PG Miami - This Buds For You

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,394

Re: PG Miami - This Buds For You 

Post#421 » by Revived » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:01 am

glenn wrote:
Revived wrote:Can’t blame just Bud. The team does not want to be there. Players on the team itself have said they don’t want to be in the bubble and would’ve rather been fighting for equality and what’s right in the country.

Basketball takes a backseat to that everytime. Imo, this series has been somewhat of a boycott from the Bucks.

I keep seeing this point made, but feel like it’s kind of bullsh*t. Every team is dealing with the same feelings.

Jimmy Butler may be an exception.

Every team might be dealing with it but no team is dealing with it as much as the Bucks. The Jacob Blake murder attempt happened IN Wisconsin. If Minnesota was in the playoffs during the time the George Floyd incident happened, you don’t think it would effect them more than other teams as well?

This Bucks team was always having fun and filled with joy during the regular season. They had the whole pregame ritual with the Lopez brothers of fighting with Giannis and joking and messing around and just generally enjoyed the game.

Hasn’t it been obvious that this team no longer has that joy or enjoyment they had before? It’s easy to see just from their body language.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#422 » by talbert » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:02 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
talbert wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:Why pay Midds then?

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Because you need 5 players on the court and why not get the best you possibly can. There was no other better option that wanted to come play in Milwaukee. But this isn't the point.

... Giannis can't get a shot over a defender. I mean Jesus Christ, get with RoLo, and work on a hook shot. :banghead:

no big does post moves anymore. You're more likely to see a random one by someone like Luka than a big trying to be Hakeem.

There needs to be another dimension to Giannis' game. Giannis can't consistently get a bucket from 6 feet out and that's absurd for how hard he works. Watch this video, this guy knows way more than me.

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#423 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:03 am

MHeat0279 wrote:Guys no trolling here, i am sorry for what you are going through, i myself have felt the pain back in the 90's with those knicks vs Heat claasic battles. Keep your heads up, things usually improve with time. Nothing against your team, but in a series there is always a winner and a loser. Just regroup, make whatever change needs to be made and keep on supporting your team. Good luck

Read on Twitter
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#424 » by King Ken » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:03 am

As an outsider who's been though this before, I'll give you my take:

1. You gotta look at the coaches. Can you upgrade from Bud and get someone who can get more out of these guys than him. If the answer is unclear, you gotta look at the roster. Middleton has shown that he's a very good regular season player but more of a Tobias Harris type than you know, a legit #2. With his contract, you know any trade back will get you 40-45 cents on the dollar so he's not worth moving unless you are just building fresh. Next is Bledsoe who's on a reasonable contract for his impact. You could probably get something sound for him if packaged with some other assets. The question is what could you get? Not much honestly. He plays the deepest position in the NBA and teams are dying for a PG who's more of a combo and cannot create for others. These types like Eric and Dennis Schroder have value but not much.

2. What's my trade options if I don't have good assets. You got to look at the rough assets and see who can help? Can Horford help? Can Tobias Harris help? Can Blake Griffin help? Can Chris Paul help? Can Andre Drummond help? CP3 clearly can help but sadly, you will have competition with Philly who has more assets and more willing to overpay due to having their squad for at least two more seasons without question. If you miss on CP3, who on this market could help? I am not sure and at the cost of Bledsoe might also just defeat the purpose as well. It's tough but Horst has his work cut out for him.

3. You can look at the bubble as unusual and make another run at it regardless with or without Bud. Why not? Best regular-season team. Get homecourt advantage and maybe you get lucky with the seeding. Avoid Boston, Miami, and other teams and maybe get Washington and teams like that instead. Sadly, the biggest mistake I see from MIL is some of the contracts like Middleton. A max cat has to be much better than this. Him and Tobias Harris has been big letdowns when it comes to pay to impact play. Giannis can't do it by himself.

4. Considering trading Giannis. He's a rental so generally, you will get 25 cents on a dollar unless it's to a team he wants to go to. So ask Giannis, if traded, where do you want to go. He says, Golden State, Miami, or Toronto. You look at GS, they have #2 overall, a top 5 protected pick next year from MIN, and Andrew Wiggins bad contract with limited impact. Does that appeal to Horst, IDK. It's highly unlikely they trade Green, Klay, or Steph.

Then you got Miami, who already made it clear they aren't trading Herro, Bam, or Butler. They do have guys like Robinson, and some others that could be appealing. Toronto has a number of guys like Powell, but no Siakam, O.G. or Lowry. Sadly, you need an idiot team like the Lakers who are desperate with a superstar already. Without one, my guess is Denver could have the best offer with MPJ, Gary Harris, and filler for a rental. That said, there is probably zero chance that Denver will do this deal without assurances that Giannis will resign so even then, it's unlikely. It's tough, teams aren't going to trade you major assets for a player who can Kawhi them especially if you can't win it all with them either.

I can see Boston considering something like #14/26, Hayward, and future assets for Giannis but I am not sure that's all that appealing for MIL. Maybe the best deals could come with a Giannis/Middleton package deal. That could maybe get two quality young assets. Might be something to consider.

In my opinion, run it back and if Giannis leaves, he leaves is the best option. But I can understand if Horst trades him, starts the youth movement, and hits reset. This is why, it's best to keep Bud until you know what's your trade options because you don't want to fire Bud if you are trading Giannis but if you keep him, you have to really think about it.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#425 » by talbert » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:20 am

DanoMac wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Giannis even at this level play is our best shot at a championship. Number one priority is keeping him. Once he is gone, our window at a championship is closed for at least five years.

I’m as upset and heartbroken as everybody else here, but yea, the “trade Giannis” takes need to stop.

He ain’t going anywhere. It’s not like he’s putting up 45 & 20 games and we’re losing. He’s not himself.

Wonder if he never really recovered from that pre COVID knee injury

I agree, dude, No way you trade him! You figure out a better way to fix his jump shot. He needs to be reasonable though, and accept the holes in his game are the reason we're losing, not that he doesn't have the right teammates.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,524

Post#426 » by th87 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:21 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I can't remember who it was that told me Tobes wouldn't get a second NBA contract and we bet on it (don't remember the bet, either) but I'll bet someone right now that Horst doesn't get another GM job in the NBA after this.

Sidney Lanier vs. Emunney (winner), I believe.

(Edit: already covered; cons of being late to the party)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#427 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:24 am

Paschke’s gonna be insufferable next season with his passive aggressive intimating-but-not-intimating that what happened in Orlando shouldn’t really count.

“Obviously in this league there are no excuses, Marques. But don’t the bizarre and unprecedented circumstances of the bubble perhaps prevent us from getting a true read on who this team really is?” *Paschke voice*
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#428 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:25 am

According to Spotrac, Bucks only have 5 players signed for 2021-22, at $81 million total.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks/yearly/cap/

Of course as soon as they sign Giannis to a super max, they will be right up at $125 million with his deal and then however more million to fill up the roster.

So in the summer of 2021, you have all these free agents and superstars with player options:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/

Most of the big names with PO are likely to re-sign with their teams for more money or opt in.

So are there other players who could help the Bucks? They sign some name free agents then Giannis signs last but that means their salary cap goes up to around $150 million or more.

Probably not financially viable, even without the pandemic.

But if Giannis comes to believe he needs at least another star to play with him, Bucks may have no choice but to promise to add more talent.
th87
General Manager

Post#429 » by th87 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:34 am

RubberSoul wrote:This team/state is cursed. Between Packers epic playoff chokes, Brewers being a game away from the World Series, and Badgers collapse against Duke I don’t know how much more I can take as a sports fan.

I have three young kids and am leaning towards not exposing them to sports at all so they don’t have to deal with the agony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% my plan. And think of the time saved.
th87
General Manager

Post#430 » by th87 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:41 am

Epicurus wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Maybe the problem is that Mickey is making the game threads.
Naw, we both know well who is to blame---that damned Stotts guy.

What a smatchet he was.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#431 » by MrHoneycutt » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:58 am

trwi7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:The General board has aleways been a cesspool.

I’d like it a lot more if it was a sexpool.

Sex cauldron? I thought they closed that place down.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#432 » by MrHoneycutt » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:06 am

out of all the blame to be passed around, I give a ton to my parents.

If they would have had the guts and frankly the smarts to get the f*** out of Milwaukee before I was born (or at any point before I became a fan), then this wouldn't be happening.

Bud can go jump in a lake, and GIannis has been exposed. Something happened with this team, and not just the pandemic/the toll of racial injustice/etc.

Oh well. Maybe this will finally get it through my skull that the Bucks nor the Brewers will ever win it all in my lifetime, and that things will be more comfortable back in the 8th seed. Or, better still, I can stop paying so much attention to sports now and again.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,684

Post#433 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:32 am

humanrefutation wrote:Well, if any team is going to come back down 3-0, it'll happen in 2020.

I was thinking the same thing, and if any team ever does it, it will obviously be a 1st seed with a historic net rating/defense. It is very clear the team can do a lot better than this. If they win game 4, the pressure is kind of on for the Heat, but that's gonna be a tough game, because the Heat has little pressure, they are up 3-0.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,042

Post#434 » by Magic Giannison » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:34 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Well, if any team is going to come back down 3-0, it'll happen in 2020.

I was thinking the same thing, and if any team ever does it, it will obviously be a 1st seed with a historic net rating/defense. It is very clear the team can do a lot better than this. If they win game 4, the pressure is kind of on for the Heat, but that's gonna be a tough game, because the Heat has little pressure, they are up 3-0.

Problem is we need to play we did in RS and thats not happening vs the zone defense...

Mentally some players do not want to even be here .... its **** up.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Post#435 » by tonyreyes123 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:39 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:

Yeah someone has to come back from 3-0 but with no home court this year it makes it harder. I think if the Bucks get down game 4 they’ll mail it in
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#436 » by ejn1214 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:40 am

Revived wrote:
glenn wrote:
Revived wrote:Can’t blame just Bud. The team does not want to be there. Players on the team itself have said they don’t want to be in the bubble and would’ve rather been fighting for equality and what’s right in the country.

Basketball takes a backseat to that everytime. Imo, this series has been somewhat of a boycott from the Bucks.

I keep seeing this point made, but feel like it’s kind of bullsh*t. Every team is dealing with the same feelings.

Jimmy Butler may be an exception.

Every team might be dealing with it but no team is dealing with it as much as the Bucks. The Jacob Blake murder attempt happened IN Wisconsin. If Minnesota was in the playoffs during the time the George Floyd incident happened, you don’t think it would effect them more than other teams as well?

This Bucks team was always having fun and filled with joy during the regular season. They had the whole pregame ritual with the Lopez brothers of fighting with Giannis and joking and messing around and just generally enjoyed the game.

Hasn’t it been obvious that this team no longer has that joy or enjoyment they had before? It’s easy to see just from their body language.

It's bs? The leader of our team said we shouldn't be there. Can any other team relate to that? Like it or not George hill screwed us. It's seems fake for him to talk about coming back in the series. Im not sure why he didn't just leave cause no one was stopping him. It still would have killed our chemistry but atleast he would have seemed genuine. Also is he donating his playoff salary? If not, I can't see how anyone could respect him.
grloung
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#437 » by grloung » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:53 am

Bucksmaniac wrote:So get ready for a hot take: does anyone know for sure why Bud’s house was on the market? Maybe he had a foot out the door and this was just his appropriate farewell?

Word was the Beach Dr. house being traded for a condo downtown + lake country house.
th87
General Manager

Post#438 » by th87 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:36 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:

The Bucks are a gritty, tough-minded team who kick it up a notch when their backs are against the wall.
Cythaps
Senior
And1: 414

Post#439 » by Cythaps » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:59 am

talbert wrote:I agree, dude, No way you trade him! You figure out a better way to fix his jump shot. He needs to be reasonable though, and accept the holes in his game are the reason we're losing, not that he doesn't have the right teammates.

I really can't believe what I'm reading. So you think that if Giannis was playing with the Miami roster and coaching he wouldn't be winning because of the holes in his game? Really now? Have you really seen our offense? Have you ever seen a worse, more uninspired, more stagnant offense in any playoff team? Even Orlando ran a better offense than us.

Like many people said, Giannis has flaws, but what he can give both in defense and offense is unique if you take advantage of it. We simply cannot do it. We couldn't even get an above average 3 point shooting team around him or someone that can pass him the ball in motion. Hell, we couldn't even manage to get the spacing to half decent.
th87
General Manager

Post#440 » by th87 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:10 am

Thoughts:

- As the cliche goes, the team takes on the personality of the coach, and we have here a choker who folds whenever he's faced a decent team in the playoffs (would've lost to the Celtics too; remember it was the players who told him to adjust). We learned that playoff basketball is different.

- Being an inexperienced front office, Horst and crew didn't realize how different the postseason was, and paid mentally-weak Bledsoe and Middleton based on their regular season accomplishments, at the expense of the better closer in Brogdon. This was a terrible mistake which we wouldn't notice during the regular season, but became glaring.

- This is not a smart team. Every time they'd seize momentum, they'd pull up into an early 3, and then leave people open for 3. No value of possessions. This is not Detroit man.

- Maybe some team would take our regular season RAPM stars for their lesser gamers who step it up facing adversity. Jimmy Butler was panned by the analytics crowd when he was available, but he has the ability to impose his will when needed.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks