ImageImageImage

Trade pick #7 to GSW for #2 to draft Lamelo Ball?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Re: Trade pick #7 to GSW for #2 to draft Lamelo Ball? 

Post#41 » by MotownMadness » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:37 am

Drwho17 wrote:
pistons4ever wrote:Pick 7 Plus lithuanian guy for lonzo ball
Kennard and snell for gary harris and pick Denver (tillman)
RESIGN Wood
Sign the best Shooter available at sf or Big sg

Wood Patton Maker?
Griffin Tillman
Sekou Svi
Harris Brown Thomas
Ball Rose Bone

Good thoughts, but I think the Pistons are giving up too much on each of those deals.

Ball is in the same situation as Kennard, going to need a new contract next year.
Kennard > Gary Harris and Harris has is due a couple more years at 20 Million and Denver needs salary relief, we would need more than a late first round pick to absorb Harris.

Something like that involving a trade for Ball around our 7th pick should also have the 13th coming back or i dont even consider it.

Even then I think I just take Hayes but if hes gone adding Lonzo and a wing which there will be plenty to choose from at 13 isn't that awful of a idea.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#42 » by dVs33 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:24 am

I believe he wasn't eligible for college because he had played professionally in Lithuania.
I'm not surprised that American kids want to come to Australia to play because the cultural change is fairly minimal. Especially compared to China and some European countries.
If your talent is there, it will show in any league. I don't know if there's an official ranking of international leagues, but I don't think Australia is that far down the list.
a-French-Fan wrote:
dVs33 wrote:Ball didn't pick which team he went to in the nbl. He signed with the league as part of their "new star" program and the league assigned him a team. Same with Hampton.
a-French-Fan wrote:I don't understand the idea ...

I mean that LaMelo flew and hided in a weak australian team. So OK, he has talent, no matter with this, but he could play in NCCA and facing other prospects, or playing in Europe, or even in Australian league in a real team like RJ Hampton did, but he chose the place that he could make stats safely, regardless the record. Would you really make a trade to pick him? More over, you may have Hayes who did not hide last year and went to a foreign country that he didn't know the language, and had responsabilities into Eurocup. If Hayes not available, you could have an other interesting PG (that is essentially a draft for point guards) or making a trade after draft.

But a trade for a selfish and "coward" player, you don't really need this ...

Ok, sorry. BTW if you pretend to be 1st pick, you do not go to australian League.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#43 » by Pharaoh » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:16 am

The Australian NBL is far more physical than most leagues around the world.

No doubt playing elsewhere in certain Euro leagues would be tougher for guys like Ball and Hampton but you've also gotta factor in the language barrier.

No one expected a global pandemic and we still don't know what kind of combine or team workouts we'll see but I can't remember the last time a Draft produced a "consensus" top 10 like we have this time around.

Might not have any clear cut Franchise players or even All Stars but also doesn't seem to be much difference between having a top 3 pick or #10.

When guys like Nesmith, Vassell or Haliburton are mocked universally anywhere from 8 through 14 you know there's potential right through the Lottery

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#44 » by a-French-Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:03 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:It depends, do you have a solution for Sékou?

What is in the issue?

I think hes trying to find another Frenchman too help Sekou feel more comfortable. I like the thought and that's probably another incentive to whyz Hayes will be the pick if hes there I'm sure but trading a 7th pick for Ntlikina too just have a French connection is a awful idea that no sane GM would ever do.

Pretty sure I read knicks were trying to get a couple second rounders for him before last season. He is a nice defensive asset but I dont think he adds anything more than a guy like Brown who shares the same strengths as a guard.

Indeed, Sékou Was pick #15 last year, but I don't expect him tout have career of a pick#15.
1) he has potential to be a all star. He is a real athlete and do have real basketball skills. So draft him as pick 15 was a Steal
2) he proved several Times that he had problems of behaviour (fired from INSEP, from U20 national team, and now fired by his agents). So that was not a Smart choice to draft him.

So, he needs some mentor or elder Brother with him.
Of course Ntilikina has not value of a 7th pick, but with such incertain draft, with lack of talents, but recruiting Ntilikina to make Doumbouya reaching his potential could be better than a 7th pick that can't lead the team.

