TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Re: PG Miami - This Buds For You 

Post#481 » by TD75 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:25 pm

machu46 wrote:
TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get it to an extent, but the team as a whole is scoring 1.10 points per possession in the playoffs and 1.07 in this series, so is the answer really to use a play that generates less than that more often?

Having said that, yes, theoretically I think many of the things being discussed here would be good. More Giannis as roller, more Giannis getting screens, etc.

The problem is not JUST the Giannis possessions (and the fact that you are still looking for ways to make his game more efficient/get him rolling and you are totally disregarding a very potent option here). The problem also is the wasted possessions when Bucks players are put in situations that are not advantageous for them specifically (see DDV PnRs).

Also I don't understand this. Given that the games have been close (at least the first two ones) people were happy to heavily criticize Giannis for missing FTs, but suddenly people are supposed to close their eyes to all the wasted possessions for the Bucks? The early 3 pointers without even exchanging a pass, the DDV PnRs, (scratch that, the DDV minutes have been horrible), the Giannis PnRs on the top of the offense instead of the sides, the horrible spacing (that also does not allow Giannis to post since he would get doubled right away since the setup is such that allows the Heat to double him and leave a bad shooter open - or a Bucks player cuts at the wrong time - and passing out of a double team in the post is very difficult and leads to turnovers).
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#482 » by AreBe » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:39 pm

LEARN THIS: The other team is not going to let you do what you want to do. They will take it away. You must have a "Plan B" because the other team's coaches are going to pick their poison, and they are not picking your plan "A".

You show me a team in the second round of the playoffs and I'll show you a team that has the talent and the guts to take way your plan A. There are no chumps in the second round. Professional athletes at the panicle of their sport want to win.

The Bucks need a veteran who can teach the team to "enjoy the moment" like Kawhi told the Raptors as they were getting whipped by the Bucks last year. Head in the game each and every possession, let's win the next 24 second period until the game is done.

It's supposed to be difficult.
It's supposed to suck.
Those real-deal NBA players and those real deal NBA stars on the other team are also trying to win
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Post#483 » by emunney » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:42 pm

Maniatt has been calling for more side pick and roll with Giannis as the screener and I agree with him, having always been a huge fan of side PnR, just think it helps the perspective of the handler and creates so much space on the weak side.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AreBe
Bench Warmer

Post#484 » by AreBe » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:44 pm

TD75 wrote:Also I don't understand this. Given that the games have been close (at least the first two ones) people were happy to heavily criticize Giannis for missing FTs, but suddenly people are supposed to close their eyes to all the wasted possessions for the Bucks? The early 3 pointers without even exchanging a pass, the DDV PnRs, (scratch that, the DDV minutes have been horrible), the Giannis PnRs on the top of the offense instead of the sides, the horrible spacing (that also does not allow Giannis to post since he would get doubled right away since the setup is such that allows the Heat to double him and leave a bad shooter open - or a Bucks player cuts at the wrong time - and passing out of a double team in the post is very difficult and leads to turnovers).

Every possession matters in the playoffs. Each and every 24 second period counts. Pathetic that this is still an issue for the Bucks. They have been here. They should know that.
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#485 » by skones » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:45 pm

AreBe wrote:
TD75 wrote:Also I don't understand this. Given that the games have been close (at least the first two ones) people were happy to heavily criticize Giannis for missing FTs, but suddenly people are supposed to close their eyes to all the wasted possessions for the Bucks? The early 3 pointers without even exchanging a pass, the DDV PnRs, (scratch that, the DDV minutes have been horrible), the Giannis PnRs on the top of the offense instead of the sides, the horrible spacing (that also does not allow Giannis to post since he would get doubled right away since the setup is such that allows the Heat to double him and leave a bad shooter open - or a Bucks player cuts at the wrong time - and passing out of a double team in the post is very difficult and leads to turnovers).

Every possession matters in the playoffs. Each and every 24 second period counts. Pathetic that this is still an issue for the Bucks. They have been here. They should know that.

LEARN THIS:

Read the room and **** off.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Post#486 » by emunney » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:49 pm

Thought DDV was pretty good yesterday overall but he doesn't have the handles to run PnR, particularly against this team. That dunk yesterday caught me (and Bam) off guard. Had been feeling like he was less explosive in the restart.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AreBe
Bench Warmer

Post#487 » by AreBe » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:54 pm

skones wrote:
LEARN THIS:

Unfortunately, that attitude will not help the Bucks win a long series of 24 second periods until 16 games are won and Milwaukee hosts a championship parade.

Instead, say, "What can we learn from what the Raptors did to us last year and what the Heat are doing to us now?"

I am not happy about Milwaukee being on the ropes. I would love a rematch
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,733

Post#488 » by yannisk » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:33 pm

emunney wrote:Maniatt has been calling for more side pick and roll with Giannis as the screener and I agree with him, having always been a huge fan of side PnR, just think it helps the perspective of the handler and creates so much space on the weak side.

PnR with Giannis as the screener should be heavily used but we don't have competent guards to play it, usually they don't feel confident to make the pass to rolling Giannis
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#489 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:34 pm

Can we all agree that no one here ever gets to scold a fellow Bucks fan for being a “chicken little” ever again? The sky has always been falling.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,236

Post#490 » by KidA24 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:35 pm

Cythaps wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Cythaps wrote:
Our 3pt shooting % despite our dominating regular season was 18th out of 30 teams, and 12th out of the 16 playoff teams. This is hardly above average. But what's even worse, because of Giannis and defenses collapsing to guard him, we had the most wide open 3pt shot attempts in the regular season and we were 27th in %. I don't really know what more to say.

And if you take out Giannis, RoLo and the other guys who aren't playing in the playoffs, it goes up to 37%, which puts them at 7th in the league. They are a very good shooting 3 pt team, especially the guys who are playing in this series, except for Giannis.

Even if you do that and take Giannis, Rolo and the others that havent played in the playoffs out, and even without taking out all other teams' crappy regular season players that don't play in the playoffs, we're still 11th out of 16 on open 3pts among playoff teams.

Dude. You can't just make **** up.

They are 8th with Giannis.
https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/team/_/table/offensive/sort/threePointPct/dir/desc

Without him they are 5th. He's taken the 3rd most 3's on the team and is shooting the worst percentage.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,236

Post#491 » by KidA24 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:36 pm

yannisk wrote:
emunney wrote:Maniatt has been calling for more side pick and roll with Giannis as the screener and I agree with him, having always been a huge fan of side PnR, just think it helps the perspective of the handler and creates so much space on the weak side.

PnR with Giannis as the screener should be heavily used but we don't have competent guards to play it, usually they don't feel confident to make the pass to rolling Giannis

Giannis needs to set a goddamn screen. He doesn't. So they don't run it.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,117

Post#492 » by LittleRooster » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Can we all agree that no one here ever gets to scold a fellow Bucks fan for being a “chicken little” ever again? The sky has always been falling.

Chuck, I say this with genuine curiosity, a few weeks (months?) ago you felt Bud was the best thing to happen to the Bucks. Has this restart and what’s happened in this series changed that for you (it has for me). My fear, though, is who is out there that would be an upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,817

Post#493 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:29 pm

my gut instinct is that this team can pull off the impossible
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,636

Post#494 » by machu46 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:38 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:my gut instinct is that this team can pull off the impossible

Feel like that might just be indigestion mate

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
AreBe
Bench Warmer

Post#495 » by AreBe » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:04 pm

1 How come the Bucks don't know that every possession matters? It's the playoffs. They have been here before. They should, but do not know that each possession in the playoffs is intense. Sloppy on offense. Not good.

2 How come the Bucks don't understand that the other teams in the second round also have star players and real-deal NBA players who re hyper-competitive and want to win? The Bucks don't understand that the other team is trying too.

3 How come the Bucks don't understand that the other team's coaches are going to watch game tape and find an angle. All coaches have watched the Raptors series last year. Everyone picks their poison and takes away the other team's plan A. Why are the Bucks surprised that the other team is focusing on stopping Giannis.

4 What does it take for the Bucks to learn that a made 2 is much better than a missed 3 and an easy lay-up the other way- That's a 5 point swing, missed 3 plus 2 the other way. Why do they not get that?

What I would do and why I am not an NBA coach:
1, Iso plays for Giannis. The crazy part- use him as a decoy to create acres of space as the double team follows him to the corner.
2, No more 3's- if the wall is under the basket, do not kick out for the missed 3, but for the mid-range jump shot and make it!
3, Giannis does not have to score, but he must block and get rebounds. Use him as a decoy and score easy baskets (yes, the other team will figure this out and make adjustments- and bam! Giannis is open again and starts scoring
In writing this, I have considered the following:

Do not post with the purposeful intent of coercing some form of response from other users. Do not make posts deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other users in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Do not make gratuitous generalizations about fanbases that only end up riling up other users.

Another form of baiting is known as “derailing” - this is deliberate act of making statements with an aim of diverting the topic of a thread significantly from its main focus.

When replying to a post, your own post must be about the post to which you are replying, not the poster themselves. Do not treat another member with deliberate rudeness and contemp
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#496 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:34 pm

4:36 left, 99 Bucks 98 Heat. 6/9fta to start Q4 came on pure garbage calls. What game are these fools watching?

Giannis got all ball blocking Bam. Jimmy isn't touched on his putback attempt & again Jimmy flops to sell being hit on his jumpshot. Khris didn't play up into him or make contact.

That's shifting the momentum.

Bucks aren't helping themselves but call a fair game. That just infuriates me.

*4:00 Butler flopping out of the board off Brolo roll out 3, Hill didn't make him fall. Garbage basketball.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#497 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:34 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Can we all agree that no one here ever gets to scold a fellow Bucks fan for being a “chicken little” ever again? The sky has always been falling.

Chuck, I say this with genuine curiosity, a few weeks (months?) ago you felt Bud was the best thing to happen to the Bucks. Has this restart and what’s happened in this series changed that for you (it has for me). My fear, though, is who is out there that would be an upgrade?

It has to the extent that I’m now very torn on Bud. You’d be foolish not to question his ceiling as a playoff coach.

I stand by my declaration that Bud was the best thing to happen to the Bucks, as I still begrudgingly stand by Bud. He healed this team in so many ways that are easy to forget when things are as painful as they are right now. He implemented a system that had us with back to back franchise records, was instrumental in Giannis’s consecutive MVPs, Middleton’s transformation into a two time all star, Bledsoe and Lopez’s unlocking into All-Defensive players. He changed the overall vibe of the franchise from miserable under Kidd/Hammond/Prunty/Horst to one where players seemed genuinely enthused about being apart of the Bucks. For the first time in my fandom things were good that a Bucks assistant was hired to become a head coach of another team, with current assistants ready to follow suit. His philosophy even reshaped the Herd into the G-leagues best team. All of that isn’t lost on me after all the miserable seasons I’ve followed this team. How do we weigh all the good stuff against two straight postseason disasters?

He also appears to suffer from whatever Eric Bledsoe suffers from in the playoffs. There’s no getting around that now. He’s a really smart guy though, and I’m going to give him one more year of faith that he’ll break through. I think tearing the staff apart right now would cause more harm than good.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 745

Post#498 » by tonyreyes123 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:39 pm

Refs being blamed for this series is foolish, they kept us from getting blown out game 2. It’s on Giannis & Bud + our bench
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,173

Post#499 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:57 pm

AreBe wrote:
skones wrote:
LEARN THIS:

Unfortunately, that attitude will not help the Bucks win a long series of 24 second periods until 16 games are won and Milwaukee hosts a championship parade.

Instead, say, "What can we learn from what the Raptors did to us last year and what the Heat are doing to us now?"

I am not happy about Milwaukee being on the ropes. I would love a rematch

There is no losers bracket.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#500 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:12 pm

tonyreyes123 wrote:Refs being blamed for this series is foolish, they kept us from getting blown out game 2. It’s on Giannis & Bud + our bench

Giannis played through that tweaked ankle. The 3pt shots were mostly poor attempts. We know he's in his head at the FT line. That I'll take. Bledsoe really messed things up down the stretch with TOs & sloppy play.

DDV had a good game finally.

I didn't say anything about the series, but the 4th quarter. The refs put the Heat on the line with very questionable calls, while they were losing. They took the lead during that moment.

Butler does anything to win, including flopping. Lots of flopping & flailing.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks