Jamal Murray

Moderator: THE J0KER

SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Re: [Shams] Murray agrees to 5/$170M extension 

Post#61 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:52 pm

SkillzFromThe6 wrote:
I'm probably in the minority here but I've noticed it since last season that Jamal Murray doesn't play well with Will Barton. I'm not exactly sure why (could be usage?) but I'd be surprised if he got a 40 point game this year.

His top 2 scoring performances this year:

27 points 8/19 40min vs Phoenix Suns W by 1
39 points 14/24 31min vs Memphis Grizzlies W by 17

Will Barton those 2 games (also lowest minutes of season):
5 points 1/6 20min vs Phoenix Suns
6 points 2/6 23min vs Memphis Grizzlies

Last year Jamal Murray scored 30+ 5 times when Will Barton went down but only twice when he came back.

This is just extra stats to prove my point that I don't see Jamal Murray taking a leap with Will's heavy minutes.

Mind you, I haven't been a Will Barton fan since he's gotten here so take this as you so please. Lol.

Ah, haven't posted a while on here... I hate to bring a negative to the conversation, but what I said beginning of the season still holds true.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#62 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:25 am

SkillzFromThe6 wrote:
SkillzFromThe6 wrote:
I'm probably in the minority here but I've noticed it since last season that Jamal Murray doesn't play well with Will Barton. I'm not exactly sure why (could be usage?) but I'd be surprised if he got a 40 point game this year.

His top 2 scoring performances this year:

27 points 8/19 40min vs Phoenix Suns W by 1
39 points 14/24 31min vs Memphis Grizzlies W by 17

Will Barton those 2 games (also lowest minutes of season):
5 points 1/6 20min vs Phoenix Suns
6 points 2/6 23min vs Memphis Grizzlies

Last year Jamal Murray scored 30+ 5 times when Will Barton went down but only twice when he came back.

This is just extra stats to prove my point that I don't see Jamal Murray taking a leap with Will's heavy minutes.

Mind you, I haven't been a Will Barton fan since he's gotten here so take this as you so please. Lol.

Ah, haven't posted a while on here... I hate to bring a negative to the conversation, but what I said beginning of the season still holds true.

While it's hard to not notice how Murray has developed sans Barton, however, I don't agree that there is any type of chemistry issue between the two and I believe Murray would've blown up here anyway.

It doesn't bode well for Barton that he's doing it sans Will on the court, makes him look very expendable (Malone and TC's problem now).
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#63 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:37 am

looks like this is working out after all lol.

yall got a real one
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
skywalker33

Post#64 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:02 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:looks like this is working out after all lol.

yall got a real one

Only a matter of time, friend :wink:

Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#65 » by Mac1958 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:02 am

Yeah, I didn't like the deal. I didn't think he had any Alpha Dog in him.

Not feeling all that smart right now.

:oops:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#66 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:42 am

Murray is never going to put up gaudy stats for a season in our offense, it is designed for most plays to go to the open man through Jokic. Murray has developed into the guy who we should be going to when they shut down the lane and people are struggling to hit shots like much of the Jazz series. Barton has to move to the bench now, but I think with MPJ's shooting and Murray being the guy to take over when we get bogged down, we will win a lot of games. Murray's stats will come in the playoffs, and this year he has shown the ability to handle the playoff game while putting up huge stats.

I have always understood the reasoning behind giving him the max when they did, but imagine with this showing from Murray and Jokic and what kind of free agents we might have attracted? If MPJ can continue on his development path and Murray, Jokic, and MPJ all stay healthy than it does not matter.
skywalker33

Post#67 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:07 am

Murray has now played in three playoff series, all three have gone to 7 games. In the 3 series, we've played 5 do-or-die situations, losing only one of those, a game where Murray didn't play well. Even so, Jamal has improved his scoring in each series, from 19ppg to 31+ppg this year, and he's only 23yo. I do think Murray has to up his scoring a bit more in the regular season, 2-4 more ppg would not be hard for him IMO, puts him in the 21-23ppg average and into the superstar status and fear in opponents game plan.

MPJ already has the offense, the defense looks like it can develop, put them together and he can be a very potent 2nd or 3rd cog in our machine given some good health. Most prognosticators say we're a year or two out, hard to disagree but we're getting some great experience along the way. Keeping Barton on the bench with Bol and Dozier can create a potent 2nd unit while Grant, Harris, and perhaps a solid wing defender with our 1st this year to provide some solid D and that's a contender core for a few years anyway.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#68 » by TunaFish » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:49 pm

Murray fined $25,000. No suspension.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Re: Jamal Murray, The Next (Super?)Star 

Post#69 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 am

This thread is chosen to be Jamal Murray's basic thread, so Thread Title is a little bit changed now.

Murray has an out of blue 2020 playoff run averaging 27-5-7 TS%63%, but his start of the 2020-21 season is disappointing so far (19-4-4 TS%55%). But with that PO in the mind and better shape in February, and with some notable guards moved to the East (Harden, Westbrook, Jrue) Murray's odds to reach an all-star debut this year are not bad, and tomorrow will start voting!
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#70 » by Richard Miller » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:12 am

THE J0KER wrote:Murray's odds to reach an all-star debut this year are not bad, and tomorrow will start voting!

Unless he starts dropping 40+ from right now until the end of voting his chances are zero tbh, on some nights he wasn't even the best guard on the Nuggets.
skywalker33

Post#71 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:35 am

Richard Miller wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Murray's odds to reach an all-star debut this year are not bad, and tomorrow will start voting!

Unless he starts dropping 40+ from right now until the end of voting his chances are zero tbh, on some nights he wasn't even the best guard on the Nuggets.

Doncic (if he's listed as a PG) and Morant would be two of my top choices but then Paul and Lillard sure look good as well. His slow starts never helps him either.

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#72 » by Richard Miller » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Doncic (if he's listed as a PG) and Morant would be two of my top choices but then Paul and Lillard sure look good as well. His slow starts never helps him either.

Don't forget Curry too
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#73 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:19 am

Yeah, probably not an All-Star this year. Like I used to say about Jokic, Murray needs to assert himself - consistently. All-Stars have off games for sure, but not as often as he is doing.

If we look at his stats for this season compared to all of last season; there doesn't seem to be much of a difference. It just seems to me that he needs some more time to mature. This may be his fifth year, but he's playing like a 23 year old (which he is).

Jokic's game took a noted improvement when he was 22 years old but remember that he played in Europe, where the competition becomes more intense, at a younger age.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#74 » by U hova » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Up until a fateful game in Washington this year, Jamal Murray shot 34.8% behind the arc (6.2 per game, 25 games)
Ever since that game, he's at a 50.7% per clip (7.9 per game, 9 games)
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#75 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:58 am

U hova wrote:Up until a fateful game in Washington this year, Jamal Murray shot 34.8% behind the arc (6.2 per game, 25 games)

Since you're into cherry picking, what's he shooting in his last two games? :o
skywalker33

Post#76 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:37 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
U hova wrote:Up until a fateful game in Washington this year, Jamal Murray shot 34.8% behind the arc (6.2 per game, 25 games)

GTFO, just leave, no one cares about your troll.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:58 pm

We invite people to post, but if you aren't a regular on this board, please do not just come into criticize. Significant input is always welcome. Thank you.
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#78 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:08 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:We invite people to post, but if you aren't a regular on this board, please do not just come into criticize. Significant input is always welcome. Thank you.
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

How come you haven't done anything about your board members who have continually resorted to personal attacks and insults in the Mavs-Nuggets thread? Is that kind of behavior condoned?
skywalker33

Post#79 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Murray seems more than inconsistent he seems streaky. He was shooting lights-out before the break, comes back dead as a doornail, did he forget who he was, how to shoot ??

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:12 pm

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:We invite people to post, but if you aren't a regular on this board, please do not just come into criticize. Significant input is always welcome. Thank you.
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:Since you're into cherry picking, what's he shooting in his last two games? :o

How come you haven't done anything about your board members who have continually resorted to personal attacks and insults in the Mavs-Nuggets thread? Is that kind of behavior condoned?

I have been without power for two days. Your posts were apparently designed to provoke a response. Our regular posters already know who responded correctly and incorrectly.

Feel free to return - if you have something to contribute. Do not expect a warm welcome based on this sequence of posts (on two threads).

Return to Denver Nuggets