2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#2281 » by ShayDee » Mon Sep 7, 2020 10:57 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Wiseman's only issue in year 1 will be foul trouble. I am not worried about anything else. But throughout the season it will be up to Dray and the coaching staff to teach him how to defend without lowering his arms or biting pump fakes. One hand close to the opponents hip and one hand in the air is enough for Wiseman to guard anyone on the floor if he is strong enough. He will not need to jump to trouble anyone matched against him. And if he doesn't bite the pump fakes, him jumping right after his opponents shoots should just give him enough time and space to block the shot because of his athleticism, height and Wingspan

And I agree up to a point. His mentality is an open question, and that can hamstring all of it.

At the end of the day, it's better he gets the foul trouble than Draymond or any of our other core players when they guard bigger players so they will be fresh for crunch time
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2282 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:37 pm

Little Digger wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Wiseman is the BPA in this draft, whether anyone wants to believe or not. Also has the least bust potential

I just don’t see where that strong conviction comes from..The two high schools games of him I’ve seen , he had good moments but didn’t compete as hard down the stretch as his opponent did..add on the fact that he didn’t even finish his college season , and that’s where my doubts comes from..I havnt seen the fire yet..Does he even like to compete? I’m not sure

If not factoring in competitive desire, ya I’d take him with the Warriors pick

Most Aircraft Carriers dont have the fire (Most people don’t have it)...POB, Joe Barely Cares Carroll etc

There’s around 2800 7 footers in the entire world ..so finding one that’s between 19 to 35 , athletic, and competitive? That’s very rare

You watched two high school highlight videos. You didn’t watch the whole game.

I saw him play a full game about a year and a half a go. He was hands down the best player on the floor. Now that game featured the top players from his class, so neither Mobley was part of it, as they are younger.

And just because Evan Mobley scores on you shouldn’t be a damning statement. That kid is legitimately in the KD discussion if he stays healthy. He’s a can’t miss imo.

And the best players in the league get scored on, big deal. It’s not like he wasn’t competing either. I think you didn’t realize how effing good Evan Mobley is before you watched.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2283 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:39 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Wiseman can't shoot FT's which means that he'll never have a reliable jump shot...his ceiling is somewhere between Javale McGee and Clint Capela...

Can’t shoot free throws lol?

Ok bud, now you’re reaching
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2284 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:42 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:
Capela and McGee are both good players...rim runners who can catch the lob...long wingspans...can be disruptive on D but won't be able to switch and show...that's basically all Wiseman will ever be...

No dude stop lying. McGee and Capella cannot shoot or handle the ball without turning it over which Wiseman can already do. That eliminates them as his potential ceiling and makes him the best 7ft prospect in a while

I've seen Wiseman handle the ball and not turn it over in an empty gym against orange cones...

There’s plenty of video of him handling in games if you care to find them.

I’m about to sig you with your own words.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2285 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:45 pm

wco81 wrote:Draymond apparently said or tweeted that NBA centers, except for a couple of them, are praying that Houston doesn't beat the Lakers because if they do, their job prospects are blown.

What he said was that if the Lakers get knocked out by Houston, it’s gonna cost a lot of big guys money.
Khoee wrote “
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#2286 » by Little Digger » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:56 pm

If Wise is really good his rookie year, you’re going to claim victory..When in reality you’re just guessing like the rest of us..like I said.if he turns out to really compete and work hard on the NBA level ..then I’ll love the pick too..there will be no poster credit given though..cause I know you have nothing to justify this strong conviction..

1. Avdija
2. Williams
3. Wiseman

With weak conviction

I just saw a scouting video of Okongwu..The guy kept comparing him to Bam13..Good luck with that lol..Bam has a genius b-ball IQ, handles and a shot ..

The hype on some of these guys has zero basis in reality
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2287 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:05 am

Little Digger wrote:If Wise is really good his rookie year, you’re going to claim victory..When in reality you’re just guessing like the rest of us..like I said.if he turns out to really compete and work hard on the NBA level ..then I’ll love the pick too..there will be no poster credit given though..cause I know you have nothing to justify this strong conviction..

1. Avdija
2. Williams
3. Wiseman

With weak conviction

I just saw a scouting video of Okongwu..The guy kept comparing him to Bam13..Good luck with that lol..Bam has a genius b-ball IQ, handles and a shot ..

And if I’m his first game he fouls out or misses a rotation you guys will be all over me. No worries.

Like my new sig?
Khoee wrote “
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#2288 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Sep 8, 2020 4:45 pm

I have paralysis from over-analysis at this point and don't know who I want them to draft. I give up. Really the only thing I know for sure is I don't want Lamelo.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#2289 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:24 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:If Wise is really good his rookie year, you’re going to claim victory..When in reality you’re just guessing like the rest of us..like I said.if he turns out to really compete and work hard on the NBA level ..then I’ll love the pick too..there will be no poster credit given though..cause I know you have nothing to justify this strong conviction..

1. Avdija
2. Williams
3. Wiseman

With weak conviction

And if I’m his first game he fouls out or misses a rotation you guys will be all over me. No worries.

Like my new sig?

I'll give a few years for Wiseman to become a star.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#2290 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:27 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I have paralysis from over-analysis at this point and don't know who I want them to draft. I give up. Really the only thing I know for sure is I don't want Lamelo.

That's where I was months ago.

If they love a player just take him. If they don't love a single player look for a trade down or out.

Because I don't know. I know the top 3 players have a ton of questions, and there are several more "solid" prospects in the next 10 but they all have questions too.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#2291 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:22 pm

The late first/2nd round has some players I think could be steals. Desmond Bane, Kira Lewis, Xavier Tillman, Killian Tillie.

Any others you got?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#2292 » by TB » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:55 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:The late first/2nd round has some players I think could be steals. Desmond Bane, Kira Lewis, Xavier Tillman, Killian Tillie.

Any others you got?

Players I think will have best chance to stick in NBA rotations, based on where i've seen them listed:

Seen these players listed mostly late 1st:
Bane, Stewart, Ramsey

Players i've seen listed 2nd round alot:
Tillman, Riller, Stanley, N'Doye, Reed, Hinton, Azubuike

Obviously different types of players in there. For example, Reed and Stanley may have higher upside, but also a bit more of a project and hoping they fix some things. Whereas guys like Tillman and Bane may not have allstar upside, but nobody would be surprised to see them in a playoff rotation year 1 or 2.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#2293 » by Coxy » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:08 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I have paralysis from over-analysis at this point and don't know who I want them to draft. I give up. Really the only thing I know for sure is I don't want Lamelo.

Don't give up Mac.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#2294 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:56 pm

Oh, for the hell of it:

Draft Obi Toppin (Amare)
Find a way to get Tyler Bey (Shawn Marion)

You get those guys, you get small-ball, run-n-gun Phoenix Suns of late 90s/mid-2000s!
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#2295 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:18 pm

Has the NBA put a tentative date out yet for the Draft?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#2296 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:36 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Has the NBA put a tentative date out yet for the Draft?

They have it listed for October 16th.

I also think not having an NCAA Tournament has caused lot of disinterest towards this draft class. Nobody knew who Steph Curry was till the NCAA tournament.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#2297 » by wco81 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:54 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Oh, for the hell of it:

You get those guys, you get small-ball, run-n-gun Phoenix Suns of late 90s/mid-2000s!

How many titles did those teams win?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#2298 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:23 pm

wco81 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Oh, for the hell of it:

How many titles did those teams win?

Guess you didn't take it as a joke/sarcasm. But, all I was saying was the talent Phoenix had back then made them a fun team to watch -- especially when Steve Nash was traded back to them for the 2005 season. With our motion offense and heavy defensive switches, we can replicate them and be better.

A lineup of Curry, Thompson, Tyler Bey, Green, and Toppin definitely would give fits 2 decades ago! Though, Duncan, KG, Dirk, and other Allstar 7 fters would still torch us.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#2299 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:00 am

Mylie10 wrote:There’s no waste in regards to Wiseman. He’d play right away, and the improvement throughout the year, to Playoff time would be drastic in a positive sense.

He absolutely does not hurt a title run next season. He enhances it.

I love how you’ve double down on Wiseman lol. Got his whole rookie year growth arc.

I cannot wait for when the NBA Allows some sort of combine and hope players participate.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#2300 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:16 am

I’m still a Cassius Stanley fan for a 2nd round pick. A 6’5 Monta Ellis with more athleticism and better distance shooter.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors