ImageImage

PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,730

Re: PG - Bucks Come Up Short in Game 5 

Post#201 » by brettski » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:54 am

I think at least one has to change, coach or point guard. Ideally though Bled is gone because he just doesn't show up in the play offs.

We can probably live with Bud as coach and his philosophy rather than in game management IF we have an in game manager on the floor. CP3 gives us that. But I am pretty concerned with the age/price tag associated with him.

If we change coach we could change point guard as well without needing to overpay for CP3. Or if the coach's system minimises the point guard's offensive role we could possibly keep Bled.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#202 » by TD75 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:59 am

I was thinking...
Do you know who would be able to play the PnR great with Giannis/Khris?
Brogdon
Do you know who would fit great with Wes Matthews?
Brogdon
Do you know who is a good playmaker that can read the game?
Brogdon
:o :-? :roll:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#203 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:00 am

Bud was completely overwhelmed and that's disturbing when he's a veteran coach. Numerous times our guys had no idea what to do after timeouts (and throughout the games in general), as they're looking back at the bench and gesturing while the ball is being inbounded.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#204 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:02 am

Brogdon would be great. Smart, good shooter, has a calming presence and always seems to make the right play. Just what this team needs. Only makes $20 million a year too.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#205 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:04 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Cythaps wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:when miami inevitiabIy Ioses the championsiup wouId you suggest they break it up? or if they win it wouId that be the time?

I'm just saying that there is no 50 win team without Giannis.

disagree.... strongIy

Correct. The Bucks had 10 games he didn't play and over 18 mpg in the games he did play to show that they are roughly a 50-win team without him. They could have won 70 with him if they were trying. That puts him in the 15+ wins added category which is one of the best seasons ever. Saying this is a low-40's win team without him is the equivalent of saying he's significantly more valuable than prime Jordan or Lebron. It's laughable.

They had no mojo in the bubble. It sucked, but it doesn't mean they suck; it just means they have to keep improving. They should definitely be tinkering with the makeup of the roster. All they really had to work with when Horst took over was Giannis, Khris, and the DJ pick. It's actually remarkable that they added so many good players in this short amount of time, but it should come as no surprise that they didn't get many good players who also happened to be perfect fits. That has to be the next step.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#206 » by MrHoneycutt » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:05 am

I've no idea what changes could be in store, but if it's between a radical shake-up and minimal pruning on the fringes, I hope they get wild. Giannis has always had the desire, but it's time to pair ongoing and honed off-season work with some better personnel. Prove us wrong LED and Horsty, because this one hurts bad.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#207 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:17 am

Just popped in to say I love this board and regardless of offseason moves I appreciate the differences in perspective and knowledge. Thanks for helping keep my sanity and fandom right sized (in my head anyway...).
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,229

Post#208 » by fan230 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:18 am

mattg wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:Against the Raptors last season — 10.2 PPG 29.4 FG% 17.2 3P%. Against the Heat this season — 11.8 PPG 33.3 FG% 21.4 3P%.

I love Bled and his hustle but he is cripping our already crippled offense even more. He is the worst fit PG to Giannis.
Khris got the Giannis treatment tonight and the defender of Bledsoe basically forgot who was defending at times leaving him all alone.

We got beat two times by impressive defenses and we made their job even easier by giving them an extra defender to defend Giannis for free.

Interesting that we somehow can't figure out how to mitigate that when playing 4 shooters and Bledsoe...by simply positioning him as the big man on offense in those lineups, considering we are always playing shooting bigs anyway. Bledsoe has sucked hard, but lets be real, the coaching staff and players can't seem to figure out super basic strategical stuff. Why have Bledsoe spotting up which allows his man to cheat to the perimeter?

Only one of our so called four shooters is any good in shooting. That is the problem.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#209 » by M-C-G » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:25 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Bud was completely overwhelmed and that's disturbing when he's a veteran coach. Numerous times our guys had no idea what to do after timeouts (and throughout the games in general), as they're looking back at the bench and gesturing while the ball is being inbounded.

The amount of turnovers / near turnovers out of timeouts is concerning. Are guys just not focused, not listening?

The lack of adjustments and the Heat figuring out how to negate Lopez defensively immensely concerning.

This team wasn’t right post break. Bud wasn’t right and his stubbornness is a problem. Adapt or be fired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#210 » by drone3 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:29 am

We just need CP3 for the playoffs, he can chillax the whole season. Pop would be the ultimate but doubt that will happen.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,413

Post#211 » by th87 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:30 am

Done with the thread. Now sad.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#212 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:33 am

A. I think the Bucks are an almost unprecedented hack the regular season team by nature of their style of play and the relentless nature of their best player

B. LeBron teams never take the regular season seriously and Jordan teams were well constructed and expertly coached

C. The Bucks (other than the 2-2 start) got off on an incredible run buoyed by an incredible streak of opposing stars sitting against us and Middleton being in decent shape due to the Olympics

Whatever the numbers suggest, I don't see a team with Middleton as the focal point and Bledsoe/Brook alternating as the second and third best players winning more than half their games. There's far too much streaky-ness, bad decision making and inconsistent play. The rest of the team without Giannis gets far worse looks and we all of a sudden look like the old, poor shooting team we are, to say nothing of the defense

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#213 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:48 am

Cheers fellas. What a wild ride of a season. Overall, the Bucks are still in a positive place. They didn’t quit on Bud. We’re armed with a lot more useful information. Who wants a weird bubble championship anyway? :wink: It’ll feel better when we’re physically at the parade.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#214 » by CJTURT » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:50 am

Over 20million $$ of our season salary had nothing to do with this playoff series. Maybe more
CJTURT
Veteran

Post#215 » by CJTURT » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:52 am

Most of it didn’t even see the floor
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#216 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:01 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Whatever the numbers suggest, I don't see a team with Middleton as the focal point and Bledsoe/Brook alternating as the second and third best players winning more than half their games. There's far too much streaky-ness, bad decision making and inconsistent play. The rest of the team without Giannis gets far worse looks and we all of a sudden look like the old, poor shooting team we are, to say nothing of the defense

That's why nobody would suggest Khris should be a big focal point. Just draw the other team's best perimeter defender and try Bledsoe or Lopez if they have a match-up or let guys like DDV, Wes, and Hill get theirs. It's pretty basic basketball really, despite the fact that some people are singing Miami's praises for it. They did it for very long stretches in games 4 and 5 and looked great. When Khris reverted to isoball against great defenders, it was pretty ugly even though he made some tough shots. That's not sustainable, but playing basic good team ball like they did for most of the season would be. You could tell it was going to be that type of game for him when he tried to go all Kyrie against Crowder in the first quarter.
CJTURT
Veteran

Post#217 » by CJTURT » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:12 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Whatever the numbers suggest, I don't see a team with Middleton as the focal point and Bledsoe/Brook alternating as the second and third best players winning more than half their games. There's far too much streaky-ness, bad decision making and inconsistent play. The rest of the team without Giannis gets far worse looks and we all of a sudden look like the old, poor shooting team we are, to say nothing of the defense

That's why nobody would suggest Khris should be a big focal point. Just draw the other team's best perimeter defender and try Bledsoe or Lopez if they have a match-up or let guys like DDV, Wes, and Hill get theirs. It's pretty basic basketball really, despite the fact that some people are singing Miami's praises for it. They did it for very long stretches in games 4 and 5 and looked great. When Khris reverted to isoball against great defenders, it was pretty ugly even though he made some tough shots. That's not sustainable, but playing basic good team ball like they did for most of the season would be. You could tell it was going to be that type of game for him when he tried to go all Kyrie against Crowder in the first quarter.

Hill didn’t want to be there.He admitted it. He’s our locker room leader. I’m sure it played a big part of this. all. Guess we gotta move on from this year.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#218 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:19 am

CJTURT wrote:
Hill didn’t want to be there.He admitted it. He’s our locker room leader. I’m sure it played a big part of this. all. Guess we gotta move on from this year.

He was awful today and for most of the bubble. Still showed glimpses of being the glue guy we've come to expect but his failure to perform was a huge factor.

I'm about as big of a Hill fan as one can possibly be. I've wanted him on the Bucks since he was a Spur and always hated how the front office never seemed to pursue more players like him until recently. But I'm at a place where I'm coming to terms with the fact that he's probably not going to be good for much longer, and it sucks because it creates an awful chain reaction on the team, as we saw throughout the bubble.

I still think he has one more good year in him, and I'm hoping he's motivated to convince the Bucks to keep the non-guaranteed last year of his contract. If he's traded, it better not be just to make salaries work, because the team's two biggest issues are shooting and basketball smarts and it's hard to see how trading him wouldn't just exasperate the problems.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,939

Post#219 » by midranger » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:28 am

Last season was exciting and inspired confidence and hope right to the end.

This Season felt like a Twilight Zone episode where I was the only one (There were many more here, I know) who could see the gremlin on the wing who’d inevitably make the plane crash.

Just kind of expected this outcome all year, though it doesn’t make it easier to swallow.

I’m hoping they make good moves on the margin and use the experience of the last two playoff failures to win a chip next year. I’m hoping both players and coach grow from this. I hope giannis stops pretending to be a point or wing player and embraces being the most dominant interior player of this era. I’m hopeful I’ll never again see Eric Bledsoe in a playoff game for us. I’m hopeful for next year in a way I never really felt this season.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#220 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:41 am

Βrogdon would be great provided he wanted to stay in MKE and be a drive or catch & shoot guy who doesn't try to do much else.

Which he didn't, and he shouldn't.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks