Round 1, Game 6: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Re: Round 1, Game 6: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:23 am

I will say, if we lose this series, I expect (and hope) we trade Gobert. He has been amazing for this franchise, and having Mitchell maximizes Rudy, but I don't think that Rudy maximizes Mitchell, and that's what we need to focus on.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#22 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 am

babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I have no faith next game. Quin will sit on his hands and let Murray cook again. His players blew game 1 and game 6...so it’s not all on him, but we are in a major uphill battle because he will not adjust. Our defense is as toast as theirs is.

What is Quin supposed to do? He figured out a way part way through the series to take away Murray's best weapon in the regular season, the PnR with Jokic. Now he's just torching us no matter what. Joe can't be put on him, but I'm not sure who to stick to him when Royce isn't on the court.

Something, anything at all. There is no scheme adjustment. Ingles is getting torched, and O'Neale has quite frankly been awful the last 2-3 games. Those guys have to be better as individuals but at some point you have to try and change things. Malone has tried a million different schemes and he's seemed to find a way to settle into something that's making the Jazz work hard for baskets. Quin has done nothing outside of a few wrinkles in a pinch.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:32 am

Amazing series, hope nobody gets hurt in game 7
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#24 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:38 am

KqWIN wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I have no faith next game. Quin will sit on his hands and let Murray cook again. His players blew game 1 and game 6...so it’s not all on him, but we are in a major uphill battle because he will not adjust. Our defense is as toast as theirs is.

What is Quin supposed to do? He figured out a way part way through the series to take away Murray's best weapon in the regular season, the PnR with Jokic. Now he's just torching us no matter what. Joe can't be put on him, but I'm not sure who to stick to him when Royce isn't on the court.

Something, anything at all. There is no scheme adjustment. Ingles is getting torched, and O'Neale has quite frankly been awful the last 2-3 games. Those guys have to be better as individuals but at some point you have to try and change things. Malone has tried a million different schemes and he's seemed to find a way to settle into something that's making the Jazz work hard for baskets. Quin has done nothing outside of a few wrinkles in a pinch.

But there clearly has been a scheme adjustment, that's why their PnR game, which murdered us early in the series, is not working.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#25 » by sipclip » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:40 am

Can we now end the myth that Royce is an elite perimeter defender? He isn't worth that contract when he is so inconsistent offensively.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#26 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:42 am

Chuck has it right. As I said before, only Murray can beat the Jazz, so be willing to trap him or do whatever is necessary to marginalize him.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#27 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:43 am

sipclip wrote:Can we now end the myth that Royce is an elite perimeter defender? He isn't worth that contract when he is so inconsistent offensively.

He is an elite perimeter defender. I don't care who you put on Donovan and Murray, with the amount of poor defenders on both teams, they are both going to go nuts.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#28 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:05 am

babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

But there clearly has been a scheme adjustment, that's why their PnR game, which murdered us early in the series, is not working.

That two man game is working wonderfully. As evidenced by Murray’s 50 tonight. We’re just doing nothing to make them uncomfortable or make decisions.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#29 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:15 am

KqWIN wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

That two man game is working wonderfully. As evidenced by Murray’s 50 tonight. We’re just doing nothing to make them uncomfortable or make decisions.

He wasn't scoring them out of the PnR with Jokic like he was in the first four games of the series, though, so I'm not sure how it was a two man game.

JColl
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#30 » by sipclip » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:26 am

babyjax13 wrote:
sipclip wrote:Can we now end the myth that Royce is an elite perimeter defender? He isn't worth that contract when he is so inconsistent offensively.

He is an elite perimeter defender. I don't care who you put on Donovan and Murray, with the amount of poor defenders on both teams, they are both going to go nuts.
No he is not. He is a decent player that is about to be overpaid. That is it.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#31 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:32 pm

That was another fun game. Mitchell and Murray are awesome. Speaking of Mitchell, I saw in my feed that he was really pissed when he went to the locker room when the game was over, throwing down a training bike on purpose on his way out.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#32 » by Cappy_Smurf » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I will say, if we lose this series, I expect (and hope) we trade Gobert. He has been amazing for this franchise, and having Mitchell maximizes Rudy, but I don't think that Rudy maximizes Mitchell, and that's what we need to focus on.

Great idea, trade the best player because Mitchell has been hot a few games. :roll:

Do people not really remember the night and day difference of this team when Rudy has been injured? Gobert is a top 10 player in the league in terms of impact on wins/losses. Mitchell hasn't been anywhere close to that yet in his career. For every hot stretch he has he's also had plenty of stretches where he is very underwhelming.

When Mitchell is hot, he's a fantastic player, but how about we wait until he can play this way consistently before we consider trading away the team's heart and soul? If Utah is trading Gobert, they might as well tear it all down and start over, which would be completely asinine when it takes so long to build a team capable of having a chance at getting past the first round.

Some of y'all lost your freaking minds over the whole corona virus incident and have come to a very silly conclusion. All I can say is thank God Lindsey/Zanic are runnin' this show and not any of the posters around here.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#33 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:41 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I will say, if we lose this series, I expect (and hope) we trade Gobert. He has been amazing for this franchise, and having Mitchell maximizes Rudy, but I don't think that Rudy maximizes Mitchell, and that's what we need to focus on.

Great idea, trade the best player because Mitchell has been hot a few games. :roll:

Do people not really remember the night and day difference of this team when Rudy has been injured? Gobert is a top 10 player in the league in terms of impact on wins/losses. Mitchell hasn't been anywhere close to that yet in his career. For every hot stretch he has he's also had plenty of stretches where he is very underwhelming.

When Mitchell is hot, he's a fantastic player, but how about we wait until he can play this way consistently before we consider trading away the team's heart and soul? If Utah is trading Gobert, they might as well tear it all down and start over, which would be completely asinine when it takes so long to build a team capable of having a chance at getting past the first round.

Some of y'all lost your freaking minds over the whole corona virus incident and have come to a very silly conclusion. All I can say is thank God Lindsey/Zanic are runnin' this show and not any of the posters around here.

You act like I am proposing that we should trade him for nothing. Mitchell hasn't just had 'a few hot games', he has had a few historic games.

JColl
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#34 » by sipclip » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:28 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:

We can only hope that complacency like yours doesn't exist in management. Unfortunately odds are it does. Paying Rudy the supermax is a franchise killer.

vryadli
Rookie
And1: 356

Post#35 » by vryadli » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:48 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:

Moreover DM really fantastic and really stretches (say, more than 2 game) is about - and one against team with one of the worst defenses. But yes, this one IS fantastic. But it is ONE - and so on.

As for trading Rudy... just remember how well Lakers did after they "maximize" Kobe. No PO for years, remember? And Jazz is not LAL, they can't just by one nod get likes of Gazol or Davis to complement The Star.

Return to Utah Jazz