MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Re: OT - Current Affairs/Events/BLM/Politics/Elections 

Post#461 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Most people these days live 20 years after that. 65 is the when you start drawing social security and can take a break from all you have contributed.

If you read the whole post. 94% of those that passed away had multiple illnesses/sicknesses. Prayers to them and their families for sure. I am not cold hearted. I am just saying this was politically driven, money-driven, etc.

Hospitals got an extra $25-50k per ventilator patient, more $ for Covid deaths , etc.

I seriously doubt that last part which sounds like a wild conspiracy theory. And hospitals had to delay elective surgery which really killed their finances.
Yup. Hospitals really make bank on surgeries, and being able to treat larger volumes of patients vs long-term care of patients. Outpatient procedures are the real "cash cow" of hospitals. Most have delayed non-emergency surgeries in order to have more space and staff for covid floors.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#462 » by bigfoot » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:55 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Yall are a bunch of soft people.

Scroll down to comorbidities.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

I am saying the numbers are falsely recorded. This is the same exact thing as if I had cancer and was dying then got in a car wreck. It would be death by car wreck, not cancer.

I am not saying 65 and over don't matter. I am saying the working force is 16-65 and why are we shut down, why are schools shut down that 330 kids between 0-25 have died from it.

Quit being sheep of the media and being afraid to leave your house.

So you're saying your pre-existing condition (cancer) didn't cause your death, the new one (car accident) did?

Kind of like people who had a pre-existing condition and then contracted Covid?

It was actually a bad metaphor lol. I am meaning if you had a heart attack you died from a heart attack not covid. but hospitals were writing up everything as Covid.

People can live a long life with diabetes as it can be controlled with diet and medications. But if they get COVID and die, suddenly you are saying it really wasn't COVID, it was diabetes that killed them. That is how you are choosing to interpret the CDC data you linked. That is a gross manipulation of data. A better way to look at this is by comparing the number of deaths this year to the number of deaths last year (excess deaths).

So looking at this graph from the CDC site which covers from 2017 to 2020 you can see we spiked in the spring and summer of 2020 and exceed the number of expected deaths. Sometimes by 20000 deaths per week. COVID is the only way to explain these extra deaths. It is probably underestimated too because the number of traffic-related fatalities has been reduced with people working and staying at home. Imagine what things would have been like had states not quarantined and shutdown.

Here is the link to the CDC graph ... https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm#dashboard
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#463 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:00 pm

Guys, the entire world decided to help the United States Democratic Party out by making a novel virus political, but only in the United States. It's all the deep state. GTFOH.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#464 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:23 pm

They are 65+, if they didn't die today, they would've died tomorrow. If not tomorrow then next week. If not next week then next year. If not next year, the next decade. If not next decade then for sure before 100. If they were LUCKY enough to live past 100, they would've 100% died before 150.

Empathy Schmempathy
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#465 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:38 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:Guys, the entire world decided to help the United States Democratic Party out by making a novel virus political, but only in the United States. It's all the deep state. GTFOH.

Such sacrifices of so many lives in Italy, Brazil, Mexico, etc for the cause.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#466 » by cberry78 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:07 pm

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/no-covid-deaths-arent-only-6-of-whats-documented-1844907108

Easy to read article (with supporting links) on how to understand the COVID death data.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#467 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:43 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:Guys, the entire world decided to help the United States Democratic Party out by making a novel virus political, but only in the United States. It's all the deep state. GTFOH.

Typical Californian response.
Dr Manute
Pro Prospect
And1: 723

Post#468 » by Dr Manute » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:52 pm

MrMiyagi

Post#469 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:54 pm

Dr Manute wrote:https://www.bitchute.com/video/4u7r61YeGox/

:( :o :(

Link doesn't lead to anything, care to describe what you were trying to share?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#470 » by Slim Charless » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:18 pm

Wilber85 wrote:

Typical Californian response.

Typical Trumper response when faced with actual facts. How about you address his point. Or are you trying to say that while ppl all over the world are dying, over here there's only a few (real) covid deaths? The rest are just libtard lies and/or everyone (including the guys in this thread) getting paid off by Soros amiright....
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#471 » by Slim Charless » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:23 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I don't think he's trolling. I think he legitimately has these ridiculous opinions.

Yeah I know, unfortunately. He's the master of the hot take and the epitome of the reason RealGM needs a "-1" option.

Give me a -1 for being honest about statistics and facts.

I even had COVID-19.

To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing, I also bought into about 5 stocks in March and they have doubled. I am upset for the Small Businesses, the Students, the kids, etc.

Also. Thank you for taking time out of your day to deal with us regular folk. Not many billionaires feel like spending time on chat boards. Maybe you can lend Sarver some $$$ as his net worth is less then yours apparently.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#472 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:24 pm

Wait, we're getting paid ?! When do I get my toasty covid cheque?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#473 » by Slim Charless » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:29 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Wait, we're getting paid ?! When do I get my toasty covid cheque?

Ask Wilber85. He hopefully can hook his buddies on this board up and maybe even float Sarver some cash. Not much maybe just 50-60 mill or so. Pocket change to guy like that
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#474 » by cberry78 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:49 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Wait, we're getting paid ?! When do I get my toasty covid cheque?

Ask Wilber85. He hopefully can hook his buddies on this board up and maybe even float Sarver some cash. Not much maybe just 50-60 mill or so. Pocket change to guy like that

I'm cheap - I'll be OK with a mil or 2.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#475 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:03 am

This guy says "Typical Californian response." I just can't. If by that he meant reasonable and not a nutty conspiracy theorist response, then yes... typical Californian libtard here.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#476 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:08 am

cberry78 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I'm cheap - I'll be OK with a mil or 2.

Same. A million is fine for me that and Wilbur lending Sarver the money for us to get Brandon Ingram this off season. I'm not greedy, I'll sacrifice to get the Suns a chip.
bigfoot

Post#477 » by bigfoot » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:40 am

bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

So you're saying your pre-existing condition (cancer) didn't cause your death, the new one (car accident) did?

Kind of like people who had a pre-existing condition and then contracted Covid?

It was actually a bad metaphor lol. I am meaning if you had a heart attack you died from a heart attack not covid. but hospitals were writing up everything as Covid.

People can live a long life with diabetes as it can be controlled with diet and medications. But if they get COVID and die, suddenly you are saying it really wasn't COVID, it was diabetes that killed them. That is how you are choosing to interpret the CDC data you linked. That is a gross manipulation of data. A better way to look at this is by comparing the number of deaths this year to the number of deaths last year (excess deaths).

So looking at this graph from the CDC site which covers from 2017 to 2020 you can see we spiked in the spring and summer of 2020 and exceed the number of expected deaths. Sometimes by 20000 deaths per week. COVID is the only way to explain these extra deaths. It is probably underestimated too because the number of traffic-related fatalities has been reduced with people working and staying at home. Imagine what things would have been like had states not quarantined and shutdown.

Here is the link to the CDC graph ... https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm#dashboard

Dang Wilber!!! I was hoping you would be willing to respond in some way about this graph from the CDC. I hope you're not ignoring this real data. If it's not COVID, maybe you're willing to explain why we have seen extra deaths this spring/summer above and beyond the normal rate/
MrMiyagi

Post#478 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:09 am

bigfoot wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

Dang Wilber!!! I was hoping you would be willing to respond in some way about this graph from the CDC. I hope you're not ignoring this real data. If it's not COVID, maybe you're willing to explain why we have seen extra deaths this spring/summer above and beyond the normal rate/

Real talk, some of it may be due to people not being able to afford their insulin, which is another huge issue that needs addressing (which stems from several issues like: prescription drug prices, employment-based insurance, wage stagnation, piss-poor response to the Covid pandemic, dismantling the postal service for those who receive their prescriptions by mail, all play a part). Not downplaying the Covid disease factor, just pointing out another possible contributing factor to the spike (and bringing up more societal issues).
bigfoot

Post#479 » by bigfoot » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:38 pm

So the lion's share of COVID deaths has occurred in the elderly (65+). LIkely in the 150,000+ range of excess deaths. Now the average social security payment per month is $1500 or $18K per year. That is $2.7 trillion dollars (per year) off of the social security rolls. Over 5 years we are certainly looking at $10 trillion. Now I'm just waiting for Trump to say he's solved the social security deficit problem.
MrMiyagi

Post#480 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:37 pm

bigfoot wrote:So the lion's share of COVID deaths has occurred in the elderly (65+). LIkely in the 150,000+ range of excess deaths. Now the average social security payment per month is $1500 or $18K per year. That is $2.7 trillion dollars (per year) off of the social security rolls. Over 5 years we are certainly looking at $10 trillion. Now I'm just waiting for Trump to say he's solved the social security deficit problem.
18k x 150k = 2.7 Billion, not trillion. But I won't be surpised if those funds vanish and Social Security is continued to be peddled as a "failed program" in need of being cut.

Return to Phoenix Suns