ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,622

Re: Injuries: Green (R.Knee); Hayward (R.Ankle) 

Post#1201 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:12 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
3D Chess wrote:Celtics have plenty of medical/fitness staff sitting on the sidelines outside of the bubble right now, including at least one guy who worked closely with Gordon post his leg break. Would think they might send one of them to wherever Hay goes.

Yeah. There's not much need for him to be a cheerleader for 4+ weeks.
He's better utilized at home with his Family, pending the Birth of his Son.

In fact, Hayward may be in a better position to heal at home, where he doesn't have to move around a lot.
Celtics can send some Staff to him. Or, since he's a multi-million, he can hire his own recovery team.

He can get treatment around the clock in the bubble. He's living in a hotel - he wouldn't have to lift a finger there. Guess what he's doing at home? Babysitting his 3 girls and his pregnant wife.

And sure, he can hire his own guy, but when the guy you hire is your gaming buddy (they're stationed in Indiana), that doesn't inspire too much confidence from me. Gord looked fat in 2018 when he worked with his pal. When he stayed in Boston during the summer, he came into camp in much better shape.

We can agree to disagree here. It would have been one thing if he returned to Boston and worked out at the team's practice facilities where he could be monitored by team staff, but who's watching him in Indiana? And I also wish he had stayed in the bubble to cheer on his teammates. Let's be real here - NONE of those players really enjoy being trapped in there. Rather than stay in the trenches and cheer his guys on, Gord took the first plane out. It just doesn't sit well with me at all.

There's never been any evidence of Gordon being close to his teammates off-court, Theis and Baynes excepted. (And even that may have been exaggerated, of course.)

But on-court he's an unselfish team player at both ends of the floor, and that aspect of the relationship seems to have worked fine all season, if not longer than that. He's probably the only guy who doesn't buy into the four-headed team leadership of Walker/Smart/Brown/Tatum, but he's also probably the guy who least needs to buy in.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#1202 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:05 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Yeah. There's not much need for him to be a cheerleader for 4+ weeks.
He's better utilized at home with his Family, pending the Birth of his Son.

In fact, Hayward may be in a better position to heal at home, where he doesn't have to move around a lot.
Celtics can send some Staff to him. Or, since he's a multi-million, he can hire his own recovery team.

He can get treatment around the clock in the bubble. He's living in a hotel - he wouldn't have to lift a finger there. Guess what he's doing at home? Babysitting his 3 girls and his pregnant wife.

And sure, he can hire his own guy, but when the guy you hire is your gaming buddy (they're stationed in Indiana), that doesn't inspire too much confidence from me. Gord looked fat in 2018 when he worked with his pal. When he stayed in Boston during the summer, he came into camp in much better shape.

We can agree to disagree here. It would have been one thing if he returned to Boston and worked out at the team's practice facilities where he could be monitored by team staff, but who's watching him in Indiana? And I also wish he had stayed in the bubble to cheer on his teammates. Let's be real here - NONE of those players really enjoy being trapped in there. Rather than stay in the trenches and cheer his guys on, Gord took the first plane out. It just doesn't sit well with me at all.

There's never been any evidence of Gordon being close to his teammates off-court, Theis and Baynes excepted. (And even that may have been exaggerated, of course.)

But on-court he's an unselfish team player at both ends of the floor, and that aspect of the relationship seems to have worked fine all season, if not longer than that. He's probably the only guy who doesn't buy into the four-headed team leadership of Walker/Smart/Brown/Tatum, but he's also probably the guy who least needs to buy in.

Yeah I think Hayward loves doing his job, punching his time card and going home. It's very clear which 4 make up the leadership core here. He's 4th in Usage on the team. With the expanding roles the Jays will have in increasing seasons, to me Hayward isn't worth the cost of paying him big money. Would rather replace his role with more of a 3 and D guy who can move the ball a little bit. I'm moving him next year or simply letting him drop off during the next offseason.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#1203 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:27 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:

Yeah I think Hayward loves doing his job, punching his time card and going home. It's very clear which 4 make up the leadership core here. He's 4th in Usage on the team. With the expanding roles the Jays will have in increasing seasons, to me Hayward isn't worth the cost of paying him big money. Would rather replace his role with more of a 3 and D guy who can move the ball a little bit. I'm moving him next year or simply letting him drop off during the next offseason.

I'm not sure that's the way to go. He is a VERY good player, and a great fit for what the team does.

After Tatum and Walker, he's the third-best offensive creator on the team. Inch for inch he's pretty comparable to Walker on defense (albeit in a calmer manner), and he has a lot more inches to defend (and rebound) with. He's a great guy to have on the floor.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Post#1204 » by Parliament10 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:48 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#1205 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:04 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:

I'm not sure that's the way to go. He is a VERY good player, and a great fit for what the team does.

After Tatum and Walker, he's the third-best offensive creator on the team. Inch for inch he's pretty comparable to Walker on defense (albeit in a calmer manner), and he has a lot more inches to defend (and rebound) with. He's a great guy to have on the floor.

Don't get me wrong. I love Hayward. I just don't know how we keep him without compromising our financial situation. I'm just afraid that he's gonna cost way too much to keep.

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries: Green (R.Knee); Hayward (R.Ankle); Waters (L.Knee) 

Post#1206 » by Parliament10 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#1207 » by Floody100 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 am

If we beat Toronto anyone think Hayward will be right for the next series ?
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#1208 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:36 am

Floody100 wrote:If we beat Toronto anyone think Hayward will be right for the next series ?

I'd think he'd be back, maybe not at the beginning of that series but some time after the first or 2nd game I would think.

ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#1209 » by ParticleMan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:50 am

Floody100 wrote:If we beat Toronto anyone think Hayward will be right for the next series ?

no, seems way too soon for a grade 3 sprain. if we're lucky and we make it past the bucks, then maybe in the finals. and he'll have to get back into game shape. i'm not sure a 70% hayward helps us that much anyways, we've seen that show before.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,050

Post#1210 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:28 am

On the broadcast yesterday they said 4 weeks would be exactly game 7 against the Raptors. I assume if we made it past them in 6 or so, game 1 of the ECF would be 2 or 3 days after, maybe more if Miami and Milwaukee go 7. Games 3 and 4 would be over the 5 week mark. Would be awesome if we could get him back by then.. Though I'm not counting on it.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1211 » by Parliament10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:26 pm

ParticleMan wrote:

no, seems way too soon for a grade 3 sprain. if we're lucky and we make it past the bucks, then maybe in the finals. and he'll have to get back into game shape. i'm not sure a 70% hayward helps us that much anyways, we've seen that show before.

Yeah. It's going to take him a bit to get into game shape. I don't see Hayward getting back before the Finals.
And then, he'll likely have to come off the Bench.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,190

Post#1212 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#1213 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:10 am

Hayward can only be on a quick path to full recovery when his gait is perfect, and it isn't perfect yet. (And even then the quick path is only a possibility; it's not guaranteed.)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/gordon-hayward-could-return-nba-bubble-soon-isnt-close-game-action
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#1214 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:36 am

When is his wife due? If it is first half of September then he would be away from the team anyway...
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,152

Post#1215 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:21 pm

His 4 weeks end on September 15.
Read on Twitter

Well, it would be cool if he could be at least be available for game 7 against the Lakers and gets to heave the final shot like he did 10 years ago... but this time make it.

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1216 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:13 pm

4 weeks is so optimistic it's insane. Grade 3 sprains in the regular season and you miss like 6-8 weeks if you're lucky. Matt Dellevedova missed 9 weeks with one a couple years ago, Reggie Jackson missed 12 weeks. Lonzo Ball missed the last 35 games (12 weeks) of the season (dunno maybe he could have come back if needed). DeAaron Fox had one this year and only missed 5 weeks. He's prob a freak and 8 years younger than Hayward.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1217 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:45 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:4 weeks is so optimistic it's insane. Grade 3 sprains in the regular season and you miss like 6-8 weeks if you're lucky. Matt Dellevedova missed 9 weeks with one a couple years ago, Reggie Jackson missed 12 weeks. Lonzo Ball missed the last 35 games (12 weeks) of the season (dunno maybe he could have come back if needed). DeAaron Fox had one this year and only missed 5 weeks. He's prob a freak and 8 years younger than Hayward.

TBH, I don't really expect Hayward to play for Boston again.:
1) I think that he wont be back for these Playoffs.
2) I believe that we'll move him in the Offseason.

Great Guy, buy let's wash our hands. -- He's been too costly, and is often injured.
And, we don't need 4 x Max Contracts. -- Let's bring in 2 lesser players.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1218 » by 3D Chess » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:34 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:4 weeks is so optimistic it's insane. Grade 3 sprains in the regular season and you miss like 6-8 weeks if you're lucky. Matt Dellevedova missed 9 weeks with one a couple years ago, Reggie Jackson missed 12 weeks. Lonzo Ball missed the last 35 games (12 weeks) of the season (dunno maybe he could have come back if needed). DeAaron Fox had one this year and only missed 5 weeks. He's prob a freak and 8 years younger than Hayward.

No drug testing the in the bubble.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1219 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:24 pm

3D Chess wrote:

No drug testing the in the bubble.

Hayward is too pure. He doesn't even believe in contraception.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,921

Post#1220 » by Dangit » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:15 am

Parliament10 wrote:

TBH, I don't really expect Hayward to play for Boston again.:
1) I think that he wont be back for these Playoffs.
2) I believe that we'll move him in the Offseason.

Great Guy, buy let's wash our hands. -- He's been too costly, and is often injured.
And, we don't need 4 x Max Contracts. -- Let's bring in 2 lesser players.

He's really good and we should keep him .
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood

Return to Boston Celtics