ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (5) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 6th @ 330 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,711

Re: Miami Heat (5) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) September 6th @ 330 PM EST 

Post#841 » by HeatFanDan » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:32 pm

Not liking how the refs are allowing Lopez to kick his legs out on his 3's. Makes it virtually impossible to contest the shot. Wasn't that supposed to be a "point of emphasis" for the officials?
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,365

Post#842 » by MHeat0279 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:36 pm

HeatFanDan wrote:Not liking how the refs are allowing Lopez to kick his legs out on his 3's. Makes it virtually impossible to contest the shot. Wasn't that supposed to be a "point of emphasis" for the officials?

They want the series to extend at least, see game 2 and part of this game as well.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,740

Post#843 » by Wiltside » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:38 pm

Really, this one was a game of inches.

IF Bam didn't contest so hard on that late clock Lopez fadeaway (late call ref...)
IF Jimmy got the foul call on that drive, rather than it being a turnover
IF Jimmy didn't settle for trying to draw the foul when we were up 1 late in the 4th
IF Goran got to the spot a second earlier to draw the charge on Divincenzo

None of that went our way today. I thought we were going to close when we got up late in the fourth, but it wasn't to be. Credit to Milwaukee for finding a way without the MVP. Middleton went Durant mode, unfreakinbelievable.

Reality is though, despite the 3-1 scoreline, all games have been pretty hotly contested the entire way. I'm confident we can win one of the next 3 games to advance, but it's not gonna be easy.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#844 » by DayofMourning » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:40 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Also, DJJ getting no minutes means he's gone. If dude can't beat out Kendrick "I'm scared of dis chit" Nunn for minutes, then he's not on the roster next year.

its strange, I thought they could use his length/defense

I'd trust DJJ on the floor any day over Nunn. Nunn's absence of a game outside of his mid range shots really hurts. Those turnovers the last game were so cringeworthy.
HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant

Post#845 » by HeatFanDan » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:40 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
HeatFanDan wrote:Not liking how the refs are allowing Lopez to kick his legs out on his 3's. Makes it virtually impossible to contest the shot. Wasn't that supposed to be a "point of emphasis" for the officials?

They want the series to extend at least, see game 2 and part of this game as well.

Yeah, that goes without saying. The NBA is known for that. I was just pointing at a specific gripe I have with the officiating. Bucks been getting help since Game 2.
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#846 » by Majestic7 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:44 pm

Ouch! Let an incredible opportunity slip away!! Let the sweep get swept away.
Better show up BIG TIME in game 5. Close this series out! No more letdowns.

Game Stats…

Full Game Highlights…

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#847 » by DayofMourning » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:45 pm

Just noticed how poorly Butler and Goran shot the ball.

They feed off each other. Feels like a mental loss in this one.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#848 » by Wiltside » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:45 pm

We simply can’t let them get their confidence up now. This team was the first seed for a reason.

If we drop game 5, this is going to go 7. Do not want.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#849 » by MHeat0279 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:46 pm

HeatFanDan wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Yeah, that goes without saying. The NBA is known for that. I was just pointing at a specific gripe I have with the officiating. Bucks been getting help since Game 2.

Their calls are attrocious against the heat, when they scrutinize the Heat defense everytime we try to defend it becomea very hard to stop them, i dont get why they dont call it evenly, the bucks foul, and foul a lot. Its beyond my comprehension why the game is not evenly called. With more effort we could have pulled this game despite the horrible calls.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#850 » by IggieCC » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:49 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel like he did a pretty good job on both ends and really wasn't the main problem.

If we're counting on Jimmy to score 40 and destroy everything to the Finals then we're being delusional. He was never that kind of a player and never will be at this point. Supporting cast gotta hit shots and they will

In an elimination game our super star, our leader got out scored by someone playing 11 mins. Again this should have been an elimination game. I could sorta understand if he shut down or made Middleton's life impossible but that was not the case. Sure we will win this series but im just disappointed in Butler for this game. He will make it up next game but when you have your opponent on the rope ready to finish them off, he played like that tonight. Next game i guess. Bam was impressive and showing he is a force to deal with, the defense has been there but now the offense is starting to slowly click for him. Herro with that ice cold 3 when we needed it the most.

Understood the frustration. I'm just being realistic about my expectations of Butler. Talk about being similar to Scottie Pippen, Butler is it imo. Compare their stats at age 30 and they're most likely identical. He'll hit some shots when he's on but he's not a shooter. He can score but he's not even really a scorer. He's good for 20/6/6 and plays the right way, plays hard, and being a great teammate. Pippen almost made it to the Finals without MJ and so can Bulter if everything clicks in the bubble. Pippen was a better defender due to his insane length, but Butler is a slightly better offensively because of his ability to get to the line and hit FTs. This is how I see it and I don't usually get up and down about his scoring productions. It can be FRUSTRATING, but that's how it is imo
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,732

Post#851 » by Chalm Down » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:53 pm

jimmy is very unpredictable, epitome of wildcardbitches.gif

worthy of his max for now, but yes his scoring total wont be consistent 27/7/7 like LeBron or wade back in the day
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#852 » by MHeat0279 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:54 pm

Chalm Down wrote:jimmy is very unpredictable, epitome of wildcardbitches.gif

worthy of his max for now, but yes his scoring total wont be consistent 27/7/7 like LeBron or wade back in the day

I totally get this, but the whole team's demeanor was bad today, they looked like thet all got drunk last night. The speed and intensity was not there.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#853 » by Chalm Down » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:55 pm

Majestic7 wrote:Ouch! Let an incredible opportunity slip away!! Let the sweep get swept away.
Better show up BIG TIME in game 5. Close this series out! No more letdowns.

Game Stats…

Spoiler:

Full Game Highlights…

nice boxout at least
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#854 » by Chalm Down » Sun Sep 6, 2020 11:58 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:jimmy is very unpredictable, epitome of wildcardbitches.gif

I totally get this, but the whole team's demeanor was bad today, they looked like thet all got drunk last night. The speed and intensity was not there.

i agree, I think they were thrown off by having to focus on Middleton instead of Giannis, and Mathews locking up butler

playoffs is a game of counterpunches, need to have a plan for those two issues in the next game
HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant

Post#855 » by HeatFanDan » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:11 am

IggieCC wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
IggieCC wrote:I feel like he did a pretty good job on both ends and really wasn't the main problem.

If we're counting on Jimmy to score 40 and destroy everything to the Finals then we're being delusional. He was never that kind of a player and never will be at this point. Supporting cast gotta hit shots and they will

In an elimination game our super star, our leader got out scored by someone playing 11 mins. Again this should have been an elimination game. I could sorta understand if he shut down or made Middleton's life impossible but that was not the case. Sure we will win this series but im just disappointed in Butler for this game. He will make it up next game but when you have your opponent on the rope ready to finish them off, he played like that tonight. Next game i guess. Bam was impressive and showing he is a force to deal with, the defense has been there but now the offense is starting to slowly click for him. Herro with that ice cold 3 when we needed it the most.

Understood the frustration. I'm just being realistic about my expectations of Butler. Talk about being similar to Scottie Pippen, Butler is it imo. Compare their stats at age 30 and they're most likely identical. He'll hit some shots when he's on but he's not a shooter. He can score but he's not even really a scorer. He's good for 20/6/6 and plays the right way, plays hard, and being a great teammate. Pippen almost made it to the Finals without MJ and so can Bulter if everything clicks in the bubble. Pippen was a better defender due to his insane length, but Butler is a slightly better offensively because of his ability to get to the line and hit FTs. This is how I see it and I don't usually get up and down about his scoring productions. It can be FRUSTRATING, but that's how it is imo

Pip is my 2nd favorite NBA player of all time. Love the Pip-Butler comparison, Iggs. Good stuff.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,320

Post#856 » by Bishop45 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:22 am

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#857 » by Wiltside » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:27 am

Good call Iggs, even the way Butler runs the Point position from the Wing is Pipesque. Never really made that connection. Pip the better shooter and better pure athlete, Butler better at drawing contact and converting at the line.

Guess that makes Herro our Jordan. Baby GOAT szn.
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#858 » by Trapstar3 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:49 am

Trapstar3 wrote:This OP is the real deal huh?

Or not...
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#859 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:02 am

Was working on my car all day so after the first half only caught glimpses of the rest of the game.
To quote the late great Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook"
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Jfh20
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,773

Post#860 » by Jfh20 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 1:11 am

only good i can take from this loss is how special herro really is... other fans from other team wishing there teams had drafted him... Butler and goran have to play better if we are to close this out.... good to see duncan find his stroke. Really need to bring it next game.

Return to Miami Heat