting downvoted or upvoted. Irrelevant. Thibs is a vastly superior coach to Saunders.
You may have been critical of Rosas about something, but I don't recall what it would be.

1) Downvote and upvote are two reality check tools on reddit. As I see, for you reality is irrelevant because you have your opinion on Ryan.

2) I was critical about Rosas not re-signing Tyus Jones. The only move that looked questionable to me at that moment. One year ago it looks much better.

3)
Thibs is a vastly superior coach to Saunders.
:lol:

Downvotes or upvotes have nothing to do with reality. I do have my opinion about Saunders. I see you are so close with him you're calling him Ryan. He's HORRIBLE. One of these days though I'll tell you how I really feel. .
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#24 » by Dewey » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Anyone on a chat board believing their opinions and/or evaluation of coaching talent and/or player talent are superior to another’s - is a clown ...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
minimus
RealGM

Post#25 » by minimus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:58 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Downvotes or upvotes have nothing to do with reality.

I thought that voting is a main tool for democracy in US.

KGdaBom wrote: I see you are so close with him you're calling him Ryan.

I am "a bit" older than Ryan, so I write Ryan. At least that sounds logical in my culture. It also shorter than Saunders Jr.

KGdaBom wrote:He's HORRIBLE.

Do you mean he is horrible as a coach based on horrific results? Than Steve Kerr must be on the same level after this season. Do you mean he is horrible as a coach because he lacks credentials? At age 33, Saunders became the youngest head coach in the league, despite having over 10 years of NBA experience under his belt. He is the youngest HC in NBA history, but he does not lack "credentials". As for nepotism, Pat Riley used similar scenario when he chose Eric Spoelstra. Spoelstra has been a part of the Heat coaching staff since 1997, and had worked with Wade extensively as an assistant. He was one of Riley's most trusted guys, and when Spoelstra was hired, Wade gave him a full vote of confidence.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#26 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Dewey wrote:Anyone on a chat board believing their opinions and/or evaluation of coaching talent and/or player talent are superior to another’s - is a clown ...

I believe my opinion on Saunders is better than your's so I'm a clown. Dewey you believe your opinion about "Ryan" is better than mine. So you are a clown.We should join the circus. :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#27 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:05 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Downvotes or upvotes have nothing to do with reality.

I thought that voting is a main tool for democracy in US.

KGdaBom wrote: I see you are so close with him you're calling him Ryan.

I am "a bit" older than Ryan, so I write Ryan. At least that sounds logical in my culture. It also shorter than Saunders Jr.

KGdaBom wrote:He's HORRIBLE.

Do you mean he is horrible as a coach based on horrific results? Than Steve Kerr must be on the same level after this season. Do you mean he is horrible as a coach because he lacks credentials? At age 33, Saunders became the youngest head coach in the league, despite having over 10 years of NBA experience under his belt. He is the youngest HC in NBA history, but he does not lack "credentials". As for nepotism, Pat Riley used similar scenario when he chose Eric Spoelstra. Spoelstra has been a part of the Heat coaching staff since 1997, and had worked with Wade extensively as an assistant. He was one of Riley's most trusted guys, and when Spoelstra was hired, Wade gave him a full vote of confidence.

10 years of mostly if not totally losing experience as a assistant coach of some sort is not HC credentials. Lead assistant on the best staffs in the NBA is good credentials. "Ryan" had all the wrong type of credentials.
Spoelstra had the right type of credentials.
shrink
RealGM

Post#28 » by shrink » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:43 pm

I’m not taking a position on someone’s closeness, but I will mention that I still call him Ryan sometimes, because it will take me a while for “Saunders” to stop meaning “Flip Saunders” to me.

I’ve have ten years under my belt where “Saunders” meant a different person (who I liked), so it is taking me some time.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#29 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:02 pm

shrink wrote:I’m not taking a position on someone’s closeness, but I will mention that I still call him Ryan sometimes, because it will take me a while for “Saunders” to stop meaning “Flip Saunders” to me.

I’ve have ten years under my belt where “Saunders” meant a different person (who I liked), so it is taking me some time.

I was just messing with Minimus. Hopefully he got that. Call him Ryan or Call him Saunders jr, or Baby Flip for all I care. I don't want him coaching my team.
minimus
RealGM

Post#30 » by minimus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:58 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:I’m not taking a position on someone’s closeness, but I will mention that I still call him Ryan sometimes, because it will take me a while for “Saunders” to stop meaning “Flip Saunders” to me.

I was just messing with Minimus. Hopefully he got that. Call him Ryan or Call him Saunders jr, or Baby Flip for all I care. I don't want him coaching my team.

Yeah, I got that. You don't want Ryan coaching this team. Luckily, in terms of basketball decisions, it is Rosas team, and Ryan is our HC. Call him Ryan or Call him Saunders jr, or Baby Flip.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#31 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:33 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Yeah, I got that. You don't want Ryan coaching this team. Luckily, in terms of basketball decisions, it is Rosas team, and Ryan is our HC. Call him Ryan or Call him Saunders jr, or Baby Flip.

No matter what he's called he is the worst coach in the NBA.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#32 » by Dewey » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Dewey wrote:Anyone on a chat board believing their opinions and/or evaluation of coaching talent and/or player talent are superior to another’s - is a clown ...

I believe my opinion on Saunders is better than your's so I'm a clown. Dewey you believe your opinion about "Ryan" is better than mine. So you are a clown.We should join the circus. :D

Yes! And I can’t argue with a word you just said
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,809

Post#33 » by life_saver » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:38 pm

I feel like we should wait and see how Ryan does this season...since Ryan took over, I don't think he ever had much time to work with fully fit team...there have been lot of injuries in the last year and half. Maybe atleast wait till half point of next season....if he still doesn't click, then yeah I don't mind replacing him with McMilan
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#34 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:41 pm

Dewey wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Yes! And I can’t argue with a word you just said

Cool let's both join the same circus. Which one you thinking? :D
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#35 » by Midw35t » Wed Sep 2, 2020 7:30 pm

I'd take Joerger, Atkinson, or McMillan.

I think Ryan Saunders has potential, but he could use another 5 years as an assistant. Hard to go back now though without firing him. So I'd give him one year with this full team, then reassess.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 2, 2020 8:35 pm

Midw35t wrote:I'd take Joerger, Atkinson, or McMillan.

I think Ryan Saunders has potential, but he could use another 5 years as an assistant. Hard to go back now though without firing him. So I'd give him one year with this full team, then reassess.

Joerger was definitely who I wanted.
shrink
RealGM

Post#37 » by shrink » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:33 am

Joerger is a good coach, who gets more wins out of his talent than they deserve.

Unfortunately, he can’t get along with a front office. It’s been so bad that his teams have fired a successful coach.

I think when Glen hires Rosas, it became his team. He’s done a lot of eclectic hires, and he likes to work collaboratively, but I don’t think Joerger can do that when he disagrees with Rosas direction. I would not want this animosity from a coach spilling over to the players. Say what you will about Ryan Saunders as a coach, but he has been completely loyal to Rosas, even when it cost him wins.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#38 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:53 am

we could just hire nate as defensive asst coach...not saying we gotta fire Ryan Saunders lol
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#39 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:28 am

IceManBK1 wrote:we could just hire nate as defensive asst coach...not saying we gotta fire Ryan Saunders lol

We do have to fire Saunders.
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#40 » by Midw35t » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:34 am

KGdaBom wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:we could just hire nate as defensive asst coach...not saying we gotta fire Ryan Saunders lol

We do have to fire Saunders.

I think he deserves this next year. I'd be hard pressed not to jump on Atkinson if he was interested though.

He's my #1 if Rosas doesn't think Saunders is the answer.

I still hold out on believing in Rosas until after this offseason. It will be very telling of him.

I personally do not want to see Rockets version 2 here.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves