[Haynes] Mitchell and the Jazz will finalize a max extension when free agency opens

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

[Haynes] Mitchell and the Jazz will finalize a max extension when free agency opens 

Post#1 » by stitches » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Mitchell and the Jazz will finalize a max extension when free agency opens in mid-October, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Re: [Haynes] Mitchell and the Jazz will finalize a max extension when free agency opens 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:11 pm

That's good, I suppose. If we don't max him, somebody else will.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: [Haynes] Mitchell and the Jazz will finalize a max extension when free agency opens 

Post#3 » by stitches » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:22 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:That's good, I suppose. If we don't max him, somebody else will.

I think it's a no brainer.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#4 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:06 pm

I'm not someone who is particularly high on Mitchell, but this is a no brainer. Have to hold onto your assets.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#5 » by FJS » Wed Sep 2, 2020 7:32 pm

It's a no brainer. What he has done in 3 seasons is amazing. He is only 24 and he is the face of the franchise. He has done the next step, and he is going to improve. Now Jazz has to put pieces around him to maximize his talents.
Regards.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#6 » by red4hf » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:52 pm

FJS wrote:It's a no brainer. What he has done in 3 seasons is amazing. He is only 24 and he is the face of the franchise. He has done the next step, and he is going to improve. Now Jazz has to put pieces around him to maximize his talents.
Regards.

Completely agree.......
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#7 » by eLo » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:26 pm

first of all Gob >>> Mitchell so i only hope Rudy will stay as without him Mitchell will put only empty stats for like 35 mln$, second is this no brainer ... i guess its most obvious option but lets be honest Jazz could get a lot for him, young talents, draft picks etc. i dont know if that would not be smarter way for both sides, as Mitchell would not have to wear bulletproof vest, and feel endangered surround by all those white supremacist in Utah :D
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#8 » by zero24gravity » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:53 am

eLo wrote:first of all Gob >>> Mitchell so i only hope Rudy will stay as without him Mitchell will put only empty stats for like 35 mln$, second is this no brainer ... i guess its most obvious option but lets be honest Jazz could get a lot for him, young talents, draft picks etc. i dont know if that would not be smarter way for both sides :D

(Cut out the dumb so I could respond.)

Yes, they could get a lot for him. But you don't trade a young star player for assets you hope turn into a young star player. That's pointless. An older vet who might not be in your long term plans is who a team trades for "assets". Mitchell was a serious monster in that Nuggets series. Yes, the Nug-D was terrible, but he exhausted himself trying to will the team to wins, and did a remarkable job. His passion was evident, and he WANTED to win. He even D'd up Murray in the last game. Most stars shy away from that (especially when you're carrying the entire offense & play the entire game). Much respect for the Jazz star, and Gobert, too. Definitely pieces to build around, not pieces to trade for lesser parts.
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by eLo » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:20 am

zero24gravity wrote:
eLo wrote:first of all Gob >>> Mitchell so i only hope Rudy will stay as without him Mitchell will put only empty stats for like 35 mln$, second is this no brainer ... i guess its most obvious option but lets be honest Jazz could get a lot for him, young talents, draft picks etc. i dont know if that would not be smarter way for both sides :D

Mitchell was a serious monster in that Nuggets series. Yes, the Nug-D was terrible,
ok so we have an answer for great offensive performance :P but like i said Gob is only true difference maker and should be build around with "just" good shooters ... and as for Mitchell, well im sure his passion for game is huge, he definitely is making constans progres, but im not sure if he is a good player to lead this team, to be honest to lead any nba team past 2rd of playoffs

PS if Larry would be still alive no way he would let him stay in Utah, dude is consonantly praising some convicts :noway: seriously what is going on with this country
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#10 » by zero24gravity » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:58 am

eLo wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Mitchell was a serious monster in that Nuggets series. Yes, the Nug-D was terrible,
ok so we have an answer for great offensive performance :P but like i said Gob is only true difference maker and should be build around with "just" good shooters ... and as for Mitchell, well im sure his passion for game is huge, he definitely is making constans progres, but im not sure if he is a good player to lead this team, to be honest to lead any nba team past 2rd of playoffs

PS if Larry would be still alive no way he would let him stay in Utah, dude is consonantly praising some convicts :noway: seriously what is going on with this country

PS, that last comment was ridiculous.
red4hf

Post#11 » by red4hf » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:40 am

zero24gravity wrote:
eLo wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

If you make basketball decisions based on players' politics that's a surefire way of running a franchise into the ground......
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#12 » by DelaneyRudd » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:18 pm

red4hf wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
eLo wrote: ok so we have an answer for great offensive performance :P but like i said Gob is only true difference maker and should be build around with "just" good shooters ... and as for Mitchell, well im sure his passion for game is huge, he definitely is making constans progres, but im not sure if he is a good player to lead this team, to be honest to lead any nba team past 2rd of playoffs

If you make basketball decisions based on players' politics that's a surefire way of running a franchise into the ground......

Have you considered becoming a fan of rodeo or tractor pulls? Might find more like minded fans and less stress in your life.
red4hf

Post#13 » by red4hf » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:46 pm

DelaneyRudd wrote:
red4hf wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Have you considered becoming a fan of rodeo or tractor pulls? Might find more like minded fans and less stress in your life.

Huh?
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by eLo » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:31 pm

red4hf wrote:
DelaneyRudd wrote:
red4hf wrote:

Huh?

i guess our friend consider im some kind of "redneck" and basketball is not my pair of shoes :D but honestly im looking on usa from very far perspective, so it dont bring much stress to my life :) And about Mitchell and all this situation, i dont know what inappropriate i just said. Guys like Mitchell or Murray make fools of them self by honoring of those two convicts. To make things clear i don't justify police brutality, but lets be honest being killed/shoot etc. doesnt make you a hero. Politic dont have much to do with that, as like i said im not american so i dont give a damn about republicans or democrats and so on, honoring convicts/criminals is just wrong. I know its not great example so forgive me but on the go i dont have better one, for me its like if Ingels would come to press conference in shirt honoring ted bundy or something like that.

Plus Mitchell coming from such wealthy house saying that "spoiled white folks/kids" dont know how tough is to be black in america, calling them ignorant etc and making of himself a spokesman of all those ghetto poor black people, its just hilarious. Donovan you dont know neither about all those things you are talking about, the closest you will come to any black ghetto is if you make wrong turn in your ferrari ;)
red4hf

Post#15 » by red4hf » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:19 am

My point is, a smart GM and owner will separate basketball decisions from politics...... If you trade away a player because you don't like his politics (or of you trade for one whose politics you do like) as opposed to because he doesn't fit the team, that's just stupid.....

As far as the NBA goes, they just gave an award to someone who racially abused another player during a game...... That's how "anti-racist" they are...... And no one said a damn thing......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#16 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Sep 6, 2020 8:59 am

This is getting a bit off topic and also a little weird. Let's try to re-focus.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by eLo » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:26 pm

red4hf wrote:My point is, a smart GM and owner will separate basketball decisions from politics...... If you trade away a player because you don't like his politics (or of you trade for one whose politics you do like) as opposed to because he doesn't fit the team, that's just stupid.....

As far as the NBA goes, they just gave an award to someone who racially abused another player during a game...... That's how "anti-racist" they are...... And no one said a damn thing......

well nba is bunch of hypocrites, and also Morey case prows that. But like i said its not the case with Mitchell but lets just said that some of Jazz players would suport some neo nazi far right grup, would You also said that you have to separate this from basketball court?
Inigo Montoya wrote:This is getting a bit off topic and also a little weird. Let's try to re-focus.
ok this was last one :P
red4hf

Post#18 » by red4hf » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:10 pm

eLo wrote:
red4hf wrote:My point is, a smart GM and owner will separate basketball decisions from politics...... If you trade away a player because you don't like his politics (or of you trade for one whose politics you do like) as opposed to because he doesn't fit the team, that's just stupid.....

well nba is bunch of hypocrites, and also Morey case prows that. But like i said its not the case with Mitchell but lets just said that some of Jazz players would suport some neo nazi far right grup, would You also said that you have to separate this from basketball court?
Inigo Montoya wrote:This is getting a bit off topic and also a little weird. Let's try to re-focus.
ok this was last one :P

No, of course there are exceptions...... Supporting neo-nazis would be such an exception, but that's also an extreme example.....

Return to Utah Jazz