Rockets Want NBA To Investigate Dennis Schroder Low Blow On P.J. Tucker Following Ejections

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Want NBA To Investigate Dennis Schroder Low Blow On P.J. Tucker Following Ejections 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:04 am

Dennis Schroder and P.J. Tucker were ejected in the third quarter of the Houston Rockets' 114-80 win over the Oklahoma City in game 5. 

The Rockets took a 3-2 lead in the series.

The incident began with Schroder hitting Tucker during what was eventually deemed an illegal screen. Tucker would then headbutt the back of Schroder's head.

Schroder was given a Flagrant 2, while Tucker was called for a dead-ball technical foul with an ejection.

NBA security questioned Tucker after the game, according to sources.

The Rockets were upset that the league did not investigate Chris Paul's shot against Ben McLemore's groin in game 3.

The team also reportedly wants the league to investigate Schroder's shot against Tucker. 

"First thing was, it was obviously an illegal screen. And it was kind of a bang-bang play. P.J. obviously after the play was over kind of head-butted Dennis, so they certainly had to eject him, and I didn't know if they felt like they needed to eject Dennis because they ejected P.J. But it was a very quick, aggressive play, and I understand with P.J. getting thrown out maybe they felt like Dennis needed to be thrown out," said Billy Donovan after the game. 

Via Royce Young & Tim MacMahon/ESPN

DarkoNeedsAfro
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Re: Rockets Want NBA To Investigate Dennis Schroder Low Blow On P.J. Tucker Following Ejections 

Post#2 » by DarkoNeedsAfro » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:50 am

It was on videotape and he was ejected. Not sure what there is left to investigate.

Should be quite an investigation.

NBA: Dennis, did you mean to do that?

Dennis: No.

NBA: Cool
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Re: Rockets Want NBA To Investigate Dennis Schroder Low Blow On P.J. Tucker Following Ejections 

Post#3 » by Heat_team02 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:15 pm

They could review if there were prior instances of this happening in games and whether it's a deliberate action when encountering a screen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#4 » by popfan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:27 pm

The Rockets continue to un-impress as a basketball organization.
birdlives_ma
Senior
And1: 779

Post#5 » by birdlives_ma » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Honestly.... if Tucker doesn’t wanna get hit in the nuts, he shouldn’t throw his hip into every pick. Dude slid like a foot at the last second. That’s the difference between Schröders arm doing a swim move type thing around the pick, and slamming between Tucker’s legs.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#6 » by BallerTalk » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:07 pm

birdlives_ma wrote:Honestly.... if Tucker doesn’t wanna get hit in the nuts, he shouldn’t throw his hip into every pick. Dude slid like a foot at the last second. That’s the difference between Schröders arm doing a swim move type thing around the pick, and slamming between Tucker’s legs.

This may be one of the most impressive bit of mental gymnastics I've seen here in a while.

The unintentional upward thrust swim move :lol:
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
xam2k7
Junior
And1: 23

Post#7 » by xam2k7 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:37 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
birdlives_ma wrote:Honestly.... if Tucker doesn’t wanna get hit in the nuts, he shouldn’t throw his hip into every pick. Dude slid like a foot at the last second. That’s the difference between Schröders arm doing a swim move type thing around the pick, and slamming between Tucker’s legs.

This may be one of the most impressive bit of mental gymnastics I've seen here in a while.

if youve ever played basketball you would know to "swim" through a pick in basketball you dip your shoulder and rip up through on the screeners hip. very different than a swim in football where you are trying to swim over a blocker who is coming at you lower.
Devils Son
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#8 » by Devils Son » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:03 pm

yall mean to tell me if you running 5’s and someone does to you what Schroeder did to tuck. You ain’t gonna want to throw hands? You gonna accept that as a basketball play with no ill-intent? F*** outta here.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#9 » by BallerTalk » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:10 pm

xam2k7 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

if youve ever played basketball you would know to "swim" through a pick in basketball you dip your shoulder and rip up through on the screeners hip. very different than a swim in football where you are trying to swim over a blocker who is coming at you lower.

What???
No, you don't.

You fight through a pick by moving your feet to crowd the screen and position your hips above the screener. Basketball 101.
The moment you lower your shoulder to fight through a pick it becomes a foul.

All of this moot however because NONE of this is what Schroder did. He slyly did a full upward swing between Tuckers legs.
Apparently Schroder has pulled that stunt before and of course it doesn't help that his teammate Chris Paul is notorious for testicular assault.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,258

Post#10 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Headline would be much better if it read:

Rockets Want NBA To Investigate Dennis Schroder Low Blow On P.J. Tucker Following Erections

Return to Wiretap Discussion