Last point : I think Hayes could be the right choice for the Hawks who need some one able to score
when Trae Young is out the floor.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#45 » by chrbal » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:17 pm

See if Boris Diaw or Mickaël Piétrus want to try coaching
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#46 » by Manocad » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:57 pm

chrbal wrote:See if Boris Diaw or Mickaël Piétrus want to try coaching

I think Diaw would make a good coach. Definitely knows the game.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 630

Post#47 » by remi_222 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Manocad wrote:

too busy i guess

remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 630

Post#48 » by remi_222 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Manocad wrote:

too busy i guess

a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#49 » by a-French-Fan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Diaw to replace gatorade by Nespresso, and Pietrus to show road for finals ... No sorry, I don't see any former NBA french player that could be an assistant coach. Maybe Abdul-wahad, but I don't see him leaving San Jose to Detroit.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
chrbal
RealGM

Post#50 » by chrbal » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:53 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:

Diaw to replace gatorade by Nespresso, and Pietrus to show road for finals ... No sorry, I don't see any former NBA french player that could be an assistant coach. Maybe Abdul-wahad, but I don't see him leaving San Jose to Detroit.

I kind of dropped those two half jokingly.

To me he’s a teenager that was thrown into a weird situation in Detroit. He showed some promise, and should be part of a proper rebuild. Last season we were trying to make a last stand at treadmill team.

I think he’ll be fine
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#51 » by a-French-Fan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:44 am

chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:

To me he’s a teenager that was thrown into a weird situation in Detroit. He showed some promise, and should be part of a proper rebuild. Last season we were trying to make a last stand at treadmill team.

I think he’ll be fine

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that the problem is deeper. I think about his background, the fact he came to France at 9 with his mother and sisters, but not with his father. I don't know why he came here, but then he showed some matters with authority (fired from INSEP and U20 France).

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#52 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:03 am

a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:Diaw to replace gatorade by Nespresso, and Pietrus to show road for finals ... No sorry, I don't see any former NBA french player that could be an assistant coach. Maybe Abdul-wahad, but I don't see him leaving San Jose to Detroit.

I think he’ll be fine

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that the problem is deeper. I think about his background, the fact he came to France at 9 with his mother and sisters, but not with his father. I don't know why he came here, but then he showed some matters with authority (fired from INSEP and U20 France).
Think we all hope Sekou actually becomes what he could but:

Whatever "signs" we think we've seen could just be a young dude trying to figure it all out.

None of us had it all together at his age!

This has been our issue as a organisation for years - I do not believe we've done everything humanly possible to look after our multi million dollar investments!

Does he have a chef? Personal trainer? A dude that's just assigned to him to ensure he can maximise his potential?

I seriously question the organisation based on what we've seen from our young players the last 15 years.

Mentoring matters

a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#53 » by a-French-Fan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:38 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I think he’ll be fine

Whatever "signs" we think we've seen could just be a young dude trying to figure it all out.

This has been our issue as a organisation for years - I do not believe we've done everything humanly possible to look after our multi million dollar investments!

Does he have a chef? Personal trainer? A dude that's just assigned to him to ensure he can maximise his potential?

I seriously question the organisation based on what we've seen from our young players the last 15 years.

Mentoring matters

I don't know if has a chef or a personal trainer. But I doubt, because he had very serious agents with Comsport (Bouna NDiaye and Jérémy Medjana) and they fired him. They are also Fournier, Gobert, Batum and Mahinmi's agents.When you know the staff around Fournier, you know Mahinmi and Gobert do have a chef. After he was fired by his agents, I read an interview with the man who brought him to basketball when he was 12 in Fleury-les-Aubrais. THe said to the journalist that he could not talk to him, whereas he was back in Fleury-les-Aubrais (suburbs of Orléans, one hour south of Paris).

So, without agents,without his first mentor, Pistons (or maybe french federation) have to find him a mentor and fix some organization around him.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
chrbal
RealGM

Post#54 » by chrbal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Fair enough. You seem to have a lot more information than I would ever have imagined
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#55 » by MotownMadness » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:35 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:Diaw to replace gatorade by Nespresso, and Pietrus to show road for finals ... No sorry, I don't see any former NBA french player that could be an assistant coach. Maybe Abdul-wahad, but I don't see him leaving San Jose to Detroit.

I think he’ll be fine

Man your kinda scaring me. Casey said something about a few times throughout the season. Something like " I dont understand the kid and why he's not having the time of his life in his situation and just enjoying life" probably not exactly what he said cause I cant remember it that well but still it's kinda sounding like a trend.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#56 » by Manocad » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I think he’ll be fine

Mentoring matters

I’m not into giving a free pass due to his age. Sure, relative to suddenly having a lot more money than you ever had and not going a little bit crazy. But as far as just acting like an adult? My three kids all turned 20, 20 and 21 this summer and they’ve all been mature young adults since 16. Got jobs, drove a car, got good grades and handled their business. I don’t think it’s too much to ask that you go without a babysitter at 19, especially relative to how you act around other people. Not to say that any attitude problems/issues can’t be corrected, but if true it’s still not something I’d just blow off as “Eh, he’s still just a kid.”
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#57 » by Drwho17 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:04 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:

Mentoring matters

I don't know if has a chef or a personal trainer. But I doubt, because he had very serious agents with Comsport (Bouna NDiaye and Jérémy Medjana) and they fired him. They are also Fournier, Gobert, Batum and Mahinmi's agents.When you know the staff around Fournier, you know Mahinmi and Gobert do have a chef. After he was fired by his agents, I read an interview with the man who brought him to basketball when he was 12 in Fleury-les-Aubrais. THe said to the journalist that he could not talk to him, whereas he was back in Fleury-les-Aubrais (suburbs of Orléans, one hour south of Paris).

So, without agents,without his first mentor, Pistons (or maybe french federation) have to find him a mentor and fix some organization around him.

Maybe he doesn't like basketball? Probably why his draft position didn't reflect his talent.

I also think if the Pistons really wanted Ntilikina they could get him very cheap, but why do you think he would listen to him, just because he's from France? I'd rather Ben Wallace adopt him.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#58 » by SamFlow » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:29 am

Malachi Flynn. He would be perfect for Detroit as their pg. Maybe take Tyrese Haliburton early to play pg/sg. Two passers. Flynn would be the attacker. Haliburton the shooter. Do all you can to sign F Brandon Ingraham.

Flynn/Rose/Brown
Haliburton/Kennard/Svi
Ingraham/Snell/Svi
Blake/Sekou/?
Woods/?

Flynn, Kennard, Ingraham, Blake, Woods doesn't sound half bad.

I'd still rather trade Kennard's knees to someone else.
BigDaddyJungle
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#59 » by a-French-Fan » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:37 am

Drwho17 wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Think we all hope Sekou actually becomes what he could but:

Mentoring matters

Maybe he doesn't like basketball? Probably why his draft position didn't reflect his talent.

I also think if the Pistons really wanted Ntilikina they could get him very cheap, but why do you think he would listen to him, just because he's from France? I'd rather Ben Wallace adopt him.

I Actually don't know how much he likes basketball, but I can't imagine someone reaching NBA level without some love for basketball.
I think that he could listen Ntilikina because they won U18 championships together, Frank was the leader, and this championships was really a good moment for Doumbouya. Also, Frank is a very intelligent guy and may understand things about Doumbouya and his background. The had not lived same things, they have not the same story, but don't forget that Frank's mother had to run away from Rwanda. Si they may have things in common, even if Frank had always lived in France before NBA.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#60 » by a-French-Fan » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:48 am

MotownMadness wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I think he’ll be fine

Man your kinda scaring me. Casey said something about a few times throughout the season. Something like " I dont understand the kid and why he's not having the time of his life in his situation and just enjoying life" probably not exactly what he said cause I cant remember it that well but still it's kinda sounding like a trend.

1) If he really doesn't understand, I don't understand why he is a NBA head coach
2) Saying it to journalists is a disaster
3) did Pistons understand who they drafted?

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele

Return to Detroit Pistons