Image ImageImage Image

who do you NOT want in this draft?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Who do you NOT want in this draft?

Anthony Edwards
1%
James Wiseman
10%
Lamelo Ball
38%
Deni Adjiva
12%
Obi Toppin
19%
Killian Hayes
8%
Onyeka Okongwu
4%
Tyrese Haliburton
4%
Devin Vassel
No votes
Cole Anthony
3%

Total votes: 99

cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Re: who do you NOT want in this draft? 

Post#41 » by cjbulls » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:23 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:
This is the most valid argument against Toppin I've heard so far, although David Lee wasn't nearly as athletic. Ideally I'd want Edwards, but he's not falling to 4, so either we trade down or Toppin it is. Tell me one player who'll likely be available at 4 with a higher upside than Toppin. I'll wait

You are shorting David Lee‘s athleticism quite a bit. He won the McDonald’s dunk contest coming out of HS.

Draft Express still has their scouting report page up from his draft. The first sentence: “A terrific athlete.”

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/David-Lee-87/

I remember David Lee. He wasn't nearly as explosive

Ok I’ll take your memories over the “at the time” words of Givony.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#42 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:24 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
You are shorting David Lee‘s athleticism quite a bit. He won the McDonald’s dunk contest coming out of HS.

Draft Express still has their scouting report page up from his draft. The first sentence: “A terrific athlete.”

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/David-Lee-87/

I remember David Lee. He wasn't nearly as explosive

Ok I’ll take your memories over the “at the time” words of Givony.

Thanks
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#43 » by Hold That » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:39 pm

Deni pretty easily for me
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#44 » by sco » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:53 pm

The 4th pick!

Trade down and get 2 guys between 7 and 20 - just don't see any sure-fire allstars. 2 starting-level talents like Vassell and Poku would really excite me.
:clap:
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#45 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:44 am

dougthonus wrote:
Mark K wrote:Wiseman and Toppin seem like such GarPax picks so definitely not them.

Quite honestly not sure what feels remotely GarPax about either of these guys.

Toppin's big knock is he's lazy with his upside being his athleticism. That seems the antithesis of a GarPax pick. I can't see why Wiseman is related to anything they've done ever.

Not an endorsement of either guy though.

The GarPax pick would likely be Okongwu. Strong college program, good fundamentals, lacks an outside jumper.

Thing is, he'd probably be very good for us so :dontknow:
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,321

Post#46 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Sep 3, 2020 6:57 am

It's as much of a crap shoot of a draft as can be, but if I had to pick a player or two I DO NOT want, then it's the big men - Wiseman and Okongwu. For the very easily and consistently observed phenomena that bigmen are just so consistently and predictably useless relative to essentially every other comparable ball handling/offensive creating guard/wing available.

It truly can't be overstated enough. Like how many times do we have to see that Joel Embiid or Karl Anthony Towns or Deandre Ayton have futile Win impact relative to their wing/guard piers to finally admit that these big man prototypes are truly archaic and should be vastly devalued when it comes to ultimately contending for real championship hopes.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#47 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:29 am

Do NOT want Hayes!
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,580

Post#48 » by Ice Man » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:25 am

I don't follow prospects closely, so somebody help me out. Is LaMelo clearly better than Lonzo, and if so how? Because if he's not better, then I don't want him at the #4 slot. Lonzo is a solid NBA player but no bargain as a 4th pick, even in a weak draft.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#49 » by Jcool0 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:30 am

Ice Man wrote:I don't follow prospects closely, so somebody help me out. Is LaMelo clearly better than Lonzo, and if so how? Because if he's not better, then I don't want him at the #4 slot. Lonzo is a solid NBA player but no bargain as a 4th pick, even in a weak draft.

I think LaMelo is considered better then Lonzo. Lonzo is better defensively and LeMelo is better distributing the ball. Both cant shoot to save their lives. But Lonzo wont jack up shots... LeMelo will.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,580

Post#50 » by Ice Man » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:39 am

Jcool0 wrote:I think LaMelo is considered better then Lonzo. Lonzo is better defensively and LeMelo is better distributing the ball. Both cant shoot to save their lives. But Lonzo wont jack up shots... LeMelo will.

Either way, a poor man's Rondo. Can pass, defend, rebound, and not shoot. But prime Rondo could blow past people to the rim, I haven't seen that from Lonzo.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#51 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:58 am

Ice Man wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:I think LaMelo is considered better then Lonzo. Lonzo is better defensively and LeMelo is better distributing the ball. Both cant shoot to save their lives. But Lonzo wont jack up shots... LeMelo will.

Either way, a poor man's Rondo. Can pass, defend, rebound, and not shoot. But prime Rondo could blow past people to the rim, I haven't seen that from Lonzo.

Yeah, the only way you can consider LaMello a top prospect is if you buy the premise that he'll improve his shot.
The problem is that this is a bad draft class. For example, I don't really like him that much, but in our current position, having a top pick, we just might have to roll the dice depending on the circumstances.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#52 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:19 am

Submitted my vote......... Deni

Not a great shooter, lacks athleticism, Does not project to be a defensive juggernaut. I have a really hard time understanding why people see so much potential in his game.

If drafted, I doubt he will ever be a better player than Lauri Markkanen, or Wendal Carter.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#53 » by Jcool0 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:22 am

2018C3 wrote:Submitted my vote......... Deni

Not a great shooter, lacks athleticism, Does not project to be a defensive juggernaut. I have a really hard time understanding why people see so much potential in his game.

1. He doesn't lack athleticism.

2. He projects to be a good defender.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,000

Post#54 » by Chi town » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:30 am

Jcool0 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:Submitted my vote......... Deni

1. He doesn't lack athleticism.

2. He projects to be a good defender.

Still don’t understand why people keep digging his athleticism and D when both are seen as average and plus by most scouts.
2018C3
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:37 am

I admit, to only watching highlights. Highlights are supposed to make players look great. Deni's highlights do not look good to me.

As opposed to this guy

These highlights make Hinton look great. If Deni is so good, why don't his highlights make him look decent? The only thing he has got going got going for him, is he is a 6'9" EuroLeague player with good per 36 minute stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/deni-avdija-1.html

I consider him one of the largest bust potential picks in the draft.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#56 » by Jcool0 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:42 am

2018C3 wrote:I admit, to only watching highlights. Highlights are supposed to make players look great. Deni's highlights do not look good to me.

As opposed to this guy

These highlights make Hinton look great. If Deni is so good, why don't his highlights make him look decent? The only thing he has got going got going for him, is he is a 6'9" EuroLeague player with good per 36 minute stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/deni-avdija-1.html

I consider him one of the largest bust potential picks in the draft.

Looks good to me

2018C3
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:49 am

I still think the bust potential of Deni is really high. I believe the team who drafts him will regret that decision in within three years time.

There will be a player picked within three spots after him that will make his pick look absolutely silly. He is surfing a Luka wave.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#58 » by Jcool0 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:54 am

2018C3 wrote:I still think the bust potential of Deni is really high. I believe the team who drafts him will regret that decision in within three years time.

There will be a player picked within three spots after him that will make his pick look absolutely silly.

You could say that about any of the top 5-6 players in this draft.
2018C3
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:06 am

At best, at max potential I see him as third offensive option. I'm sorry if his offends anyone.

Now more so than ever, in this draft you need to shoot for potential. Deni is not a guy you can one day hope to build a team around. He makes more sense going to a team with a strong structure in place.

We Bulls fans, do not yet have that structure in place for him to succeed. I just don't think he is the type of guy who can step in, and by will create a culture change.
2018C3
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by 2018C3 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:36 am

One thing that seems weird to me, is most you guys hated Pax/Gar.

Think to yourself who would Pax/ Gar pick? If you are objective in you reasoning, the Pax/Gar pick definitely would be Deni!

Return to Chicago Bulls