ImageImageImage

A closer look at our road record this year!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Re: A closer look at our road record this year!! 

Post#21 » by youngcrev » Tue Sep 8, 2020 9:06 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:Lol dude is talking about "goalpost" but then tries to put words in my mouth regarding me looking at the home stats? Smh. It's obviously more tougher to win on the road than at home..so logic suggests you need your full arsenal on the road much more than you do in your home comforts. The bottom line is the team never had a chance to properly gel..so blaming the season's failure totally on the roster is foolhardy.

Seriously?

PhillyPhilly wrote:Er the injuries were mostly on the road because our starting five, plus Ben and Joel, played way more games together at home...that's just a fact. If .

PhillyPhilly wrote:Lol er my point in the op wasn't just about the starting five though..it was about Ben, Josh and Joe INDIVIDUALLY missing games too...which happened less at home...but nice try buddy :lol: :lol:
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#22 » by Kobblehead » Tue Sep 8, 2020 11:58 pm

TTP wrote:The first thing I always look at when trying to identify potential NBA randomness is 3 point shooting percentages. Here are the 3 playoff teams with the largest home/road differential, as well as a 4th team that had a nearly identical home/road record, and their 3 point shooting splits:

76ers (31-4 at home, 12-26 on the road)
76ers Home 3P% = 38.2%
Opponent 3P% = 33.8%

76ers Road 3P% = 35.9%
Opponent 3P% = 36.9%

Heat (29-7 at home, 15-22 on the road)
Heat Home 3P% = 39.7%
Opponent 3P% = 33.7%

Heat Road 3P% = 36.1%
Opponent 3P% = 35.5%

Blazers (21-15 at home, 14-24 on the road)
Blazers Home 3P% = 39.4%
Opponent 3P% = 36.2%

Blazers Road 3P% = 36.2%
Opponent 3P% = 37.3%

Raptors (26-10 at home, 27-9 on the road)
Raptors Home 3P% = 38.0%
Opponent 3P% = 34.8%

Raptors Road 3P% = 36.7%
Opponent 3P% = 32.5%

All three teams with a much better home record shot considerably better from 3 than their opponents at home, and worse than their opponents from 3 on the road. The team with the similar home/road record, the Raptors, had a much higher 3P% than their opponents both at home and on the road, and the differential for each was fairly similar.

Sixers opponents had the greatest road/home 3P% split of the teams, shooting 3.1% better at home than on the road. So you have the Sixers shooting 4.4% better from 3 at home compared to road, and their opponents shooting 3.1% worse at the WFC compared to their own arena, for an effective 7.5% difference. The Heat had a 5.4% difference. The Blazers had a 4.3% difference. The Raptors had a -1.0% difference. All of that seems to correlate with each of their records.

I'm sure someone smarter than me could make more of this, but I'm not concerned at all going forward.

That's because shooting doesn't travel. Only defense and ball handlers do.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#23 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:35 am

youngcrev wrote:Seriously?

Er YES!!..you did try to put words in my mouth..

You even say in the original post that you didn't bother to look at home games because they played so well there

Where did i SAY i didn't "bother" to look at the home games? Can you read properly sir? :-? I said THE HOME RECORD DOESN'T NEED TO BE EXPLAINED!!...big difference buddy. So again, don't try to put words in my mouth..period.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#24 » by youngcrev » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:03 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:

You even say in the original post that you didn't bother to look at home games because they played so well there

Where did i SAY i didn't "bother" to look at the home games? Can you read properly sir? :-? I said THE HOME RECORD DOESN'T NEED TO BE EXPLAINED!!...big difference buddy. So again, don't try to put words in my mouth..period.

That's what my interpretation of this comment was:

Our home record this year was historically good!!..only losing two games and beating the vast majority of contenders who came to Well Fargo...so that doesn't even need to be explained.

I don't feel like I misread or mischaracterized the statement, particularly given your faulty statements that were bolded in my last post. If you'd prefer I said "you basically said..." rather than "you even say..." Ok. But now you're just grasping at straws.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#25 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:11 am

youngcrev wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:

That's what my interpretation of this comment was:

Our home record this year was historically good!!..only losing two games and beating the vast majority of contenders who came to Well Fargo...so that doesn't even need to be explained.

I don't feel like I misread or mischaracterized the statement, particularly given your faulty statements that were bolded in my last post. If you'd prefer I said "you basically said..." rather than "you even say..." Ok. But now you're just grasping at straws.

NO!!..you tried to put words in my mouth in an effort to enhance your feeble argument and it backfired!!..which is why you're BACK TRACKING now after the evidence was presented very clearly that i did NOT say what you accused me of saying...period.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#26 » by youngcrev » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:26 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:NO!!..you tried to put words in my mouth in an effort to enhance your feeble argument and it backfired!!..which is why you're BACK TRACKING now after the evidence was presented very clearly that i did NOT say what you accused me of saying...period.

No, for the most part I was directly quoting you, and now you're deciding to harp on something random.

The fact is folks love to blame Brand and the fo for the roster but that very same roster had a historic home record and on the road Brett's poor coaching, along with consistent injuries to our best players, really killed our season in the end. The team could never get a good run of games together.

Er the injuries were mostly on the road because our starting five, plus Ben and Joel, played way more games together at home...that's just a fact

Lol er my point in the op wasn't just about the starting five though..it was about Ben, Josh and Joe INDIVIDUALLY missing games too...which happened less at home

Errrr... These are all quotes directly from you. Quotes that came before I "put words in your mouth"
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:37 am

youngcrev wrote:
No, for the most part I was directly quoting you, and now you're deciding to harp on something random.

Errrr... These are all quotes directly from you. Quotes that came before I "put words in your mouth"

Nope again...your whole argument fell apart when you decided to try and LIE about what i actually said. After that I couldn't trust you to have a civil debate.
SixersSince82
Junior
And1: 202

Post#28 » by SixersSince82 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:02 pm

According to the OP they were 3-6 (if I counted correctly) in the ROAD games that ALL 5 starters played in. So, I dont think "injuries" accounts for anything regarding the teams starting 5s potential on the road.

Changes in 3 point shooting and getting to the free throw line are probably bigger factors, which makes sense because the roster doesn't have good 3 point shooter or guys good at getting to the line (besides Joel).

This version of the 6ers is a "mid range" jump shooting team. Kinda funny since their entire offensive philosophy was to force the opponent to shot mid-range jumpers, but I digress.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers