Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1781 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 am

BigSlam wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Okay, how about Zeller expiring + pick 3 for Myles Turner? Would you do that? Pacers have peaked with their roster, have 2 centers, have to retain Oladipo and don't have a boatload of cap space to change the makeup of their roster.

If you are so opposed to bigs in the modern NBA then why are you continuously suggesting trading for Turner????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the second time now I've clarified I'm opposed to traditional centers. Myles Turner is not traditional. Offense doesn't run through the post. I'm out on Wiseman and I guarantee Kupchak is not that stupid.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Post#1782 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:12 am

Rich4114 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Okay, how about Zeller expiring + pick 3 for Myles Turner? Would you do that? Pacers have peaked with their roster, have 2 centers, have to retain Oladipo and don't have a boatload of cap space to change the makeup of their roster.

Certainly not if Wiseman is available. I see them making a deal with Indy involving the #3.

I'd take Turner over Wiseman without blinking. Turner has a developed outside game and Wiseman has a very small sample and looks more like a traditional center.
It has been written...
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#1783 » by James Gatz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:23 am

Chapelchilla wrote:
James Gatz wrote:I don't the value is there without Graham really. I understand it would be a big help to have a shooter like Graham next to Simmons but I also don't believe that team is competing for more than the 8th seed anyway.

Maybe do PJ + Bridges instead of Graham.

That is a terrible deal for us.

How is it a terrible deal?

It's certainly somewhat of a risk, but I don't think PJ or Graham project more than solid starters. I'm much lower on Miles. I'd be surprised if either made an all star game. There's a chance one of them limps into one. This is not to say I don't like them as players. They are solid pieces. If your goal is to have a team that truly competes you need a star player. Simmons has warts but dude could be an All-NBA guy for multiple years of his career. I'd rather have primary piece and build around as opposed to working around the edges and hoping we luck into a star via the draft.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,504

Post#1784 » by HornetJail » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:32 am

I would basically trade everything on the roster to pair Simmons/Devonte'. I like both our young forwards, but I'll drive them both to the airport along with the 3rd pick and Rozier if that's what it took to get Simmons here.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,667

Post#1785 » by Diop » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:57 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
James Gatz wrote:I know people on the board would hate this but I'd offer Graham + 3 + Batum for Simmons. Really doubt sixers would go through with it considering not a clear target at 3 for them. It would give us a foundation piece to build around. He has limitations next to Embiid but surround him with shooters and you'd really have a team.

Simmons needs shooters. Devonte' is the team's best shooter. If you really want Simmons then you can't trade him and expect to have a functional team afterwards. It's fine to offer more than the 3, and I'm not arguing value here ... it's just that the trade wouldn't make sense team wise for the Hornets.

You could argue that rozier has had as good a year shooting as devonte, graham is more creative and better point guard. Rozier would be good next to Simmons.

I’d find it very difficult to trade graham but Simmons would be the exception for me.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#1786 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:44 am

It would be a catastrophe if we were to let someone like Graham get in the way of acquiring Simmons.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
bravor
Starter
And1: 731

Post#1787 » by bravor » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:49 am

Like Simmons dream of playing for the Hornets ..? Funny to read this trade idea considering all the stuff we have read about Beal/K. Love, KAT (i probably forget some) whining.

Trading expiring for couple bad contracts to land lottery picks for 2021/2022 should be the main goal during/after the draft. Hornets star is most likely in 2021/2022 drafts if they dont mess up.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1788 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Honestly don't understand the Smimmons stuff from folks here. He's good ... probably even very good ... but he hasn't shown that he's great. His lack of 3 point shooting is a real problem in the current NBA environment that will likely prevent him from ever becoming one of the leagues top players.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,142

Post#1789 » by Rich4114 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:31 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Honestly don't understand the Smimmons stuff from folks here. He's good ... probably even very good ... but he hasn't shown that he's great. His lack of 3 point shooting is a real problem in the current NBA environment that will likely prevent him from ever becoming one of the leagues top players.

I second that. He can be an integral piece to a winning team but you cannot build around him as long as he has that hole in his game IMO.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#1790 » by 316Hornets » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:04 am

Rich4114 wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Honestly don't understand the Smimmons stuff from folks here. He's good ... probably even very good ... but he hasn't shown that he's great. His lack of 3 point shooting is a real problem in the current NBA environment that will likely prevent him from ever becoming one of the leagues top players.

I second that. He can be an integral piece to a winning team but you cannot build around him as long as he has that hole in his game IMO.

The thing is, he hasn't shown any willingness to adapt either. The guy seems smug as hell to me. Yeah, he's an All-Star caliber player, but he's like 20th best player in the league with not a lot of upside.

Wouldn't surprise me if he misses 20+ games every year.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,012

Post#1791 » by shrink » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:09 am

_tijo_ wrote:If NY approaches asking for #3, I can see us saying, we want #8 + your unprotected first next year + Dallas' first next year + Mitchell Robinson. And with NY needing some attention, Dolan, new president trying to make a splash, I can see it happening.

Better call the optometrist.

If NY is offering all that, don’t you think MIN would offer them the #1? Heck, #8 and the unprotected 2021 is great value.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,012

Post#1792 » by shrink » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:13 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
LofJ wrote:Any interest in attaching Bridges to the 3rd pick to move up to 1 to make sure we get the guy we want?

Not in this draft. It's cool that the team got lucky, but it's not worth spending assets, even marginal ones, to go higher up.

Thanks. This was info I was looking for. I wondered what the offer your GM would make to nab Wiseman. For the record, the Wolves board is pretty unanimous that Bridges wouldn’t be enough - they need more three and D next to Towns.

Congrats on the lottery, btw. I wrote on the Trade Board that I was hoping you guys would get a Top 3 pick. I also hope someone useful to you falls to you at 3. Right now, before workouts and without an NCAA season, I think that there is a clear tier between 3 and 4.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,061

Post#1793 » by JMAC3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Fun idea-doubt it happens.

Trade 3rd pick to Knicks. And no not for the Mitchell Robinson package everyone keeps posting.

Rozier and 3 to Knicks for Barrett, 8 and Payton (filler)

Knicks tried to get Rozier last year at deadline. Could match him up with Lamelo (target at 3).

For us we land a wing scorer in Barrett who we take a chance that he can be better in our system then the dysfunctional Knicks. We land 8 and can take BPA.

Then the last kicker- use our cap space to sign Joe Harris (nets can’t afford him). He fits perfectly between Graham and Barrett.

New lineup
Graham-Harris-Barrett-PJ-Zeller

Use 8 on a big if they fall (Wiseman or OO) or other BPA.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#1794 » by Soul Rebel » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:59 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Fun idea-doubt it happens.

Trade 3rd pick to Knicks. And no not for the Mitchell Robinson package everyone keeps posting.

Knicks tried to get Rozier last year at deadline. Could match him up with Lamelo (target at 3).

For us we land a wing scorer in Barrett who we take a chance that he can be better in our system then the dysfunctional Knicks. We land 8 and can take BPA.

Then the last kicker- use our cap space to sign Joe Harris (nets can’t afford him). He fits perfectly between Graham and Barrett.

New lineup

I can't see NYK giving up Barrett + 8, but I'd be in..... 100%

Also, do you think Barrett can play SG so that Bridges remains in our starting 5 at SF? Save the $$ from Harris and maybe spend it on Christian Wood to replace Zeller as the starting center.

DG
Barrett
Bridges
PJ
Wood
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,061

Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1795 » by JMAC3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Soul Rebel wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Fun idea-doubt it happens.

New lineup

I can't see NYK giving up Barrett + 8, but I'd be in..... 100%

Also, do you think Barrett can play SG so that Bridges remains in our starting 5 at SF? Save the $$ from Harris and maybe spend it on Christian Wood to replace Zeller as the starting center.

DG
Barrett
Bridges
PJ
Wood

Not sure Wood is really all that good, he might be a guy on a bad team that can put up decent numbers. We had him in our system before and let him walk, doubt we want to pay him.

I worry with that lineup with Barrett and Bridges on the wing does not have enough three point shooting. I think you could play them together, but not as main starting lineup. Harris is a solid 2 way guy, who would thrive with two creators around him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Post#1796 » by geraldwallace » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:00 pm

How do you guys feel about Michael Porter JR?
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#1797 » by _tijo_ » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:35 pm

geraldwallace wrote:How do you guys feel about Michael Porter JR?

As my sig suggests, I wanted to draft him instead of Bridges. My guess it would be hard to guess what the Nugs would want for him, but I'm guessing it would start with our pick. And he's such a liability on D, that I just don't know if that's the direction we would go.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#1798 » by James Gatz » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:53 pm

I'd offer Bridges + 32 but I think no way in hell Denver takes that.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#1799 » by 316Hornets » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:23 pm

Let's say we are really high on Ball or Edwards. Golden State is looking to trade out. Trade #32 and #3 to move up to #2?
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#1800 » by 316Hornets » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:18 pm

geraldwallace wrote:How do you guys feel about Michael Porter JR?

I liked him as a pick mid first when we were first rebuilding. Now, that he has shown to be a potential star, I wouldn't want to overpay because the injury concerns are still there.

Return to Charlotte Hornets