ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#741 » by zappafrank » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:45 pm

here is another example of rays dirty play. anyone remember Francisco Cervelli getting hurt in spring training? from wiki: On March 8, 2008, Cervelli fractured his wrist on a controversial play during a spring training game against the Tampa Bay Rays, when Rays infielder Elliot Johnson collided with him at home plate in the ninth inning. Joe Girardi, the Yankees manager said, "I think it was uncalled for, it's spring training and you are going to get people hurt and we got Cervelli hurt." He didn't return to action until June.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#742 » by Jump Shot » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:50 pm

And they come out and take the Yankees' lunch money immediately again.

Team has no fight.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#743 » by GEOLINK » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:34 am

zappafrank wrote:here is another example of rays dirty play. anyone remember Francisco Cervelli getting hurt in spring training? from wiki: On March 8, 2008, Cervelli fractured his wrist on a controversial play during a spring training game against the Tampa Bay Rays, when Rays infielder Elliot Johnson collided with him at home plate in the ninth inning. Joe Girardi, the Yankees manager said, "I think it was uncalled for, it's spring training and you are going to get people hurt and we got Cervelli hurt." He didn't return to action until June.

Yeah, I remember watching this game. That was a real dirty slide.

Rays have been a thorn in our asses for a very long time.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#744 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:51 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Chapman is here to eat your children. Those guns make him look like a monster.

Allowed 2 hits and a run, but his fastball topped out at 101. 2 straight sweeps for the Yanks.

Rays is the team I'm worried about. They're not far behind us for the top of ALE

So do you guys now see why Rays are a dangerous team ?
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#745 » by GEOLINK » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:28 pm

Told y'all we don't want to piss the Rays off.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#746 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:22 am

GEOLINK wrote:Told y'all we don't want to piss the Mets off.

:nod:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#747 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:24 am

GEOLINK wrote:Told y'all we don't want to piss the Rays off.

Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#748 » by GEOLINK » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:18 am

blue and orange wrote:

Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.

3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#749 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:33 am

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#750 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:31 am

The combo of Manfred (thanks for rushing his season resulting in mad injuries) + a lot of mental weaknesses (both pitching and hitting) as well as poor conditioning has killed this team. George woulda fired Boone by now had he been alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#751 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:33 am

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.

Only thing I would have done different is using someone like Cashman or an elder statesman on the team to publicly eviscerate manfred and Chris young for letting Cash off easy.

If we had played the Rays last night, I’d have thrown at Em again and had a pitcher go after Cash too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,793

Post#752 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:56 am

People soooooo overreacting to this fake ass, extended spring training baseball season.

Some team will luck out and get a bogus WS championship. Good for them and their asterisk.

The only good thing about this year is watching some of the kids get a bit of playing time, and that's due to the injuries, which were pretty much inevitable.

I'll be more interested in baseball, when they have a real season next year. Maybe.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#753 » by GEOLINK » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:05 pm

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

You missed the point of us kicking their ass for three straight games and losing the next 4.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#754 » by Papi_swav » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:17 pm

Well if we don't sweep the O's and go on a winning streak now we can kiss the post season goodbye
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#755 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:49 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.

You missed the point of us kicking their ass for three straight games and losing the next 4.

No I get your point I don’t regret the Yankees retaliating I just wish we didn’t suck. The 04 ALCS is not something I wannna think about.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#756 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:49 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.

No I get your point I don’t regret the Yankees retaliating I just wish we didn’t suck. The 04 ALCS is not something I wannna think about.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#757 » by ccvle » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:People soooooo overreacting to this fake ass, extended spring training baseball season.

Some team will luck out and get a bogus WS championship. Good for them and their asterisk.

The only good thing about this year is watching some of the kids get a bit of playing time, and that's due to the injuries, which were pretty much inevitable.

I'll be more interested in baseball, when they have a real season next year. Maybe.

That's just loser talk.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,793

Post#758 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:47 pm

ccvle wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:People soooooo overreacting to this fake ass, extended spring training baseball season.

That's just loser talk.

Having a 60 game meaningless season is loser talk

Though King, Clarke and Desi all looked like ass, so there's that.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#759 » by Oscirus » Sun Sep 6, 2020 5:34 am

Im glad we're giving cole all this money to lead the majors in hrs
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#760 » by GEOLINK » Sun Sep 6, 2020 6:09 am